Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 20 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 23:10 Apr23 2020 Post ID: 3450527
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
If I counted correctly, here are the points for our final mock drafts:

Warrior13 (8 Correct Picks):
Cincinatti - Joe Burrow
Washington - Chase Young
Detroit - Jeff Okudah
Miami - Tua Tagovailoa
L.A. Chargers - Justin Herbert
Carolina - Derrick Brown
Cardinals - Isaiah Simmons
Jacksonville - C.J. Henderson

Sanzano (7 Correct Picks):
Cincinatti - Joe Burrow - QB
Washington - Chase Young - DE
Miami - Tua Tagovailoa - QB
L.A. Chargers - Justin Herbert - QB
Carolina - Derrick Brown - DT
Raiders - Damon Arnette DB
Vikings - Justin Jefferson WR

Matt77 (5 Correct Picks):
Cincinatti - Joe Burrow
Washington - Chase Young
Detroit - Jeff Okudah
Miami - Tua Tagovailoa
L.A. Chargers - Justin Herbert
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 00:02 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450528
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Now lets calculate the points from ALL mocks, and see who the winner is. It will probably be you Warrior, but Dennis is close:
NOTE: Feel free to double check on Page 18 where I have a post with everyone's picks

Warrior:
5 points in January (Burrow, Young, Okudah, Tua, Herbert)
5 points in February (Burrow, Young, Tua, Herbert, Queen)
9 points in March (Burrow, Young, Okudah, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Wills, Arnette, Jefferson)
8 points in April (Burrow, Young, Okudah, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Simmons, Henderson)
TOTAL - 27 points

Dennis:
6 points in January (Burrow, Young, Thomas, Tua, Herbert, Brown)
3 points in February (Burrow, Young, Tua)
7 points in March (Burrow, Young, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Kinlaw, Jackson)
7 points in April (Burrow, Young, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Arnette, Jefferson)
TOTAL - 23 points

Matt:
7 points in January (Burrow, Young, Okudah, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Jackson)
8 points in February (Burrow, Young, Okudah, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Wills, Chaisson)
7 points in March (Burrow, Young, Okudah, Tua, Herbert, Brown, Gladney*)
5 points in April (Burrow, Young, Okudah, Tua, Herbert)
TOTAL - 29 points
*Incorrect team, but correct number

VERY IMPORTANT: Warrior and Dennis, I need you both to have a tally of the results in case I am wrong. As it stands, I won overall with 29 points, followed by Warrior with 27, and Dennis with 23. But I could have easily made a mistake. Remember, you get a point for picking the correct team OR pick number. If you need to clarify the rules, check the starting post on Page 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts on the draft:

- NY Giant are idiots. They selected the 4th best OT with pick 4

- Miami successfully screwed over 80% of NFL media/analysts/writers with that fabulous smokescreen regarding Tua. Excellent work. A massive relief too

- I think Carolina made a mistake not selecting Simmons, but that's just my opinion

- NY Jets were foolish to pass on Wirfs

- Las Vegas are a joke of a franchise selecting Ruggs over Lamb AND Jeudy

- San Francisco made one of the worst decisions of the draft by not selecting Lamb OR Jeudy

- Dallas successfully screwed over both Miami and Philly by taking Lamb. Their offense will be unstoppable now. BUT their secondary issue was not addressed at all, which is a major concern

- I'm happy that Miami drafted an OT, especially Jackson. Once he develops he has the potential to be as good as the top 4 OTs

- Arnette in the top 20! Good work Warrior (March) and Dennis (April)

- I can't believe my horrible February Chaisson pick may have won me this competition...

- Reagor is a massive reach by Philly

- San Francisco taking no CB is a horrible decision. Terrible stuff

- Very smart from Green Bay

- Who the heck is Jordyn Brooks? Seattle took him over an OT and McKinney

- Not picking Swift was unforgivable by Miami. Really, reaching for a CB? Ugh

- Not picking Swift was bizarre by Kansas City, especially since they instead drafted a 2nd-3rd rounder instead

Significant Day 2 prospects remaining:
- Xavier McKinney
- Trevon Diggs
- Yetur Gross-Matos
- AJ Epenesa
- D'Andre Swift
- Jonathon Taylor
- JK Dobbins
- Grant Delpit
- Jaylon Johnson
- Josh Jones
- Ezra Cleveland
- Kristian Fulton
- Ross Blacklock
- Raekwon Davis
- Tee Higgins
- Laviska Shenault
- Denzel Mims
- Chase Claypool
- Zack Baun
- Antonie Winfield

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 24th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:47 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450529
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Well done winning the competiton Matt, well deserved. Even though I came in last I have enjoyed participating in it, it's been great fun searching for clues each night as to what each team intended to do come draft day.

