Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 22 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 09:30 Apr29 2020 Post ID: 3450584
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Not sure about 30 years Matt, I can recall Dallas and Washington being in Championship games during the 90's. I stayed up until 4am to watch them.

Redskins last appeared 1991 with Mark Rypien leading them, the Cowboys in 1995 with the triplets (Aikman, Irvin, and Smith). Pretty sure the Bills under Jim Kelly won four championships in the 90's because they lost in the Super Bowl to both Washington and Dallas.

The other teams on the list you are right about, strangely enough, Cleveland, Detroit and Miami were regular fixtures in champioship games but that was another era. The Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans are the only teams in the current era never to appear in a Super Bowl. No surprise really, I can't see any of them reaching one any time soon either.

Rogers for Prescott, that would be some trade. Who's the winner out of it? Short term Dallas, long time Green Bay. Could it possibly happen...

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 12:47 Apr29 2020 Post ID: 3450585
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I think the Packers and Cowboys would both win in the short term if they swapped Rodgers for Dak. The Packers would just franchise Dak until they think Love is ready, and the Cowboys will get Rodgers for the next couple of years before he falls off the cliff with his talent.

But it's not going to happen. lol
Matt77 Posted: 22:55 Apr29 2020 Post ID: 3450588
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Brett Favre has come out and said he thinks Rodgers will end his career at a different team. He said he has talked with Rodgers and in the nicest way possible, said Rodgers "was a little surprised" at what Green Bay had done.

I think it's very unlikely Rodgers leaves, but I thought the same with Brady. Dennis predicted Brady leaving very early, and it ended up happening. For salary cap purposes it makes Green Bay trading Rodgers this season pretty unlikely, but they have an option in 2021 to let him go.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:30 Apr30 2020 Post ID: 3450589
Sanzano
+
Looks like my Aaron Rogers being traded to the Cowboys theory isn't as wild as we originally thought. Apparently there are four other teams who are watching the situation unfold in Green Bay who could make a move on Rogers if he becomes available. The other teams are LV Raiders, Pittsburgh, SF49rs, and the Patriots. It wouldn't surprise me seeing Belichick end his career with Rogers as his quarterback, I'm just not sold on Stidman or whatever his name is. Belichick just doesn't have many coaching years left and he'll want to go out on top to prove everyone who says he's only got all those Super Bowl rings because of Brady.

In a twist to the plot, Brett Favre spoke to Aaron Rogers yesterday and he gets the feeling after talking with Rogers that he will finish his career with another team. I would liked to have been a fly on the wall when that conversation took place.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Apr 30th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 08:59 Apr30 2020 Post ID: 3450594
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
- Thread temporarily closed until January 2021, when we begin making mocks for the 2021 draft. See you in January, future self -

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 03:13 Jan27 2021 Post ID: 3453217
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
...and we are back! I was supposed to post in this thread in January, so here we go!

Warrior & Dennis, if you both want to we can do the mock draft competition that we did last year. We would make several mocks (no Jan mock this time, one in Feb, one in March, & one in April), however this time I think only the April mock should count.

Mike, if you're interested, a lot of the info can be found on Page 1 of this thread. If you have any questions, let us know.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:57 Jan27 2021 Post ID: 3453219
Sanzano
+
Love to do it again Matt! Thanks mate.

Matt77 Posted: 20:16 Jan29 2021 Post ID: 3453229
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior13

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:01 Jan29 2021 Post ID: 3453230
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
You should have tagged all of us to begin with. :P XD

We can push back the first to February 7th or 10th or 15th. Not much happening right now. Just a baseline. I already got mine two thirds done. Just gonna post here. Will use the site we did last year for my final mock.
Matt77 Posted: 01:27 Jan30 2021 Post ID: 3453232
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's gonna be tricky to predict. At the moment I'm assuming that Watson is going to NY Jets & that Houston will get picks 2 & 23 (at minimum). But if he chooses Miami instead, Houston would then get 3 & 18.

