Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 47 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Aeon-Flux Posted: 19:16 Mar08 2017 Post ID: 3429971
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
Romo should go to the Browns and just wrap up his career. lmao
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:24 Mar09 2017 Post ID: 3429997
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Cleveland??? That place is a burial ground for quarterbacks, The Browns haven't had a decent quarterback since Bernie Kosar and he last suited up for them in 1993 which is like 24 years ago. I agree with Matt77 in that Romo would probably be better off in Houston, it's not too far from home for him either.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:36 Mar09 2017 Post ID: 3430009
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Texans is definitely the best place suited for him, but Elway has a way of talking declining superstar QBs to Denver. lol
Sanzano Posted: 09:48 Mar09 2017 Post ID: 3430010
Sanzano
+
Lol, I'm surprised anyone takes John Elway seriously these days after hearing that he asked the popstar Rhianna out on a date recently. The poor girl was horrified, there's about a 30 year age gap.

Matt77 Posted: 17:47 Mar09 2017 Post ID: 3430036
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Chicago just released Cutler, Osweiler has gone to the Browns temporarily, and Romo looks gone.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 04:18 Mar10 2017 Post ID: 3430053
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Still can't believe the Browns got a 2nd Round Pick to absorb Osweiler's 16 million dollar contract. They have a minimum cap to hit, and they made out like bandits. They'll probably now release him to get a free compensatory pick next year, or trade him for a guaranteed draft pick. Could probably get another second or third round pick for him, at least if they agree to still pay the 16 million Osweiler is owed.
Sanzano Posted: 08:37 Mar10 2017 Post ID: 3430062
Sanzano
+
What has happened to Robert Griffin III in Cleveland? Looks like the Washington Redskins did the right thing releasing him. I must admit I thought it was a crazy decision at the time getting rid of the former 2011 Heisman Trophy winner in favour of some fella called Kirk Cousins who I had never heard of but last season justified the Redskns management knew what they were doing. I personally don't think Griffin III will ever be the same as he was before his string of unfortunate injuries.

FreezShock Posted: 10:32 Mar10 2017 Post ID: 3430070
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
After the first injury to RGIII, it just went downhill from there. I agree that the Redskins were wise to continue with Cousins, RGIII never learns the lesson of avoiding hits and never will.

I heard yesterday that Alshon Jeffery completely blew off Minnesota's offer of a 3 or 4-year contract to go to Philly for a single year. More of a high-powered offense in his opinion I guess. As a Minnesotan, that's rather depressing though.

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:22 Mar10 2017 Post ID: 3430077
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Freez: Minnesota low-balled him just because it was a long term deal. 14 mil is great for a WR for one year.

Dennis: I don't know man, Washington seems to be falling apart before our very eyes. Garcon and Jackson leave, the GM gets fired (with a video surfacing of people in the organization smack talking him as he leaves), and now Cousins has asked to be traded. Sorry, but this landslide is looking pretty bad.
Matt77 Posted: 21:54 Mar10 2017 Post ID: 3430113
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nice to see our Phins pick up some new players through trades/free agency. Gonna need them to perform well and to not lose important players like Kenny Stills if we want playoffs.

Sad to see what's happening in Washington. The 9-7 season with a home playoff game looked very promising. Now Dallas are a powerhouse, New York are very solid, especially on defense, and Philadelphia show some promise. If Cousins leaves, which may very well happen, it looks like a 4-12 season looms. Then again Mark you thought Miami would finish 4-12 last season and look what happened. Anything is possible, but miracles don't come around often when it comes to quarterbacks improving their form out of no-where. Who do Washington even have as a backup QB?

Also a question, if you could choose one free agent to come to your team for little to no price in terms of draft picks or players, who would it be?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

FreezShock Posted: 22:20 Mar10 2017 Post ID: 3430116
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
I see Warrior, I was listening to radio which didn't have all details at the time lol

Quite a bit happening, wow! I can't keep up...

Warrior13 Posted: 04:21 Mar11 2017 Post ID: 3430121
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Too much happening actually. lol

The Patriots keep getting richer. If they weren't already a lock for next years Super Bowl, they are now on paper. :/
Matt77 Posted: 09:06 Mar11 2017 Post ID: 3430133
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Remember, anything can happen. Injuries, form drop, surprise player exits, club breakdown. Imagine if Brady tore his ACL in week 1, Blount walked out in free agency, and NE started 0-4 with the club in turmoil. Not saying I want all these things to happen (all except no.1 would be nice) but anything can happen. Did anyone predict Miami recovering from a 1-4 start to make playoffs? Did anyone predict Derek Carr's season-ending injury? Did anyone predict NE recovering from 3-28 down in a Superbowl against one of the best offenses in history? Did anyone predict Dak Prescott taking Tony Romo's spot as Dallas QB permanently? Did anyone predict Carolina winning 9 less games than in their Superbowl Runner-Up season? Did anyone predict...

