Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 40 of 40
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 38 | 39 | Last     Previous
Sanzano Posted: 00:15 May08 2021 Post ID: 3454164
Sanzano
Post Likes: 74
+
Can you guys remember the reason the Panthers fired Ron Rivera? All he has done at Washington since he has been there is positive things, from instilling a better a culture to putting together a decent team. I think the Panthers made a mistake.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 02:40 May08 2021 Post ID: 3454170
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 273
+
I think all parties needed a change. Carolina were stalling, Newton was playing poorly, and there needed to be a scapegoat. Rivera had been there for a while, and Carolina needed a fresh start.

I'll remember him most for coaching an ok Panthers team to a 15-1 regular season record, and a dominant playoff series. It was a shame that they had to choke against Denver and play by far their worst game of the season. Denver had a washed Peyton Manning, and only made the SB because New England missed a PAT and were forced to try (and miss) a game-tying 2XP.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 8th 2021 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:17 May08 2021 Post ID: 3454174
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 158
+
Ron Rivera is a good coach but after enough years of limited success everyone kind of gets restless. The fans get annoyed at the players and coach, the coach is frustrated with the GM who makes his rosters, and the GM gets fed up with the coach for not getting players to play up to their potentially. There comes a point where something has to give and the head coach is usually just the easiest scapegoat.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:33 May08 2021 Post ID: 3454178
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,052
+
Yeah, his record year after year with the Panthers was mediocre. Sure, he had the 15-1 Season that saw them make the Super Bowl, but basically everything fell into place for them that year. Otherwise, they never really went far. Not sure if that had to do with Rivera or their player personnel, but the results where underwhelming outside of that one season. And if you don't thrive every season, your days will be numbered as a head coach. The times of Marvin Lewis are over.
Sanzano Posted: 17:21 May10 2021 Post ID: 3454185
Sanzano
Post Likes: 74
+
Gruden getting that 10 year contract is unheard of in this day and age. Coaches come and go so quickly now I can't remember their names. Gone are the days where you could identify a team by their coach.You just have to say their names and you automatically know their team. Shula, Walsh, Landry, Gibbs, Knoll, Parcells, and Ditka come to mind.

steelersrock01 Posted: 19:54 May10 2021 Post ID: 3454187
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 158
+
Yeah, most teams are super quick to move on nowadays - the Steelers being the notable exception. Correct me if I'm wrong but coaching contracts are fully guaranteed so even if the Raiders fire Gruden he's still getting his money.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:31 May10 2021 Post ID: 3454189
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,052
+
I think coaches should get five years. If results aren't what you want after that, then can him. Any shorter and you're not giving them a true chance, and it gives your organization a bad stigma.

Now college coaching way different. One out of over 100 teams wins it all, and then you have to factor in recruiting. Consistency is all you need in college for most schools.
Displaying Page 40 of 40
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 38 | 39 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close