Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Trump & Muslims

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Matt77 Posted: 20:55 Jan30 2017 Post ID: 3428714
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Now that Trump has banned Muslims from 7 middle-eastern countries from entering the United States, do you think he will include Muslims from western countries like the UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany etc in the future?

Seeing as Trump has done all he has in this short amount of time, I see it happening. After all, the Republicans have the Congress so what Trump says goes.

I hate what is happening and what might happen in the future surrounding Muslim bans. Their religion is actually a peaceful one which was altered by some nutcases which I imagine would make up less than 1% of all Muslims. What Trump is doing is sending a message to the Islamic State that America is afraid. What an American thing to do Donald...

It's sad to see what is happening. Black people's lives became better over time. Women's lives became better over time. Gay people's lives are becoming better over time. Muslims' lives are becoming worse over time. I thought as time went on the world is supposed to become better.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 30th 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 03:04 Jan31 2017 Post ID: 3428715
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
What is happening in America is sad, it is like the anti-Jewish legislation in prewar Germany when the Nazi leaders began to make good on their pledge to persecute German Jews soon after their assumption of power. I can understand why America has to be more careful about who they let in the country but putting a total block on those countries is not the way to go about it. More stringent checks would of been adequate. Why was Saudi Arabia not on that banned list when it has come to light the 9/11 terrorists came from that country? Wouldn't have anything to do with oil and money by any chance, it's the same old story.

balthiersbit Posted: 16:00 Feb01 2017 Post ID: 3428736
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Some things did get better over time but they've gotten worse recently. Black lives don't seem to matter, transgender youths committing suicide and women being denied control over their own bodies.

People (usually old rich white men) seem to think that they can create order and peace by denying and controlling. Well it's going to be the end of us!

This needs to stop, you can't have a few rotten eggs and throw out the whole lot. Life isn't that black and white. Never has been never will!

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Matt77 Posted: 17:58 Feb01 2017 Post ID: 3428743
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Just remember Nikki, every day those old rich white men are slowly leaving this world and being replaced by young children who will be open to newer generation ideas. People these days compared to 30+ years ago are so much more accepting and progressive and now their children will hopefully grow up with the same views (the accepting one mostly). Every day is a small victory.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:44 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428745
Sanzano
+
I agree with you Matt77, the problem with your theory though is kids are brought up in different cultures and some are still brain washed from a very early age with the same predjudice that has been passed down the generations. It's a real shame, the world would be so much better if everyone just put their differences to one side and just got along.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 2nd 2017 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:26 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428749
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yeah but in this day and age it's easy to see what is right and wrong. Despite anyone's beliefs, the discrimination of any group or groups of people who have done nothing wrong (obviously some groups of people like serial killers deserve it) is a terrible thing to do. One of my friends has parents who lean towards the old ways from what I've heard from him but he has chosen to disregard what they believe and is nothing like his parents supposedly are. My mum also changed her views on things early to contradict my grandma. She was and still is extremely religious and conservative and made my mum and uncle go to Sunday school and read the bible yet they both aren't religious and my mum is totally progressive, not religious in the slightest, didn't force me and my brother into anything, and has a totally different attitude to things than my grandma. There will be kids who are taught the wrong things (or at least the things I think are wrong) and they will either catch on beautifully or stay away from those views completely and rebel. As time goes on it will become less common for kids to agree with and follow their parents/relatives in their awful behavior.

You are right though, there are so many that take the easy path. Racism and sexism really aren't issues at my school but there are a few mild to extreme homophobes in my year. I haven't seen them react to anyone but the classic is that there was a guy who made a comment that he hated Obama for introducing marriage equality in America. Then the teacher replied that it was actually the Congress and the guy instantly changed his opinion, saying he now hated the Congress. That kind of behavior (the instant switching of opinions) is just mindblowing. He wasn't even aware of the facts; anyone could've told him that Beyonce was an activist for LGBT and that Laga Gaga was an extreme homophobe despite what their views actually are and he would've became a Lady Gaga fan and Beyonce hater in an instant. He isn't even a homophobe to the facts. He's a homophobe to what he has been told. THIS is the behavior that needs to end. He was likely told from an early age everything he believes now.

