Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 42 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 13:57 May20 2021 Post ID: 3454286
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I didn't think Bradshaw was that bad, some of those long balls he threw to Swan and Stallworth were things of beauty which get repeatedly shown on NFL history highlights they were that spectacular. Bradshaw started off slow like Elway but he was good enough during the 70's to get the job done in four Super Bowls against Fran Tarkenton of the Vikings and Starbach twice and those Dallas teams were also stacked with talent.

If Starbach played for the Steelers in the 70's I think you'd be looking at six or seven straight Super Bowls. The NFL would have had a problem, Stallworth as Warrior13 suggests was probably their weak link, it wasn't until late in his career that he became a very good quarterback, not quite elite.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Buffalo Bills and their teams of the early 90's didn't win a Super Bowl. I think they got to the big game four consecutive times and lost to three different teams. Mind you they weren't bad teams, I had the Bills beating the Giants.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:24 May20 2021 Post ID: 3454288
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah 4 in a row for the Bills and not back since. Gotta be tough. I'm lucky enough to have seen all my teams have some level of success in my lifetime (Steelers have won 2, the Phillies won the World Series in 2009 and made it in 2008, the Flyers haven't won but have had some very competitive teams, and the 76ers are finally at the level where they can actually compete).

Unfortunately the Phillies have been treading water for a decade, the Flyers had huge hype coming into the season and missed the playoffs, the Steelers are probably going into a downswing, and the Sixers success depends entirely on the fragile health of Joel Embiid and a point guard who can't shoot. Meh.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:13 May20 2021 Post ID: 3454291
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Yeah, been rough for us Dolphins fans. Approaching fifty years since we won our last Super Bowl, almost forty since we last went to one as a whole.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:43 May20 2021 Post ID: 3454292
steelersrock01
+
Do you follow any other pro teams? I know football is your main thing. I can't remember where you're from, actually. For some reason I feel like you're an Iowa Hawkeyes fan but I don't actually know if you're from the midwest.
Sanzano Posted: 02:05 May21 2021 Post ID: 3454293
Sanzano
+
I'm from London, England and live in Barcelona, Spain. The only other sports I follow closely like the NFL is the UFC and boxing. I watch programs and read books on all three sports whenever I can. I'm also a comics geek and have been so since 1977.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:42 May21 2021 Post ID: 3454296
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dolphins are my Pro Football Team, but I'll talk anything NFL. Love college football as a whole as well; my dad grew up in Iowa while my mom actually got her degree from Penn State (that Saturday is always fun) which is why I keep more of an eye on the Big 10. I don't really watch Hockey, but I guess I would say the Penguins are my favorite team simply because Crosby is like the only player I know. lol Favorite MLB Team is the Giants, with the Cubs (dad's favorite) and Yankees (mom's favorite) coming in behind that. But I don't really watch much baseball, like basketball, until the postseason as there are far too many games. That said, Suns and Heat are the teams I like most in the NBA.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:12 May21 2021 Post ID: 3454298
steelersrock01
+
Ah, all over the place lol. I stick with the Philly teams and the Steelers, and I only don't like the Eagles because my parents grew up in the 70s as Cowboys fans.

I have a really casual interest in UFC but don't make too much of effort to keep up. I definitely watch the most NFL games but I'll watch the other playoffs if my teams are involved. I'm not one of those people that can watch a ton of games my teams aren't in, unless it's football. I'll watch pretty much any NFL game when the Steelers aren't televised in my market.
Sanzano Posted: 13:36 May21 2021 Post ID: 3454300
Sanzano
+
In the 70's it was Steelers, Cowboys, and Raiders. Nearly everybody you spoke to was a fan of one of those three teams. All three teams were loaded with talent. I love reading books about those teams, the stories of what they got up to, especially the Raiders is hilarious. No way they would be able to get away with it in this day and age with social media.

I read a lot of books on NFL history, I get them on Amazon second hand for a couple of bucks. I got Gunslinger, the Brett Favre story the other week for five dollars. Great book, I didn't appreciate Favre when he was playing, he would always blow hot and cold. He is like what Ryan Fitzpatrick is now, you just didn't know what player was going to turn up, the quarterback who will throw four Touchdowns and blow the other team away or the guy who throws four Interceptions and loses the game for you by forcing the ball where he had no business throwing.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:50 May21 2021 Post ID: 3454302
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: I'm unique, eccentric. lol My cousin is a Steelers/Phillies Fan (I actually got him a dual shirt of the two logos before) after having been born there, so I get it. Really my entire Aunt's side are Steelers Fans, but I think that can be inherited sometimes. lol I like watching the UFC too, but only the free stuff on ESPN before the Main Cards. I'm cheap. lol That said, that same cousin is big on UFC and usually buys all the bigger PPVs.

