Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 09:25 Feb05 2020 Post ID: 3449692
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
No way the Skins get rid of Sweat after one year. They'll ditch Kerrigan for sure after draft Young, but not Sweat. Sweat, Payne, and Allen will all see a jump in stats with Young lined up with them; offenses will have no choice but to basically go one on one versus each of them. And as the Niners showed this year, that will work to the Skins advantage.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 10:05 Feb05 2020 Post ID: 3449695
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Dennis - Most scouts say that Young will be better than both Joey and Nick Bosa. In short, they project him to be the best edge rusher in the NFL.

I'm not sure what happened with Montez Sweat. I don't think I ever saw his name mentioned in ANYTHING I read last season. Maybe his form didn't deserve getting mentioned, but it felt like the media forgot he existed.

Rivera needs to decide whether Sweat has what it takes under his system. If he doesn't then as you say Washington may trade him away in a similar way that Miami traded Minkah Fitzpatrick (he didn't fit Miami's system, or locker room culture). But I'm sure he'll be fine and will be given at least 1 more season to prove himself.

The latest rumour I'm hearing is that Garoppolo and Brady may swap teams. Brady was from San Francisco and grew up following them, and Garoppolo was drafted by New England, and specifically Belichick. A deal like this would allow San Francisco to contend for the SB for 2 more years, and for the New England dynasty to continue for potentially 6 more years...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:42 Feb06 2020 Post ID: 3449697
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
That would be a bizarre turn of events if that happened. I'm not sure who would get the better end of the deal. Garappolo as he showed in the Super Bowl is another Kirk Cousins, the guy does not perform under pressure. Not something Belichick and the Patriots are used to having in their ranks. Brady to the 49rs thinking about it now seems like the better deal. No way would the 49rs have lost that Super Bowl with Brady leading the team. I'm sure Kyle Shanahan's play calling would have more positive with Brady than it was with Garappolo. I'm not a Brady fan but I'd love to see him go to San Francisco and fullful his childhood dream of winning a Super Bowl with the 49rs. Just think how good that young 49r team would suddenly become if a living legend was suddenly their leader. Their confidence would go up another level.

Yes, I can see what you mean about Sweat Warrior. I notice that the teams in the NFC East are projected to draft the best offensive linemen coming out of college. I wonder why lol.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Feb06 2020 Post ID: 3449700
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Giants could use it. If not, they will upgrade by choosing Jeudy.

I haven't seen anything about the Cowboys or Eagles drafting O-Lineman. Cowboys need defensive help, especially in their secondary. Eagles need the same as well, and perhaps another WR or two.
Sanzano Posted: 01:51 Feb07 2020 Post ID: 3449705
Sanzano
+
Giants will have no choice but to select the best offensive lineman possible if Washington take Chase Young. They'll be facing him twice a year and somebody will need to protect Jones from the predator. Cardinals will probably pick up Juedy to replace Fitzgerald.

As for the Cowboys, looks like they've lost Amari Cooper to the Eagles oouch! Brady to San Francisco is becoming more of a possibility by the day. Garapollos days in the bay area are numbered, he's another Kirk Cousing, he doesn't have that something special all the great ones have when the chips are down. Unfortunately for Garapollo he got exposed on the biggests stage...the Super Bowl. Kyle Shanahan, Mr 28-3 has been beaten in the fourth quarter of the last two Super Bowls 40-0.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:32 Feb07 2020 Post ID: 3449706
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I still think Brady will resign with the Pats. Not sure years and money, but I would have to imagine 100% guaranteed at this point. If he leaves, then yes, I think San Fran just because they have a lot of tools right now and he grew up a Niners Fan. I personally wouldn't go there because, as you mentioned Dennis, Shanahan is a coke artist. Up 28-3 against the Pats at half, and you lose 34-28 in OT. Up 20-10 on the Chiefs going into the 4th Quarter, and you lose 31-20 in Regulation. That's pathetic. Outscored 52-0 in the final three quarters combined of those given Super Bowls.
Matt77 Posted: 03:30 Feb08 2020 Post ID: 3449711
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
NY Giants and Arizona have horrible o-lines. They both MUST draft an o-lineman with their 1st round pick. If they don't, their respective sophomore QBs will be at high risk of getting injured.

