Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Considering PS4

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 19:18 Feb01 2017 Post ID: 3428744
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
AKA one of the few topics on the first page of General Chat that isn't about politics, Star Wars, or some bleak news.

The past year I've been religiously playing Halo 5. It's becoming less and less fun, since 99% of the Warzone matches will put you up against a well organized team, or someone pulling their MLG crap in a social setting. Basically, not wurf.

I haven't owned a Playstation since the first one back in the mid-90s. I'm really only considering it because Resident Evil 7 seems to only have VR support on the PS4.

Since I already own an Xbox One, is it worth getting another console? Any games you guys could recommend that are PS4-exclusive?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
testuser Posted: 03:31 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428750
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
I'm in the same boat as you.. if I had more time to play I would definitely get a PS4.

I can't recommend any of the exclusive games as I haven't played them. But the upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn sounds like it will be good.

I'm not sure I could manage RE7 in VR. I don't think my kids would appreciate being woken up by my screaming.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:14 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428752
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Don't think I can convince you to go Nintendo? ;) lol
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 13:21 Feb02 2017 Post ID: 3428755
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Luckily I don't have kids, and I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I can scream all I want while playing it. I've heard RE7 has returned to the horror genre. I've played all the previous Resident Evil games, and considering how tame they were, I can't see RE7 being too bad. I'm sure it's nowhere near as scary as Dead Space 2 was.

I've partially gone with Nintendo over the years. Back when Super Mystery Dungeon came out I picked up a 3DS, and it's just been gathering dust on my shelf since I finished that game. Nintendo games just don't really interest me.
testuser Posted: 02:11 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428775
testuser
+
Heh.. I had to give Dead Space a quick go again last night. Still a great game.

Nintendo .. yeah. I always want to buy their devices, they make them different and interesting. But not enough 'must have' games to make it worthwhile.

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 05:48 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428779
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Fellow Dead Space fan? You're my new friend.

I don't know a lot about how PS4 handles backwards compatibility, but there are a few PS3 exclusives I've wanted to play in the past, like The Last Of Us.

I also REALLY want to play Bloodborne since I'm a huge Dark Souls fan.
Warrior13 Posted: 08:09 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428785
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Pollo: Have you played any other Nintendo Game? Or Pok�mon game for the matter? lol

Mark: Everyone is talking about the Switch, and everywhere I go here have reach their max reservations for them. Don't know how well it will end up being, but I might as well wait now to see the reviews since everywhere is already pre-order sold out.
testuser Posted: 10:20 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428790
testuser
+
I really liked dead space.. And dead space 2 was good.. DS3 though I struggled with. I don't think I finished the game.

I do need to try Bloodbourne at some point.

Warrior. If I went for a Switch what games would make good bundle or initial purchases. I'd be tempted by mario kart for old times sake, but it probably wouldn't get lots of game time. Any other games for an oldie like me?

« Last edited by testuser on Feb 3rd 2017 »

balthiersbit Posted: 15:53 Feb03 2017 Post ID: 3428794
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Hey Chicken, is FFXV exclusive? Dunno. Got to buy a PS4, what with that Tales of Berseria, Star Ocean and Persona 5. Ni Nu Kuni 2 will come out this year probably and I loved the 1st.

I had a XBox 360 as Sony wasnt doing it for me with the PS3 now I have a PS3 as tons of games came out before they released 4. Now I think they have won this round. Out of gaming between the 2 PS4 has won. Nintendo cant play as Wii U sucked.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

K Dawg Posted: 12:17 Feb05 2017 Post ID: 3428863
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
I've owned Ps4 pretty much since release, and I picked up a Xbox 1 a few months ago. Within 2 weeks of owning the Xbox 1, I sold it on craigslist.

The Ps4 is a better system imo.

Pros for Ps4 over Xbox (To me anyways, not statistical facts)
-Ps4 has a much better interface. Yes Xbox 360 Dominated Ps3 in this, but Xbox 1's is different, and not in a good way.

-The controller, Xbox 1.... still using double A batteries. Yeah you can buy a battery pack etc, but come on were in 2017.

-More exclusives are leaning towards Sony. (even map packs/Activision are released on Ps4 first, (Contract) where this used to be the opposite on the 360 vs ps3.

-Games seem to run smoother. This could be biased, but when I played Cod4 remastered no frames were being
dropped on the Ps4... can't say the same about Xbox 1.

-More compatibility. My 2013 Astros worked flawlessly on Ps4, where Xbox 1 needed some crazy rig requiring me to buy more components.

-Sony online has significantly improved since ps3, although a monthly subscription is required now.

-Kingdom hearts 3? Profit?

-Ps4 now just got a boost in firmware, allowing some older games to run smoother. (GPU/Overclock boost mentioned in aricle)

Overall its all preference, and very small niche differences. If you want certain exclusives and want to try out the Ps4, you will hardly notice any differences.... and the small differences are slight improvements over the Xbox 1 (Again my opinion)

« Last edited by K Dawg on Feb 5th 2017 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
testuser Posted: 12:59 Feb06 2017 Post ID: 3428911
testuser
+
Good to hear the positives about ps4 interface and online service. I think you tend to prefer what you are used to. but I have had a X1 for a while and Im still not used to the interface. It could definitely be better.

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 00:54 Feb08 2017 Post ID: 3428968
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Yeah, I've played quite a few Nintendo games. Out of the games I've played I'd say I liked Windwaker the most.

FFXV isn't exclusive to PS4. I bought it for Xbox the day it came out and played it religiously. I think I completed almost everything you could do in the game before putting it down. I haven't picked it up since because I was a little disappointed in the story. It was great up until about chapter 7 when it started rushing you through the story. It kinda made me feel like there was no point to the extra stuff on the side.

Aside from the controller those all seem like good reasons to buy one. I'll probably end up getting one in the next few months.

As for the controller bit... eh. I always keep my Xbox One Elite controller hooked up to something via USB anyway. I quickly learned through Halo 5's multiplayer that Bluetooth connections have a slight but noticeable delay. It was ruining my K/D.
danielroxheaps Posted: 19:55 Feb09 2017 Post ID: 3429059
danielroxheaps
Post Likes: 250
+
Nobody said inFAMOUS have they?

Best game I've played.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/i...roxheaps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/use...roxheaps
To find me on any other website just look for the user "danielroxheaps"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close