Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Star Wars theories

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
balthiersbit Posted: 15:44 Aug25 2016 Post ID: 3421602
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Ive just read that a fan theorises that Rey in the new Star Wars film will actually be the ultimate villian and join Kylo Ren on the Dark side of the force.

The fan's argument is that she has not seen the force in action before so how did she know how the light side even worked? DId Ren open something up when he connected, was the saber really calling to her and woke the light side in her or is she really without knowing it becoming the next Anakin Skywalker?

All I know is Ren and Ray is bad. Renrey? Reyren? KyloRey? hmmmmmm

« Last edited by balthiersbit on Aug 25th 2016 »

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 15:51 Aug25 2016 Post ID: 3421612
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I think Rey will turn out to be the niece of Obi Wan Kenobi, there's definately a connection there somewhere. Did you notice how similar they dressed?

balthiersbit Posted: 16:18 Aug25 2016 Post ID: 3421643
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
I'm more swayed to that general direction too. I do think there is a relation some how between the 2. Who her parents are or were I wouldnt know where to start.
Kylo Ren comes off as such a great bad guy yet so vunerable, maybe that's why this person came to this conclusion also. He doesn't come off as your regular bad guy once he meets Rey, she seems more powerful than him even in the 1st film, where they will go with it who knows. Shame they're doing this spin off first.

testuser Posted: 17:14 Aug25 2016 Post ID: 3421653
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
No, clearly she will train as a Jedi just as Yoda trained luke.

balthiersbit said:.. oh poop I lost my balls ..

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Aug26 2016 Post ID: 3421676
Sanzano
+
I'm quite looking forward to seeing 'Rogue One' the new Star Wars movie. Apparently its a stand alone movie explaining how princess Leia got the plans for the Death Star in Star Wars IV: A New Hope. I don't think I'm the only one looking forward to this movie, the trailer has 41 million views. The shadow stormtroopers look great and I'm looking forward to seeing Darth Vader again, I didn't think much of Kylo Renn as a villain.

balthiersbit Posted: 15:06 Aug26 2016 Post ID: 3421704
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
So is this trying to repair some of the damage that was done with the last trilogy? I was wondering why they were talking about who would play the young Lando.

« Last edited by balthiersbit on Aug 26th 2016 »

Sanzano Posted: 07:27 Aug28 2016 Post ID: 3421769
Sanzano
+
I don't know if you have noticed but the last trilogy of dreadful Star Wars movies rarely gets mentioned now. It's as if Disney are trying to forget they exist as any reference from previous Star Wars films is always from 'A New Hope', 'Empire Strikes Back', and 'Return of the Jedi'.

CrypticWizard Posted: 17:48 Aug30 2016 Post ID: 3421884
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
I'm looking forward to Rogue One.

And forgive me for saying this, but I don't think the prequel movies were that bad. Sure, they weren't as good as the originals, and then of course there was Jar Jar, but honestly, they were okay. They told the story of Anakin and his fall to the dark side, which is what they were supposed to do. Yes, there were some things they could have done better, and they did go on about politics a little too much, but I'm trying to be fair with them. They felt like Star Wars to me.

I REALLY hope they don't make Rey the daughter of Luke like some people have been saying. That would be way too cliche (but then again, that's never stopped Disney before).

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Aug 30th 2016 »
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Sanzano Posted: 01:32 Aug31 2016 Post ID: 3421900
Sanzano
+
The third one in the prequels (Revenge of the Sith) wasn't bad, it's just that all three of those movies relied on cgi too much instead of character development, something thankfully J.J. Abrams has corrected with 'The Force Awakens'.

Matt77 Posted: 05:25 Aug31 2016 Post ID: 3421915
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Oh my god CW in General Chat again. My mind is blown.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 07:56 Aug31 2016 Post ID: 3421921
Sanzano
+
CrypticWizard, if they made Rey the daughter of Luke the whole story would lose credibility, she has to be related somewhere along the line to another character which is why I'm thinking Ben Kenobi as she is obviously strong in the force and they come from the same planet. When Rey was held captive she used the same Jedi mind trick Ben Kenobi used on Mos Eisley to get past the stormtroopers, made me wonder who taught her that.

CrypticWizard Posted: 20:03 Aug31 2016 Post ID: 3421989
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
She doesn't have to be related to someone to be Force-sensitive. It has to start somewhere. But I agree that she probably is. Luke's only sibling is Leia and Rey is not her daughter so she could not be Luke's niece. Obi-Wan's death occurred more than a decade before Rey was born she certainly isn't his daugther. Niece might be likely since we know little of Obi-Wan's past and any siblings he might have had.
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Sep01 2016 Post ID: 3422043
Sanzano
+
I agree with you, she's probably going to be Obi-Wans niece, I can't see where else they can fit her in without coming out with a completely new back story which I don't think they will do. One thing's for sure, with a bit of training in the force poor old Kylo Renn will not stand a chance against her as he struggled in Force Awakens against her with no training, the Star Wars franchise is going to need a more powerful bad guy for her to fight...

balthiersbit Posted: 14:47 Sep01 2016 Post ID: 3422075
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
Han and Leia didnt have twins and just forget about it did they? XD

Yeah Ben seems a good bet and yeah Kylo was awesome at the beginning, killing everyone and stopping bullets but he turned out to be rather weak towards the end.

Sanzano Posted: 15:39 Sep01 2016 Post ID: 3422082
Sanzano
+
I'm looking forward to the return of Darth Vader in Rogue One, he had an aura of menace about him. I think a lot of that came from James Earl Jones voice and Dave Prowse's imposing bulk and the majestic way he used it. The way all the commanders (except Grand Moff Tarkin) cowered in his presence just added to the mystique. Kylo Renn is pretty pathetic by comparison.

balthiersbit Posted: 14:56 Sep02 2016 Post ID: 3422205
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
I think removing the mask didn't help that much, it killed the mystery for one and the fact he had such a sweet little baby face didn't help much either. (huge ears but we won't get in to that lol)

Has James Earl Jones reprised his role?

Sanzano Posted: 17:03 Sep02 2016 Post ID: 3422206
Sanzano
+
I 'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he is reprising his role as the voice of Darth Vader. Kylo Renn taking off his mask and looking like a high school nerd killed the character for me, in fact I was laughing in the cinema whenever he threw his little temper tantrums.

balthiersbit Posted: 10:49 Sep04 2016 Post ID: 3422286
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
Not suprising! The temper tantrums just made him look more like a kid that couldnt get his own way!

testuser Posted: 11:29 Sep04 2016 Post ID: 3422287
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
In this film Kylo was apparently still wavering in his dark side journey, uncertain. He seemed to make up his mind by the end though. Possibly a fight in the second movie will end up with him scarred in some way to up the sinister look or require a full time mask and then vader mk II will be in.
Remember also it was the emperor in the original trilogy that was revealed as the real evil one at the end. Vader was 'saved'. Kylo Ren may end up echoing this storyline. We need to see what powers the Snoke character has and how much impact he will have eventually.
balthiersbit said:.. oh poop I lost my balls ..

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

balthiersbit Posted: 16:59 Sep04 2016 Post ID: 3422306
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
Okay if they are planning on following the same path I can see that happen. I only hope that the original rumours are not true that the emperor is NOT JarJar Binks gone evil.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close