Dennis, Dallas were going to have to lose someone. Their cap space is getting tight, and to make matters worse, a few weeks ago Dak Prescott rejected a 33 million per season contract (he wants to be the highest paid QB in the NFL). I'm enjoying seeing that franchise slowly implode. I'm sure you are too Cool

Yes, Shanahan is a choke artist Warrior. But coke artist? I'll have to look into that one Dancing
Being serious though, that is a disgrace what he has produced in the later stages of Superbowls. I still am scarred to this day of looking at the final score of the SB after seeing the HT score of 21-3 a few hours before.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 09:20 Feb08 2020 Post ID: 3449721
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Giants O-Line isn't that bad. Jones was only hit as much as he was last year because he tended to hold onto the ball way to long some plays. Most throws need to be out of the QB's hand at about three seconds after the snap. You can't really ask your O-Line for more than that in professional football.

We all know it's going to be Juedy or Thomas going to the Giants, unless they dip out of #4 should the Redskins and Lions stay put (and the Lions don't draft a QB). Even if they fall back to #6 or #7 (assuming the Chargers or Panthers are jumping up to nab a QB), the Giants could still have their pick between Thomas and Jeudy. If they trade back with the Raiders for both of their 1st Rounders (again, assuming only Burrow is off the board by the #4 Selection), the Giants might still be able to get one of the two (more likely Wirfs/Wills or Lamb).
Matt77 Posted: 10:01 Feb08 2020 Post ID: 3449725
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lonely God, Andrew Thomas isn't the #1 o-lineman in the draft. He used to be, but Wills overtook him for some reason. No way is Thomas one of only two options for NY Giants.

And as Dennis pointed out, it can't hurt getting an upgrade in the o-line if Chase Young will play against them twice a year.

You're right, NY Giants should trade down. At least two of Wills, Thomas, and Jeudy will be available at 6/7.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:49 Feb09 2020 Post ID: 3449729
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't know where you're getting Wills is the Top OL in the draft. Thomas has been and still is by the thoughts of most analysts. A few think Wirfs might be better, but not Wills. Everything I'm seeing has Wills either at #2 or #3 behind Thomas or Thomas & Wirfs.

Of course it couldn't hurt to add an extra OL for the Giants, but it's not their #1, #2 or even #3 need. The Giants need an Edge Rusher the most, followed by a LB or two, a true #1 WR, and then maybe an OL. Say they do get #12 and #19 if Burrow is the only QB that goes in the Top 3, the best bet for the Giants is that either Lamb or Jeudy is there at #12 and then either Epenesa or Gross-Matos is there at #19. They could then grab an OL or LB early in the 2nd Round.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 9th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 09:05 Feb09 2020 Post ID: 3449731
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
http://www.nfl.com/news/sto...s-on-tua

https://www.cbssports.com/n...-ramsey/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020...govailoa

https://247sports.com/nfl/c...849780_5

From glancing at a few and quickly compiling this list, it seems 50/50 whether Wills or Thomas is the #1. A few weeks ago most mocks I read were saying Wills would go ahead, but it's shifted back to 50/50 I guess.

EDIT - My laptop is going in for repairs tomorrow. Not sure how long it will be or whether I'll get access through another computer. SC on mobile is to annoying to navigate. So I may be gone for a little while.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 10th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:59 Feb10 2020 Post ID: 3449736
Sanzano
+
Heard an interesting rumour over the weekend. Apparently Miami management have been heard stating they have the draft capital to get ANYONE in the 2020 draft. I hear that that someone may be Joe Burrow and not Tua like everyone is assuming. There's talk that the Dolphns may offer Cincanatti their 5th pick and another pick in the first round along with a later round pick to jump up and get the signal caller. Cincinnatti would consider it as they'd likely get Tua at pick 5 along with another top player in the first round.

I still personally think the Raiders are going to make a play nearer the time for Tua with a deal with Detroit. Raiders have plenty of draft capital too. I can't wait to see what happens, this is more exciting than the Super Bowl.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:24 Feb10 2020 Post ID: 3449737
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I've heard rumors about the Dolphins wanting Tua, Burrow and even Brady. Tua is the one.
Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Feb11 2020 Post ID: 3449741
Sanzano
+
Warrior13 it's all misdirection at the moment, every team is sending out red herrings to try and put other teams of the scent and make their draft picks more valuable. I wouldn't be surpirsed if Cincinatti did that deal with Miami and pass on Joe Burrow this year and instead get a top flight wide reciever this year like Jerry Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb and a top offensive lineman. The reason I think this is because it's more than likely the Bengals will have the number one pick next year where Trevor Lawrence will be waiting for them.

