Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 48 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 04:43 Mar15 2017 Post ID: 3430417
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I've lost track on what's happening in Washington regarding Cousins. If it is true and he did personally ask to be traded to the SF49rs then Washington need to get rid of him. No point having a player whose heart is not in the team, he'll just be playing the season with his eyes on his move the following season when he can leave as a free agent anyway which is no good for the Redskins. They need to get rid of him now and stockpile those draft picks and hopefully pick up a veteran Quarterback like Romo for 2017 and then do a bit of wheeling and dealing to get the best Quarterback available in the 2018 draft when the likes of Josh Rosen become eligible. I'm not too concerned about the wide recievers leaving, we've stil got Doctson and Crowder. So annoying, Washington were starting to look like a Super Bowl contender.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 05:21 Mar15 2017 Post ID: 3430418
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Washington do have Pryor coming in from Cleveland, and from what I've heard he's not too bad.

Yesterday Cousins said the rumor about him asking for a trade was false. Could just be a ploy by the club to keep things quiet but hopefully not. I think he is the future of Washington if he stays, and if he goes somewhere else he is their future. There was a stat saying since week 7 of the 2015/16 season Cousins has the highest passing rating of all quarterbacks. His play alone also got Washington at least a couple of wins, and without them you're looking at a 5-10-1 or 6-9-1 season. I see his progress very similar to Ryan Tannehill's over at Miami; was uncertain whether he would have a job next season and now looks to be the future of the club after a mostly solid season.

The problem is though, if Cousins leaves, they are in BIG trouble and will have next to no chance at playoffs for the next 2 seasons. The same problem would occur if he got injured. Having a backup quarterback who can play at this level is so important. When Derek Carr got injured Oakland became one of the worst teams in the league. When Ryan Tannehill got injured Miami's form barely dropped. Without Cousins at QB Washington's form will drop exactly like Oakland's did.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 02:58 Mar16 2017 Post ID: 3430437
Sanzano
+
Yes, I agree with you Matt77. I'm glad to hear that Cousins didn't go to management and demand a trade. I don't think there is any team in the league that has what I would call two great quaterbacks, I don't think teams can afford that luxury these days. The last time I can remember this happening was when the SF49rs had Joe Montana and Steve Young, mind you the Patriots did once have Tom Brady and Drew Bledsoe who was a great second string quarterback who could have started almost anywhere else in the league at the time.

Matt77 Posted: 05:15 Mar16 2017 Post ID: 3430441
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I don't mean a star quarterback, I just mean one who can come in and keep games competitive. One who could be a starter at another team and do well. New England have absolutely hit the jackpot of Garrapolo is as good as he is, and they should absolutely keep him on as a backup if he is happy to do so. Team depth is so important in any team sport.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 06:23 Mar16 2017 Post ID: 3430442
Sanzano
+
Absolutely, it's the key to a successful team, having players who can come in when the starters are injured and the team still performs. Why does everyone rate Garrapolo so highly, I've looked at his stats and they look average to me, plus he hasn't had much NFL experience.

Matt77 Posted: 09:15 Mar16 2017 Post ID: 3430443
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The game time he got last season (one and a half games) were really good but that is such a small sample size. It's likely everyone jumping on the hype train. However coming from the NE system and having arguably the GOAT mentoring you makes your resume a hell of a lot better. Then again who knows what could happen. He could head to Cleveland and be a dud like most quarterbacks who end up there are, or could be a rising star and finally get Cleveland back to a winning season or playoffs.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:49 Mar17 2017 Post ID: 3430505
Sanzano
+
Lol, Cleveland need more than a decent quarterback, even if Tom Brady went there they'd sruggle. They're best bet is putting together a good offensive line before they start thinking about getting a franchise quarterback because without any protection he's not going to last very long as Robert Griffin III found out.

Warrior13 Posted: 16:51 Mar17 2017 Post ID: 3430536
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Last I heard, the Browns are ready to trade quite a bit to New England for Garoppolo. Have no idea what that means, but New England will probably makes out with as many picks as the Rams did when Washington traded to get RGIII, as well as the Titans and Browns from the Rams and Eagles last year.

I've also seen that the Saints wants Malcolm Butler, but the Pats have him tendered with a 1st Round Pick. If the Saints sign him as is, that means the Pats will automatically get the number 11th Pick in this year's draft from the Saints. Some say the Saints would probably like to traded for him for less, but come on... Why would the Pats honestly give him away for less? He's rated as a 4-5 Star CB and is only like 25 or 26, and he's only gonna get better. If the Pats don't get the 11th Overall Pick, I'm sure they'll just pair Butler with recently signed big name CB Gilmore. That would be a nightmare for teams...

Talk about the rich getting richer...
Matt77 Posted: 21:54 Mar17 2017 Post ID: 3430554
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
When it comes to draft picks compared to proven-players, I'd take a player any day of the week. You never know how a draft pick will turn out, even if that player is rated highly. Look at the #1 Jared Goff. A terrible o-line didn't help, but still his form was awful. The only time I'd take a good draft pick over a good player is if I was rebuilding my team.