Then, what teams will take a QB. NY Jets? Miami? Houston? Atlanta? Philly? Detroit? Carolina? Denver? San Francisco? New England? Washington? There are so many teams that may trade up, that it gives teams like NY Jets, Miami & Cincy huge bargaining power.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:43 Jan30 2021 Post ID: 3453233
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
You just have to factor that out for now and go based current order and rosters. March is going to look way different than February. lol
Sanzano Posted: 03:55 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453239
Sanzano
+
There's going to be so much movement from now and the draft with quarterbacks changing teams that the first draft will look nothing like what will happen. Case in point is Stafford going to the Rams and Goff going to the Rams.

Sanzano Posted: 04:36 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453240
Sanzano
+
Here's my February mock draft...

1) Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence

2) N.Y. Jets - (trade for DeShaun Watson) Penei Sewell

3) Miami - Devonta Smith

4) Atlanta - Zach Wilson

5) Cincinnati - Ja'Marr Chase

6) Philadelphia - Jaylen Waddle

7) Detroit - Justin Fields

8) Carolina - Micah Parsons

9) Denver - Gregory Rousseau

10) Dallas - Patrick Surtain II

11) N.Y. Giants - Kyle Pitts

12) San Francisco - Trey Lance

13) Los Angeles Chargers - Kwity Paye

14) Minnesota - Rashawn Slater

15) New England - Mac Jones

16) Arizona - Caleb Farley

17) L.V. Raiders - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

18) Miami - Jaelan Phillips

19) Washington - Trade first round pick to get a veteran quarterback

20) Chicago - Christian Darrisaw

21) Indianapolis - Rashod Bateman

22) Tennessee - Zaven Collins

23) Houston (from the N.Y. Jets trade) - Marvin Wilson

24) Pittsburgh - Travis Etienne

25) Jacksonville - Samuel Cosmi

26) Cleveland - Patrick Jones II

27) Baltimore - Creed Humprhey

28) New Orleans - Joseph Ossai

29) Green Bay - Christian Barmore

30) Buffalo - Wyatt Davis

31) Tampa Bay - Nick Bolton

32) Kansas City - Rodarius Williams

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 31st 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 19:36 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453246
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not bad, Dennis. And by that, I mean it's actually awesome. You've clearly been keeping way more track of players this year.

Sewell would be interesting to the Texans at #2, but I can see if they get Darnold and roll with him for at least one year while still cheap.

A few reaches near the end of the 1st Round though, but things are shifting. Marvin Wilson's stock is dropping; he'll be lucky to be a Day 2 guy. Sad since he was 1st Rounder before having a bad year. Bateman is also dropping as of late, probably going in the 2nd unless he has a good Pro Day.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:55 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453247
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here's my February Mock (no trades for me... yet):

#1 Overall - Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
When the Jaguars General Manager says they wouldn't even consider trading the #1 Pick for Deshaun Watson, you pretty much know they'll be going with Trevor Lawrence. He's been locked in at this spot for years now, and thanks to the Jets boneheaded unnecessary wins, the Jaguars get to cash in on him. He's the best QB Prospect since Andrew Luck, who was the best since Peyton Manning, so you have to imagine Lawrence is pretty darn phenomenal. His footwork could use a little work, as well as his progression from receiver to receiver, but those are minor issues that can easily be corrected. You can pass up on a talent like him.

#2 Overall - New York Jets: Zach Wilson QB BYU
Until the Jets can pull off a trade for Deshaun Watson, I'd have to think the new coaching regime would be going with a QB at #2. I have my doubts about Zach Wilson coming from a school that didn't face top competition, and I've heard he's a bit of a pretentious silver spooner, but he seems to be the favorite to go after Lawrence this point. I like Fields a little better, especially since some compare him to Deshaun Watson, but if the Jets end up getting a stinker at QB after not trading for Deshaun, that would be fine by this DolFan.

