Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

An SOS to some old friends (former members, come chat)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous
Sanzano Posted: 15:24 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458192
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
darkboarder_77 said:
Sanzano said:How am I not trying darkboarder_77, I am adding content to SuperCheats 8 hours a day five times a week and Rich is trying to maintain another site. I've only got one pair of hands...

Sorry, Dennis. Look at this place. Look. Smack Rich on the back of his head if he's the reason for it. Maybe it's his doing, not yours. Sorry. Still.

XP-era smileys. Same old 100x75 image-hosting avatar system from when I joined 18 years ago (who... the f*ck... still uses this system). Preselected avatars from freaking PS2-era, most of which I remember from my first days here. No activity apart from you and one or two other members trading punches in various threads. I see where XVGN and GU went -- here, yes, but why? They died, probably. Looks like this is where Rich's projects go to die.

Edit: Oh, yeah. My bio edits haven't come through in over a month now. My friend requests to active users haven't been fulfilled. My messages to you haven't been answered. Broken system? Overworked admins? I don't know. Look at all this. It's derelict.

Only thing floating this site, I'd wager, are the submissions -- the one thing XVGN and GU didn't do to my knowledge. It's the whole "upload your cheat and other people can get the same stuff they get from 20 other SEO-dominant sites on 2022's Google" type thing. SuperCheats is a victim of age and severe obsolescence. This place doesn't pop up on search engines unless I specifically ask for a username that only SC would have, or unless I refer to SC directly.

This is awful. From a place of nostalgia, it seems bold, and I really appreciate what you do, Dennis, but another part of me's going, "What a bloody waste." I never did fully understand your role in all this. I see it in your subs and posts, but I've never really grasped why everything else here has stagnated. Whether that's you or not, I never knew. I guess it's out of your hands after all. Sorry.

Thanks for the input about the site Darkboarder77, it was interesting reading it. As you have figured out I'm not the brains behind the operation, that's Rich and Mark who does the programming. If you want to leave suggestions as to how they can improve the site I'll be quite happy to pass it on.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:03 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458200
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Ha, Dennis - The guy with awful spelling was Neptis, he was always in the new members welcome forum. I think he was a grown man that had some sort of disability that made it hard for him to spell.

Aeshma was huge, then he made the new account Youkou - he just posted recently. I wasn't around for very long while he was still active, but never had a problem with him.

Cross Stinger is a nice guy - I've actually got him on Facebook - we talk every once in a great while. He lives not terribly far from me. He's a little eccentric but a good guy.

I think the girl you're thinking of is ozzo. There were a couple of girls around back then, ozzo, Juli, Nic something, ShadowGX.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jun 9th 2022 »
.Impact Posted: 23:57 Jul17 2022 Post ID: 3458398
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
I was actually able to meet up with CrossStinger when he visited the west coast. We're friends on Facebook as well lol.

Sanzano Posted: 14:39 Jul18 2022 Post ID: 3458401
Sanzano
+
It's lovely to hear that people who met on SuperCheats have actually become friends and met in real life. It's amazing really when you think how big the world is.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 00:25 Jul22 2022 Post ID: 3458404
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Sanzano said:Who was that kid who had awful spelling, it was painful reading his posts. Then as the years rolled by it got remarkably better. I'm pretty sure it was something like Nespit.

Then there was that chap called Aeshma, if I remember correctly he came from the Netherlands, controversy just followed him around like a bad smell. I personally thought he was OK but most of the kids disliked him and were always complaining about something he had done. I think he was the guy who had personal issues and had to leave the site. Rich offered him a job, but unfortunately for whatever reason it didn't work out.

Then there was that kid who knew everything there was to know about Pokemon, he literally was a walking encyclopedia on Pokmeon. I think his name was something like Cross Stinger. He was a good guy.

Who was that girl who used to post here and once she posted her photo all the teenage boys fell in love with her. Blond hair, really cute looking face. I can't remember her name. I now wonder if that actually was a photo of her or someone else's face she found on the net. All I know is all of a sudden she became very popular.

