Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 27 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:37 Mar11 2021 Post ID: 3453607
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
These 300 pound guys running sub-5 40s just amaze me. Such insane genetics.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 05:35 Mar12 2021 Post ID: 3453608
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I know. Wirfs last year was a freak. Was hoping Carmen would have worked out at Clemson's Pro Day because people we expecting big numbers. He picked a horrible agent. You have the potential to be a 1st Rounder, but you're going to skip the only chance for all scouts to see what you got because your agent thinks your tape is enough? Nah brah.
Sanzano Posted: 13:56 Mar12 2021 Post ID: 3453613
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Montiel Sweat ran a 4.41 at the combine a couple of years ago. The guy?s a defensive end!! That is insane for a guy his size. Bo Jackson ran a 4.12 which is ridiculous for a 230 pound running back, it?s a shame he got injured otherwise he would have obliterated the record book. He never took football seriously and was in my opinion the best power back ever. It still amazes me watching the old footage of his game at the Kingdome.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 12th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 14:41 Mar12 2021 Post ID: 3453615
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
4.6 for a defensive end is crazy. 4.5 is a freak. 4.4 is absolutely unheard of.

It is a shame Bo never picked just one sport. He easily would have been one of the all time best baseball or football players if he had stuck with one. And then the injury that changed it all. It was amazing he even made it back for a few years in baseball after that. Has to be the most god gifted talent the world has ever seen. Basically a Saquon Barkley that ran a 4.1 instead of a 4.4, and before technology and medicine and conditioning were what they are now.
Sanzano Posted: 13:52 Mar14 2021 Post ID: 3453620
Sanzano
+
It amazes me how much the players have changed physically over the years. In 1985 the US nation made a fuss about William Perry because he weighed 300lbs, they even called him the ?refrigerator? These days the average weight of a Defensive lineman is 310. Linebackers like Jack Lambert of the Steelers would be tiny by today?s standards. Lambert rarely weighed above 210, it was rumored he played at 205 which I can believe as he had spindly legs. Lawrence Taylor weighed 240 in his playing days which is about the average weight these days in the NFL.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 14th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 13:59 Mar14 2021 Post ID: 3453622
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah. Just imagine if Bo Jack or Hershel Walker had all the perks players have nowadays. Geez, Hershel says he can still run in the 4.3s despite being in his 50s. Both of those guys might have broke the dream of a sub 4.00 forty.
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:55 Mar14 2021 Post ID: 3453625
steelersrock01
+
That's modern medicine, supplements, and nutrition for ya. Baseball players are the same way pre- and post-steroid era. I'd be a good 80% of these guys are on some kind of illicit supplement and the league turns a blind eye cause everyone loves home runs and freak monster athletes weighing 320 pounds and chasing down QBs.

Guys juiced back then to but it's another level nowadays. Some reason why guys come back so strongly from ACL and Achilles injuries. That stuff used to be career threatening and now you have guys like Adrian Peterson actually come back stronger.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:42 Mar14 2021 Post ID: 3453628
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Lets be real: Players are on anything and everything not on the banned substances list. It has been that way for a hundred years; everyone always trying to get a competitive edge. And thats why I never have considered the steroids era as a negative. It was all legal until it was not, and anything before that cutoff is free game.

I do not, however, believe anyone these days are taking performance enhancing drugs and getting away with it. Again, at least those not currently banned. Not sure why anyone would need to since vitamins, supplements, medicine, prescriptions, and dieting are as advanced as they now are. I think Brady proves it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:35 Mar14 2021 Post ID: 3453630
steelersrock01
+
Yeah exactly. When guys were "openly" juicing in baseball it was some of the most fun stuff to watch.

I think guys in all sports are taking some kind of PEDs. Maybe not during the season, but in the offseason and especially in recovery from injury. I think every single one of them are to varying degrees. I think Brady's an anomaly because he's never been very physically gifted. But guys like DK Metcalf? Definitely taking whatever they can whenever they can whether it's on the banned list or not, and the leagues turn the other way especially when it's a star because it makes for a better product.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Mar 14th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:55 Mar14 2021 Post ID: 3453632
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The MLB knew and did not care, so I never understood why they are blackballing all those guys out of the HOF. Clearly needed some scapegoats so everyone did not realize that they were allowing it at the time.

