Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 25 of 25
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 23 | 24 | Last     Previous
Warrior13 Posted: 11:56 Feb28 2021 Post ID: 3453502
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,050
+
Man, you've gotten way better at picking. You really must've been keeping track this year. We're in trouble. lol

I can see all of that happening. My only knock is probably Eitenne. Not sure why, but RB Harris Alabama seems to have taken over as the best RB in the draft. I think Eitenne is slightly better because of his ability to catch, but Harris did just put up crazy numbers this past year at Alabama.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:47 Feb28 2021 Post ID: 3453505
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 157
+
Here's mine. Again, I'm assuming no trades at this point. My April / final mocks will probably have trades

1.JAX - QB Trevor Lawrence
2.NYJ - QB Zach Wilson
3.MIA - WR Devonta Smith
4.ATL - QB Justin Fields
5.CIN - OL Penei Sewell
6.PHI - TE Kyle Pitts
7.DET - WR Ja'Marr Chase
8.CAR - QB Trey Lance
9. DEN - LB Micah Parsons
10.DAL - CB Patrick Surtain
11.NYG - WR Jaylen Waddle
12.SF - CB Caleb Farley
13.LAC - OL Rashawn Slater
14.MIN - EDGE Gregory Rousseau
15.NE - QB Mac Jones
16.ARZ - CB Jaycee Horn
17.LV - DL Christian Barmore
18.MIA - LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
19.WAS - OL Christian Darrisaw
20.CHI - OL Alijah Vera-Tucker
21.IND - WR Kadarius Toney
22.TEN - DL Kwity Paye
23.NYJ - RB Travis Etienne
24.PIT - OL Alex Leatherwood
25.JAX - OL Teven Jenkins
26.CLE - EDGE Carlos Basham Jr
27.BAL - EDGE Jaelen Phillips
28.NO - S Trevon Mohrig
29.GB - WR Rondale Moore
30.BUF - DL Levi Onwuzurike
31.KC - OL Josh Myers
32.TB - RB Najee Harris

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Feb 28th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:55 Feb28 2021 Post ID: 3453506
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Myers is a little questionable, but not bad otherwise.

Rashod Bateman is said to have run a 4.37/4.39 forty yard dash at the EOS Combine. That would be huge if true.
steelersrock01 Posted: 08:29 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453507
steelersrock01
+
That's nuts. He's 6' 2" 210. Athleticism isn't every but it certainly helps. I don't always put a ton of stock in 40 times cause running in shorts is a lot different than running in full pads in game with the ball.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:31 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453508
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I completely agree that running fast isn't everything, but for a guy like him (tall, can run good routes, and has good hands), it's huge.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:31 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453509
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here's my March Mock. Still not going to guess trades until more QBs are traded.

#1 Overall - Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
After his Pro Day, Trevor Lawrence is a lock to go #1 Overall. You can't pass up on his talent and potential. If it all pans out and he's as advertised, the Jags will be set for the next fifteen years.

#2 Overall - New York Jets: Zach Wilson QB BYU
Unless they can trade for Deshaun Watson, all signs point to the Jets trading Darnold and drafting Wilson #2. I think keeping Darnold would be the wiser move, but it's the Jets we're talking about here. Wilson has some character concerns, but he's clearly the second best QB in this draft from what the media is saying.

#3 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Penei Sewell OT Oregon
If Lawrence and WIlson go #1 & #2, I still think the Dolphins should trade out and accumulate more drafts picks. They should still be able to get one of the Top 3 WRs if they fall between #8-#12. But if they stay, it would be hard to pass on Sewell after Jackson didn't look like blindside blocker material in his first year. This would allow the Phins to properly protect Tua for the next decade.

#4 Overall - Atlanta Falcons: Justin Fields QB Ohio State
Due to his cap hit, it looks like the Falcons will be keeping Matt Ryan for at least one more year. This is actually a good thing as it will allow the Falcons to draft their future QB and let him sit for at least one more year. I still think Fields is the second best QB in the draft, but his stock seems to be dropping due to poor anticipation this last year. The Falcons will be able to help him refine that.

#5 Overall - Cincinnati Bengals: Kyle Pitts TE Florida
Of course, the Bengals want nothing more than Sewell to fall to #5 so they can nab him to better protect their investment in Burrow. That said, Pitts isn't such a bad consolation if Sewell is already off the board. Pitts is a freak of nature, and he should allow Burrow to have a safety net whenever the pocket collapses.