No major shocks in the top 10 picks, glad Miami got Tua, whoever is putting the Dolphins togehter knows what they are doing. I personally think taking a cornerback was a good move by Miami, getting a good one is not that easy wheras running backs are two a penny. I think you'll find Matt that the Dolphins are going after Leonard Fournette. They are currently the favourites to get him.

Not sure where Trent Williams is going to end up now, Tampa, Miami and Cleveland all drafted OT's. Dallas taking Lamb was a surprise, they've got nobody to throw to their recievers unless they plan on giving Prescott his money and going all in now as Gerry Jones hasn't got too many years left which I think is what going to happen.

Packers taking Love was a surprise, I bet that has annoyed Rogers.

I'm pleased the Redskins got Chase Young. I can't wait to see that defense on the field now.

Chase Young, Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Matt Ioannidis, Montez Sweat
Thomas Davis, Rueben Foster, Ryan Kerrigan

Looks like the Saints are intrested in trading for Josh Rosen now that the Dolphins have Tua.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Apr 24th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:18 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450530
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thanks (that's if I have tallied correctly. Only once Warrior has checked all the mocks will it be conformed). Your score is quite misleading. Your February mock didn't score well because you unknowingly included trades, and you forgot to do the pick for about 3 teams. If we disregard Feb, the scores are Warrior 22, Dennis 20, Matt 21. I did very well in my Jan and Feb mocks, but did awful in my final mock.

The only place I can see Williams going now is Arizona. They passed on Wills and Wirfs and instead selected Simmons. If they hand over their 3rd round pick before draft night #2, it would be a good deal for Washington (Arizona have no 2nd round pick).

I watched the draft coverage on NFL Network (through an illegal stream lol) and the analysts explained that part of the reason they selected Lamb was probably to prevent a division rival in Philly drafting him. They showed Jerry Jones and you would've thought Dallas just won the SB. It looked like a cheeky smile too. Also Lamb is the #1 WR in this draft, so they couldn't pass on him. I was gutted; Miami were the next team in line and probably would've drafted Lamb if they had the chance. You mention the QB situation. Dak has a great chance to succeed now under one of the best offenses in the league, but he will be required to score 30+ points in many games. The secondary is a major issue.

Do you remember about a month ago you talked about how having Young would enable Montez Sweat to thrive? The analysts all agreed with you. Young is an extremely talented player, but he will also make other players better. With that D-line you listed, imagine the QB situation. Wentz is injury-prone, Jones has serious fumbling issues, and Dak crumbles in high-pressure situations. With that Washington D-line coming for those QBs, they'll be running scared all game. It also means that Zeke Elliot and Saquon Barkley are less effective.

Rodgers shouldn't be complaining. This is exactly how he was drafted. Brett Favre was 35 and Green Bay selected Rodgers with pick 24. Today, Rodgers is 36 and Green Bay selected Love with pick 26. With many talented WRs not having been drafted on day 1, Green Bay will be able to find one for Rodgers I'm sure. Who knows, in 13 years time we could be seeing Green Bay drafting a QB in the 1st round to eventually replace an aging Jordan Love.

My grading for each team' pick:
Washington: A+
Tampa Bay: A+
Cincy: A
Miami (5): A
Cleveland: A
Dallas: A
Green Bay: A
Denver: A-
Detroit: A-

LA Chargers (6): B+
LA Chargers (23): B+
Minnesota (22): B+
Carolina: B+
Arizona: B+
Baltimore: B+
Jacksonville (9): B
Miami (18): B
NY Jets: B-
Tennessee: B-

Las Vegas: C+
Las Vegas (19): C+
Jacksonville (20): C+
NY Giants: C+
New Orleans: C+
Seattle: C
Atlanta: C
San Francisco (14): C
San Francisco (25): C-
Miami (30): C-

Philly: D
Minnesota (31): D
Kansas City: D

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:36 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450531
Sanzano
+
What do you think about the Saints going after Josh Rosen Matt? Looks like the Dolphins could have another pick in this year's draft.

Have you heard anything about the latest for Leonard Fournette, the Dolphins getting him would take a lot of pressure off Tua.