#3 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Penei Sewell OT Oregon
This is where the draft will begin to get interesting, especially if the Jets go Sewell or Smith at #2 and all QBs are available not named Lawrence. If that happens, I think Miami will easily trade back for loads of picks. Even if the Jets go Wilson or Fields at #2, I could still see a team panicking and doing the exact same thing (especially the Panthers so they can jump their divisional rivals in the Falcons). If the draft board fell like this and Miami didn't trade back, I'd have to think they would take Sewell over Smith. Sewell is said to be a generational talent, and since Austin Jackson looks more like a RT after one year, Sewell would help further solidify the Dolphins' O-Line in order to better protect their investment in Tua.

#4 Overall - Atlanta Falcons: Justin Fields QB Ohio State
Part of me can see the Falcons rolling with Matt Ryan for another year or two and just going best available at #4, but I think wisdom would ultimately overrule that notion and they'd go with the best QB Prospect still on the board (assuming a team doesn't leapfrog them). At this point, it appears like Fields will be the third QB taken, but that could easily change if he puts up great numbers at his Pro Day. Even by going QB here, I think the Falcons keep Ryan for at least next year so Fields/Wilson can be mentored for a year while riding the bench.

#5 Overall - Cincinnati Bengals: Kyle Pitts TE Florida
Sewell going #3 is the nightmare scenario for the Bengals, who absolutely pine for him at this point. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals try to trade with the Jets or even the Dolphins to ensure they nab him. But if he's off the board by the time they are called to select, I think they would first try to fall back in the draft and obtain additional capital before selecting one of the next OT Prospects. For all intensive purposes, if they get stuck at this position and with this draft board, I could see them going best available with Pitts. There are some GMs that actually rank Pitts ahead of Sewell as the second best available player in the draft. He is said to be better than all the 1st Round TEs in recent years, including Hockenson and Fant. A LT would be best for Burrow, but a safety net would be the next best thing.

#6 Overall - Philadelphia Eagles: DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
Until they would trade Wentz, I'd have to think he'll be the starting QB for the Eagles next year. Going off of that assumption, I think the new coaching staff will actually try to build around him with star talent, unlike the previous regime. People are comparing Smith to Marvin Harrison, except they think he has much more zip to his step. The numbers he posts at his Pro Day will be key, as before this year, most thought he wasn't as fast as he looked. If he can put up good numbers, he'll be a lock to be the first WR off the board.

#7 Overall - Detroit Lions: Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
Don't be surprised if the Lions are in play to jump to #2 or #3 after dealing away Stafford (with those extra draft picks) depending on who ends up with Watson. No matter what though, the Lions are almost guaranteed to go QB with their pick (wherever that might be) now that they have the vacancy with Stafford's departure. Since Lance is the next best QB on the board, I'm giving him to the Lions. I can't see any GM viewing Mac Jones as the better prospect at this point, nor as a Top 10 individual. Goff isn't the future.

#8 Overall - Carolina Panthers: Micah Parson LB Penn State
This pick a little difficult to forecast with the Top 4 QBs already off the board. I don't think Bridgewater is the long term answer for the Panthers, but I think he can easily get them to the playoffs when they are at full go with McCaffery. Most experts have them going with an offensive play regardless since they went defense with every last one of their picks last year, but I can't imagine them passing up on Parsons at this point (especially with Pitts off the board). Maybe they would go Waddle or Chase, but I think Parson would be the perfect fit for them at the center of that young defense.

#9 Overall - Denver Broncos: Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
I think the Broncos might shock a few people if they can't trade for Watson and one of the Top 4 QB Prospects fall this far. Lock isn't, well, a lock to keep the starting the job at this point, and Elway might be seeing things the same way since they have expressed interest in Watson. But since only Mac Jones remains, I have them going with Surtain instead. The Broncos need a lot of help on defense, none more so than in their secondary. If they can get back to where their defense was a few years ago, even Lock might be able to take this team to the playoffs considering all the weapons they have on offense.

#10 Overall - Dallas Cowboys: Jaelan Phillips DE Miami (FL)
Just like the Broncos, I think the Cowboys could be a sleeper in the Watson Sweepstakes. They could easily Franchise Tag Prescott and then ship him off to the Texans with two or three 1st Rounders, perhaps even with a role player or two. But since the odds of that happening, especially based on cap numbers, are pretty low, I have the Cowboys building their defense here. Honestly, they should take a page out of the Panthers book and go all defense this year - that's how horrible it was last season. Phillips is currently projected to either be the first or second Edge Rusher off the board. He actually played this season, putting up incredible numbers in the process, so I see him going first at this point. This should help Lawrence gets some one-on-one matchups to better pressure opposing QBs.

