Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 31 of 35
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 12:22 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453793
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,051
+
I would assume it means an Internship. Hopefully it's one that at least pays him a little considering how much time it sounded like he is putting into it.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 12:28 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453795
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Decided to just post my April Mock since I doubt anymore moves will be happening. Even if more trade happen, I still have my final mock draft before the draft (the one that counts) to adjust accordingly. No need to guess trades after the Dolphins/49ers/Eagles Blockbuster 3-Team Trade, especially since Watson likely isn't going anywhere due to legal issues. Besides, our Trades Mock Draft (Including Ten Trades For Fun, April 15th) will have plenty of those.

(Sorry for breaking it up into multiple posts. Site suddenly kept giving me some crud about character limit.)

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 27th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 12:29 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453796
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
#1 Overall - Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
I don't know if there is such a large gap between Lawrence and Wilson after seeing both of their Pro Days, but I think the Jags will still select Lawrence. Even if it eventually turns out that Lawrence becomes the next Peyton Manning while Wilson becomes the next Mahomes, I still don't think you can go wrong with draft Lawrence. His footwork at times is questionable, and the questions still remain about how he will be able to handle getting beat up and losing constantly to begin his career. Time will tell.

#2 Overall - New York Jets: Zach Wilson QB BYU
After his Pro Day, Wilson is a near lock to be the second player off the board. The Jets new coaching staff want to begin their era with a guy of their choosing, and it appears Wilson is that guy. The Eagles were willing to trade up to #3 if Wilson was still on the board, but since they didn't complete such a trade, it shows that they and all the other GMs in the league believe the Jets will be draft Wilson.

#3 Overall - San Francisco 49ers: Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
If Lawrence and Wilson are the first two players off the board as everyone now believes, I'd have to believe that means the Niners traded up to draft Trey Lance (unless Wilson is still somehow available). Why else would they have given up three 1st Rounders without having yet to see Fields perform at his Pro Day? I mean, they easily could've waited another week, but they didn't. They clearly love both Wilson and Lance, and since the former is off the board, that leaves Lance as the only other possibility. I don't believe the fake assumptions that they moved up to #3 just to trade out of it.

#4 Overall - Atlanta Falcons: Justin Fields QB Ohio State
This is the pick I'm starting to struggle with as Matt Ryan is still a really good QB that has ability to lead his team to the playoffs for another year or two. One part of me thinks this might be enough for the Falcons to go with a generational talent in Pitts or Sewell and opt to draft their next franchise QB in either 2022 or 2023. However, I'm going to stick with Fields for now since the fact still remains they might not get this high in the draft for years to come.

#5 Overall - Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell OT Oregon
After the Miami Trades, it is quite clear that the Bengals will be able to land either Pitts or Sewell (or even have their choice among the two). If both are available, I'd have to think they go with Sewell and give Burrow his blindside blocker for years to come. That said, however, I think it might be an entirely different story, one that sees them drafting Pitts (which they can still do), if Burrow never got injured at the end of last year.

#6 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Kyle Pitts TE Florida
Miami's wheeling and dealing sees them not only having future draft capital but also their chance to nab one of the top talents in this entire draft. By falling back then trading back up, Miami will have the guarantee of landing either Chase/Waddle/Smith, Sewell, or Pitts. If they stay put, I can see them easily going with Pitts over the Top 3 WRs even though they already have a valuable TE in Gesecki. Let's be real: Pitts (and Gesecki to a lesser extent) is a WR. Sure, he's 6'6" and weighs close to 250lbs, but the dude is running in the mid 4.4s (something most 6'2"-6'4" WRs struggle to accomplish. He is a smooth route runner and has incredible hands, checking off all the boxes. He and Gesecki, along with Fuller and Parker, will give Tua loads of weapons to throw to next year. However, don't put aside the Phins trading down once again if Fields slips and an offer from the Panthers or Broncos is too good to pass up on.

#7 Overall - Detroit Lions: Jamar Chase WR LSU
With Pitts off the board, this selection really comes down to one of the Top 3 WRs since the Lions have barely any weapons for Goff to throw to. I settled on Chase since Waddle is more of a speed guy (Goff doesn't have that great of an arm) and Smith has some concerns in terms of size and overall speed. If Chase produces at his Pro Day, especially with Smith opting out of doing so, I think he will be a lock to be WR1.