Matt77 Posted: 03:04 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450532
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I thought I'd also mention, the NFL did a great job with the draft. There were zero technical glitches all night, and it felt completely normal.

That's an interesting scenario. I googled and I only found 1 article that was asking the question. But sadly Rosen has no future in Miami. He is talented enough I believe, but Arizona and Miami had horrible o-lines. As the article I read states, Rosen would walk into a New Orleans team with an above average o-line, who also just drafted a Center.

Both teams should do a trade though. Rosen for pick 130 (4R). That combined with the pick 136 that Miami got from Green Bay after they traded down, would give Miami EVEN MORE draft capital, and a total of three 4th round picks.

As for Fournette, I'm not sure he fits the Miami culture. Brian Flores is building a specific type of team. Look at Miami's picks 18 and 30. Jackson donated bone marrow to his younger sister to save her life (and thus missing a portion of last college season), and Igbinoghene lost his father to suicide in 2013. Basically he wants fighters in his team. On the other hand, Leonard Fournette doesn't have a good attitude. Jacksonville were ready to trade him in 2019 after he was acting out.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:45 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450533
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt, I had Becton going to the Bucs at #14 in final Mock Draft. You had me selecting Becton twice. XD

Matt won the overall, but I won the the final. I was only going for the final, so I'm happy. I was freaking when I got eight out of the first nine right, but that died down after getting none correct after that. lol

If you want to continue into the next couple of rounds for the overall, Matt, we could do that. There are a lot of players we each had in our Mocks that fell to Day 2. I guess some of us could get lucky and one of the teams we had picking a player does in Round 2 or Round 3 (like the Phins with Swift or McKinney). Small chance of happening, but you never know. No big deal if you don't.

Miami was given an A+ for Tua, an A for Jackson, and a D for Igboghene on the grades given on the site we were using, Matt. Not too bad. Igboghene has a high ceiling, but I get it wasn't a need. Then again, you can never have enough good cornerbacks.

I was shocked to see Wirfs fall right to Brady. Glad the Phins stayed put and nabbed Tua. Wanted Lamb to fall to the Phins at #18, but the dang Cowboys picked him right before us. A few stupid picks, biggest being the Packers with Love.

If Epenesa falls to the Phins at #39, I would love to see us draft him. I can't believe these teams are letting talented players fall just because they had a poor combine.
Sanzano Posted: 07:04 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450534
Sanzano
+
Still trying get my head around CeeDee Lamb going to the Cowboys, no wonder Jerry Jones was so happy, he probably thinks he's got another Michael Irvine. That makes two of the three triplets with Eliott being his Emmitt Smith. The problem is Prescott is no Troy Aikmen. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys deal with their quarterback problem. If I was Jerry Jones I think I would be tempted to forget about Dak Prescott and go all in with Cam Newton. I can't see the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl with Prescott, he's another Cousins and Garapollo. You just can't trust them when the pressure is on.

I know this is a long shot but if the Cowboys can't resolve their differences with Prescott what are the chances of the Packers letting Aaron Rogers go to the Cowboys if he demands to be traded now that the Packers have Jordan Love. Rogers only has one year left on his current contract and the Packers have now made it clear they will not be signing another long term contract with him so Rogers knows he is on the clock.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:03 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450535
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
There's no way the Packers trade Rodgers, at least not this year. He has to be incredibly upset by them drafting Love. Not because Love is any threat to take his job, but because they were one game away from the Super Bowl and Love doesn't help improve them whatsoever. I get it. The Packers drafted Rodgers around the same age he now is compared to how old Favre was at the time, but the difference was that the Packers were only the eighth best team that year, not the fourth.

Darn Pats won yesterday too. Getting a high 2nd and high 3rd this year for their 1st Rounder was a steal. They now have five picks tonight, one in the 2nd and four in the 3rd. If they were smart, they would use all five. That, or trade all four 3rd Rounders for two 2nd Rounders (two 3rds for each 2nd). They could probably get Epenesa at #37. If they trade the four 3rd Rounders for two 2nd Rounders, that could get a guy like McKinney at Safety and then a TE.
Matt77 Posted: 08:15 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450536
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - We can continue, but it would register as a sub-section of our competition. As in I won overall, you won April, and someone will win Rounds 1-3.

