Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 09:53 Feb14 2020 Post ID: 3449758
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Dennis, please look up the Draft Value Chart. GMs use it to make fair trades involving only draft picks. #2 Overall is valued at 2600 Points. #5, #39, and #70 equal 2,450 points. It's almost a fair trade right there for the Skins & Phins. Add a salary dump for the Skins (perhaps Norman if they no longer want him at like 15 million a year) and it will truly be fair. I've tried telling you it won't cost Miami any of our extra 1st Rounders to move up to #2 or #3. Violin

I don't see the Skins drafting a QB. It only makes sense to nab Young or trade out and get a few key players. If Haskins doesn't improve, the Skins will be terrible once again and will have a shot at Lawrence. So why not fill other needs this draft?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:22 Feb17 2020 Post ID: 3449764
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Warrior13, that points system goes out the window if a team really wants to move up to get a player. That system is more for the middle to late rounds.

Redskins have got rid of Norman and Richardson. The talk now is that the Redskins will trade back with Miami so the Dolphins can get Tua and the Redskins will draft Okudah with their top pick. I hope that doesn't happen, I want Chase Young and use the rest of the draft picks to help Haskins on offense. With the money from getting rid of Norman and Richardson the Redskins should be able to fill holes of needs for the time being.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:23 Feb17 2020 Post ID: 3449765
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The system is for all rounds. You'll see when Miami trades up. No way will we give up any additional 1st Rounders.

Yeah, #2 is the hot spot now simply because if Miami trades to #3, someone will just jump to #2.
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Feb18 2020 Post ID: 3449767
Sanzano
+
I make you right Warrior13, the #2 pick is the hot spot. It's a simple case of how much do you have to give to the Redskins for them to give up Chase Young, a guy better than both Bosa's, a guy that fits perfectly into Jack Del Rio's defensive scheme, an instant starter, and a guy who has the potential to be a Hall of Famer. The more I think about it Warrior the more I am convinced the Redskins will take Chase Young. I personally wouldn't entertain a trade with Miami unless it was for two number #1's this year and their next years number #1 and even then I'd be reluctant. From what I have been told Chase Young is such a dominant force he is a game changer.

I think Miami's best bet is to try and do a deal with Detroit at #3, that one I can see working but like you say if they do that the Raiders or another team will step in and try and make a deal with the Redskins at #2. As things stand at the moment Chase Young is going to Washington unless a team phones the Redskins and offers them a deal they simply cannot refuse.

Is Matt OK Warrior13, I haven't seen him post for quite a few days now.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:14 Feb18 2020 Post ID: 3449771
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt is having computer issues. He mentioned in one of these threads that he might be away while they get resolved. SuperCheats Mobile is very hard to use.

I guess it all depends if the Redskins are truly as worried as some believe they are about paying all those D-Lineman down the road if they draft Young. I would draft him simply because we saw how quickly the Niners were able to turn things around by building a great D-Line. If they are worried about paying them, they might trade back.
Sanzano Posted: 01:35 Feb19 2020 Post ID: 3449773
Sanzano
+
There's always the option of trading players before their contracts are up. I'd rather keep Chase Young than Montell Sweat if push came to shove.

Now you mention it I do recall reading Matt posting something about his computer, I just thought it was one of those issues that gets resolved in a day or two.

Have you heard all the commotion coming out of Miami, apparently they are now interested in Justin Herbert. The Dolphins say he is more of a reliable prospect because there are no injury issues.

What a load of old rubbish, the Dolphins are trying to make out they are interested in Herbert so it doesn't look like too much of a disaster when Tua goes at pick 3 in the draft when the Raiders move up. It looks to me as a case of the Dolphins not wanting to use two first round picks to get Tua and have decided to go for the next best available quarterback which is Herbert. I personally still think Miami's target is Tua but unfortunately for you and Matt I don't think he will be off the board for pick 5.

Joe Burrow has been advised by several veteran quarterbacks not to go to Cincinnatti. If he plays for them he is signed up for 7 years with franchise tags and whatever and the teams management have no intention of competing for a Super Bowl. Burrow was quoted as saying 'I have leverages'. Should be interesting what happens when the home boy is selected by Cincinnatti at pick 1. The way I look at it is does he want to remain a hero in Cincinnati or does he want a decent chance of reaching a Super Bowl with a better team and reaching his potential.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 19th 2020 »

Sanzano Posted: 08:54 Feb19 2020 Post ID: 3449775
Sanzano
+
Looks like I'm right about Miami, insiders say that Detroit want too much for pick 3. The battle plan currently for the Dolphins is:

Pick 5: Justin Herbert
Pick 18: Andrew Thomas
Pick 26: D'Andre Swift

But if A.J. Epenesa is still around at 26 they will take him.

That to me looks like a decent draft. I'd be happy with that if I was a Dolphin fan. Justin Herbert is a monster for a quarterback, he's listed at 6'6 and 237 pounds. He could be another Ben Roethlisberger.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 19th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 10:47 Feb19 2020 Post ID: 3449776
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami's Dream Scenario:
#5 - QB Tua
#18 - OT Wills
#26 - RB Swift

None of that can happen though. All will needed to be traded up in order to obtain.