ViolinViolinViolin

FreezShock Posted: 12:17 Mar11 2017 Post ID: 3430146
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
We get the idea Matt...

Warrior13 Posted: 12:55 Mar11 2017 Post ID: 3430149
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I predicted like 80% of that. XD
Matt77 Posted: 21:46 Mar11 2017 Post ID: 3430187
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Which 4? Miami were arguably the worst team coming up to week 6 (should've lost to Cleveland but they missed 3/6 FGs). Who can predict an injury? A NE comeback only to fall short would've been predictable, but you have to a football genius to predict THAT comeback. Generally late picks don't replace veterans when it comes to quarterback. A Carolina slip was a good chance to happen but to go from 15-1 to 6-10; how can you predict that?

Sorry Pokemon Master, you aren't THAT great.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:39 Mar14 2017 Post ID: 3430390
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
1)I had no faith in the Phins, I admit, but the rest I did mention.

2)When Raiders had that short losing streak in the regular season, it was because Carr was tweeked. And I remember mentioning they had zero run game at that point, and it put Carr at a serious risk of being seriously injured. What happened?

3) Throughout the SB, I continuously told my family that the Pats WOULD come back, that they WOULD make a game out of it, probably even overtime if the Falcons didn't keep it up. What happened?

4) The second Romo hurt his back, I knew he was done in Dallas. Even if Dak had impressed aa he did, Romo was done. He has had so many back problems, so many that I still don't know if he should or could play in the NFL anymore. If you knew Romo's injury history with his back, you would've know he was done in Dallas. Dak was just a bonus and fell into the perfect situation. What happened?

5) The Panthers were the most overrated team in 2015-16. The NFC South was the worst division that year, and Carolina had one of the easiest schedules. Sure, they made it to the Super Bowl, but the crummy 15-16 Falcons could've had the same exact path a year before they did. Off that alone I knew the Panthers would have a setback this prior year. Maybe not as bad of a slide as they did, but injuries played more of a role in that. It was as easy to predict a Panthers slump as the Broncos after losing Manning. And what happened?

4/5 = 80% = Pokemon Master JUST THAT GREAT

:p
Matt77 Posted: 19:43 Mar14 2017 Post ID: 3430407
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Romo could've came back. If Dak hadn't impressed the way he did Romo would've surely returned. Possibly he would've got injured again, but a return was on the cards even with Dak's impressive form. Without it you know what would've happened. Would they have really started Mark Sanchez?

And do you really think Carolina would've finished 6-10?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:24 Mar14 2017 Post ID: 3430408
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
They may have said Romo was ready, but he wasn't. Cowboys blew so many people out that they could've played Romo, but they didn't. Why? Because even they believed, based on his history, that he was at least done for the season. And it's the same reason no team is willing to trade future picks for him.

I thought the Panthers were an 8-8 team at the start of the year. Again, many injuries lead to 6-10. From 15-1 to 8-8 is still a landslide prediction.
Matt77 Posted: 00:53 Mar15 2017 Post ID: 3430415
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well, let's see if Carolina really were overrated:

20-9 over Jacksonville - Decent win. Nothing much revealed.
24-17 over Houston - Decent win.
27-22 over New Orleans - Not great considering Brees didn't play
37-23 over Tampa Bay - Decent win by a good margin.
27-23 over Seattle - Brilliant win coming back from 14-23 in the final quarter on Seattle's home turf.
27-16 over Philadelphia - Decent enough win.
29-26 (OT) over Indianapolis - Scrappy win giving up a 17-point lead to trail by 3 in overtime before just hanging on.
37-29 over Green Bay - Quality win.
27-10 over Tennessee - Decent win.
44-16 over Washington - Decent win by a massive margin.
33-14 over Dallas - Decent win.
41-38 over New Orleans - With two more minutes on the clock Carolina would've lost.
38-0 over Atlanta - Decent win by a massive margin.
38-35 over New York Giants - Gave up a 28-point lead only to just hang on with a field goal.
13-20 loss to Atlanta - Awful loss to have to a team that was 1-6 in the last 7 games and got shut out 38-0 by Carolina 3 weeks earlier.
38-10 over Tampa Bay - Decent win by a big margin.

31-24 over Seattle - Brilliant in the first half but abysmal in the second.
49-15 over Arizona - Brilliant win against a solid team.
10-24 loss to Denver - Were favourites to win their first ever Superbowl against a team lucky to advance in both their playoff games.

I concede you were right. Take away luck from these Panthers and they finish 10-6 and possibly eliminated from playoffs in overtime in the divisional round.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 47 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close