I posted while you were posting. It seems great minds think alike when it comes to Epenesa at #37 ;)

Green Bay were NOT close to the SB. They were extremely overrated, and got badly exposed when they played good teams (8-37 thrashing at the hands of SF). As you can see in my 2nd round mock below, Green Bay can get a WR in the 2nd round. I gave them an A for yesterday. They made the right decision.

I've been reading more about the Igboghene pick. Apparently Flores plays a defensive system that favours having 3 CBs to possibly take to the field. The system would also allow one of the CBs to spend some time at Safety if needed. I can understand the pick, given that Minnesota and Kansas City were ahead and decent chances to draft him (Minnesota ended up drafting the similarly-ranked Gladney).

The main issue I have is that we passed on McKinney twice, and Swift once. We managed to keep hold of pick 39, so we will be 7th on the clock. I expect the 2nd round to go like this:
33) Cincy - Josh Jones - OT
34) Indy - Tee Higgins - WR
35) Detroit - Yetur Gross-Matos - EDGE
36) NY Giants - Xavier McKinney - S
37) New England - AJ Epenesa - EDGE
38) Carolina - Trevon Diggs - CB
39) Miami - D'Andre Swift - RB
So potentially we should get access to Swift, but definitely not McKinney. NY Giants would be stupid not to take him. I can't see any of the above teams being remotely interested in a RB.
This is how I'd guess the rest of the round may go:
40) Houston - Ross Blacklock - DT
41) Cleveland - Grant Delpit - S
42) Jacksonville - Laviska Shenault - WR
43) Chicago - Kristian Fulton - CB
44) Indy - Jalen Hurts - QB
45) Tampa Bay - JK Dobbins - RB
46) Denver - Ezra Cleveland - OT
47) Atlanta - Marlon Davidson - DT
48) NY Jets - Denzel Mims - WR
49) Pittsburgh - Raekwon Davis - DT
50) Chicago - Antoine Winfield
51) Dallas - Jaylon Johnson - CB
52) LA Rams - Jonathon Taylor - RB
53) Philly - Zack Baun - LB
54) Buffalo - Terrell Lewis - EDGE
55) Baltimore - Lloyd Cushenberry - OT
56) Miami - Ashtyn Davis - S
57) LA Rams - Curtis Weaver - EDGE
58) Minnesota - Julian Okwara - EDGE
59) Seattle - Robert Hunt - OT
60) Baltimore - Chase Claypool - WR
61) Tennessee - Neville Gallimore - DT
62) Green Bay - Michael Pittman - WR
63) Kansas City - Bryce Hall - CB
64) Seattle - Josh Uche - EDGE

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:33 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450537
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Why not continue both the overall and April since a number of our picks could still go to those given teams? You're not scared of Dennis or me somehow getting lucky and overtaking you for the overall, are you? Violin

I'm continuing both. I'm willing to risk Dennis having the best final draft. You in, Matt?

January Mocks:
Matt77:
Indianapolis - A.J. Epenesa
Denver - Tee Higgins
Atlanta - Yetur Gross-Matos
Cowboys - Grant Delpit
Miami - Kristian Fulton
Buffalo - Laviska Shenault
New England - Tyler Biadasz
Vikings - Trevon Diggs
Seattle - Curtis Weaver
Ravens - Bryce Hall
Titans - Julian Okwara
Chiefs - D'Andre Swift

Sanzano:
Jacksonville - A.J. Epenesa
Denver - Laviska Shenault Jr.
Cowboys - Grant Delpit
Miami - Josh Jones
Jacksonville - Trevon Diggs
Philadelphia - Tee Higgins
Buffalo - Curtis Weaver
New England - Jake Fromm
New Orleans - KJ Kamler
Seattle - Xavier McKinney
Ravens - Yetur Gross-Matos
Titans - Bryce Hall
49rs - Kristian Fulton

Warrior13:
Raiders - A.J. Epenesa
Indianapolis - Yetur Gross-Matos
Cowboys - Grant Delpit
Miami - Laviska Shenault
Philadelphia - Xavier McKinney
Vikings - Raekwon Davis
Miami - D'Andre Swift
Seattle - Shane Lemieux
Titans - Jon Greenard
Packers - Soloman Kindley
49rs - Josh Jones

February Mocks:
Matt77:
Atlanta - Yetus Gross-Matos
Cowboys - Xavier McKinney
Raiders - Kristian Fulton
Buffalo - Laviska Shenault
New England - A.J. Epenesa
Vikings - Trevon Diggs
Miami - D'Andre Swift
Seattle - Neville Gallimore
Ravens - Terrell Lewis
Titans - Jonathon Taylor
Packers - Josh Jones
Chiefs - Bryce Hall