#6 Overall - Philadelphia Eagles: Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
How ironic would it be if the Eagles drafted Wentz's replacement out of the same college he went to? Lance is extremely raw, but he might just have the highest ceiling out of all the QBs in this draft. It's a risk, but I think the Eagles should go big here since I sincerely doubt Hurts is the future of their franchise.

#7 Overall - Detroit Lions: DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
At this point, it appears the Lions will be going with Goff next year at QB. I don't think that will be such a bad thing because we all know Goff is serviceable if he has a good team around him. Goff should also have a chip on his shoulder next year after all the shade he was thrown in the Stafford trade. If Goff can be productive, the Lions could win big with the Stafford trade. The Lions have a decent OL and do have Swift at RB; they also a few good receivers. However, if they can add Smith on top of all of that, they might just be able to leapfrog to the second best team in the NFC North (and perhaps a wildcard berth with the expanded field).

#8 Overall - Carolina Panthers: Micah Parson LB Penn State
I'm starting to doubt Parsons will go in the Top 10 after reading a number of reports about character issues. However, at least for now, I'm going to keep him to the Panthers. This pick could easily be gone if the Panthers can get Watson, but I'll have to see it to believe it as the Texans are staying adamant in not dealing him. Parsons would help complete the defensive overhaul the Panthers did in the last draft.

#9 Overall - Denver Broncos: Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
This is another pick that could be gone depending on where all these veterans QBs end up next year. The Broncos have expressed interested in both Dak and Watson, so I'd have to think they would take Wilson as well. But until such a trade happens, I'd have to think the Broncos get some help in their secondary. I still think Surtain is the best CB available.

#10 Overall - Dallas Cowboys: Jaelan Phillips DE Miami (FL)
The Cowboys are loaded on offensive if all of their players can come back healthy next year, so they should literally focus solely on imrpoving their terrible defense in the draft. I'm still leaning with Phillips as the best edge rusher right now, but that could easily change after all the Pro Days in March. Regardless, the Cowboys could use one opposite of Lawrence so he can actually get so one on ones.

#11 Overall - New York Giants: Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
If any of the three Top WRs are still available for the Giants at #11, I'd have to think they would pull the trigger on them. I still don't like having both Chase and Waddle fall out of the Top 10, but considering all of the QBs that could come off the board in the Top 10, I think this scenario is still possible. Chase is dynamic, and he could easily be the first WR off the board. What shape he is in after taking th year off will be key.

#12 Overall - San Francisco 49ers: Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
I know what you guys might be thinking, but hear me out. Are the Niners interested in QBs outside of Jimmy G? Yes. Is there top need also at CB? Of course. But just imagine this: Samuels + Aiyuk + Waddle + Kittle. I don't care who the QB for the Niners would be, those sort of weapons would make any QB, especially one as serviceable as Jimmy G is when healthy, put up some great numbers. I think it could put the 49ers over the top once again if their entire team gets healthy, especially if Wilson is out of the division. How do you beat the Chiefs? Either ruin their entire offensive scheme like the Bucs did or beat them at their own game. This plan would be the latter.

#13 Overall - Los Angeles Chargers: Rashawn Slater OT/G/C Northwestern
With all the playmakers off the board, the Chargers settle for getting Herbert some extra OL help. I think Slater is vastly overrated, but him being able to play anywhere along the OL comes in handy for the Chargers as they need help across the line. They might be able to fall down a few picks and still get a quality Offensive Lineman, especially if one of the Top 5 QBs are still available.

#14 Overall - Minnesota Vikings: Gregory Rousseau DE Miami (FL)
The Vikings are in a weird spot. They have a few different needs, but I don't think they will be able to fill all of them to get over the hump next year. At this point in my draft, the only value is at edge rusher. Luckily, the Vikings have a need in this area. However, if they can't develop their young secondary, no amount of edge rushers will fix their defense.

#15 Overall - New England Patriots: Mac Jones QB Alabama
Unless they make a trade for a veteran QB, I'd have to think the Pats will be in play to trade up for a QB. They might even have to move up to grab one as I've seen a few mock drafts having the Top 5 QBs all going in the Top 10. Mac Jones is still available on my big board, so I have no choice bu to put him here. I still don't know if he'll be a good pro, but the same was said for Brady before being drafted by the Pats.

