Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Best TV Sci-Fi Series Ever

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
testuser Posted: 03:25 Sep08 2016 Post ID: 3422596
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
Blasphemy...
Blake's 7 was late 70's and Red Dwarf was a decade later. I didn't actually watch Blakes's 7 so I can't comment but don't mess with the boys from the Dwarf.

How about another classic (old) sci-fi comedy with even more wobbly bbc sets and dodgy special effects. The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy (the best source for advice on those who wanted to see the universe "on less than 30 Altairian dollars a day.") the original TV series, based on the book, based on the radio play.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 08:44 Sep08 2016 Post ID: 3422599
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I remember HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, I couldn't get into it, I must of been put off by those dodgey budget special effects the BBC used at the time. Do you remember 'Sapphire and Steel' on ITV in the late 70's and early 80's? I can't remember what it was about but I do remember it was garbage, at one point it was hugely popular with it's own comic strips and annuals.

testuser Posted: 10:01 Sep08 2016 Post ID: 3422602
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
HitchHikers was awesome. If you watched Sci-fi in our generation then you can't have minded wobbly sets and bad special effects. They all had them. Even the original star treks. Although Star Trek had a lot more of the scantily dressed female alien types.

Never heard of Sapphire and Steel. But the actors are familiar of course. Was it Sci fi?

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

balthiersbit Posted: 14:30 Sep08 2016 Post ID: 3422611
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Red Dwarf was my favourite comedy for a long time. I won a signed copy of Craig Charles's book lol. I got the magazines and everything.

Introducing the Smegs and the Heads
Ommmmmmmmmm, ommmmmmmmmmm

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Sanzano Posted: 15:29 Sep08 2016 Post ID: 3422619
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
testuser said:Never heard of Sapphire and Steel. But the actors are familiar of course. Was it Sci fi?

Are you kidding me, you've never heard of 'Sapphire and Steel'? That program had a huge following, it was kind of like Dr Who, it was a sci-fi show about two operatives with special powers who were tasked with protecting the universe from forces of evil trying to disrupt the timeline. Episodes included saving people trapped in photographs and ghosts lost in time. Joanna Lumley from 'The Avengers' and David McCallum from 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' were two of the most well known and popular British actors when it was first aired in 1979.

Just wondering, did you read 2000AD when you were a kid?

Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close