Dennis: So true. I grew up mainly in New Mexico, and basically every fan was either for the Broncos (closest), Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers. I guess I know why now. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:59 May21 2021 Post ID: 3454303
steelersrock01
+
No way am I buying a PPV lol. A couple years ago me and some friends went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a fight and they wanted to charge a $20 cover charge and there was an hour wait. Yeah right lol. I don't see much of a point in buying the PPV when you can watch the whole thing on youtube in an hour or find a stream. Like I said, not a huge fan though.

Yeah, tons of people my parents age (50s and 60s) seem to be fans of those 3. I'm only a Steelers fan cause my best bud in 4th grade was (and still is) a diehard and it was time for me to pick my own team.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:02 May21 2021 Post ID: 3454306
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If I'm paying $20+ for some wings, I should at least get a free PPV. XD

My Aunt's Family (used to live in PA) are all Steeler Fans. My Uncle's Family (has lived in Florida basically forever) are all Dolphins Fans. My parents and siblings are the only exception to the rule: my dad is a Chiefs Fan, my mom a Giants Fan, my eldest sister a Colts/Broncos Fan (Peyton Manning lover), my older sister a Patriots/Bucs Fan (Tom Brady lover), myself a Dolphins Fan, my younger sister a Lions Fans (apparently because no one likes the Lions), and my younger brother a Falcons Fan (which we made our family dog as well for the heck of it).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 21st 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:08 May22 2021 Post ID: 3454308
steelersrock01
+
My older brother is a dreaded Cowboys/Yankees combo. Insufferable. I guess he likes the Yanks cause he grew up during that late 90's dynasty of 4 World Series wins in 5 years. Nobody else in my extended family are too big into sports sadly. I have a cousin that seems to change his teams depending on whoever's winning. Funny to see him change his allegiance from the Steelers to the Packers to the Patriots to the Chiefs depending on whoever the favorite is.

I guess I'm lucky to live in an area where we have "hometown" teams so there isn't too much picking and choosing. Never understood people who were fans of a player and chose their team based on that. There were some guys I was friends in high school that were Cavs fans and then Heat fans and then Cavs fans again and now they are Laker fans. Silly IMO.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on May 22nd 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:50 May22 2021 Post ID: 3454310
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't mind people liking the Yankees, but that's because most of my family has always liked them. Could never stand the Broncos and Cowboys fans while in New Mexico; they made the sea of Steelers and Raiders fans far more likeable.

I never understood people that flip flop between winning team, especially since I've been a Dolphins fan for the last two decades, the same that have been absolutely horrible. I think it will make winning, if and when it happens, that much more great. I know it was incredible for my Dad to see the Chiefs win after living through the fifty year drought. This last Super Bowl was tough for him, but I don't think he would trade many things for the one they won.

I get my sisters only liking a team based on a player since they're just girls who don't really care for football otherwise, but I would never do it. I would especially not do it for Lebron. Even with the Heat being one of my favorite NBA Teams, I actually rooted against them in those Finals with him. I will forever be for the team opposite of him in any of the Finals; I don't care for him at all. My love for the Heat came with Shaq & Wade, and it returned once Lebron left town. Butler & Dragic make watching the Heat just as fun as when I first enjoyed watching them. My devotion for the Suns is because Nash was on the team basically every year I was young. They never won the big one, but they had some great teams back then that were incredible to watch (they just could overtake the Lakers and Spurs, but not many did back then).
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:28 May22 2021 Post ID: 3454312
steelersrock01
+
Those Suns teams were awesome. Loved that offense. Lebron really rubs me the wrong way. I was watching the Warrios/Lakers play in game the other night and at the end he got fouled and incidental contact was made with his face and hes rolling around holding his head saying he can't see. Then 30 seconds later play resumes and he drains a 35 foot 3 pointer. Like, dude you can obviously see, and you're so talented why do you act like that? Lebron's whole obviously fake personality bothers me.

The Heat teams now are fun too. I really liked Butler when he was on the Sixers.

And yeah, it is really fun when your team goes through a drought and finally wins one. I know I was ecstatic in 08 when the Phillies won, plus back then I was more into baseball than I am now. I know if the Sixers and Flyers win I'll be going nuts.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:45 May22 2021 Post ID: 3454314
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I completely agree. That was so fake. And after the game ended, he was squinting like he could barely keep it open. Get a real shiner like Nash got against the Spurs that one year and then try to nail a three with only one eye.

