Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 57 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Aug16 2017 Post ID: 3435729
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I can't see Kirk Cousins ending up in Miami myself, I've resigned myself to the fact he'll probably be in San Francisco next year but you never know. Mind you if the Redskins come within a couple of games of the Super Bowl this year and they feel they are a year or two away from being champions the Washington management will probably give Cousins what he wants and the whole debacle will be over.

NFL games are won in the trenches by the big guys up front and solid defenses, if the Quarterback gets no protection he's basically a sitting duck who's going to be carried off on a stretcher after a few plays. Even punters and kickers play their part, there have been quite a few times over the years where a whole teams season has come down to the skinny guy who just kicks the ball half a dozen times in a game. It's undoubtably a team sport where all the cogs have to be working but unfortunately there's only one guy in each team who literally handles the ball more than anyone else and its a major problem when he goes down. Let's be honest, there's only three skill positions in the game, Quarterback, Wide Reciever, and Running Back. All the other positions like you say can be filled without too much difference in the level of gameplay.

What's the latest on Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys Running Back, I read somewhere he was in a car crash?

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 02:05 Aug16 2017 Post ID: 3435730
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Not sure about that. I read somewhere that he's been suspended for 6 games this season?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 04:07 Aug16 2017 Post ID: 3435731
Sanzano
+
That's a shame, hopefully the Cowboys will drop a few games during that time. I don't want the Redskins creeping into the Playoffs as a Wild Card as they end up having to face the toughest competition there on in to the Super Bowl and Dallas is everyone's favourite along with the NY Giants to win the NFC East.

Matt77 Posted: 04:32 Aug16 2017 Post ID: 3435732
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You don't want your team to make the playoffs? I'd rather have my team make the playoffs and lose to a good team straight away than have a 7-9 to 9-7 season.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 07:56 Aug16 2017 Post ID: 3435733
Sanzano
+
If the Redskins don't have a legitimate chance of making at least the NFC Championship game I'd rather them have a terrible 4-12 season than a 9-7 one where they scrape into the Playoffs as a Wild Card and get promptly eliminated. The reason being is I find it more exciting having a top 10 pick in the following year's draft where there is the possibility of drafting a future pro ball player who will make an impact on the team.

This year I'm excited about the first four picks: Jonathan Allen, Ryan Anderson, Fabian Moreau, and Samaje Perine. I have a feeling Perine is the sleeper of the bunch and will become the runner the Redskins are after. I'm in two minds this year though because of Cousins, if Cousins is not going to stay I'd rather Washington finish 2-14 and get one of those touted Quarterbacks in next years draft. What I don't want to see is Washington getting to the Wild Card, eliminated and lose Cousins. To me that is a bad year that sets the team back at least a year.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 16th 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 09:53 Aug16 2017 Post ID: 3435736
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lets hope, even though I feel sorry for them, that San Francisco finish 1-15 and all appeal Cousins has for SF disappears, while Washington have a half-decent season. Even if I was earning massive money, I'd still like to have the regular feeling of winning. I do think he will stay with Washington though, as long as they offer him a contract.

Jay Ajayi is out of concussion protocol for Miami, and if they have any chance of succeeding, he needs to be firing, and put in regular 100+ yard performances. Last season he was too inconsistent, but Ryan Tannehill had some good games to get us over the line. There wont be any virtuoso performances at QB for Miami this season.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:28 Aug17 2017 Post ID: 3435747
Sanzano
+
What rookies do you think will have a great year? I have a feeling Christian McCaffrey will become a big name in the NFL, unfortunately more for his skin colour than his ability. I honestly can't remember a white running back going so high in the draft.

Just did some research and the last time a white running back was taken in the first round of the NFL draft was 1974, when the Los Angeles Rams selected Penn State's John Cappelletti with the 11th overall pick.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 17th 2017 »

Warrior13 Posted: 17:30 Aug17 2017 Post ID: 3435766
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
McCaffrey is gonna get his head knocked in if he isn't careful. Dude is way small. This ain't college anymore, son, you gonna get knock around harder than ever before. If he's gonna last and be effective, he needs to take a look a Sproles, since he resembles him in more ways than one.

Best Rookie? That's a tough one. Your first instinct is to go with someone drafted high, but it's usually someone in the mid rounds that steals the show (like Dak last year). I guess I'd go with Fornette since Jacksonville really has no other really good RB on their roster. The #1 overall guy could be a stud, as well as the LB the 9ers got at the end of Round 1. It's really a crapshoot though.