#8 Overall - Carolina Panthers: Mac Jones QB Alabama
And the Search For A Franchise QB Panic begins! With the Top 4 QBs already off the board and Watson in serious legal jeopardy, the Panthers decide to risk it with Jones. It's obvious Jones can thrive when everything around him is in perfect order, and with weapons in the backfield and outside, the Panthers believe they can provide this to him. Is he better than Bridgewater? I don't think so, but then again, I'm not a NFL GM.

#9 Overall - Denver Broncos: Micah Parsons LB Penn State
With the Top 5 QBs all gone, the Broncos decide to roll with Lock and simply look to beef up their defense. Their biggest need is at CB, but I think it would be hard to pass up on Parsons after the Pro Day he just had. The Broncos could have a very scary front seven with the likes of Miller, Chubb, and Parsons at full strength.

#10 Overall - Dallas Cowboys: Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina
Since the Cowboys are loaded on offensive, I think they have to go defense at #10. I've haven't had them going with a CB just yet, but I think there is more talent there than at Edge Rusher at this point in the draft. Surtain and Farley have been the favorites to be CB1 for the entire process, but after his Pro Day, I think Jerry Jones might like Horn a little bit more. The kid showed moxie by running a few fractions of second faster and putting up an additional bench rep than Surstain, and the Cowboys could use that type of confidence and spunk on their defense.

#11 Overall - New York Giants: Devonta Smith WR Alabama
After signing both Galladay and Jackson in Free Agency, I think the Giants' greatest needs lie at OT and DE. However, even with all the Edge Rushers still available and Slater on the board, I settled on Smith instead. Why you ask? Well, for two reasons. The first: I don't think it could hurt giving Jones an extra weapon to throw to considering all the troubles he has had thus far in his career. And secondly: You cannot allow the Eagles, one of your divisional rivals, to get him when you have the ability to prevent it.

#12 Overall - Philadelphia Eagles: Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
Since the Eagles are now forced to going with Hurts as their starter for next year, they might as well give him a weapon to see if he can indeed start in this league for years to come. Waddle is the most explosive WR in this entire draft, and though Hurts might not have the best arm to fully utilize this skill set, you can't pass on the play-making ability Waddle with have for years to come.

#13 Overall - Los Angeles Chargers: Rashawn Slater OT/G/C Northwestern
The Chargers have done a great job rebuilding their OL in Free Agency, so much so that they could honestly look elsewhere at #13. But since Slater is still available and can play anywhere along the OL, the Chargers decide it couldn't help getting Herbert some additional blocking. It can only help further his progression as a QB.

#14 Overall - Minnesota Vikings: Jaelan Phillips DE Miami (FL)
This pick came down to either a DE or OT, but I went with who I think will be the Top Edge Rusher after all the Pro Days are completed. Phillips has incredible size, and he put up amazing numbers last year. He is a bit of a one year wonder, so the the Vikings will have to groom him properly so they can get the much needed production out of him. If Slater was still available, I think it would be hard for them to pass on him, though.

#15 Overall - New England Patriots: Davis Mills QB Standford
I'm going to have some fun here and cause absolute havoc in this Mock Draft. I mean, if Christian Ponder was once a Top 10 Selection based off of having a decent Senior Bowl, why can't the same happen for Davis Mills after his incredible Pro Day? Will Mills likely go in the 2nd? Of course, but that hasn't stopped teams from reaching before. And why can't the Pats do the same if the Top 5 QBs are already gone and they can't obtain Jimmy G? Mills was a former 5 Star Recruit out of High School, and he is a natural thrower. People use to compare him to Cousins, but after running a 4.58 and dropping dimes at his Pro Day, Mills clearly has far more talent and potential than that. The Pats also have Newton as an added benefit, allowing Mills to sit for at least this year and learn the Patriot Way & System.