I seem to recall the reason a lot of us disliked Aeshma was because he was Rich's favorite out of nowhere and for no apparent reason. When even Cross_Stinger had to sweat and draw blood for his supermod role, Aeshma suddenly had the role within... what, three months of joining? He could do nothing wrong in Rich's eyes. Whatever he said, Rich automatically agreed with. He had spats with other high-level members, too, and I wanna say Crossy was one of'm. It never mattered because Rich backed up Aeshma every step of the way. I think it took Aeshma less time to become admin than any of us to become moderators, let alone supermods. Rich treated'm better than he seemed to treat you, Dennis. It was surreal.

It was also a good long while ago, and I may've forgotten exactly how things went. Doesn't help that I was the saltiest f*cking member on the forum when it came to literally anything, especially Aeshma's advancement through the ranks. I was 13-14 and a pubescent sh*thead. Still, looking back... something doesn't feel right. It's almost like Aeshma was Rich's closest pal and none of us were supposed to know it.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Sanzano Posted: 15:11 Jul23 2022 Post ID: 3458410
Sanzano
+
I can assure you Rich new as much about Aeshma as the rest of us. If I remember correctly the guy had issues in his private life which is why he left SuperCheats. Rich tried to help him out by offering him a job doing the same as I do to earn some money, but the guy wasn't interested. I have no idea what happened to him, I wish him well though.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 23:52 Jul23 2022 Post ID: 3458412
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Sanzano said:I can assure you Rich new as much about Aeshma as the rest of us. If I remember correctly the guy had issues in his private life which is why he left SuperCheats. Rich tried to help him out by offering him a job doing the same as I do to earn some money, but the guy wasn't interested. I have no idea what happened to him, I wish him well though.

I have no ill will toward'm. He was probably a great guy, and I probably just didn't see that through my own issues. Hope he's alright.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Sanzano Posted: 01:13 Jul24 2022 Post ID: 3458413
Sanzano
+
I have no idea, maybe one day he'll come across this thread and lets us know.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 06:58 Aug20 2022 Post ID: 3458497
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
By the way. Dennis. My man. Do you have any purview over bio edits and whatnot? My god, it's been... seven months, I think? I have requests that never went through. I guess they don't really matter seeing how dead everything is, but I think the real reason I'm asking is to better understand why the system here is so broken, if it's just a lack of manpower or what.

Sanzano Posted: 15:46 Aug25 2022 Post ID: 3458512
Sanzano
+
Sorry Darkboarder_77, I know nothing about bio edits. To be honest I'm not sure who deals with it.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 19:45 Nov10 2022 Post ID: 3458748
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Sanzano said:Sorry Darkboarder_77, I know nothing about bio edits. To be honest I'm not sure who deals with it.

That's... wow. I don't even care about the bio edits; I'm just baffled that Rich's lieutenant doesn't know who handles that kind of thing. I'd figure there'd be a system in place where everyone knows everyone else's role. This place has really gone to hell...

sphynxx Posted: 06:51 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458918
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Sanzano said:Who was that kid who had awful spelling, it was painful reading his posts. Then as the years rolled by it got remarkably better. I'm pretty sure it was something like Nespit.

Then there was that chap called Aeshma, if I remember correctly he came from the Netherlands, controversy just followed him around like a bad smell. I personally thought he was OK but most of the kids disliked him and were always complaining about something he had done. I think he was the guy who had personal issues and had to leave the site. Rich offered him a job, but unfortunately for whatever reason it didn't work out.

Then there was that kid who knew everything there was to know about Pokemon, he literally was a walking encyclopedia on Pokmeon. I think his name was something like Cross Stinger. He was a good guy.

Who was that girl who used to post here and once she posted her photo all the teenage boys fell in love with her. Blond hair, really cute looking face. I can't remember her name. I now wonder if that actually was a photo of her or someone else's face she found on the net. All I know is all of a sudden she became very popular.

Talk about revival lol.