What about best Rookie QB? Watson is obviously gonna start for better or for worst in Houston. Mahomes and Tribisky, I believe, will rest all year and study the game; no need to throw them into the fire unless a key injury occurs. I think Beathard from the 49ers might be a surprise Rookie QB. He had 2 TDs in his first preseason game, and since he only has to beat out Hoyer and Barkley, it wouldn't be hard to become the starter. Those two will screw up enough to give him the job,at least bythe end of this year and for this season. Still gonna go with Watson though for best Rookie QB.
Matt77 Posted: 18:51 Aug17 2017 Post ID: 3435769
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I totally agree with you apart from that SF QB. Never heard of him. I think if Hoyer captures the form he showed last season when he wasn't injured he will easily take the starting job. That said, it's unlikely he will recapture it and is more likely to throw 5 interceptions in a big game.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:17 Aug17 2017 Post ID: 3435775
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Beathard is just a rookie, so it's no surprise you haven't heard of him. Hoyer is the starter no doubt, but he could easily get injured or screw up enough for Barkley or Beathard to get a shot. Something to see, that's all I'm saying. Watson is still going to be the presumptive best Rookie QB at this point.
Crocubot Posted: 22:57 Aug17 2017 Post ID: 3435776
Crocubot
Post Likes: 0
+
i dont really care about football,or for that matter, sports in general. heck,i dont even have a cable box. But i am lonely so,i mean i guess i can weigh in. been a niners fan my whole life and not gonna stop. i live somewhere in the pacific north west and i hate the sea hawks, so kinda my only option.
i meant crocubot
im bad at english
please dont make fun of me
Sanzano Posted: 01:51 Aug18 2017 Post ID: 3435779
Sanzano
+
Crocobot, do you remember the glory years of the 49rs when they had Montana and Young or is that before your time? I'd love to have seen those teams play the Patriots of today, one things for sure the Patriots wouldn't be doing no miraculous thirty point comeback against the 49rs with either Montana or Young leading them.

I don't think McCaffrey is going to last long in the NFL once that small frame of his starts getting banged up and he slows down. I'm wondering if Fornette is going to be to Jacksonville what Earl Campbell was for the Houston Oilers when the Tyler Rose arrived there as the Heisman trophy winner in 1978.

Matt77 Posted: 21:36 Aug18 2017 Post ID: 3435801
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've been reading more about Cutler and I'm seeing more and more positive articles, even saying that Cutler is a better QB than Tannehill. He had his best season in 2015 with Gase as offensive coordinator, and has some serious weapons to choose from when making passes. He was 3/6 for 24 yards (excluding a 31-yard pass that was disallowed due to a holding penalty) with no TDs, but no intercepts either.

I'd really like to see more of Cutler to see whether this glimmer of hope may be true. Personally I think he'll flop but who knows. Just remember Tannehill had a career-best season under Gase, and with the run of Ajayi to alleviate pressure. Cutler will have all of those things too.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 18th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:33 Aug20 2017 Post ID: 3435831
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Beathard thrives again...

http://www.mercurynews.com/...s-ahead/

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Aug 20th 2017 »
Matt77 Posted: 19:08 Aug20 2017 Post ID: 3435836
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I agree, he looks good. Came on and immediately made a 17-yard pass. Someone else who also looked good was Jared Goff. He was 16/20 for 160yrds, 1TD, 0INT. I know it's preseason and the Oakland defense isn't too crash hot, but it's a better sign

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:19 Aug20 2017 Post ID: 3435842
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Goeff should make strides, now that he's got Gurley at RB and they traded for WR Watkins from Buffalo.
Matt77 Posted: 02:19 Aug21 2017 Post ID: 3435843
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Gurley was always there. He just had a poor season. Why on Earth did Buffalo let Watkins go?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:40 Aug21 2017 Post ID: 3435856
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I know Gurley has been there, but he should finally break through (hopefully). lol

Buffalo traded Watkins for two reasons:
1) Dude never played an entire season
2) They didn't know if they could retain him as a free agent

It was a lot like a basketball trade with an expiring contract; get what you can now because you don't think the player will be back next year.
Sanzano Posted: 01:28 Aug22 2017 Post ID: 3435865
Sanzano
+
I know it's only pre season but I'm wondering if the Cleveland Browns are close to turning the corner, they beat the NY Giants. Cleveland haven't had a sniff at the Super Since the days of Bernie Kozar in the early 90's. All those high draft picks over the years must be turning the team around, I think they are still weak at Quarterback though so they'll be looking out for one of those touted college players in next years draft to strengthen the position.

Matt77 Posted: 03:13 Aug22 2017 Post ID: 3435868
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Cleveland need to play Cody Kessler more often. I think he had some underrated performances last season but they just stopped playing him. Was 7/7 for 50 yards against NY. It looks like their defense is going to hopefully stop blowout results, but the results will still be losses if they don't get consistency at QB.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 57 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close