#16 Overall - Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
I swear... If the Cardinals are able to get one of the Top 3 CBs to pair with the additions of Green, Watt, and Butler (assuming they also resign Fitzgerald), I'm definitely going to be putting some money on them as a Super Bowl Dark Horse. Surtain easily could be off the board by now, but I have a feeling at least one of the Top CBs will still be available. Butler and Surtain would see the Cardinals finally having a talented CB duo.

Warrior13 Posted: 12:29 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453797
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
#17 Overall - Las Vegas Raiders: Jayson Oweh DE Penn State
After getting rid of 3/5 of their Offensive Line, the Raiders could easily go with one of the many OT still on the board. But I think they will finally address their pass rushing woes instead, and by doing so in Al Davis fashion by drafting an absolute athletic freak in Oweh. With speed and measurables like Oweh, he should be going much higher than this. However, he never produced big numbers in college, which is concern. Perhaps Gruden will be able to unlock and unleash his true potential.

#18 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
It's hard to not go with an Edge Rusher here after seeing how horrible Miami's pass rush was last year, but I think the safe bet would be to pick Owusu-Koramoah instead if he is still available. Rousseau might have a high ceiling, but he has some serious bust potential; Paye never produced big numbers in college, and his numbers weren't as freakish as people thought they would be (though still incredible). Owusu is an upgrade at LB for the Phins with his speed and tackling ability.

#19 Overall - Washington Redskins: Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
I don't like having Farley drop this far, but it could easily happen since he wasn't able to participate in his Pro Day due to his last surgery (even more so if as many QBs are selected as I have). Washington has a number of holes to fill despite being a playoff contender, sort of like how things are in Miami. Farley would at least fill their need at CB, having loads of potential after his huge 2019 Season.

#20 Overall - Chicago Bears: Alijah Vera-Tucker OT/G USC
I would hate to be a Chicago Bears Fan. They had to settle for Andy Dalton after not being able to get Watson or Wilson, and they'll likely not be able to draft one of the Top QBs unless giving up the far. I can't see that happening since Dalton should at least see them as Wild Card Contenders. With that said, I went with them fixing one of their holes on the OL. Vera-Tucker can play either Guard (likely) or Tackle, and the Bears just so happen to have needs at both positions.

#21 Overall - Indianapolis Colts: Kwity Paye DE Michigan
If one of the Top 3 CBs were still available, I'd have to imagine the Colts would go with them instead. But since they aren't and a few Edge Rushers are, I went in that direction instead. Paye is monster, running in the 4.5s despite being close to 6'3" and weighing what he does. The Colts will have to mold him, but if they can tap into his potential, pairing him the accomplished Buckner, they could have a frightening D-Line.

#22 Overall - Tennessee Titans: Rondale Moore WR Purdue
The Titans believe they have fixed their passing rushing troubles after signing Dupree (they could still resign Clowney to further help), but they now find themselves with various holes after free agency. They decided to nix their entire secondary, and though they have signed a few players to fill those voids, they could easily go in that direction here. However, I have them going with a WR to fill the spot of Davis. Rondale Moore is a Tyreek Hill Prototype, and I think Vrabel would love having a guy like that across the middle of the field. It should open things up further for Tannehill and Henry.

#23 Overall - New York Jets: Kadarisu Toney WR Florida
I was seriously considering the Jets going with the next best CB here in hopes of finding their next Revis, but I settled with keeping Toney here instead. Toney could easily fall into the 2nd Round with his injury history and somewhat erratic catching, but I think the idea of pairing Wilson's arm with a speed demon like Toney is almost too good to pass up on here. The Jets could look to improve their secondary on Day 2.

#24 Overall - Pittsburgh Steelers: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
Since Big Ben will be the starting QB for the Steelers for at least another year, I've come around to the idea of them drafting some OL help to keep him as healthy as possible. I still think RB could be in play here, but the Steelers could easily get more value for the position on Day 2. Darrisaw looks like a Steeler in every aspect. He might not be a mean and nasty OT, but he is a hard worker that consistently gets the job done.

#25 Overall - Jacksonville Jaguars: Jackson Carmen OT Clemson
I think the Jaguars could go another of different places here, but I'm hearing and reading that Carmen, despite not working out at his Pro Day, could still sneak into the first round. The Jags have needs all across their OL, and I think Carmen could easily fit the bill (even if that means only as a Guard). He's a freakish athlete, and since he has blocked for Lawrence for the past three years, I think it would provide more comfortability for the young Franchise QB.

