Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 01:57 Feb01 2020 Post ID: 3449649
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
That will skew things. Keep it fair. Final Mock Only.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 08:51 Feb01 2020 Post ID: 3449652
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
What am I supposed to do???

When you said the suggested the idea of doing mocks, Dennis replied saying he thought we should do mocks for each month and tally all, and I agreed. You then made a post, and it sounded like you had no objections.

How about this. We can all do monthly mocks for the sake if it. However, ONLY me and Dennis will tally the Jan, Feb, and March mocks. You will not tally those ones. Then the 3 of us will tally the April mock. Me and Dennis can compare with each other how we went on those Jan-April mocks, and then we can all have a tally for solely the April mock. Does it make sense? Or have I over-explained it?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 09:14 Feb01 2020 Post ID: 3449653
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We simply shouldn't tally all of them up. If you want to tally each one separately to see if we got better or worse getting closer to the draft, then that's fine to show our progression or regression. But the main competition is all about the Final Mock Draft since we'll know Free Agency, Rumors, Combine by then.

Walterfootball server being wonky. Can't see or edit my new Mock Draft. Might just post the names like Dennis did for January if it isn't fixed by Monday. Sad face. Worked hard on those descriptions. :(

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 1st 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 09:27 Feb01 2020 Post ID: 3449654
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Ok, I over-explained.

Essentially me, you, and Dennis will all do our April mock and tally that up. This particular tallying stays separate from the following below:

Since me and Dennis agreed on tallying for the Jan, Feb, March, and April mocks, ONLY me and Dennis will tally the Jan, Feb, and March mocks. You will not be included in this.

Then in the end there will be 2 scores/competitions:
1. The April mocks (me, you, and Dennis)
2. All mocks (ONLY me and Dennis)

I hope I'm still not over-explaining Brick Wall

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 12:10 Feb01 2020 Post ID: 3449655
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Why tally all of them together anyway? Again, the Final Mock is all that matters. All the scouts and beat writers make many mocks leading up to the draft, but only their final one is judged in terms of accuracy. I am sure Dennis wont mind the final mock meaning everything, especially after forgetting a few players in his first. Our first three mocks should be for fun, exchanging thoughts, and to see our progression from one stage to the next.
Matt77 Posted: 22:12 Feb01 2020 Post ID: 3449656
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
By ONLY me and Dennis tallying each mock, it takes into consideration whether either of us predicted prospects to be taken high/lower. For example Dennis doesn't think Detroit will draft Okudah. If lets say in 1-2 months Detroit reveal that they are interested in a QB, everyone will know Detroit won't draft a CB, but Dennis would potentially be rewarded for predicting it earlier.

As I already said twice, you don't have to be included when we tally mocks Jan, Feb, and March. You can disregard those ones, and ONLY tally the April mock, which we will ALL do.

Then in the end there will be 2 scores/competitions:
1. The April mocks (me, you, and Dennis)
2. All mocks (ONLY me and Dennis)

Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 1st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:41 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449658
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
If we just have the final mock we are going to end up with three mocks practically all identical and the three before the final one are worthless. At least my way it will be fun tallying up the scores after draft day. I don't mind though, whatever you guys want to do.

What we could do though is give the final draft a special bonus, like the most accurate one gets a certain amount of points?

San Francisco are winning tonight, their defense closes Mahomes down and makes things uncomfortable for him. If not I'm coming in last lol.

Matt77 Posted: 03:34 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449660
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It seems you and Warrior want different things, so it's easy if we just do what I suggested in the posts above. Whereby we all tally our April mocks, but only you and me tally the Jan-March ones (and we keep that seperate from the competition we do alongside Warrior).

So essentially we can all update our mocks monthly, and when it comes time to tally up, I will explain the rules once again and it will make total sense. Until then, it is simple and easy, and no-one has to worry about it.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:28 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449662
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My head hurts.

Let's just have two different categories. Final Mock Tally (Most Important). All Mocks Tally.

Obviously, I'm gunning for the Final Mock Tally since that's what I thought we were doing in the first place with the rest being for fun and progression. But I'll win both regardless. :P
Warrior13 Posted: 13:37 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449665
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Ready to post my next Mock Draft. Had to remember all my picks since walterfootball still isn't working. Some things might not make sense since I don't have the descriptions. Might post a few just so it's easier to understand some picks. Not posting though until after Super Bowl because that could change I have going to either the Chiefs and Niners.
Matt77 Posted: 21:38 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449667
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior, what you just suggested was exactly what I was talking about this whole time. Except you didn't seem a fan of tallying all mocks, so I suggested that you only participate in the April mock tally. So, it is up to you whether you participate in tallying mocks Jan-March.

