Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 54 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 02:06 May15 2017 Post ID: 3433057
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I'm sick of the sight of Tom Brady and the New England Patriots uniform, the cover should have been Matt Ryan of the Falcons. Apart from a dismal Super Bowl him and the Atlanta Falcons offense was the talk of most of last season.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 02:17 May15 2017 Post ID: 3433059
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Brady was always going to get it.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 03:54 May15 2017 Post ID: 3433060
Sanzano
+
I wish he'd just retire, I'm sick of the sight of him and that team winning every year. It reminds me of the San Francisco 49rs when they were winning everything during the 80's. I got sick of the sight of them too.

Matt77 Posted: 10:24 May15 2017 Post ID: 3433064
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol and now they are abysmal. Don't worry, one day NE will finish 2-14 and we can party.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 03:21 May16 2017 Post ID: 3433087
Sanzano
+
The funny thing is I remember during the 70's and early 80's New England were abysmal, apart from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers they were the worst team in the NFL, even their old logo was a joke. Even now when I look at it I can't help but cringe.

Matt77 Posted: 09:51 May16 2017 Post ID: 3433096
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol.

Speaking of logos, since when was a giant the letters ny, a bengal the letter B, a charger a lightning bolt, a packer the letter G, a 49er (whatever a 49er is) the letters SF, a jet some letters, a brown (whatever a brown is) an orange helmet, a steeler (whatever that is) 3 stars, a Texan what looks to be horns, a chief the letters KC, and a bear the letter C? Some of these logos (actually about a third) in the NFL are absolutely disgusting. In the AFL there are a few teams similar to this but in the NRL there are all interesting team logos. Miami's logo was the reason I chose to support them.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 22:10 May17 2017 Post ID: 3433218
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
LeGarrette Blount has just signed a one-year deal with Philadelphia.

Can someone please explain this? New England, the strongest team in the NFL let the leading rushing touchdown player go, and get nothing in return? What even happened? Did he want to go? Was he forced out? Nevertheless I'm very happy to see him leave New England.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:37 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433237
Sanzano
+
Lots of the logos used in the NFL may look terrible but there's actually a story behind them. Cleveland Browns are named after their original owner Paul Brown and first coach, the helmet has never had a logo on it. San Francisco 49rs pays homage to the prospectors who arrived in Northern California in the 1849 Gold Rush. The Green Bay Packers, got its name from the Indian Packing Company who helped form the franchise. Pittsburgh Steelers logo is based on the Steelmark logo belonging to the American Iron and Steel Institute. The Chicago Bears were named to reflect baseball's Chicago Cubs. The Jets were named after a poll to name the football team and Jets was chosen. Miami's logo was chosen by the owner Joe Robbie who told the press 'The dolphin is one of the fastest and smartest creatures of the sea', the team also had a live mascot in the early years of a dolphin. The Bengals first helmet design had 'Bengals' written across it in black (looked terrible) and the NY Giants like the Chicago Bears borrowed their name from the city's baseball team.

Sanzano Posted: 01:47 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433238
Sanzano
+
As for the Patriots getting rid of LeGarrette Blount, I can only assume it's his age (31), the Patriots must think he doesn't have much left in the tank and his poor yards per carry (3.9). Personally I think New England should have hung onto him and offered him a one year deal like the Eagles did, 18 rushing Touchdowns last year makes up for the poor yards per carry in my opinion.

Matt77 Posted: 04:11 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433240
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Poor yards per carry of 3.9? That's a decent number in my opinion, given the fact he's also contributing points.

With the team logos I didn't mean that I didn't understand their names (only with the Browns and 49ers). It's that I don't understand why a team like Chicago think a bear is the letter C, and why the Jets don't have a jet on their logo. They may as well be called the Chicago C's.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:21 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433241
Sanzano
+
The letter C I would have thought signified Chicago. The Jets did have a jet of sorts on their helmet during the 60's but thankfully it got changed.

Matt77 Posted: 09:32 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433245
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Cambridge, Cape Coral, Carrollton, Cedar Rapids, Chandler, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Chulu Vista, Cincinnati, Clarskville, Clearwater, Cleveland,...the list goes on. Also you can't use that logic with Cincinnati having their logo as the letter B. The Bincinnati Bengals?

I just don't like their logos.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 18th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:18 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433249
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Blount stats were misleading, especially for lasr year. He literally ran it in every time the Pats were like one or two years away from the end zone. If they wanted to, Brady could've had almost all of his 18 TDs since he always gets a yard or two from a QB sneak.

Blount has never performed well outside of the Patriots Organization, and really, the Pats didn't need him anymore. They signed two average RBs this offseason, which will make up for Blount since they still have Brady and run their same offense. Also, the Pats will get a compensatory pick next draft because Blount signed elsewhere, so it's a win/win.
Matt77 Posted: 18:40 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433264
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
But he didn't get all 18 TDs. If what you're saying is true why did they play him at all last year? In fact, while you're at it why not just dump all but one WR. Also making 3 yards from 3 yards out is harder than making 3 yards from 60 yards out.

Obviously taking it too far but do you see my point? "If it aint broke, don't fix it" (quote from an English speech that scored 30/30). There was nothing wrong with the New England that went 14-1 with Brady and 17-2 in total.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:45 May18 2017 Post ID: 3433273
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
They're making moves that they think will make them better, as well as ones that will better accommodate Brady in his older age. It's the Patriots, and they're usually smarter than most other teams.
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 May19 2017 Post ID: 3433287
Sanzano
+
Lol, I make you right Warrior 13, I'm not going to second guess Bill Belichick. When the guy retires he will be looked upon as the greatest football coach ever, he's got the hardware to prove it with all those Super Bowl rings. He now has 7 altogether and he's not finished collecting them.

To be honest regarding the running back position in New England I don't think it matters much who you put in the backfield as long as they are half decent, that Offensive unit has so much confidence it's going to elevate the play of whoever plays there to another level. If you look at the history of players who have left New England and joined other teams they have not performed as well as expected. I think Blout will be another example of this and if the Patriots pick a decent player in the draft with the pick they got for him it will just add to Bilichicks legend of being the best coach ever.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 19th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:50 May19 2017 Post ID: 3433293
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Can he hurry up and retire? Like right now.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 18:34 May19 2017 Post ID: 3433323
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Why would he when he keeps winning? lol
Matt77 Posted: 21:29 May19 2017 Post ID: 3433328
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That's the problem. He keeps winning. Therefore forcing Miami to scrape a wildcard every year.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:37 May19 2017 Post ID: 3433335
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
He doesn't care, but why would any coach. He's getting paid, he's winning. Win/win for any coach.
Displaying Page 54 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close