#26 Overall - Cleveland Browns: Gregory Rousseau DE Miami (FL)
This could be an absolute steal for the Browns if Rousseau turns out not to be a bust. He put up huge numbers in 2019, but he sat 2020, making him a one year wonder. He also doesn't look like that much of an athlete, which could hurt him in the Pros if he doesn't have power and moves to make up for that. However, if he does pan out, having him across Garrett would be a nightmare for opposing QBs.

#27 Overall - Baltimore Ravens: Azeez Ojulari DE Georgia
And the rich get richer... After signing Watkins to be their WR2 behind Hollywood Brown, I think it is safe to say the Ravens will be going with an Edge Rusher in the first round if one is available. Luckily for them, the very talented Ojulari is still on the board. Ojulari still needs to fill out a bit to play in the Pros, but he is long and fast. Some believe he is the best overall pass rusher in the draft, which is something the Ravens could use.

#28 Overall - New Orleans Saints: Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
The Saints lost Brees this offseason, and I have a feeling they are going to try to load up the offense as much as possible to help Winston/Hill succeed next year. Bateman is a fringe Day 1-Day 2 Prospect, but after showing he does indeed have speed, I think it could be enough for the Saints to pull the trigger on him. He's tall and a good route runner, and though he didn't get much separation in college, he does have the speed to play on paper. He reminds me a little of Michael Thomas, so what could be better than Thomas teaching Bateman some of his tricks on how to get as open as he does.

#29 Overall - Green Bay Packers: Jamin Davis LB Kentucky
The Packers have been heavily scouting CBs this offseason, which comes at no surprise with how they lost the NFC Championship. However, since they did resign CB King in free agency, I'd have to think they will hold off on drafting one, if at all, until Day 2. If they do go CB here, Campbell and Newsome seem to be the favorites as CB4. i have them going with a LB instead, one of the many needs they seem to have. Davis is skyrocketing up the draft, being an excellent tackler and having incredible speed when in coverage. He should help ease some of the troubles with the Packers' secondary since he is able to cover.

#30 Overall - Buffalo Bills: Najee Harris RB Alabama
Even though Zaven Collins in still available and the Bills don't really have a need at RB, I think it would be too much of an upgrade to pass on at this point. Harris could easily be off the board by this pick, but if he isn't, I know I would take him in a heartbeat. The Bills don't have the type of offense to go toe to toe with the Chiefs, and because of this, they have to slow down the game and make every possession count. Harris would be able to further aid with this.

#31 Overall - Kansas City Chiefs: Tyson Campbell CB Georgia
I have a feeling the Chiefs will likely be drafting a big fatty for their OL at this pick, but if I were in the position of their GM, I wouldn't miss out on nabbing a good CB if one is still available. This draft is extremely deep at OT, and there is a good chance that the Chiefs could grab a talented one in the 2nd Round (or at least trade up for one at a cheaper cost on Day 2). They Chiefs have needed to draft a CB since letting Peters go years ago, but they haven't. Campbell is both tall and fast, something that is highly coveted in today's NFL.

#32 Overall - Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Christian Barmore DT Alabama
This pick came down to Collins and Barmore for me, two guys that are both freaks of nature in their own right. I decided to go ahead and slot Barmore to the Bucs instead of Collins since he has played DL throughout college, while Collins looks more like a Edge Rusher in the Pros rather than a LB (what he was in college). The Bucs defeated the Chiefs in the Super Bowl by constantly pressuring Mahomes, and they will need to continue to build their DL if they hope to repeat since the Chiefs have made a couple of upgrades already along their O-Line.

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:45 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453801
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 158
+
Very nice. I doubt that Farley will drop that far, and have my doubts about Horn being taken over both him and Surtain, but I could see it. The big crazy there is the Patriots taking Mills, which I really, really doubt, but crazier things have happened.