You?re right Dennis, Crossy was a massive poke nerd, nespit or whatever had the horrid spelling, although he was back then (10yrs ago now Jesus) older than I was, and I was 22/23 back then. Derek was forgotten_scars - was he the one rich offered a job? I know he messed with the coding of the site a bit back in the day. Was admin with me at some from memory.

I remember Nikki being a blondie but she was older than most of the guys here lol, I know Alana posted a pic back in the day, but she was more brunette/sandy blonde. There was someone named Somescenegirl who did indeed use someone else?s picture that I remember talking to. There were a few other pretty cute females that hung around, until Derek said something weird haha

Oh what a shame time wasted away this place. Our generation of gamers getting older and the landscape of gaming shifting to the point everyone wants instant answers and with the attention span of fruit flies.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
sphynxx Posted: 06:59 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458919
sphynxx
+
steelersrock01 said:Ha, Dennis - The guy with awful spelling was Neptis, he was always in the new members welcome forum. I think he was a grown man that had some sort of disability that made it hard for him to spell.

Aeshma was huge, then he made the new account Youkou - he just posted recently. I wasn't around for very long while he was still active, but never had a problem with him.

Cross Stinger is a nice guy - I've actually got him on Facebook - we talk every once in a great while. He lives not terribly far from me. He's a little eccentric but a good guy.

I think the girl you're thinking of is ozzo. There were a couple of girls around back then, ozzo, Juli, Nic something, ShadowGX.

Steelers my boyyyyy.

Aesh/youkou pretty sure he was active before I came along and was essentially gone again by the time I worked up to admin. God I?d love to have a nosey through all the admin forums again. We were all self obsessed, entitled little shitheads in one way or another lmao

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Warrior13 Posted: 08:52 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458920
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
sphynxx said:We were all self obsessed, entitled little shitheads in one way or another lmao

So true lol
sphynxx Posted: 10:25 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458922
sphynxx
+
Warrior13 said:
sphynxx said:We were all self obsessed, entitled little shitheads in one way or another lmao

So true lol

You a ********? Man I remember you were like the perfect lil pokemember ;) lol

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:21 Feb11 2023 Post ID: 3458924
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
sphynxx said:
steelersrock01 said:Ha, Dennis - The guy with awful spelling was Neptis, he was always in the new members welcome forum. I think he was a grown man that had some sort of disability that made it hard for him to spell.

Steelers my boyyyyy.

Aesh/youkou pretty sure he was active before I came along and was essentially gone again by the time I worked up to admin. God I?d love to have a nosey through all the admin forums again. We were all self obsessed, entitled little shitheads in one way or another lmao

Hahahahah man ain't that the truth. Good to see you around dude, hope life is treating you well. We all really were little pieces of drama loving trash weren't we?

I tried to explain my time here and the culture and the internet in general to a friend once who didn't grow up in mid-late 2000's internet culture at all and only uses social media apps and she just did not get it at all. But man I do look back on all those staff forum fights and drama fondly. It definitely helped me navigate through the start of my career in IT middle management lmfao
sphynxx Posted: 21:55 Feb15 2023 Post ID: 3458938
sphynxx
+
Oh for suuuuuuuure.

Life?s been?.. life. 33yrs old at this point. Man I feel like I?ve aged 6 decades in the time between I was last active and now. Definitely agree that navigating the personalities, view points and drama here (and other forums I admin?s on) helped mould my management style in the few roles I?ve had. Nothing majors happened in life, just cruising along, working, gaming as always.

You tried to explain forum posting to an outsider!? That was your first mistake my dude. I tried explaining SC, IMDB and a few other forums/message boards I was on back in th day to friends and I swear, the looks they have me were like I had 10 eyes. Wouldn?t change it for anything though, it was a massively positive outlet when I so desperately needed one after my mother passed away. Always think back on this place, and all the people I interacted with fondly, whether it was positive or negative interactions lol

darkboarder_77 Posted: 08:55 Aug27 2023 Post ID: 3459652
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
sphynxx said:

Steelers my boyyyyy.

This is truth without pants.

Displaying Page 9 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close