#16 Overall - Arizona Cardinals: Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
In my first mock, I had the Cardinals going with an edge rusher. However, it's hard to do that again with Farley still available. It would be a nice landing spot for him as he'll be able to play on the opposite side of the field to Patrick Peterson and learn the speed of the NFL after not playing last year in college. The Cardinals could then move on from Peterson, who is aging, the following offseason.

#17 Overall - Las Vega Raiders: Kwity Paye DE Michigan
Here's another pick that might not belong to its current owner come draft day. But if the Raiders can't make a deal for Watson or Wilson, I'd have to imagine they try to fix their defense at #17. The have a huge need at edge rusher, and Paye would definitely fit the bill. He is extremely raw at this point in his career, but he has as much upside as any of the other edge rushers at the top of the board. I'm expecting him to have a big pro day.

#18 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
With Phillips, Rousseau, and Paye off the board, Miami elects to cash in on the second best LB in the draft instead. Owusu Koramoah has speed to kill, and it just so happens Miami needs to improve the center of their defense. They can elect to address their need at edge rusher on Day 2.

#19 Overall - Washington Redskins: Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina
Washington is another team in a difficult spot. I don't think the high of making the playoffs only to be defeated in the first round was worth falling down this far in the draft. At #11, they would be able to make a play for one of QB Prospect or stay put and get one of the Top WRs. Instead, they will now have to settle for Jaycee Horn. But it isn't all bad, I guess, since it does fill a need for the Redskins.

#20 Overall - Chicago Bears: Alijah Vera-Tucker OT/G USC
They missed out on Carson Wentz, but they might have a shot at either Watson or Wilson. If both fall through, the Bears will be stuck with either Nick Foles or Mitch Tribusky for another year. I can't imagine anything worse, well, outside of playing for the Houston Texans. For now, I have them still getting Vera-Tucker to help protect whomever the QB will be.

#21 Overall - Indianapolis Colts: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
They were able to nab Carson Wentz without giving up #21, and I have to think the Colts will use the pick to help out their new QB as much as possible. They already have a few good WRs (Pittman, Hilton) and Taylor was going strong out of the backfield near the end of the year. With that said, I have them going with an OT to fill the hole of their recent retiree along their OL. They must protect Wentz and give him all the weapons possible in hopes of bringing out his MVP Form.

#22 Overall - Tennessee Titans: Carlos Basham Jr. DE Wake Forest
If the Titans just had a pass rush last year, they could've gone pretty far. They still wouldn't have beat the Chiefs, but they certainly wouldn't have lost in the first round of the playoffs. If they want any hope of getting to the promise land, they'll have to sign Clowney (praying he'll finally be able to stay healthy) while also drafting another edge rusher. Boogie is still on the board, and he was a nightmare at the Senior Bowl. The two together, along with Simmons, would be tough to deal with on Sundays.

#23 Overall - New York Jets: Kadarisu Toney WR Florida
They were able to get their new QB at #2, so now the Jets give him a true down the field weapon. Toney needs to work on catching the ball when it hits him in in the numbers or hands, but he's a threat with the ball in his hands. Reminds me a lot like Tyreek Hill, one of the many in this class.

#24 Overall - Pittsburgh Steelers: Najee Harris RB Alabama
It looks like the Steelers will have Big Ben for another year, and if they want to make one last run at a super bowl with him, they'll have to go all in. Not sure what that would entail with their cap restraints, but getting a real RB at #24 would be a start. Harris seems to be the RB favorite to go off the board first, and he should perform well immediately since the Steelers have a somewhat good OL.

#25 Overall - Jacksonville Jaguars: Travis Etienne RB Clemson
They drafted Lawrence #1, so why not get him a safety net with their other 1st Rounder? And what better person for the job than the guy who was his RB at Clemson for the past three years. It's not an immediate need, no, but getting Lawrence in a good frame of mind to start his career will be key.

#26 Overall - Cleveland Browns: Christian Barmore DT Alabama
Even without OBJ, the Browns are loaded on offensive. If they can somehow bring back OBJ and properly funnel him back into what they had going at the end of last year, they could really be cooking. With that said, they definitely need to go defense in the 1st Round. Barmore has loads of potential. He hasn't been able to be consistent just yet, but I'm sure it will help having a guy like Myles Garrett on the opposite side of him.