#11 Overall - New York Giants: Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
This upcoming year is either going to make or break Daniel Jones, but I will say he looked pretty darn good to end the year. It seems like the Giants can always use better O-Line play, making that an option here, but I think they gotta give the kid a real weapon to have a chance at succeeding. I don't like having Chase fall this far, but he didn't play last year and I think that gives Smith the edge over him at this point. Either of them, or even Waddle, should help open things up for the Giants so Jones doesn't take as many sacks as he does and Barkley doesn't always have to run with eight men in the box.

#12 Overall - San Francisco 49ers: Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
If they can't get any of the veterans on the trade market, I don't see the 49ers trading the farm to try to get one of the Top 4 QBs on draft night. Even though Jimmy G is clearly not a star, I don't think it makes any sense for them to do such a thing. They are only a year removed from going to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G and practically the same exact team, which shows he's clearly serviceable to get the job done when they are a hundred percent healthy (something they were anything but last year). With that said, Sherman is ancient and their number one need right now is in the secondary. The CB Prospects have all gone up and down during the year, but it appears that Farley is starting to break away as the favorite to go off the board second even after sitting out for the year.

#13 Overall - Los Angeles Chargers: Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
This is more of a luxury pick, but I think Waddle is too good to pass up on at this point. He's a deep threat like no other, and before his injury, he was actually considered the better of the two at Alabama (the other being Smith). Pairing him with the huge arm of Justin Herbert might take this offense over the edge, plus Allen will be 29 by the time of next season (meaning he won't be at at the top of his game for that much longer) and the the jury is still out on Williams. The Chargers could look to upgrade their O-Line in the 2nd Round; this class is extremely deep.

#14 Overall - Minnesota Vikings: Gregory Rousseau DE Miami (FL)
I have a feeling there is a good chance the remaining draft board will look about the same on draft night, meaning the Vikings will likely have to choose between bolstering the interior of either side of the ball. I actually like Rousseau more than any of the OTs at this point, as he was a destructive force last year in college (before taking this year off). He's raw, but the talent and size is there. If he had played this season and had repeated the production from the prior year, Rousseau easily would be a Top 5 pick at this juncture. The Vikings need to keep getting younger (and better) on defense.

#15 Overall - New England Patriots: Mac Jones QB Alabama
I don't think Mac Jones will be that great of a pro - people are comparing him to both Kirk Cousins and even Matt Barkley - but I think if anyone is good to get the most out of him it would be Bill Belichick. He was able to make Brady into the greatest of all time, and though not saying he can do the same with Jones, he would definitely make him all he could be. Unlike Brady, Jones has a seriously nice deep ball coming out of college, and he showed off his accuracy at the Senior Bowl. All the Patriots would have to do is find him some weapons, but they can easily do that in the 2nd as the WRs class is deep once again.

#16 Overall - Arizona Cardinals: Kwity Paye DE Michigan
The Cardinals have three key needs to get them over the top: a CB to eventually take over for Peterson, an Edge Rusher since they don't really have one, and a true #2 WR to pair with Hopkins when Fitzgerald hangs it up. The WR class is deep, so the Cardinals can easily wait on that one. CB is also a bit of a stretch at this point with who remains on the board, so I decided to go with Edge Rusher. Paye is an absolute freak of nature, a true physical specimen, and teams will be banking on that athleticism to help him continue to hone in on his potential.

#17 Overall - Las Vega Raiders: Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa
The jury is still out on Daviyon Nixon - some experts have him as a Top 10 Prospect, while others currently have him as a 2nd Rounder - but I think he will slowly rise into the middle of the 1st Round when it's all said and done. Much like Paye, Nixon's game speed and power looks off the charts, having a ceaseless motor and never ending pursuit of the ball carrier. His numbers at Iowa's Pro Day will tell a lot about him, but if he does well, he could skyrocket. The Raiders desperately need some pass rush, really from both the interior and outside of their D-Line. I could see them going DT & DE or vice versa in the 1st and the 2nd. You've got to be able to put pressure on Mahomes or he'll just tear you to shreds.

