Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Best Ever Joker

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Sanzano Posted: 06:58 Aug29 2016 Post ID: 3421801
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Who gets your vote as the best ever Joker, it can be film, TV, or cartoon series.
I personally really liked Heath Ledgers performance in the 'Dark Knight' but for me the best Joker was Cesar Romero's Joker, he captured the comics of the 60' and 70's perfectly.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CrypticWizard Posted: 17:35 Aug30 2016 Post ID: 3421883
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
If we're talking live action only, then I would go with Jack Nicholson. But if we can throw in voice actors here, too, then I'm going to go with Mark Hamill. To be honest, I didn't like the way Heath Ledger's Joker looked. I think he portrayed the character fairly well, but he just didn't look like Joker to me.
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
danielroxheaps Posted: 18:33 Aug30 2016 Post ID: 3421885
danielroxheaps
Post Likes: 250
+
OMG he's in GC for the first time in 2 years!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/i...roxheaps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/use...roxheaps
To find me on any other website just look for the user "danielroxheaps"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Aeon-Flux Posted: 21:02 Aug30 2016 Post ID: 3421892
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
Oh wow...

Dennis - I liked Heath Ledger's as well.

« Last edited by Aeon-Flux on Aug 30th 2016 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:24 Aug31 2016 Post ID: 3421899
Sanzano
+
It's a shame Heath Ledger died, I'm sure there would have been plans to reprise his role in future Batman movies. Has anyone seen Jared Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad, I'd be interested in your opinion?

testuser Posted: 05:08 Aug31 2016 Post ID: 3421910
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
So hard to compare. The jokers have all been of their time and played to the type of movie / tv show they were in. Heath Ledger played his part brilliantly but his joker was not created anything like many that came before. The look and feel of the batman universe has changed so much and Joker changed with it.
Ive not seen suicide squad but the impression I get of This latest joker is not great. Maybe it fits with the one of the movie though.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Sanzano Posted: 08:17 Aug31 2016 Post ID: 3421926
Sanzano
+
Your feelings from what you have seen and heard are the same as mine. Rotten Tomatoes only gave Suicide Squad 26% so I'm not expecting much when I do see it. Margot Robbies portrayal of Harley Quinn looks like it stole the show.

Sanzano Posted: 01:14 Sep27 2016 Post ID: 3423553
Sanzano
+
Hastler, ou're the only person I know who actually liked Leto's rendition of the Joker, what was it about it you liked? I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet so I can't comment.

Warrior13 Posted: 22:27 Sep27 2016 Post ID: 3423567
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I'd have to say Ledger is my favorite, but I get why so many didn't really care for his rendition of the character. In the beginning, Joker was this crazy and maniacal jokester who caused trouble just to get a good laugh, but as time and the early fans grew old, the makers started to turn Joker more darker, more Batman-esque, just in the evil way. I personally like that Joker more - beginning with the dreadlock look in the 90s anime - and you have to admit Ledger hit the nail on the head, even if you're a fan of the older joker. His character has evolved over time.

With that being said, I don't really care for any other Joker. IMO I don't count the voice actors, since you really don't have to get too "in character" for such. They have a talent, but that doesn't mean Kenny is anything relatively close to the Bob of Sponge or any other character his voice fits. West's Joker was eww, Jack was even worse (WAY better in The Shining), and the new Joker is the worst of the all. Seriously, just look at that new guy with the makeup. Main reason I never watched Gotham or Suicide Squad.

As for Quinn, the way the made her look also made me skip out on SS. I just love Quinn when she looks like the Jokette, or how I like to called it, Jester-like and all.
Sanzano Posted: 01:53 Sep28 2016 Post ID: 3423571
Sanzano
+
I have to agree with everything you say except Harley Quinn, I thought they hit the nail on the head with Margot Robbie, it's a shame Heath Ledger passed away as those two together would have been like Gothams answer to Bonnie and Clyde. Do you know it the next Joker to hit the screen will be Leto reprising the role or will they go for another totally different look?

KingofCorn Posted: 18:22 Sep29 2016 Post ID: 3423620
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Jack Nicholson was the best classic joker. Heath Ledgerwas the best new joker. Margot Robbie is the best Harley Quinn and I've only seen the trailers.
Sanzano Posted: 01:42 Sep30 2016 Post ID: 3423627
Sanzano
+
I didn't think much of Jack Nicholsons Joker, it wasn't his acting it was the silly plastic grin he had for the entire movie. That movie definately had the best Batmobile though.

CrypticWizard Posted: 17:29 Oct02 2016 Post ID: 3423721
CrypticWizard
+
I still say Mark Hamill was the best, even if it was only a voice role. He really brought the Joker to life.

I'm just going to throw this out here since no one else brought it up: what about Kevin Michael Richardson voicing the Joker in "The Batman?" I really like him as a voice actor but I don't think the Joker was the right role for him. He would have made a better Two-Face or perhaps Croc.
Sanzano Posted: 01:34 Oct03 2016 Post ID: 3423725
Sanzano
+
I can't get my head around Mark Hamill as the Joker, to me he will always be Luke Skywalker.

I can't comment on Kevin Michael Richardson as the voice actor for the Joker as I have never heard any of his work.

CrypticWizard Posted: 14:20 Oct03 2016 Post ID: 3423739
CrypticWizard
+
Kevin M, Richardson has done a lot of voices in various animations and video games. He was the voice of Sarevok in the Baldur's Gate series, he was Captain Gantu in Lilo & Stitch. He also voiced Heihachi Mishima in the PS2 version of Soul Calibur II, though he is credited as Victor Stone (a reference to Cyborg from The Teen Titans, perhaps?).
Sanzano Posted: 02:24 Oct04 2016 Post ID: 3423753
Sanzano
+
He was probably a Teen Titans fan when he was a kid and identified with the character just like the actor Nicolas Cage was a Luke Cage fan and changed his name from Coppola to Cage.

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:04 Oct04 2016 Post ID: 3423759
CrypticWizard
+
Mark Hamill will always be remembered as Luke Skywalker, but he is actually a professional voice actor. He's done numerous other roles besides the Joker.
Sanzano Posted: 03:44 Oct05 2016 Post ID: 3423776
Sanzano
+
That's right, he's done a tone of work including Spongebob Squarepants and Sinbad. I take it you're a Mark Hamill fan?

CrypticWizard Posted: 10:51 Oct05 2016 Post ID: 3423787
CrypticWizard
+
I don't know if I'm really a fan. I just happen to have seen many things for which he's done voice work. He was also the Hobgoblin in the 1995-97 Spider-Man animated series.
Sanzano Posted: 12:35 Oct05 2016 Post ID: 3423789
Sanzano
+
sounds like he's got a good bad guy's voice as he also voiced the evil baron Zemo in the Captain America animated series.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close