I've seen reports that Burrow wants Cincy to draft JaMarr chase, but I also think they'll take Sewell. You'd think Burrow would learn from his injury that protecting his body is the most important factor in his success.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:53 Mar27 2021 Post ID: 3453803
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, probably not. Obviously could flip Horn and Farley, that would probably make more sense. I'm just having fun while they still don't count. lol

Yeah, I just read that about Burrow and Chase. They did sign a few OL in Free Agency, but I don't think they are LT material. That said, they can probably still get a OT early in 2nd. I don't know, but the simulator I posted said Chase to the Bengals would still be an A Grade. I'm sticking with Sewell/Pitts probably. Murray wanted Ceedee Lamb last year, but the Cardinals went with Simmons. Coaches & GMs will always have final say.

Sanzano Posted: 04:29 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453807
Sanzano
Post Likes: 74
+
Great work Warrior13, I can't disagree with anything really. I was a bit surprised you didn't have Patrick Surtain going to the Cowboys. Who knows your guess is as good as anyones. I'm hoping the Cowboys do what they did last year and take another wide reciever. Last thing I want is for Dallas to pick up decent defensive players.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:33 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453809
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, outside of Horn to the Cowboys and Mills to the Patriots, everything else is basically in line with what could happen. I was going to put a WR to the Packers, but they have never done so before and they have done a number of weird things in the Flores era. LB, CB, OT, and WR are all needs, and since the OT and WR Classed are relatively deep, I think the Packers could easily go defense in the 1st Round.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:13 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453810
steelersrock01
+
My April Mock

1. JAX - QB Lawrence
2. NYJ - QB Wilson
3. SF - QB Fields
4. ATL - QB Lance
5. CIN - OL Sewell
6. MIA - TE Pitts
7. DET - WR Chase
8. CAR - WR Smith
9. DEN - OL Slater
10. DAL - CB Surtain
11. NYG - WR Waddle
12. PHI - LB Parsons
13. LAC - OL Darrisaw
14. MIN - EDGE Paye
15. NE - QB Jones
16. ARI - CB Farley
17. LV - DL Barmore
18. MIA - LB Owusu-Koramoah
19. WAS - CB Horn
20. CHI - OL Vera-Tucker
21. IND - EDGE Oweh
22. TEN - WR Bateman
23. NYJ - HB Harris
24. PIT - OL Leatherwood
25. JAX - WR Toney
26. CLE - EDGE Rousseau
27. BAL - EDGE Ojulari
28. NO - WR R. Moore
29. GB - LB Bolton
30. BUF - CB Molden
31. KC - OL Cosmi
32. TB - EDGE Phillips

Some thoughts:

4 straight QBs to start, which I think seems likely. Cincy will take Sewell despite Burrow wanting a WR. I think Miami will take Pitts at 6, and may take Harris at 18, if not I think they'll go LB. I almost had the Panthers taking Mac Jones but I don't think they see a future in him and decide to add another weapon instead. The Chargers may slightly reach for Darrisaw at 13, but they'll be desperate to protect Herbert.

I think Jones will fall to NE at 15. IND may take a WR to complement Hilton and Pittman, but I think they'll end up going Edge. NYJ may look elsewhere, and if they don't take Harris I think Pitt will. Jax may take O Line, but I think they'll add another weapon for Lawrence. I can also see GB taking a WR or a CB, but they tend not to draft WR in the first.

BUF doesn't have many holes. I can see them taking an LB or a D Line, but I have them going for CB here. The Chiefs should be adding O Line here. TB likewise doesn't have an obvious hole on the roster but with Pierre-Paul being 32 on an expiring contract I like them taking a pass rusher who could end up being a steal.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:50 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453811
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not too shabby. I could see like 90-95%% of that easily happening.

I think if Bills go CB, Campbell or Newsome are currently the favorites to be CB4.

I think Bolton could go late in the 1st, but I think he's more likely a high 2nd Rounder from what I'm reading. Davis from Kentucky is soaring lately, and I think he will be LB2 unless he doesn't test well at his upcoming Pro Day.

Phillips is pretty low. I'm sure the Bucs would be thrilled to nab him at the end of the 1st, but I've seen him as high as #10 and as low as #26.