Sanzano:
Atlanta - Kristin Fulton
Jacksonville - AJ Espenesa
Buffalo - Tee Higgins
Patriots - Jake Fromm
Vikings - Trevon Diggs
Miami - Josh Jones
Seattle - Zack Baun
Baltimore - Tyler Bladaez
49rs - Xavier McKinney
Chiefs - Willie Gay

Warrior13:
Atlanta - A.J. Epenesa
Cowboys - Grant Delpit
Miami - Xavier McKinney
Philadelphia - Trevon Diggs
Buffalo - Yetur Gross-Matos
Vikings - Justin Madubuike
Miami - D'Andre Swift
Seattle - Jon Greenard
Packers - Chase Claypool
Chiefs - Jonathon Taylor

March Mocks:
Matt77:
Miami - Xavier McKinney
Raiders - Trevon Diggs
Jacksonville - Grant Delpit
Vikings - A.J. Epenesa
New England - Yetur Gross Matos
Miami - Josh Jones
Titans - Ross Blacklock
Packers - Laviska Shenault
49ers - Jeff Gladney

Sanzano:
Dallas - Grant Delpit
Jacksonville - Yetur Goss-Matar
Minnesota - Tee Higgins
New Orleans - Laviska Shenault
Minnesota - Ross Blacklock
Seattle - A.J. Epensa
Baltimore - Xavier McKinney
SF 49rs - Cameron Dantyzler

Warrior13:
Miami - Xavier McKinney
Philadelphia - Grant Delpit
Vikings - Yatur Gross-Matos
Miami - D'Andre Swift
Ravens - Jonathon Taylor
Titans - Jon Greenard
49ers - Laviska Shenault
Chiefs - Cameron Dantzler

April Mocks:
Matt77:
Miami - Xavier McKinney
Raiders - Trevon Diggs
Jacksonville - Grant Delpit
Vikings - A.J. Epenesa
New England - Yetur Gross-Matos
Miami - D'Andre Swift
Seattle - Josh Jones
Titans - Ross Blacklock
Packers - Denzel Mims
Chiefs - Kristian Fulton

Sanzano:
Denver - Laviska Shenault Jr. WR
Cowboys - Xavier McKinney S
Miami - Josh Jones
Philadelphia - Tee Higgins WR
New Orleans - KJ Kamler WR
Seattle - A.J. Epenesa
Ravens - Yetur Grass-Motens
Titans - Bryce Hall
49rs - Kristian Fulton

Warrior13:
Miami - Xavier McKinney
Vikings - Yetur Gross-Matos
New Orleans - Ross Blacklock
Vikings - Trevon Diggs
Miami - D'Andre Swift
Seattle - Grant Delpit
Ravens - Jonathon Taylor
Packers - Tee Higgins

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 24th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 08:54 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450538
Sanzano
+
I don't know enough about the remaining players in the draft to be of any threat. I know a little about the first ten but after that I'm pretty clueless. It doesn't help Washington not having a second round pick.

I was reading an article this morning that stated that running backs are the least valuable player on the field. The main reason being they have a short life span. I'd rather see Miami take any of the following players before a running back:

Josh Jones
Xavier McKinney
AJ Epenesa
Yetur Gross-Matos
Trevon Diggs
Tee Higgins

If the Redskins are going to get a trade pick for Trent Williams it has to be now. The only viable team at the moment appears to be Arizona who have been interested in him for some time. It would have to be for Arizona's 3rd round pick as the Cardinals don't have a second round pick if it were to happen.

Lol, I can see Rogers throwing a major strop this season as he has a terrible season as his skills digress further. It will probably be the big story December, Love starts in place of Rogers. I can understand why Rogers is upset, the Packers don't want to give him any weapons for some reason. Rogers definately plays only one more season at Green Bay before seeking a trade ala Brady.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Apr 24th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 09:38 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450539
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Quick question Warrior. Will this involve all remaining rounds, or just round 2 or rounds 2-3? For example if a player is selected very late, would it still count if the correct team picked that player?

I was hesitant Warrior, because when we made those predictions we were factoring in having those players be drafted in the 1st round. For example a projected late-1st rounder is unlikely to be a late-2nd rounder, which is probably what would be required to get the points.