#27 Overall - Baltimore Ravens: Jackson Carmen OT/G Clemson
The jury is still out on who the second best OL in this class really is. Some say Slater, others say Darrisaw, and a few think Vera-Tucker. However, Jackson Carmen is now picking up steam. He is said to be extremely athetic despite his enoromous size, and like a few other OL in this draft, people think he can play either Tackle or Guard. A WR or DE could also be the pick here, but the Ravens might risk losing out on an OL if they don't pull the trigger early enough.

#28 Overall - New Orleans Saints: Tyson Campbell CB Georgia
Because of their late selection, the Saints really have no choice but to pray for Brees to return for another year or roll with a different veteran QB. Since that's going to somehow take care of itself in one way or another, the Saints second greatest need lies at CB. This was a toss up between Tyson Campbell and Rodarius Williams. I think Campbell is better at this point, and I think he can seal this position if he runs fast enough at his Pro Day. That will be key.

#29 Overall - Green Bay Packers: Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
If the Packers had drafted a true #2 in the 1st Round last year, it's tough to say they wouldn't have won it all last year. Well, here's there chance to right the wrong and go all in with Rodgers for at least one more year. Bateman seems to do everything good on tape, but he never had that break away speed, at least on the field, when in college. However, he recently ran a sub 4.40 forty yard dash, meaning he has exceptionally good wheels for a guy that's 6'2". The Packers would need to find a way to get him to play up to that potential, but if they can, they might be able to go all the way.

#30 Overall - Buffalo Bills: Samuel Cosmi OT Texas
Zavan Collins and Azeez Ojulari would be tough to pass up on at this point, but I can't see the Bills not going with an OL here. I'm not sure why some think the Bills have such a pressing need at both LB and DE since Espanesa came on strong the further the season went last year, but apparently the thought must be focused toward beating the Chiefs. I have them going with Cosmi for now. He's big dude with a lot of upside, but he's raw and will need to be polished.

#31 Overall - Kansas City Chiefs: Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs will either be going with a OL or CB in the 1st Round after losing the way they did in the Super Bowl. Rodarius Williams is still available and fills their greatest of needs, but I'm not sold on him being a shutdown CB. He got better every year in college, but I personally think he is already nearing his ceiling, which is why I went with Mayfield here instead. Mayfield didn't play last year, but he held his own against Chase Young the year before that when the two faced off. That alone should be enough for the Chiefs to draft him, especially after how bad their OL was at the end with all the injuries they sustained.

#32 Overall - Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Zaven Collins LB/DE Tulsa
This pick came down to either Collins or Ojulari. If the Bucs can resign David, I think they will go with Ojulari. If they can't sign him, I think they will go with Collins instead. It's really a toss up right now, but I went with Collins for the mere fact that the Bucs have some many veterans to resign (and with not that much cap) and there's a higher likelihood that David goes elsewhere because of this.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:12 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453514
steelersrock01
+
Nice mock, nothing crazy there. But oh man, if the Eagles take a QB and let him start and then he's bad the fans are going to go nuts. I think they'll let Hurts play this year and try to get a better prospect next year. Agreed that Hurts isn't the answer, but they'll probably give him a fair shake this year with nothing to really lose. This is already a lost year for Philly, I don't think they'll go with a not-sure thing first round pick QB when the whole roster needs an overhaul.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:38 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453516
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The more I look at things, the more I see the Eagles drafting a QB. The prospects next year don't compare whatsoever. In my eyes, the Top 2022 QBs are only better than Mac Jones. I would take Lawrence (duh), Wilson, Fields, and, yes, even Lance before the slim pickings next year. Main reason why I think the so many teams picking late are trading for veterans, and why the Texans and Seahawks should deal Watson & Wilson if they want a viable option moving forward.

If the Eagles do draft a QB, I think they would obviously start Hurts. When the time comes, and I'm like 99% sure it would, the could then start the rookie.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 1st 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 14:16 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453521
Sanzano
Post Likes: 74
+
Great mock draft guys, some interesting scenarios emerged looking through them that I didn?t consider. Jaycee Horn to the Redskins would be a decent pick, I?d be happy with him. Even Christian Darrishaw to replace Trent Williams would be a good pick.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 1st 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 14:52 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453524
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, the Skins have a few needs. If they can get a veteran QB while keeping #19, they could be really good next year.
Displaying Page 25 of 25
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 23 | 24 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close