I'm wondering if the Giants might try to build the next 49ers D-Line. It would be weird, but what if the Bengals draft Burrow, the Phins trade with the Redskins and then draft Tua at #2, and then the Lions draft Herbert to eventually replace Stafford? The Giants would be gifted with Young, the player they've coveted all year long.

Even if that weird scenario doesn't happen, what if the Giant's sign Clowney in Free Agency and then draft a guy like Derrick Brown at #4? Jadeveon Clowney + Derrick Brown + Dexter Lawrence + Leonard Williams would be crazy.
Sanzano Posted: 01:32 Feb20 2020 Post ID: 3449779
Sanzano
+
Whatever happens it looks like the NFC East is going to be a powerhouse division in the next 2-3 years with all that defensive talent in it. Cowboys once they sort out Dak Prescott and replace Amari Cooper with a decent reciever will be tough to beat.

Cincinnati have to draft Joe Burrow and keep him there to ignite interest in the Bengal franchise, nobody is interested in them, and there are thousands of empty seats there each week during the season. The Bengals don't have iconic status like the Packers, Cowboys, and Bears. Talk is if they don't draft Burrow there won't be an NFL franchise in Cincinnati in about three years time.

There was talk of the Bills moving to Toronto a few years back but now with Josh Rosen interest in Buffalo has returned. Jacksonville Jaguars are now slated as the next team likely to move. The location being London in England, they just so happen to have two back to back games there in 2020.

I can't see Miami trading with Washington now, I think they are set on drafting Chase Young. The Redskins fans will turn on the team if they trade down even though it is the sensible thing to do. Chase Young will be marketed as the face of the franchise and is worth too much revenue for Washington not to take him. He'll be marketed as 'The Predator!'.

I notice the Raiders are keeping quiet, they are the danger team for Miami in regards to getting Tua with all their draft capitol as he is perfect for Grudden and the scheme he operates.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 20th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 09:32 Feb20 2020 Post ID: 3449780
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I guess it all depends what Brady does in Free Agency. The Raiders are all in on trying to convince him to come to Vegas, so I don't see them trading up in the draft until Brady decides. Word is that Brady's Wife would prefer to live in Miami, but we all know that ain't going to happen. If the Phins could get Brady, they could get rid of Fitz and keep Rosen to learn behind Brady. They could also use all of those draft picks on building around Brady.
Matt77 Posted: 22:22 Feb20 2020 Post ID: 3449784
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I am back. I've conceded that I have to deal with the unclosable ads that cover the screen.

My computer should hopefully be back before the due date (March 7) for the 2nd mocks we are all doing.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 09:28 Feb21 2020 Post ID: 3449788
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Please remain on subject. Thank you.

:P
Matt77 Posted: 20:39 Feb21 2020 Post ID: 3449791
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I was ;)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 09:29 Feb22 2020 Post ID: 3449793
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Computers aren't Mock Drafts. Violin
Matt77 Posted: 18:37 Feb22 2020 Post ID: 3449795
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I mentioned the 2nd mocks ;)

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:18 Feb22 2020 Post ID: 3449797
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Still off subject. Shame
Matt77 Posted: 01:08 Feb23 2020 Post ID: 3449798
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Annoying how when I come back, Dennis leaves & we stay at 2 active members for the time being...

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:23 Feb23 2020 Post ID: 3449799
Sanzano
+
I'm still here Matt, I was just very busy on Friday and forgot to check the forums.

Some interesting developments regarding Detroit. Apparently Dallas are not sure about giving Dak Prescott and the money he wants and are talking about doing a trade with the Lions for Matthew Stafford. If that happens you can be sure the Lions will draft Tua with pick 3. The problem with that scenario is that Tua has come out and said if Detroit drafts him he won't play and that he wants to play for Dallas.

Doing my research on Chase Young, the guy has not even played a down of NFL football and experts are already talking about him being enshrined in the Hall of Fame. No way the Redskins are giving up pick 2.

Looks like the Dolphins are going to have to settle for Herbert, now way they can get into the top three picks now.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:09 Feb23 2020 Post ID: 3449801
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Cowboys will simply Franchise Tag Dak. They aren't going to let him get away. I'm guessing they'll give Cooper a new deal (cheaper of the two) and Franchise Dak.
Sanzano Posted: 02:13 Feb24 2020 Post ID: 3449802
Sanzano
+
Dak Prescott is turning into a another Kirk Cousins, great against weak opposition but the stats plummet against tough teams. I saw a program on YouTube that interestingly detailed how Dallas play calling in the second half is aweful and how Dallas always start of well in games because their first series of plays is scripted.

Detroit will take Tua, they can afford to have him learn behind Stafford for a year just like the Chiefs did with Mahommes when they had Alex Smith. Simith interestingly enough may be playing again for the Redskins unless they trade him, I hear the Bears are interested in him. To me it would be worth keeping Smith to groom Haskins like he did Mahomes in Kansas.

Chase Young is definately going to Washington, Rivera and the Redskins owners can't wait to ge their hands on him to make the defense elite. I saw a program on Chase Young and the guy was so dominant in college that he literally took away the long passing game of other teams. It was literally taking him under two seconds to get pressure on the quarterback and that is being double and triple teamed. Team's won't be able to do that in the pro's as there are three other former number one defensive players looking for a sack. Can't wait for the new season...

Displaying Page 5 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close