But I will continue if you want to. I have a 2-point lead overall thanks to you pointing up the Becton double up. Dennis, what Warrior is suggesting means that we have all done our predictions already. You just sit back and wait for the draft to happen. There's nothing that needs doing.

While I'm sure you intend for it to be a bit of fun, I can tell deep down that this is a hail mary attempt by you to not get swept 3-0 by me in 2020 competitions ;) I won tipping and playoffs, and am currently leading in draft predictions. Your Football Master title would well and truly be gone Cool
Jk :p

Dennis - I think the same, but I really want Miami to select D'Andre Swift. You know as well as anyone how depressing it can be following a team without a franchise RB. I'm not sure if Jordan Howard is capable on his own.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:58 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450541
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I just want to keep the fun going. ;)

Yeah, if any of those guys free fall into the third day but still goes to a predicted team, that will count as well. Odds are none will be right, but you never know. You have a two pick lead, Matt, so I seriously doubt we can catch you, but Dennis could easily tie me for the best final mock draft.
Matt77 Posted: 11:05 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450542
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The only reason I had such a bad April mock was because Carolina were dumb enough to pass on Simmons. Had they drafted Simmons, there's a chance I could've got 3 more points than what I did (Arizona may have drafted Wirfs and Jacksonville maybe Brown). Plus you would have lost 3 points too :(

Had that happened, I would have been leading by 8 points Brick Wall

Still, it'll be tough for you to get points. Hopefully you don't pick up 3 more. I'd be happy to tie with you if you got 2.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:03 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450543
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yep, Chain Reaction.

My Mock Draft had one to, courtesy of the Giants. If the Giants had picked Wirfs, I'm confident I would've had the first eleven picks correct. The Browns liked Thomas most and then Wills, so he would've gone #10 if Wirfs went #4. The Jets probably would've then picked Wills before Becton, since they were looking for a pure LT and he was rated higher for them as well. Obviously, the Raiders would've stopped by streak, but I'm confident the Bucs would've went Becton at either #13 or #14 (not sure if they would've still traded up when it came to him).

Yeah, pretty sure I would've had 12/14 correct if Wirfs went #4.
Matt77 Posted: 23:55 Apr24 2020 Post ID: 3450544
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
My thoughts on Miami's draft as it happened:
Pre-draft - Oh no, we're going to draft Herbert :(
Pick 5 - THANK GOD! Perfect start
Pick 18 - Meh. A bit of a reach, but he has a high ceiling once he develops, so it's not too bad. Just get Swift or McKinney at pick 26
Pick 26 - Ok, a trade back is ok. We get an extra 4th round pick and should get access to one of Swift, McKinney, & Jones
Pick 30 - What the f*** have we done?
Post-1st round - An ok draft I guess. I can see why we made the decisions we did. Just MAKE SURE TO GET SWIFT.
Pick 35 (DET) - UGH
Pick 36 (NYG) - UUUGGGHHH. Ok, now make sure to get Gross-Matos or Epenesa
Pick 39 - *Spews*. Jones, Cleveland, Epenesa, and Delpit were on the board. Instead we reach for a 3rd-rounder.
Picks 41 (IND), 44 (CLE), 45 (TB), 51 (DAL), 54 (BUF), 55 (BAL) - FFS
Pick 56 - An ok pick, but we have missed SO MUCH talent.
Picks 58 (MIN) - Idiots Miami
Pick 70 - Good job guys. You passed on Delpit in favour of a 3rd-round tackle, and in the 3rd round selected a worse safety.
Pick 72 (ARI) - No words

Apart from Tua, this has been an average draft by Miami. Overall I give it a C+ because there were some ok picks, but some of the other picks...wow. Our draft should've, and COULD HAVE been:
5 - Tua (QB)
18 - Jackson (OT)
30 - Swift (RB)
39 - Diggs (CB)
56 - Winfield (S)
70 - Jones (OT)

In reality, I grade it as:
Tua: A
Jackson: B
Igboghene: C
Hunt: C-
Davis: B+
B. Jones: C

I don't know what to expect on Day 3. We have two 4th round picks so we may be able to grab some decent players. But I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted another CB and a punter.

My thoughts on all picks in general:

- Detroit and NY Giants got super lucky by getting two 1st round players

- What were New England thinking by drafting a no-name at pick 37 when Gross-Matos and Epenesa were on the board?