And Warrior, the walterfootball site is accessible. You can still view yours and my mock drafts. We just can't edit them anymore because the website is having issues. Just click on the link you posted on Page 1, and you'll be able to see exactly who you selected in which spot ;)

Warrior13

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 2nd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:02 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449670
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not for me new one, Matt, because it's unpublished. :(

If we keep the tally seperate (Final Mock, All Mocks), then I'm fine. As long as you admit I came up with the idea and not you. jk :P XD

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 2nd 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:02 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449671
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Warrior13 Post NFL Season Mock Draft

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 4th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 02:27 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449679
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nice. I will save it for later. Will be interesting to see any changes you've made.

And remember, you can edit your Feb mock up until Feb 29th.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:13 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449680
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Might do so since the Combine will be underway at the end of the month.

Perhaps we should push back the due date from February 29th to March 3rd so we can incorporate those results?
Matt77 Posted: 09:36 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449681
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - Sounds good. I have changed the date, as seen in the thread title. So if anyone wants to submit their Feb mock in the first week of March, that's fine. There's no set deadlines for the Jan-March mocks, only a rough deadline. Only April has a set deadline of April 21st (I recently changed it to this date). That's obviously so that we don't update our mocks as the draft is happening.

Dennis - You are on to something with your Washington-Miami trade. Most people (myself included) would think Washington are certain to draft Chase Young, but I was just reading a random user's mock on the walterfootball website, and they point out something very important. Apparently Washington have three 1st rounders on the D-line, so adding Young would make it 4. When it comes to their 5th year options, Washington would have to pay all of these players substantial amounts, or risk losing them. No way are Washington going to be able to sign up all 4 players.

This particular mock draft has Washington taking Okudah at pick 5, so improve the awful secondary. It makes a lot of sense.

The author also mentions that this is probably why several years ago Cleveland passed on Bradley Chubb (EDGE) at pick 4 and instead picked Denzel Ward (CB), just as in this case Washington would pass on Young (EDGE) for Okudah (CB) instead.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:14 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449682
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I can't imagine the Redskins not taking Young. They would have to get loads of picks to miss out on his talent. Luckily, the 5th Year Options won't be all that bad for all four of their D-Lineman should they draft Young. Payne and Allen were drafted well before Sweat and Young, so it's not like they will be hit with four huge contracts. The Skins could also simply resign Payne and Allen to avoid the 5th year option.

If a trade is going down, I would have to think it's going to be at #3 or #4. I only mention the Giants because if the Lions stay put (say their asking price is too high), the Giants can still swap with the Chargers or Panthers (should they want to move up) and still basically get to pick between Jeudy and Thomas.

I might just submit a new mock after the combine (before the next deadline); I don't mind doing five (average among most beat writers). My first came after the College Football Season and my second after the NFL Season, which would put me on pace for one after the Combine and one after Free Agency before my final coming before the Draft. For our tallying purposes, Matt, you would simply count my First, Third, Fourth and Fifth (not my February Mock, as noted). Unless, of course, you and Dennis wanna do five Mocks now. ;)

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 4th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 21:06 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449688
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Essentially the mock you just published will not count, as when you publish one just after the combine, that one replaces it.

Just had a look at your latest update for the mock. I don't notice many changes.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:57 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449689
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
1-10, 13, 17, 18, 20, 26, and 27 remained the same. Half changed.

LOL

Matt77

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 5th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:47 Feb05 2020 Post ID: 3449691
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
If Washington take Chase Young like everyone thinks they will I can see them trading Montez Sweat as the guy has not lived up to expectations. A good player but not a spectacular one like the Redskins hoped when they gave up their 2nd round pick last year. Kerrigan will probably be traded as well to make room in the cap.

Just how much of a dominant player would Chase Young be? The way everyone is talking about him I'm expecting the next Lawrence Taylor. In this day and age I would have thought the most important player after quarterback would be the wide reciever, no point having an elite quarterback if he has nobody who can catch his passes. I just don't think the defensive players are as important as they were back in the day, it's a passing game these days. The good teams put up points.

Displaying Page 3 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close