I am not sure about that. Personally, I do not think most are doing anything of the sort, but thar might be a hope among anything else. Some guys are just freaks of nature. Metcalf is one of them, but most knew that back when he was in college. TO was the same, as well as Bo Jackson and Hershel Walker in those days, as well as Marcus Dupree when he would lay off constantly eating.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:36 Mar15 2021 Post ID: 3453635
steelersrock01
+
Maybe it's just the cynic in me. I want those baseball guys to get into the hall too. People act like Bonds and Clemens were the only two juicing. Everyone was doing it. Absolutely everyone. And they were still so much better than everyone else.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:43 Mar15 2021 Post ID: 3453638
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Exactly. Clearly trying to use the best of the best as scapegoats since the MLB doesn't want to take responsibility for allowing them for all those years. I especially don't understand how they can keep them out of the HOF when both essentially won their court cases about them. Put them all in.
Sanzano Posted: 15:05 Mar15 2021 Post ID: 3453641
Sanzano
+
I think it was around 1986 if I remember correctly that the NFL clamped down on steroids. Before then during the late 70?s and early 80?s there was some monsters playing the game. Mike Webster of the Steelers, Lyle Alzado of the Raiders, and Mark Gastineau of the Jets come straight to mind. I wonder if it is any coincidence that those same players died young or are suffering mental problems which they are blaming hits to the head. The NFL has also had plenty of players committing suicide which you don?t hear about. An example of that is Dave Duerson of the 85 Chicago Bears defense who shot himself in the head with a shotgun a few years back.

Warrior13 is correct unfortunately, all sports have a drug problem, even Snooker believe it or not. With the vast amounts of money competitors can earn in pro sports these days the temptation to stay on top and continue earning the big bucks must be overwhelming.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 15th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 20:31 Mar15 2021 Post ID: 3453644
steelersrock01
+
Yeah I don't blame anyone for trying to secure their paycheck.

Football especially has an issue with post-career mental illness. Those thousands of tiny hits to the head add up.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:32 Mar15 2021 Post ID: 3453646
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, which is why basically all players receive lifetime insurance now. Least the NFL can do after they put their bodies on the line each game.
Sanzano Posted: 16:35 Mar16 2021 Post ID: 3453652
Sanzano
+
It?s criminal when you look at the state of some of the old timers now, football literally ruined their bodies. As recently as the 80?s lots of NFL players had second jobs because the pay they got from football was so bad. An average NFL player back then got 30k a year. I remember when the Washington Redskins won the Super Bowl back in 1982 each player got a 10k bonus. Nothing like the money today?s players get. I remember Eric Dickerson moving to Indianapolis in 1987because the Rams balked at him wanting 1 million a year. Dickerson was then head and shoulders the best running back in the NFL back then. Not sure how that guy managed to run as fast as he did with all those pads on.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 16th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 18:50 Mar16 2021 Post ID: 3453655
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, right place just at the wrong time. Could you imagine what all those old timers would've made with the current rates? Elway? Marino? Montana? Bo Jackson? Deion Sanders? Barry Sanders? Dickerson? Walker? Jim Brown? Some of those QBs would've easily made Mahomes money if things were the same back then as they are now.
Sanzano Posted: 16:30 Mar17 2021 Post ID: 3453660
Sanzano
+
Jim Brown was super human, way ahead of his time. If he had the benefit of modern science the guy would be banned in the NFL. We?re talking about a 240 pounder running the 40 yard dash in 4.2 seconds in 1957. Watching the old footage of him is amazing, he gave you the option - get out of the way or be run over. It took about three players to bring him down and he averaged over 5 yards every time he touched the football throughout his career. On top of all that he only missed one game. He retired in his prime and still lef the game as the career leading rusher, a title he held until Walter Payton broke it in 1984.

Even those other players you mentioned I would take any one of them over anyone playing today. Can you imagine the numbers the likes of Marino and Montana would put up today with the benefit of the rule changes that have been added in recent years. Marino would have o problem hitting 6,000 yards with a couple of receivers like Duper and Clayton, he got over 5,000 in 1984.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 17th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 17:16 Mar17 2021 Post ID: 3453661
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
HUGE Pro Day Numbers today...

Georgia Edge Rusher Ojulari ran a 4.6-4.65. Reports said he did great today, securing his 1st Round Status.

Georgia CB Campbell ran a sub 4.40. Incredible for a dude that is 6?2?. If he is not drafted on Day 1, I would be surprised.

Georgia CB Stokes again ran basically a 4.25. He is still a Day 2 guy by all accounts, but that speed will be why a team drafts him.

Pittsburgh Edge Rusher Weaver came in real slow at 4.85. He said he pulled his hamstring on his run attempt, and then sat out the rest of his Pro Day. He is free falling after today and a poor Senior Bowl.

Pitt DT Twyman put up 40 reps! Incredible! Still a mid rounder, but that?s some power.

Illinois WR Imatorbhebhe reported had a 46.5 vertical jump, which would have been an all time record. A mid rounder, but definitely a deep ball threat.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:24 Mar17 2021 Post ID: 3453663
steelersrock01
+
Nice numbers. That vertical jump is crazy. The kind of thing you love to use in Madden, guy tops out at 75 OVR but can catch bombs cause hes got 99 jumping.
Displaying Page 27 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close