Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 56 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 02:32 May26 2017 Post ID: 3433625
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Don't worry, every club makes silly mistakes at the draft. In the same draft as Griffin III and Cousins Miami used their #8 pick on Tannehill who did very little in his first few years up until now. Meanwhile in his draft Tom Brady was taken as pick #199.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 03:50 May26 2017 Post ID: 3433626
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Lol, I know, every team passed over Tom Brady about four times. When you have a look at his draft video you can see why, he is the most unathletic looking player I have ever seen at the combine, watching him do the 40 yard dash is painful. He ran it in 5.28 seconds!!!!!

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 26th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 09:00 May26 2017 Post ID: 3433629
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That begs the question, why does it matter how fast you can run if you are a quarterback? You could be slow as a wet week but pass beautifully and score 5 times a game.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 10:06 May26 2017 Post ID: 3433630
Sanzano
+
I agree with you, the Dallas Cowboys started this nonsense back in the 70's when they were the dominant team in the NFL and everyone else now just copies suit. It's pointless really, a lighter mans fast 40 second dash won't be as quick as a heavier mans 40 second dash when they are both wearing pads even if at the combine the lighter man may run it faster.

Matt77 Posted: 03:22 Aug09 2017 Post ID: 3435591
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Disaster has occurred in the city of Miami. Ryan Tannehill's knee with a torn ACL buckled and could mean surgery is an option. Meanwhile they signed the previously retired Jay Cutler who is injured as often as New England make the playoffs.

Surely playoffs are off the table in Miami now.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:51 Aug09 2017 Post ID: 3435592
Sanzano
+
That is not good news if you are a Miami fan, have to wonder how serious the injury is, lots of players never come back the same. Jay Cutler is obviously a very short term option, I thought the guy had retired lol. If I were Miami I'd be seriously looking at the talent coming through next years NFL draft as apparently its the best crop since 1983 draft.

Matt77 Posted: 06:05 Aug09 2017 Post ID: 3435593
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It seems inevitable that Miami will draft a QB now. Proper ACL surgery usually leaves players out for around 12 months.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:48 Aug09 2017 Post ID: 3435596
Sanzano
+
It may be a blessing in disguise, Miami could end up with the next Dan Marino if they aggresively go for a Quarterback in the 2018 draft with the high 1st round pick they are going to get because I can't see them doing much this year if Ryan Tannehill is going to be out of most if not all the season.

Matt77 Posted: 10:06 Aug09 2017 Post ID: 3435603
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think Miami has enough talent to at least get better than 6-10. It all depends whether Matt Moore wins the starting job over Cutler. I'm just hoping for another miracle like last year with Tannehill when it was very likely he had completely torn it, but didn't.

Who knows. Jay Cutler had a productive season in 2015 with Gase as the offensive coach. He must have faith if he's essentially handed him the starting job.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Aug11 2017 Post ID: 3435633
Sanzano
+
I think if I was a Miami fan I'd be hoping for a 3-13 record to get a high first round draft pick and one of those projected elite Quarterbacks that are going to be in the draft next year and build the team around him. I don't think Ryan Tannenhill is the future of the franchise to be honest, I don't think the Dolphins management think so either they currently have zero quarterbacks under contract for the 2018 season. Not a good start for Miami this year, the Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi diagnosed with concussion.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:50 Aug12 2017 Post ID: 3435671
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Miami wasn't going to do anything this year anyway, not with the second toughest schedule in the NFL. Tannehill wasn't going to change that, and nor will Cutler or Moore either. We would've been lucky to go 8-8 before the injury, but 6-10 looks more reasonable now with Ryan.

Since this season wasn't going to be good, I had a feeling we'd draft another QB. That looks more likely now than ever before.
Matt77 Posted: 21:59 Aug12 2017 Post ID: 3435672
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Now we've got to hope New York Jets get off the canvas as the worst team in the NFL, cause Miami will be 2-0 against them.