The Broncos talking Slater over all the Cornerbacks and Parsons would be bold. They do have a need at RT, but this draft is deep at OT. Their defense was horrible last year (albeit without Miller and a bang Chubb).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 28th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:22 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453812
steelersrock01
+
I can see Denver taking Parsons but not a CB at this point because they signed both Ronald Darby and Kyle Fuller and locked up Justin Simmons, so I don't think DB is such a huge need for them anymore.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:31 Mar28 2021 Post ID: 3453813
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I do not consider either of those guys CB1s, especially in a Division with Mahomes, Carr, and Herbert, but I guess they might. Even if they skip CB, hard to pass on Parsons after his Pro Day.
Sanzano Posted: 09:08 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453818
Sanzano
+
Is this Horn cornerback any good, I'm starting to see his name associated with Washington quite a bit now. I'd rather they got a linebacker.

I'm not sure that linebacker David Mayo is any good. Rivera is slowly turning Washington into the Panthers of a couple of years ago, Mayo is another Panthers player, that's about six all in all now. They include quarterback Taylor Heinicke, linebackers Jared Norris and Jordan Kunaszyk and cornerback Cole Luke and wide reciever Curtis Samuel. Much of the Washington assistant coaching staff and football operations staff were also in Carolina.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:20 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453819
steelersrock01
+
A lot of things I've seen is that Horn will be like the 1-4 CB to get drafted. You might know his name more because his dad was a pretty good receiver for the Saints in early 2000s. Patrick Surtains dad also had a nice career as a CB. Asante Samuel's kid is a CB in this draft too but he doesn't seem to be getting as much hype.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Mar 29th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 12:07 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453821
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, Horn could be the Top CB Draft or he could be the 3rd. It all depends on the team drafting him. If Cowboys fall in love with him, he could go as high as #10. If the Cowboys pick Surtain, Horn could fall to #12 with the Eagles, #15 with the Pats (depending on how the QBs fall), or to the Cardinals at #16. If Surtain & Farley are CB1 & CB2, Horn could easily fall to the Redskins at #19.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:45 Mar29 2021 Post ID: 3453822
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Pretty sure DE Phillips will be the DE1 in the draft. Former 5 Star Recruit, and he had a huge year last year. 6-5 260lbs. 6-7 wingspan. 36 inch vertical jump. 10-5 broad jump. 21 bench reps. 4.56 forty. Freak.

Rousseau did well at his Pro Day as well, should definitely be a 1st. 6-6 265lbs. 6-9 wingspan. 30 inch vertical. 21 bench reps. 4.7 forty. Well better than what most were expecting.

Both have huge bust potential, but all the 1st Round DEs seem to do this year.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:40 Mar30 2021 Post ID: 3453825
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Remember, everyone...

April 1st Mock Draft: Final Mock Draft That Won't Count in terms of points.

April 15th Trades Mock Draft: Won't count as well with points, just for fun. Must include at least ten trades.

Final Mock Draft Guidelines:
1) Must be submitted before April 29th. Can be edited up until the Draft begins on April 29th.

2) Do not include trades in this mock. Explanation below.

3) 1 Point will be awarded for slotting player to correct team OR pick number.

Example #1: You slot QB Wilson to go #2 to the Jets, and this happens on draft night. You would get one point if this happens since you had Wilson to the Jets / Wilson going #2. You do not get double points for correct pick number and correct team.

Example #2: You slot QB Wilson to go #2 to the Jets. The Jets trade down but the team that trades up still drafts Wilson. You get one point if this happens since you still had Wilson going #2.

Example #3: You slot QB Wilson to go #2 to the Jets. The Jets trade down and the team that trades up doesn't draft Wilson. Instead, Wilson somehow falls to the Jets at whatever number they're picking. You get one point if this happens since you still had Wilson going to the Jets.

As you can see, this points system makes it pointless to include trades while still maximizing the chances to earn as many point as possible. If you think the Panthers or Broncos will trade up to draft a specific QB, simply mock that same player to that given team at the number they currently have.

4) If y'all want, we can also do a Round 2 ReMock with the players still available after the 1st Round. We did this last year, and I believe Matt actually got a few correct picks.