I hear rumblings that if Tua is medically cleared the Lions will draft him. I think they're after three number ones of Miami Lol.

Warrior13 Posted: 15:30 Feb11 2020 Post ID: 3449742
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Again, it won't cost the Dolphins three 1st Rounders to move up to picks. Remember, it only cost the Bears one 3rd Rounder a few years back to move up one with the 49ers to get Trubisky. The Jets didn't even have to give the Colts a 1st Rounder (three 2nd Rounders instead) to move up three to draft Darnold a few years ago as well. Nor did the Chiefs have to in order to draft Mahomes (two 1st Rounders to move up like ten picks), or even the Falcons to get Julio Jones like a decade ago (two 1st Rounder and a couple of middle rounders to move up over twenty spots).

The only teams to ever do something crazy like that were the Saints for Ricky Williams (every pick they had that year in all seven rounds) and the Redskins for RGIII (three 1st Rounders).

No way to Phins will come close to that. AT MOST it will be #5, #39, and #70 in order to get #3 (and most likely also #99 & #155 to even out the trade). If some team wants to be stupid and give up more than that, and for a player that might have a very short career due to injuries, then they can have Tua. Would rather see the Phins wait for Lawrence instead.

I've also seen the Phins trading with the Redskins recently. Again, the Phins would keep all three of their 1st Rounders. I can't see the Redskins giving up the chance at Chase Young, even if they're scared of having to pay all those D-Linemen in a few years. Young is better than Payne, Allen, and Sweat.

I also hate to admit it, but I've finally seen someone plot Wills to the Giants at #4 (as Matt did in his first Mock Draft). Sounds like a few teams are high on him. I still can't imagine Thomas or Wirfs not going before him, especially after the Combine since I think those two guys are going to tear it up. But I guess we'll see.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 11th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Feb12 2020 Post ID: 3449743
Sanzano
+
Tua's hip has been passed as fully healed, watch his stock rise above Burrows. Tua is the better quarterback, compare the stats and you would pick Tua in an instant. The key is Tua has played and ripped apart the best defenses in college. No way in this world is he available at pick 5, the Dolphins are going to be in a bidding war with about three or four teams. They'll have no choice but to use their draft capital to move up and get him. You may be right about Chase Young, the guy is exceptional, in which case Miami have to pray Detroit don't take Tua or do a trade with them to move up which will now be costly.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:05 Feb12 2020 Post ID: 3449745
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Costly? Yes. Three 1st Rounders? Nope. XD
Sanzano Posted: 01:33 Feb13 2020 Post ID: 3449748
Sanzano
+
This year may be the year Miami picks up a top flight wide reciever and an offensive lineman and they go all in for Trevor Lawrence next year like you say. I can only forsee a bidding war this year for the top two quarterbacks. Not in Miami's interests thinking about it. If they do decide to go for one of them this year it's going to take at least two number 1 picks and maybe something else in a later round. No way in this world will either quarterback be around at pick 5.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 13th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 11:20 Feb13 2020 Post ID: 3449749
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I hope Miami waits for Lawrence, but they won't. They've wanted Tua this whole time.

If the Phins trade with the Redskins (assuming the Bengals go with Burrow), I still think it would only cost a 2nd Rounder and 3rd Rounder (along with #5). The Redskins will lose out on Chase Young, but they could still draft Okudah (to replace/team with Norman), Jeudy (to give Haskins another weapon), or Thomas/Wills (to replace Trent Williams).
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Feb14 2020 Post ID: 3449754
Sanzano
+
No, you're dreaming Warrior13. For the Redskins to pass on Chase Young who is better than both Bosa brothers and will instantly elevate the Redskins defense another level will cost a lot more than what you are offering. I'm beginning to think Chase Young will be chosen by the Redskins anyway. The guy is a sure shot certainty to be a success in the NFL and will be the face of the franchise. Miami are stuffed if Detroit want Tua to take over from Stafford.

I've heard there is also the possibility of the Redskins drafting Tua as the new coach wants his guy in place so it stamps the team as his. I don't think the Redskins coach is sold on Haskins, even the previous coach, Grudden didn't want to draft him. Another disasterous year in 2020 and the Redskins will be looking at Trevor Lawrence.

Displaying Page 4 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close