Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield Announced

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Warrior13 Posted: 08:14 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447441
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
In today's Nintendo Direct, the 8th Generation Pokemon Games were announced! Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield will release later this year for the Nintendo Switch, with the games taking place in the newest Galar Region! They even revealed the three Starter Pokemon in the Release Trailer!

Here are some of the screenshots from the trailer:

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 08:23 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447443
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
A shame it's on Switch. If they did another one on 3DS (I know it was never going to happen. Just me hoping) I'd possibly get it after how great Moon was.

The starters are rather underwhelming though. I'd go with Scorbunny since I really don't like the look of the others. Oddly enough, that would make it 3/3 times I've chosen the fire type...

I know you'll enjoy it though, Lonely Master ;)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 27th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 08:31 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447447
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I felt the same way when they first revealed that the Switch was device moving forward with Pokemon Games. It's okay, I guess, especially since you can play with the console off the dock, almost like a handheld device.

I agree, Scorbunny looks the best so far. The monkey second, the gross lizard third. Of course, I don't decide on a Starter until their Final Forms are revealed, which usually happens before the games are released anyway. Unfortunately, since the water lizard is clearly going to be the least favorite in the lead up, I'm sure it will have the best final evolution. lol

Even though I think the whole Sword/Shield names are a little cheesy, I love it for the main fact of the Gemstone Order Team on this site. ;)

You must get either Sword or Shield, Chosen One. O.O
Matt77 Posted: 08:48 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447460
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I could get either, but unfortunately the game would merely sit there while I hold my invisible, weightless controller sitting in front of a blank screen TV :P

And I agree with the water one looking the ugliest. But you're probably right about the final evo. I was so disappointed with Incineroar.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Team SuperCheats Posted: 08:49 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447461
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
I think this is great progress for the series, the switch is awesome, and you can choose to play it in big screen version or as a handheld - It's an awesome console and I think the Pokemon games will play fantastically well on this device. Thumbs up from me Smile
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Warrior13 Posted: 08:53 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447463
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: You have nine months to buy a switch. I know you have loads of dough stashed away. ;) <3

Rich: Lets Go was a nice play, great graphics. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 09:08 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447466
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh, for sure. 10k+ of dough to be exact.

It's not the money. I'm just done with Nintendo. Maybe one day I'll get over it, but I hated the way they released the Switch with re-releases of 3 games I owned. That was just a kick in the gut to me. For years I supported them when no joke zero of my friends played Nintendo, and then they decide that they would re-release those games and force me to start from scratch if I wanted to play with friends who were considering getting a Switch. Like, I payed for all SSBWiiU and MK8 DLC, and then they just add it in automatically to those re-released games.

Also, cutting compatibility of the Wii Remote hurt. That was the way I played several games (most importantly SSB). If I get the Switch, I have to start from scratch learning controls. I will lose all of my skill in SSB too.

In general I was also fed up with them. Their constant stupid decisions like no VS mode in MK7, no adventure mode in SBWiiU, going back to 2004 graphics for no reason for several games, and worst of all cutting WiFi on DS/Wii. Next on the hitlist will surely be WiiU and 3DS, including Super Mario Maker which is 95% online.

Off topic - Congrats on 1,000 post likes Cool

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 27th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

FreezShock Posted: 15:21 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447486
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
Dang, I wrote this 1K word rant of a thread post but I think I lost it.

Basically, I was noticing the soccer jersey-esque Trainer had "227" as his number (today's date). Also, the hill with runes in the background was depicting Meltan and Melmetal.

Finally, when the separate trailer for the starters began to play, I noticed the first object that was focused on seemed like a train. There were gears around, and I basically was wondering if there's any way the new region (Britain) could be connected to Kalos (France) via the mysterious train route that disappears from the easternmost town in Kalos.

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:35 Feb27 2019 Post ID: 3447489
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
From what Serebii says, Galar is an industrial region with trains that connects the towns. Wouldn't mind if they connect it to Kalos, but if they do, it will probably be like that one from the Unova Region that lead to a very small area where you catch Shiny Haxorus in. lol

What starter are you leaning towards, Freez?
FreezShock Posted: 16:02 Feb28 2019 Post ID: 3447506
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Definitely Scorbunny. Huge fan of Lopunny, mostly because Lady Platinum (Dawn) from the Pokemon manga uses her a lot. That said, hoping for another bunny to come big after Diggersby... well, didn't quite live up to expectations. Haha.

Dangit Warrior, let a man dream. Some of us need our 140 base power Fairy moves. XD

Warrior13 Posted: 21:27 Feb28 2019 Post ID: 3447511
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, Scorbunny has to be the overall favorite right now. I just hope they give it a good final evolutions. Pray

Oh. My. Gawd. I didn't even think of that. I need that. I need that so badly now. If it doesn't happen now, I will blame you for putting the idea in my head. ;_;
Skyward Posted: 08:53 Mar01 2019 Post ID: 3447520
Skyward
Post Likes: 5
+
I kinda like Sobble. Kinda reminds me of a tadpole. ~

Buuuut, probably going to pick Grookey when the games released. He looks like he has potential to be great lol.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:04 Mar02 2019 Post ID: 3447529
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Grookey is my second choice right now. ;)
FreezShock Posted: 19:43 Mar03 2019 Post ID: 3447540
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
I was talking with a friend at work who is into Pokemon and Fire Emblem like myself (nerds, unite! XD) and he shed some light on the starters via their Japanese names.

Sobble is "Crying Chameleon" in JP, which probably would be a lot better because japanese words would make it sound better lol

Grookey's JP name is "Rythm Monkey". This is telling me I may switch to him when we get our final evolutions.

Finally, Scorbunny has something to do with soccer. Great. The worst sport XD (not super sportsy, but prefer NCAA basketball, NHL, or NFL if anything)

Warrior13 Posted: 20:16 Mar03 2019 Post ID: 3447541
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If all of that is any indication for their final evolutions, I might be leaning towards Grookey as well. No soccer bunny for me. XD
FreezShock Posted: 22:34 Mar06 2019 Post ID: 3447574
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Saaame. I feel like Scorbunny is a Torchic. Adorable baby form but not my favorite final evo. Grookey looking to be the best option in the long run.

Matt77 Posted: 07:22 Mar07 2019 Post ID: 3447580
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
There was a big poll by Inside Games in Japan, asking what starter they would choose. The results were:

Sobble - 46.3% of the vote
Scorbunny - 34.4%
Grookey - 18.8%

And if you doubt the reliability of just one poll, a big Twitter poll was created, and Sobble also won that one (38%).

ViolinViolinViolin

FreezShock Posted: 16:56 Mar07 2019 Post ID: 3447585
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
+
Excuse me what. WHY does anyone like Sobble?!

Everyone chooses the wrong starters, they all took Rowlet instead of Popplio and now they're taking Sobble over Grookey/Scorbunny? Woooow.

Matt77 Posted: 03:57 Mar08 2019 Post ID: 3447591
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Rowlet? That was my least favourite too lol.

I definitely was born in the correct country lol.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:15 Mar08 2019 Post ID: 3447595
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Water Lizard is eww.

XD
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close