Our parents tell us at a young age that Santa is real. We believe them, as they are two of our most cherished love ones who offer us support. But then as time goes on they may tell us that Santa isn't real. But there are those who either find out themselves that Santa isn't real, and in very rare circumstances, those who are not told and continue to live believing in a lie. If your parents were also told by your grandparents that Santa is real and never learned otherwise, they would believe it. A child to these parents would too be convinced. I know it's harmless to believe in Santa and no-one gets physically or verbally hurt. But you must get my point. There are plenty of racists, sexists, and homophobes who don't even know the facts; they just catch on.

About Muslims, there will be scared naive Americans who catch on to Trump's partial ban on Muslims. There will also be naive people all around the world who think all Muslims are dangerous terrorists just because John down the road said so. And then that guy tells his friend Rob the same thing. And then John and Rob tell more people, and in rare cases, more people catch on and become racists without knowing the facts. Through Primary School I had a Muslim friend and a few times went over to his house. He and his family were great people. They were all Muslims, yet they seemed exactly like any other family. And what about nutter white families? When do we hear about them on the news? You'd hear about one Muslim attack before you hear one of ten white attacks.

If anyone is an actual racist, sexist, or homophobe, but know the facts and made the choice themselves, I can slightly respect that even though I'm all for equality. It's these headless chickens that **** me off.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 2nd 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Mykee Posted: 05:49 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428751
Mykee
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 1
+
It's good to see I'm not the only one concerned about this sort of thing, Trump is just a symptom of a larger problem though, which is the resurgence of the right. People in the lower "classes" have suffered over the past decade and the problem is that the right wing media have done such a good job of convincing the poorest that the real problem is Johnny Foreigner who came over and stole their jobs, despite the fact most foreign workers who make it into UK and US are highly skilled.

These same people go on and on about the "liberal media" demonising the right, the media is largely owned, at least in the UK it is, by conservatives and those further to the right. So what you have is this false persecution complex where people are told that others in society will call them prejudiced if they voice their fears and that leads to anger, increasing ignorance on all sides and an "Us vs Them" mentality becomes entrenched. Then people stop debating, stop raising valid (although often misdirected or misinformed) fears and they stop engaging. Exactly how right wing nut jobs like it. A poisoned audience who will lap up what they have to say because it partially acknowledges their own fears.
KingofCorn Posted: 17:15 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428764
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Hey Matt 1% of Muslims is 13 million. That's a lot of radical Muslims. But it isn't even 1%. It's much more. I fully support what President Trump did. You can't fix a leaky hose without turning it off for a while.
Matt77 Posted: 18:22 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428768
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Jake said:Hey Matt 1% of Muslims is 13 million. That's a lot of radical Muslims. But it isn't even 1%. It's much more.

Well I just googled and apparently there are an estimated 106,000 extremist Muslims. That is 0.006625% of all Muslims worldwide. In every 151 Muslims there is 1 extremist. So while yes that is a good chance of letting an extremist into your country, what about the remaining 150 genuine ones?

And like I said before, this sends a message to the Islamic State that America is afraid, and gives ISIS a small victory.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 2nd 2017 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:58 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428773
Sanzano
+
I think the bigger problem at the moment is what is developing in the China Sea and the territorial dispute. If the US block China from reaching the artificial islands they've created like Trump has said he is going to do by using the US fleet as a blockade it will set the stage for a potential showdown neither country will back down from.

Matt77 Posted: 06:19 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428780
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
What? How can America stop China from reaching their own islands and property?

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 12:32 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428791
Sanzano
+
It's not on China's territory, the Chinese have taken a liberty and claimed that area because there's oil there and decided to secretly build a manmade island with an airfield and military defences to protect it. This has angered several neighboring nations who have more right to the area and its resources than China. This dispute has been going on for a while now, Obama basically got pushed around by the Chinese who just ignored him and carried on building their fortress there regardless. Trump has decided that he is going to show the Chinese and the world how powerful he is and put a stop to it straight away by sending three aircraft carriers to form a blockade to prevent the Chinese from making any more progress. This has put Australia in the middle of a difficult situation which they can't win, do they side with their ally who will no doubt call upon them if war starts because they are so near or do they back the Chinese who are their biggest trade partner? If war breaks out the Chinese will get badly beaten, there's no question about that. The problem is the repercussions afterwards which will affect everyone the world over for the worse. If this scenario did happen the only country that would benefit from it would be Russia, this is because Russia would suddenly have millions of Chinese migrants arriving to escape the devastation the war had caused and it would create a young workforce for the aging nation.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 3rd 2017 »

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close