Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 03:16 Sep21 2016 Post ID: 3423178
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
That would be ridiculous. Isn't it called the National Football League?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 05:38 Sep21 2016 Post ID: 3423181
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Looks like the NFL is going to go worldwide starting with England, then Germany. Just imagine if Australia and New Zealand put a team together, the Super Bowl wouldn't stay in the US for very long. Don't you think it would be more exciting, than seeing the same teams in the play-offs each year?

Matt77 Posted: 06:14 Sep21 2016 Post ID: 3423182
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It just seems like a horrible idea to me. Certainly in Australia very few people care about the NFL and also how would divisions and conferences work? Also, teams may have to travel on 10+ hour flights every few weeks. There are already a whopping 32 teams in the NFL. Any more would be insane.

Also, what would it be renamed to be?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 07:57 Sep21 2016 Post ID: 3423183
Sanzano
+
I don't know, I suppose something like the WFL World Football League and the World Bowl. It always struck me as silly that the in Baseball it is the World Series yet only American teams were competing. Travelling won't be a problem in a few years time as planes are in development that can get from England to New York in under 2 hours. It's called the SonicStar.

Matt77 Posted: 09:24 Sep21 2016 Post ID: 3423186
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yeah but you suggested Australia and New Zealand. That flight would still be a nightmare.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 10:00 Sep21 2016 Post ID: 3423187
Sanzano
+
London to Sydney 3.5 hours. How would the American public react if say for example an Australian team in 10 years time won the competition?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 21st 2016 »

Warrior13 Posted: 22:18 Sep21 2016 Post ID: 3423325
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
9-7 two weeks in a row. :/

Had nine wins going into Sunday night each week, went 0-3 afterwards in Week 1 and 0-2 Week 2. :/
Matt77 Posted: 02:48 Sep22 2016 Post ID: 3423338
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior, do you do a tipping competition or just tip for fun?

Also on a side note, and since you're here, where are Miami going to finish this season? Sure they're 0-2 but they've taken on two of the most difficult tasks in football and been within a score of winning one and tying another.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 22nd 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:48 Sep22 2016 Post ID: 3423350
Sanzano
+
I think the Miami Dolphins will end up 4-12 and at the bottom of the American Footbll Conference. It's tough for a team to get motivated once they've lost the first couple of games. They've had a tough start that's for sure but they weren't embarrassed by either the Seahawks or Patriots.

K Dawg Posted: 16:22 Sep22 2016 Post ID: 3423385
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
Matt77 said:It just seems like a horrible idea to me. Certainly in Australia very few people care about the NFL and also how would divisions and conferences work? Also, teams may have to travel on 10+ hour flights every few weeks. There are already a whopping 32 teams in the NFL. Any more would be insane.

Also, what would it be renamed to be?

If it makes money, the NFL doesn't care. If they can market to the rest of the world correctly, they could make football (American) the next futball of the world.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Matt77 Posted: 18:58 Sep22 2016 Post ID: 3423392
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
In 2008 Miami started 0-2 and finished 11-5. I admit that 2008 team would've been much better than this one but I think it doesn't matter. Last season Seattle and Houston started 0-2. However if Miami lose to Cleveland they're finished. They also need to beat the primetime chokers on Thursday night Week 4.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:31 Sep22 2016 Post ID: 3423397
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Ehh... If the Phins finish 8-8, I'll be happy. Even before Brady being suspended, I knew the Phins would lose AT Seahawks and AT Patriots. We just have to find a way to defeat the Jets and Bills this year.
Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Sep23 2016 Post ID: 3423404
Sanzano
+
It's not an easy the schedule the Dolphins have this year, having two tough games at the start of the season back to back hasn't helped them. Like Matt77 says, If they lose against Cleveland the Miami fans might as well start looking to see who the high first round draft picks are going to be next year and start thinking about strengthening weaknesses as their chances of getting to the playoffs this year will be unlikely.

Matt77 Posted: 02:43 Sep23 2016 Post ID: 3423410
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thursday night's result:

New England defeated Houston 27-0

Was absolutely shell-shocked here. I fully expected Houston to win, or at least keep it close. Surely now NE are guaranteed a top 2 AFC finish again.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 13:40 Sep23 2016 Post ID: 3423436
Sanzano
+
27-0!!!, that's making a statement of intent. The Patriots must be the bookies clear favourites after that performance. Did the Patriots play that good or did Houston just not turn up?

Matt77 Posted: 20:30 Sep23 2016 Post ID: 3423438
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I didn't see the game, but seeing as they never even got to field goal range in 60 minutes of football I'd say it's Houston's fault.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 15:14 Sep24 2016 Post ID: 3423464
Sanzano
+
Not getting into field goal range in 60 minutes is embarrassing. When that started happening to the Saints in the 70's their fans attended their games with paper bags over their heads so they wouldn't be recognized.

Matt77 Posted: 21:19 Sep24 2016 Post ID: 3423468
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's so strange. Houston beat the lowly Chicago quite easily, then beat the divisional playoff team in Kansas City easily too, allowing them 0 touchdowns. Then they get shut out by a New England team with a third string QB, who only just scraped through the lowly Miami.

Also, how good will Philadelphia be this season? Will Wentz be as good as he has been consistently? If he can do you think they can make the playoffs?

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 21:30 Sep25 2016 Post ID: 3423503
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Sunday's Results:

Buffalo defeated Arizona 33-18
Oakland defeated Tennessee 17-10
Washington defeated New York Giants 29-27
Miami defeated Cleveland 30-24 in overtime
Baltimore defeated Jacksonville 19-17
Green Bay defeated Detroit 34-27
Denver defeated Cincinnati 29-17
Minnesota defeated Carolina 22-10
Los Angeles defeated Tampa Bay 37-32
Seattle defeated San Fransisco 37-18
Kansas City defeated New York Jets 24-3
Indianapolis defeated San Diego 26-22
Philadelphia defeated Pittsburgh 34-3
Dallas defeated Chicago 31-17

Some big upsets this week so far. Buffalo over Arizona is massive and saved Buffalo from losing all confidence for the season. Also puts Arizona 1-2 which may be a concern given Seattle and Los Angeles are 2-1. Good divisional win for Washington, and boy did they need that. So glad my Phins could scrape a win, even if it was over one of the worst teams. Cleveland missed 3 FGs, which in the end just one going through would've been enough. Minnesota are looking to be one of the favourites for the Superbowl title after their triumph over Carolina in Carolina. Even without their no.1 QB, they are still a strong team. Los Angeles and Seattle finally found some scoring power, each scoring 37 points in their respective games. How Los Angeles bounced back from a 0-28 drubbing to win their next two games against better than mediocre sides amazes me. And finally the two thrashings that no-one expected. The first was slightly more realistic, even though Kansas City and New York are fairly even. But the 34-3 scoreline in the final game was just amazing. Pittsburgh, the fancies for a SB appearance, thrashed by a last year 7-9 team with a QB in his third game. Philly look to be the real deal this season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remaining undefeated teams. Who will last the longest?

New England
Baltimore
Philadelphia
Minnesota
Denver

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 25th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:59 Sep26 2016 Post ID: 3423510
Sanzano
+
That Pittsburgh score surprised me, I wasn't expecting that. A good win against the Giants for the Redskins even if it wasn't convincing. Josh Norman against Odell Beckham was interesting to watch, two great competitors at their position going head to head. If only Washington had a decent running back and a good run defense I'd feel a bit more confident about them reaching the playoffs.

Displaying Page 5 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close