#18 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Carlos Basham Jr. DE Wake Forest
We've got a run on pass rushers going here, but we live in an NFL where it's so very critical to have. The Dolphins shouldn't have gone 5-11 two years ago nor 10-6 this past season, not with the rosters they have had. It's a true testament to how great of a coach Flores is, and if he was able to have some pass rushers last year, the Phins may've made the playoffs. I was only able to see a few Dolphins Games last year, but it was a glaring need in each one I did. They seriously couldn't get to any QB, and it was almost painful to watch. It put so much pressure on the secondary, which is why I think they began falling apart near the conclusion of the season. Boogie should help remedy that, especially after looking great at the Senior Bowl. He might even go higher than this if he can post good numbers at his Pro Day.

#19 Overall - Washington Redskins: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
I know, I know... This isn't the biggest need for the Redskins, but the value is too good to pass up on. Owusu-Koramoah is a true sideline to sideline guy, and he could make the front seven for the Skins absolutely terrifying. Can you imagine it? Payne and Allen clogging up the middle, Sweat and Young closing the edges, Foster, Bostic and Owusu-Koramoah flying around and tackling everything within sight? It would help hide the deficiencies in the Redskins' secondary until they can properly fix it, something they could begin to do with their three picks on Day 2.

#20 Overall - Chicago Bears: Alijah Vera-Tucker OT/G USC
If any team needs to try to make a play for one of the veteran QBs available for trade, it has to be the Bears. If they could have even a guy like Matt Ryan, I really think they could make the playoffs with ease. Their defense is still strong, and they have a few weapons that are underrated. If Mitch and Nick can lead them to the postseason, I'd have to think Matty Ice could do the same for years to come. With that in mind and what's left on the board, I went with some more O-Line help here. Vera-Tucker has been on the rise lately, and he can play either Tackle or Guard in the NFL, giving the Bears some extra flexibility.

#21 Overall - Indianapolis Colts: Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina
Before Rivers' retirement, the Colts biggest need was at CB. Of course, they need a QB now, and since they probably won't be in play for any of the top ones in the draft, I seriously doubt they will have this pick as I'd have to assume they would trade it for a veteran. But if they still have this pick come draft nice and things shake out like this, you'd have to believe they would go with a CB here. Horn didn't play this season, but his stock has actually risen because of it since he played so well the prior year and a number of guys that did play didn't fare so well.

#22 Overall - Tennessee Titans: Christian Barmore DT Alabama
After the Clowney signing turned out to be a bust, the Titans really had no pass rush whatsoever. Because of this, teams were able to pick the Titans apart in the pass game. They tried adding King, but it didn't help. The only way the Titans will get over the hump is if they can find some pass rushers. Barmore played the interior in college, but I think the Titans can rotate him both in and out like Watt for the Texans. His measurements are scary, just like Paye, but he's still raw. If the Titans can tap into his potential, Simmons and Barmore in the interior would be tough to handle for any opposing team.

#23 Overall - New York Jets: Rashawn Slater OT/G/C Northwestern
Slater has been on the rise for a while now, some even have him as a Top 5 guy, but I don't see it. Not only did he skip this past season, but he played more guard and center in college than tackle. I'm sorry, but I would never spend a high pick on what looks like an interior O-Lineman, unless he's an absolute monster of a glass eater. This seems like a more plausible landing spot, as the Jets could use him inside of that hulk at LT and give Wilson or Fields (or Watson if they can get him and still hold onto this pick) more protection.

#24 Overall - Pittsburgh Steelers: Travis Etienne RB Clemson
It appears as though the Steelers are going to roll with Big Ben for one more year before he rides off into the sunset, and I think if they are going to roll the dice with him, they might as well go all in. Drafting a QB, if one is even available, won't help for this year, so I have them going with a real RB. Nothing against Connor, but he's just not NFL material, especially in the current day NFL. But Etienne is, a guy who can both catch and run, one with an actual step to him. He'll help open things up for Ben, allowing him not to feel the weight on his shoulders and like he has to force so many balls downfield.