If memory serves, I won last year by getting 9 Correct 1st Round Picks (actually get all nine in the first ten selections, stupid Giants ruined everything by not draft Wirfs -- another time). Dennis somehow got some later 1st Round Picks correct, and I believe he finished in 2nd with 8 correct picks. Matt was one or two behind him, but he won overall in terms of how many he got right in all our mocks (not doing that this time around, especially since he's missed a deadline -- all okay).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 30th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 12:00 Mar31 2021 Post ID: 3453833
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I decided to go ahead and get my Trades Mock Draft done and out of the way. I considered including a Watson trade, but I can't see any team trading a 1st Rounder (or multiple for that matter) for him until he settles out of court with all of these lawsuits (as well as publicly apologizes and gets some mental health help). I also was toying around with a Darnold trade, but I doubt that will be for anything more than a Day 2 pick at this point. Long story short: all ten of the trades I went with involve pick for picks.

#1 Overall - Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
Coach Urban Meyer has recently stated the Jags will be selecting Lawrence. It's a done deal.

#2 Overall - New York Jets: Zach Wilson QB BYU
Similar to how it is no secret that Lawrence will be drafted by the Jags, so the same for Wilson to the Jets. I would be shocked if they didn't at this point.

#3 Overall - San Francisco 49ers: Mac Jones QB Alabama
Going to slot Mac Jones here for at least this Trades Mock. Not sure if I will have him at #3 for my Final Mock Draft, but all signs point to him being a 49er at this point.

Trade #1: Falcons trade #4 to the Broncos for #9, #40 & 2022 1st Rounder

#4 Overall - Denver Broncos: Justin Fields QB Ohio State
It's a steep price to leap only five spots, but Elway finally gets his prized signal collar. He decides to go with Fields over Lance since the former is far more ready at this point.

#5 Overall - Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell OT Oregon
Though Burrow wants his team to pick his college buddy, the Bengals wisely get their Franchise QB so much needed protection.

Trade #2: Dolphins trade #6 to the Redskins for #19, #51, #74, #82 & 2022 1st Rounder

#6 Overall - Washington Redskins: Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
It was a heavy price to pay, but Rivera essentially completes the quick rebuild of the Redskins. Fitzpatrick will mentor Lance before he takes over in 2022.

#7 Overall - Detroit Lions: Jamar Chase WR LSU
The Lions give Goff a weapon since he has basically none outside of Hockenson.

Trade #3: Panthers trade #8 to the Cardinals for #16, #49 & 2022 2nd Rounder

#8 Overall - Arizona Cardinals: Kyle Pitts TE Florida
With no QBs left on the board, the Panthers decide to forgo drafting Pitts and instead slide down to gain more draft picks. They don't receive that great of an offer, but they settle for dropping down eight slots while gaining two 2nd Rounders. On the flip side, the Cardinals give Murray yet another weapon, cementing their dark horse contender status for next year.

Trade #4: Falcons trade #9 to the Patriots for #15, #96, #122

#9 Overall - New England Patriots: Devonta Smith WR Alabama
The Falcons slide down once more and gain more picks, while the Patriots jump up to get a true WR1. Perhaps the Patriots follow up by sending Cam and their 2022 2nd Rounder for Jimmy G.

#10 Overall - Dallas Cowboys: Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina
The Cowboys get their secondary some additional help. Horn is really starting to rise.

#11 Overall - New York Giants: Micah Parsons LB Penn State
Though Waddle is still on the board, Parsons is too enticing to pass on at this point.

#12 Overall - Philadelphia Eagles: Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
The Eagles get Hurts a dynamic weapon over the middle and deep.

#13 Overall - Los Angeles Chargers: Rashawn Slater OT/G/C Northwestern
The Chargers try to trade back, but ultimately they play it safe with drafting Slater after not getting any worthwhile trade.

Trade #5: Vikings trade #14 to the Falcons for #15 & 2022 3rd Rounder

#14 Overall - Atlanta Falcons: Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
Fearful they might have another team steal the player on their radar, the Falcons pay a bit of a premium moving up one. Surtain and Terrell could be a dynamic young CB duo for the next decade.

Trade #6: Vikings trade #15 to the Jets for #23 & #66

#15 Overall - New York Jets: Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
After seeing Surtain come off the board, the Jets do a similar move with the Vikings as the Falcons did to nab the last of the Top 3 CBs.