- Miami not picking Swift was UNFORGIVABLE

- Cleveland also got a 1st round player in Delpit

- Dallas got the #3 ranked CB in the draft at pick 51, to go with the #1 ranked WR at pick 17. UGH

- Carzon Wentz is in big trouble if he gets injured again

- Buffalo also got a 1st-rounder in Epenesa, stealing him from Miami who were 2 picks away

- Tennessee also got a potential 1st-rounder in Fulton

- Arizona have had one of the best offseasons/drafts in recent memory, combined with some of the best luck and opportune scenarios

- New Orleans also got a potential 1st-rounder in Baun, in the 3rd round

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 25th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 03:56 Apr25 2020 Post ID: 3450545
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
(Double posting)

Winners:
- Houston (got Blacklock despite having no 1st round pick)
- Indy (got a solid WR in Higgins and solid RB in Taylor)
- Denver (two new WRs)
- Drew Lock (see above)
- Minnesota (strengthened all weaknesses, while Green Bay addressed NONE of their needs)
- Dallas (got 3 bargains with their 3 picks, and Philly have had an awful draft)
- Arizona (had Simmons and Jones fall perfectly to them)

Losers:
- New England (all AFC East opposition have young promising 1st round QBs)
- Green Bay (addressed NONE of their needs)
- Aaron Rodgers (see above)
- Philly (reached for Reagor, and picked a QB with their first 2 picks)
- Carson Wentz (see above)

Dennis, your point about Rodgers possibly wanting a trade is absolutely warranted now. First Green Bay draft a QB in the 1st round instead of Tee Higgins (understandable, but a bit annoying for Rodgers). Then they draft a backup RB in the 2nd round who is known for only rushing and NO pass catching (also GB already have Aaron Jones). And then to top it off, you'd think they would make amends in the 3rd round, but no, it's a raw boom or bust TE. Rodgers is known for being a diva, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the head office and asks for a trade.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:23 Apr25 2020 Post ID: 3450546
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It's obvious that Flores came from the Pats. Much like Belichick, he is drafting versatile players with extremely high ceilings that will fit in the culture. Sure, it means they'll need to be coached up, but no one gets more out of their players than the Pats. It will take a few years to see if these are good moves or not.

Of course, the Bills select Epenesa in a heartbeat with their first pick in the draft (since they traded #22 for Diggs). Instead of having him to terrorize others, he will be doing so to the Phins twice a year for the next decade (if he pans out). Lovely. Oddly enough, Epenesa went toe to toe with Austin Jackson in the Iowa/USC Bowl Game at the end of 2019. Unfortunately, Epenesa pretty much had the upper hand all day long against Jackson. Hopefully Jackson's potential can be tapped in a year or two.

At the moment, worst pick in the entire draft has to be Jalen Hurst to the Eagles. Zero point whatsoever. Packers are having the worst draft overall. I get Love for the future, but over drafting a RB when you already are stacked at the position and then grabbing a no-name tight end instead of WR? Baffling. Aaron Rodgers should demand a trade now, since it's clear they won't be advancing in the playoffs.

I'll post my thoughts about each team and grades after the draft concludes later today.
Matt77 Posted: 11:33 Apr25 2020 Post ID: 3450547
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
ACTUAL BREAKING NEWS: Trent Williams has been traded to San Francisco in exchange for a 2020 5th round pick and 2021 3rd round pick.

I heard about that Epenesa v Jackson incident too.

I get what we've done, and as a whole it's a good philosophy. Developmental players with high ceilings and good backstories. I mean, Austin Jackson is only 9 months older than me! But boy, we passed on some good players.

Now that I can say it with 100% confirmation, the ideal situation is that Tua sits through ALL of Year 1. That way he heals his hip completely and adjusts to NFL life. It also means when Tua plays, our developmental players will have...developed. Maybe not completely, but there will have been progress.

Well...I didn't realise the draft started this early today... I was about to write that I wanted us to trade up in the 4th. And that is what we have done! We have traded up and made a good selection in Solomon Kindley (G) at pick 111 (5th of Round 4). Our o-line is looking MUCH better with Flowers, Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley coming in in the offseason.
EDIT - It says that Kindley "may be a year away", hence another developmental player...

And wow. I just checked, and from that quick 2nd round mock draft that I did, I got 6 selections correct! (McKinney, Blacklock, Delpit, Shenault, Davidson, Mims) If only we did a comp for the 2nd round as well :(

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 25th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 20 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close