While it would be good to draft a talented QB, what if our pick turns into a dud? Then that's an awful season, another awful season with the new QB, and a third awful season as we try to cling onto the hope that he can perform. Then in year 4 we try our luck with a different QB, and the pattern may repeat. We have a lot of the pieces of the puzzle, but no actual puzzle to place them onto.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:34 Aug14 2017 Post ID: 3435697
Sanzano
+
There's always that possibility, Washington paid a high price for Robert Griffin III and that didn't end up like the Redskins fans had hoped. If the crop of Quarterbacks is being universally touted as the best since the 1983 season then they'll definately be a couple of future HOF, Pro Bowlers in it in the coming years. That 1983 draft was something else, quite a few teams ended up with what would be called a franchise player today. Eric Dickerson, Jim Kelly, John Elway, Dan Marino, Bruce Matthews, Darrell Green and Richard Dent to name a few. It's basically down to the Miami management to do their homework to make sure they get the right man. I personally think it is the way forward for Miami otherwise they are just going to be a middle of the road team scrapping into the playoffs every other year as a wild card. They need a Tom Brady type player the team can build around.

Matt77 Posted: 02:20 Aug14 2017 Post ID: 3435698
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If Miami do find one of these QBs then they have a complete team. There's also the chance that Miami draft a QB very late, but turns into a champion.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:00 Aug14 2017 Post ID: 3435699
Sanzano
+
If Miami did draft the next Dan Marino say, they then need to hope they can keep the core of their current team intact for the next three or four years while their young Quarterback develops and in this day and age of the NFL that won't be easy.

There's also the chance that the Miami management will feel like you say that the team is one Quarterback short of a championship and the time is now in which case they may trade that high draft choice next year for a proven Quarterback like an Eli Manning or Drew Brees kind of player, a quality player who knows how to win and is at the end of their career.

It's difficult to predict these days what NFL teams are thinking, without a shadow of a doubt the 80's was the golden era for the NFL, teams stayed together and had a character, todays teams are just filled with robot players who just want a paycheck.

Matt77 Posted: 10:04 Aug14 2017 Post ID: 3435700
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I would not want Eli Manning playing for Miami. He has a nasty habit of turning the ball over and the team has been relying on elite defense. Drew Brees I'd take in a heartbeat however. The problem would be after a veteran leaves, a club will be in a dire situation.

Week 1 against Tampa Bay will be a big test, however I'm predicting a big loss for the Phins.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Aug15 2017 Post ID: 3435708
Sanzano
+
I keep reading a rumour, Sports Illustrated being one of the sources that there is the possibility if San Francisco sort themselves out at the Quarterback position Kirk Cousins could end up in Miami if he plays out his franchise tag this year with the Redskins.

The Dolphins opened as slight favourites against the Buccaneers for their week 1 game but that was before Tannenhills injury. The Dolphins are at home which helps but it's a tough game for them whichever way you look at it. Looking at their schedule Miami really need to win it because starting with their game in London, England agains the Saints they have a few tough games on the trot including last years Super Bowl winner and runner up.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 15th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:49 Aug15 2017 Post ID: 3435709
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Before the injury I had Miami going 5-0 to start, but then limping on to go 4-7 in the remaining games and finishing 9-7. That meant a tiny chance at playoffs, and now with the injury, it seems over for this year. A 4-1 start MUST be achieved by Miami to be in contention this season.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:30 Aug15 2017 Post ID: 3435710
Sanzano
+
I agree, it's not looking good the Dolphins. The Quarterback is the last player on your team you want to see injured.

Matt77 Posted: 09:23 Aug15 2017 Post ID: 3435714
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If this outside rumor you say about Kirk Cousins is true it could very well mean regular playoff appearances for Miami. I believe he has skill we have yet to see, and would love for him to unleash it for Miami. That said it would put Washington in exactly the same situation as Miami, but with less talent around the team.

Speaking of what you said about quarterbacks being injured, it all goes back to why I think the concept of American Football is totally wrong. Firstly only the punters and kickers actually have their feet make contact with the ball. Secondly it is not a continuous game; soccer, rugby, AFL, handball, lacrosse etc are all continuous sports ie they don't stop every 20 seconds, and are played on a field like NFL. So why is NFL different? Thirdly, there are teams, but they don't feel like them. Half your team is on the bench during plays, the punters and kickers mayaswell play their own sport, and the o-line players just protect the QB. In reality it is only the quarterback, runningbacks, defenders, and wide receivers that actually play the game. If your quarterback gets injured (Oakland last season) your Superbowl chances die. If one of your o-line players gets injured, they just get replaced and little changes. Miami are a talented team that is destined for a poor season based on one injury. Oakland should've made last season's AFC Championship game with Derek Carr. In other sports if one of your star players gets injured it seriously hurts, but that team's chances are not instantly wiped, as others can cover the loss. Personally I wouldn't know how to feel if I was the punter and my team had just won the Superbowl thanks to a standout performance from the QB.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 56 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close