#16 Overall - Carolina Panthers: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
The Panthers walk away with Owusu after not getting their future QB. Not a bad consolation prize.

#17 Overall - Las Vegas Raiders: Christian Derrisaw OT Virginia Tech
The Raiders need help on both sides of their Line. Gonna go with the offensive side unlike my regular Mock Draft.

#18 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Jaelan Phillips DE Miami (FL)
The Dolphins were hoping for Owusu to fall to them, but they settle for selecting who they believe is the best overall pass rusher in the draft.

Trade #7: Dolphins trade #19 & #156 to the Ravens for #27 & #58

#19 Overall - Baltimore Ravens: Gregory Rousseau DE Miami (FL)
Not wanting any of their Divisional Rivals to have the chance at DE2, the Ravens are willing to pay up to kill to birds with one stone.

#20 Overall - Chicago Bears: Alijah Vera-Tucker OT/G USC
With no QBs left, the Bears settle for protecting the ones they are stuck with.

#21 Overall - Indianapolis Colts: Jackson Carmen OT Clemson
The Colts decide to go offense over defense here, getting a massive body to protect the blindside of Wentz.

#22 Overall - Tennessee Titans: Greg Newsome CB II CB Northwestern
After getting rid of their entire secondary, the Titans decide to start their since the WR Class is deep.

#23 Overall - Minnesota Vikings: Azeez Ojulari DE Georgia
The VIkings finally stay put and draft who some believe to be the most polished DE in this draft.

#24 Overall - Pittsburgh Steelers: Jayson Oweh DE Penn State
With no OTs worth picking at this point, the Steelers draft a physical specimen to put across from Watt.

Trade #8: Jaguars trade #25 to the Buccaneers for #32, #137 & #176

#25 Overall - Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Kwity Payne DE Michigan
With the DEs coming off the board like hotcakes, the Bucs jump to get the last of the best of them.

#26 Overall - Cleveland Browns: Christian Barmore DT Alabama
The Browns get Myles Garrett some help along their DL.

Trade #9: Dolphins trade #27 to the Packers for #29, #135 & #142

#27 Overall - Green Bay Packers: Asanta Samuel Jr. CB Florida State
The Packers leapfrog the Saints in fear of them losing their guy. Campbell is considered better than Samuel, but the Packers have visited multiple times with the latter.

#28 Overall - New Orleans Saints: Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
The Saints give Winston & Hill a true WR2.

#29 Overall - Miami Dolphins: Alex Leatherwood OT/G Alabama
The Dolphins grab an OL that Tua is familiar with.

#30 Overall - Buffalo Bills: Tyson Campbell CB Georgia
The Bills go with value over need with this one.

#31 Overall - Kansas City Chiefs: Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
With all the CBs now gone, the Chiefs get a big fatty to continue their OL rebuild.

Trade #10: Jaguars trade #32 to the Falcons for #35 & #96

#32 Overall - Atlanta Falcons: Davis Mills QB Stanford
The Falcons acquired #96 earlier in the night, but they decide the 5th year option for a QB they can develop behind Ryan is worth giving it up.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 31st 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 07:47 Apr01 2021 Post ID: 3453839
Sanzano
+
Love the trade up to get Trey Lance for Washington, if only that would happen. Now sure about Mac Jones to the 49rs to be honest with the number 3 pick, I can see the 49rs taking Lance or Fields. Not sure what the Jets are waiting for with Darnold, I would have thought as soon as everyone knows the Jets are drafting a quarterback the value of Darnold plummets as he becomes excess to requirments. I'm beginning to wonder if the Jets are going to keep Darnold knowing that the number two pick could end up being in a bidding war between 2-3 teams. Great mock draft Warrior13, thoroughly enjoyed going through it.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:20 Apr01 2021 Post ID: 3453841
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm hearing rumbles that the Redskins might leap. Might as well predict it in the trades mock. I think there is a real shot Fields & Lance could fall if the 49ers select Jones, obviously so if the Falcons go with Pitts (which is sounding more and more of a possibility).
Displaying Page 31 of 35
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close