#25 Overall - Jacksonvill Jaguars: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
New coach? Check. Franchise QB? Check. So now what? Pull the trigger on a weapon for Lawrence, or get him some actual protection? I'm going with the latter, especially since there should be plenty of WRs still available in the 2nd Round (where the Jags have two more picks). Darrisaw isn't that mean of a blocker, but he's consistent and has all the measurables. He's risen a lot after a solid year, and he looks like a future LT.

#26 Overall - Cleveland Browns: Zaven Collins LB/DE Tulsa
Assuming the Browns keep OBJ, I'd have to believe they go defense with this pick. They need help in their secondary, and they could also use an Edge Rusher opposite of Myles Garrett and another LB. I don't really know much Collins since he played at Tulsa, but he seems to be on every mock draft I've seen in either late of the 1st Round or early in the second. He plays LB, but he's actually a 3-4 Edge Rusher. I'm interested in seeing his Pro Day numbers to see if he can do it.

#27 Overall - Baltimore Ravens: Alex Leatherwood OT/G Alabama
If I could have my way, I would have the Ravens grabbing another WR to pair with Brown to help Lamar with his progression. But, honestly, I don't know if it's worth it at this point. Toney is a speedy burner that can get past almost any CB, but he dropped so many balls during Senior Bowl practices and I'm hesitant about that. That's why I went with Leatherwood, who can also play at Guard (where the Ravens have a need) since that's where he played in college. Leatherwood would officially replace the hole left by Yanda a year ago.

#28 Overall - New Orleans Saints: Tyson Campbell CB Georgia
If the Saints can't somehow get Watson, they better hope Brees decides to give it one more go. There are literally no QBs left at this point, and without a proper replacement for Brees, I can't see them going very far. Hill is an option, but I think even the Saints know he's not full-time QB material. Since there isn't a QB left on the board, I went with a CB instead. I've seen Williams out of Oklahoma State on the rise, but I went with Campbell for now. He's a long and physical CB, and I think he can lock in being a 1st Rounder if he can run well at his Pro Day. Saints don't have many needs, but they can stand to improve their secondary (especially if Brady is going to keep hanging around in division).

#29 Overall - Green Bay Packers: Kadarius Toney WR Florida
If the Packers really want to keep Rodgers happy for at least one more year, they better do as they should've done before now and actually get him another WR in the 1st Round of the draft. As I just shared, Toney needs to seriously work on actually catching balls that hit him in the hands (something that can be said about other Packers WRs), but his speed is lethal. I can only imagine how good he would stretch and open things for Rodgers and Adams.

#30 Overall - Buffalo Bills: Samuel Cosmi OT Texas
Instead of justifying this pick, I'm just gonna rant about how overrated the Bills were last year. I get they overachieved, but they did so in a division where the Patriots didn't have Brady, the Jets were one of the worst teams in the NFL, and the Dolphins were also (sadly) overrated from a weak schedule. They should've lost to the Colts and the Ravens, respectively, in the playoffs, showing just how overhyped they were when they got BLOWN OUT by the Chiefs. They could use so help on defense, but the value is now at OT. Cosmi is still a work in progress, but he's got the size and ability to one day be a great blindside blocker for Allen.

#31 Overall - Tampa Bay Buccaneers*: Azeez Ojulari LB/DE Georgia
The list of possible 1st Rounders is pretty thin at this point. Truthfully, it came down to Ojulari and CB Rodarius Williams from Oklahoma State (as well as RB Harris from Alabama), but I went with Ojulari since JPP and Suh are both getting up there in age. Ojulari could be paired with Shad Barret if they can resign him, giving the Bucs another person off the edge that can get to the QB. CB and RB also makes sense here, as Rodgers was picking the Bucs' secondary apart at times and none of the RBs the Bucs have seem to be a true #1.

