Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
MX vs. ATV Reflex

MX vs ATV Reflex - My observations. 360 version not PC

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

rcp22556 Posted at: 17:10 Aug07 2019 Post ID: 3448408
rcp22556
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
So I was in the mood for a motocross game the other day. I did the usual search to see what the off-road community had to say in regard to the top games the genre had to offer. It seems 'Reflex' was the favorite hands down. I downloaded the 360 version on my
XB1S and have been playing nonstop for about three hours. Tough learning curve, but the game is damn fun for sure. The biggest frustration I have though is until I can learn to control the bike well enough to get to front of the pack, I will keep getting dumped by the AI bikers. I suppose this is the common experience of most beginners - but it does suck.

I then decided to check out some Youtube vids to watch some experienced players. Here what I consistently noticed - the player knows how to get a good start at the gate. He proceeds to get to the front and takes 1st place within the 1st 20 seconds of the race. He knows the track, he's an expert racer and never looks back easily winning the race. Next track, rinse and repeat. I watched three different players for maybe four races each. Same story, same story, same story as the above scenario.

Now trust me, this is not so much a complaint as it is an observation, because I really love the game. But my thoughts are as follows:
People love the game for it's physics, most notably because it gives you the freedom to independently control the bike and the rider in the air and on the ground. And once you start getting the hang of it, the game really becomes fun. But as far as the actual races, it seems somewhat shallow since an experienced gamer can employ the same strategy over and over and never be challenged by the AI bikers. But I only played myself for about 3 hours, and I can't really come to any real conclusions from watching a few YT vids.

I know it's an old game, but I would love to hear from experienced gamers and let me know it my impressions are somewhat accurate or way off. And while we're on the subject, any recommendations for other motocross games would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close