Butler is a true baller, Dragic too. (They were the only Heat players that actually owned a hoop for either their driveway or home when Covid shut down the league). I remember when Dragic was on the Suns with Nash when he was WAY younger. I can still recall the game he absolutely won the Suns against the Lakers in the conference finals one year; dude came off the bench and was nailing everything. Kobe and Laker still won the series, but the Suns took them to six games. Not bad for a huge underdog.

I was big into baseball when I was younger too. I literally watched or listened to basically every Cubs game (before I turned officially to the Giants, still before they won three out of five) when they won over a hundred games that one year (somewhere between 2004-2007) and every thought they would finally end their drought.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:00 May22 2021 Post ID: 3454315
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Some interesting tidbits of news...

Apparently, the Jacksonville Jaguars Draft Big Board was revealed within some documentary. They graded on a 0.0-8.0 scale like some recruiters, and, of course, they had Trevor Lawrence at 8.0. But what is interesting is that they had Jaylen Waddle ALSO at 8.0. They also had Jaelan Phillips (both players were selected by the Phins) scored at 7.5, higher than Zach Wilson at 7.0.

Makes you wonder...
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:52 May22 2021 Post ID: 3454316
steelersrock01
+
There is really something special about a baseball game in the middle of the summer when you're a kid. There were some years I had the game on TV or the radio every single day. And I was lucky enough to get to go to a couple Phillies games every single year. One year my buddy and I even got Hall of Fame Diamond level tickets in the 5th row directly behind home plate. Totally awesome experience, and that game was the game the Phillies had this huge 10,000 megapixel photo taken where you could zoom in on individual people's faces. Unfortunately they seem to have removed it form their website and the internet as a whole or I'd post it. I don't go to as many games nowadays cause the Phillies aren't very fun to watch but I still try and go every couple of years.

There's something about the atmosphere of a baseball game that's different. I've been to a few Sixers and Flyers games and even a professional indoor soccer game and it's just not the same. My brother got to see the US beat El Salvador in the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup quarterfinals and from what he's said it's the only thing that compares. I haven't had a chance to see an NFL game though.

Imagine if Jax took Waddle #1 overall. That would've been incredible.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on May 22nd 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:06 May22 2021 Post ID: 3454318
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have only been to a few games, and never that close. Usually down third base line, one time in the outfield. Always a Yankee Game though for my mom. Got to stare at Ichiro?s butt on Independence Day in Jeters final year, Jeter of course not playing. Shame.

I was going to say the same thing. Obviously the Jags would have had to have some sort of answer at QB for that to happen, along with not being able to trade out since WRs never go #1. People still would have freaked since Pitts and Chase were available.

If Waddle and Phillips are as advertised and they pan out, Miami could have gotten two steals.
Sanzano Posted: 03:47 May23 2021 Post ID: 3454323
Sanzano
+
I see Zach Wilson is graded as a boom or bust prospect, I personally think the guy will be a bust. I also think when everything is done and dusted that it will be Trey Lance and not Trevor Lawrence that will be looked upon as the best quarterback in that draft. As for the Jets, if Wilson is a bust they will regret the haul they could have had for trading out of the second overal spot in the 2021 draft. At least three number ones.

I'm not sure about Justin Fields, I just have an awful feeling he will become the next DeShaun Watson and Washington didn't try to trade up to get him. I saw an interesting documentary yesterday that stated that Ryan Fitzpatrick has been the sixth best quarterback in the last two years. I'm also expecting Taylor Heinicke to give Fitzpatrick stiff competition in training camp. I'm wondering how good Heinicke actually is, he's 28 which is not as young as everyone thinks and he played better against the Buccaneers than Mahomes. Washington have upgraded their offensive line which was 6th best in the NFL last year and added speed weapons everywhere.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 23rd 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:44 May23 2021 Post ID: 3454324
steelersrock01
+
I'd like to know by what metric they have Fitzpatrick as the #6 QB the last 2 years. I have a hard time believing he's above Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, Allen, Jackson, Prescott, Tannehill, Watson, Mahomes, Murray, Cousins, Stafford, or even Carr and Roethlisberger. IMO he's a top 15 QB at best. Though I bet there is some specific statistic saying he is near the top on deep balls or "clutch plays" or something.
Displaying Page 42 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close