#32 Overall - Kansas City Chiefs*: Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
I never can get a good sense of what the Chiefs are going to do at the end of the 1st Round. I had them going with a RB for most of last year's mock drafts, but never thinking they would go with the one they did. This year seems even more tricky. They still could use some CBs, but they never seem to be willing to address those issues. Their LB Corps aren't that bad, but they could also improve there as well. The could even add a rusher across from Jones or replace the aging Sammy Watkins. However, I decided to go with a big husky, something Andy Reid loves to draft early, especially after Fisher tore his Achilles and might not be back for the start of next year (or ever be the same player again). Mayfield didn't play this year, but he didn't really need to. He played excellent against Chase Young the year before, which is why his draft stock has stayed pretty consistent.

*Current Order Pending Super Bowl Results - But Interchangeable For Me*

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 31st 2021 »
Matt77 Posted: 20:55 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453248
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I haven't read that many mock drafts, but am familiar with the first 10-ish players. Both your mocks make sense. I'll be able to judge them better once I know more myself.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 13:12 Feb01 2021 Post ID: 3453254
Sanzano
+
Great mock draft Warrior13, I'd love Washington to get that linebacker, unfortunately I think their number one draft pick will be used as part of a trade for a veteran quarterback. I'm now hearing Dak Prescott's name mentioned along with Derek Carr. I'm not keen on either to be honest, I would like to see Deshaun Watson or Trey Lance behind centre.

Does anyone know what the current status of Rueben Foster is?

I'm hearing this crazy rumour that Jon Gruden may offer Derek Carr, Waller, and 4 first round picks for Deshaun Watson.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 1st 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 23:00 Feb01 2021 Post ID: 3453257
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
My February Mock Draft (no trades yet):

#1 Jaguars - QB Trevor Lawrence

#2 Jets - OL Penei Sewell

#3 Dolphins - WR Ja'Marr Chase

#4 Falcons - QB Justin Fields

#5 Bengals - OL Rashawn Slater

#6 Eagles - WR Devonta Smith

#7 Lions - WR Jaylen Waddle

#8 Panthers - QB Zach Wilson

#9 Broncos - CB Patrick Surtain II

#10 Cowboys - CB Caleb Farley

#11 Giants - TE Kyle Pitts

#12 49ers - QB Mac Jones

#13 Chargers - EDGE Gregory Rousseau

#14 Vikings - EDGE Kwity Paye

#15 Patriots - QB Trey Lance

#16 Cardinals - CB JayCee Horn

#17 Raiders - DL Carlos Basham Jr.

#18 Dolphins - LB Micah Parsons

#19 Washington - OL Christian Darrisaw

#20 Bears - OL Alijah Vera-Tucker

#21 Colts - WR Kadarius Toney

#22 Titans - EDGE Azeez Ojulari

#23 Jets - RB Travis Etienne

#24 Steelers - T Teven Jenkins

#25 Jaguars - DT Christian Barmore

#26 Browns - LB Zaven Collins

#27 Ravens - EDGE Jaelan Phillips

#28 Saints - S Trevon Mohrig

#29 Packers - LB Nick Bolton

#30 Bills - EDGE Jayson Oweh

#31 Buccaneers - RB Najee Harris

#32 Chiefs - OL Alex Leatherwood

I have to admit I'm not exactly an avid follower of college ball or anything and haven't even heard of some of these guys before I started typing this up. I'm especially unsure of the back third and the order the QBs will be taken. But I think most of these picks can be justified.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:17 Feb02 2021 Post ID: 3453258
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not bad. Slater is a little high for my liking, but I've seen some people have him up there. Everything else plausible.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:15 Feb02 2021 Post ID: 3453261
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, I was iffy on him. I'm anticipating a trade that will let Cincy take Sewell at #5 with Slater then potentially falling to the Chargers at #13. Also not sure Jaycee Horn will go that high but wasn't sure where else to put him. I could see him falling all the way to the Packers at #30. Could also see the Packers taking a receiver or OL, though I'm not sure many others have first round talent (even Toney at 21 was a reach pick for me).
Displaying Page 22 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close