When quality players leave for something like a 3rd round pick it's a disgrace. The way I see it trading a decent player should earn you minimum a 2nd round pick

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:58 Mar17 2017 Post ID: 3430555
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Jared Geoff was overrated, and the Rams were so desperate they overreached on him. He'll bust.
Matt77 Posted: 04:13 Mar18 2017 Post ID: 3430569
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The poor Rams, they just traded away a decent defensive end William Hayes and a 7th round pick to Miami for a 6th round pick; a trade where they easily lose. They used to have a good defense, but now the pieces are being pulled apart in an already lost team.

What even happened to this team? They rebounded strongly after a 0-28 loss to San Francisco by winning 3 consecutive games (Seattle, Tampa Bay, Arizona) to sit at 3-1 and actually be a playoff contender. Then proceed to go 1-11 with their sole win featuring 0 touchdowns. Also included were comeback losses where they lead 10-0 over New York Giants at QT, 13-0 over Miami with minutes remaining and 21-7 against San Francisco also with just minutes remaining, and lost both.

Hard to see who they can beat next season. Unfortunately 2-14 seems realistic.

ViolinViolinViolin

FreezShock Posted: 21:55 Mar18 2017 Post ID: 3430615
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
Garoppolo feels like one of those boom-or-bust backups supported by a good team. Think Osweiler, Matt Flynn, TJ Yates. Again, Jimmy has had an Aaron Rodgers couple of years to study.

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Sanzano Posted: 02:35 Mar20 2017 Post ID: 3430646
Sanzano
+
The NFL draft starts April 27th so we are a five weeks away, things should start hotting up from now on in with teams jockeying for position. If you look through the previous years drafts there's always three or four players in the first round that go on to have Hall of Fame careers, I look at this years list and can't help thinkng which players they are going to be and will the Washington Redskins draft one of them.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 20th 2017 »

Warrior13 Posted: 21:51 Mar23 2017 Post ID: 3430877
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Garrett, like Clowney, has no one to blame but himself if he doesn't reach the Hall of Fame. Dude is that skilled.

Same goes for Fornette.
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Mar27 2017 Post ID: 3431060
Sanzano
+
Who's going to get Fornette, are there any teams interested in trading up?

Fornette could be the next Earl Campbell. I remember when the Tyler Rose entered the NFL as a rookie for the Oilers, he was also a 240lb beast who it took half the opposing team to bring down.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:49 Mar27 2017 Post ID: 3431099
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brady tells Pats he wants to play another 6-7 years... O.O
Sanzano Posted: 01:31 Mar28 2017 Post ID: 3431107
Sanzano
+
Warrior13 said:Brady tells Pats he wants to play another 6-7 years... O.O

The Patriots are after Christian McCaffrey, I still think Belichick will use Tom Brady as bait to get the number one or two pick from Cleveland or San Francisco to get a top player. Christian McCaffrey broke Barry Sanders's NCAA record of 3,250 all purpose yards in a season. Tom Brady saying he wants to play another six or seven years is just trying to the best deal for himself possible, nobody wants to pay top dollar for a player who plans on retiring in a couple of years.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 28th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:01 Mar28 2017 Post ID: 3431109
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I saw that article. Brady is only human, and in a few years his form will drop. No way he makes it to 6-7, let alone 5. How often has he been injured in his career? Not having injuries certainly helps, but if he hasn't had many and gets injured next season it could have a serious toll on his body.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 03:38 Mar28 2017 Post ID: 3431111
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: Brady will never be traded. If the Pats trade any QB, it will be Garoppolo, who the Browns have said they wanted. Besides, McCaffery will probably drop to the mid to late 1st Round, so the Pats wouldn't need #1 or anything relatively close to get him.

Matt: He's had one major injury, buts that's it. If he stays healthy and productive, I definitely think he can play until 45. He's never had the best arm in the world, he's simply a winner with cerebral accuracy.
Sanzano Posted: 05:36 Mar28 2017 Post ID: 3431113
Sanzano
+
Warrior13: Why would the Patriots trade away their future which they have been grooming for the last couple of years if they get rid of Garoppolo. From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense. Everyone said the same about Montana, Favre and Manning when they reached the end of their careers but management for the 49rs, Packers and Colts still cashed in while they could. If the Patriots get rid of Garoppolo and Brady gets injured they have one major problem as I don't think he will be able to recover fully at this stage of his career. Even if the Patriots traded Garoppolo for a first round draft pick they have a major headache trying to find a replacement for Brady, no way is he lasting another six years, I give him two more years max and then his form dips dramatically like Mannings did. It's going to be interesting seeing what happens, if Brady isn't traded this year it will be next year but from the Patriots standpoint the sooner the better because the longer they leave it the less they will be able to get for him.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 28th 2017 »

Displaying Page 48 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close