Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 60 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:16 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455761
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Rattler has been pretty bad this year, he actually got benched. He will for sure still be drafted but I'm not sure he is QB1 at this point.

Having the future QB sit for multiple years doesn't work anymore. If you have a starter making 35M a year, now you've drafted a QB in the first round making 8M a year. Now you're paying a guy what would be starter money at another position to not play, while you've still got a good starter. Then you've gotta hope the starter mentors the rookie and declines enough or retires to where it makes sense to have the young guy play. This is exactly what the Packers are dealing with now. Plus if you have a good starter your team isn't likely to pick high enough to get a future franchise QB without giving up additional picks. Now you've spent potentially multiple first round picks on a guy who may not play for 2-3 years.

Then when he does finally play after 2-3 years are done you have to hope he is good. If he's not, it's all that money and draft capital wasted. And if he is good, you've only got 2 years of him playing on a cheap rookie contract before you need to pay him 40m a year. It shrinks your championship window.

I'd argue guys like Rodgers are the outlier. It's much better nowadays to let the guy start and then cut your losses, like the Cardinals did going from Rosen to Murray, and now they look like real contenders.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 13th 2021 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 14:46 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455762
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Same old story, it all comes down to money. I guess it doesn?t make sense paying a guy ridiculous money to sit on the bench.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if some of yesterday?s guys were drafted today. Terry Bradshaw and John Elway wouldn?t have made it to Canton, the pair of them were dreadful when they started in the NFL.

I think there will be a few twists and turns regarding the current crop of quarterbacks coming out of college. Last year Justin Fields stock suddenly dropped and Zack Wilson appeared from nowhere.

steelersrock01 Posted: 15:40 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455764
steelersrock01
+
Yep, always boils down to money. With starting QBs being paid more and more of a % of the cap it doesn't make sense to pay both a starter and a highly-drafted rookie.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:54 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455765
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Yeah, Rattler has struggled. I think he bought into the hype. If he keeps his starting job, he will have to go off if he wants to be the first overall pick. At the moment, the top QB seems to be Corral or Willis.
Sanzano Posted: 17:13 Oct15 2021 Post ID: 3455778
Sanzano
+
Corral, who the hell is that guy, where did he come from?

steelersrock01 Posted: 13:20 Oct16 2021 Post ID: 3455779
steelersrock01
+
He's the starter for Ole Miss. He's a redshirt junior.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:10 Oct16 2021 Post ID: 3455781
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Corral made a huge leap last year, and he has been performing well this year. My money would be on him if Rattler losing his starting job. Willis is from a very small school, and Howell hasn't had that great of year after his weapons all went pro after last season.
Sanzano Posted: 02:33 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455786
Sanzano
+
Looking at the mock drafts for the 2022 draft and a lot of them don?t have a quarterback going before pick 11. Is the crop this year that bad?

Warrior13 Posted: 05:27 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455788
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
At this point, pretty much. But they always rise late.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:58 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455791
steelersrock01
+
Seems like that happens all the time and then 3 of the top 5 picks are all QBs. Teams that need a QB don't want a potential franchise QB get away because he's projected to go at 12 and they pick at 5.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:36 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455794
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Exactly. This year might be a little different since there does not seem to be a clear cut leader at QB, but even Goff and Wentz went one and two in their weak class.
Sanzano Posted: 01:18 Oct19 2021 Post ID: 3455817
Sanzano
+
Even Goff and Wentz had their years with the Rams and Eagles where their teams went to the Super Bowl. Even now, they are both seen as decent quarterbacks when healthy. At one point Wentz was on the verge of becoming elite after a spectacular season, unfortunately he couldn't sustain it.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:07 Oct20 2021 Post ID: 3455823
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, but they both had good coaches at the time. There's no telling what coaches the QBs in this weak class can end up with, only increasing their bust potential.
Sanzano Posted: 12:31 Oct21 2021 Post ID: 3455826
Sanzano
+
This is what has happened to Tua and Darnold, Miami and the Jets didn?t give either player a chance to develop properly. Same thing happened to Josh Rosen. Ryan Tannenhill is doing fine with the Titans and I think likewise with Darnold and the Panthers. If you are a quarterback and you go to a bad team you are in a hole befor you have even thrown a ball in the NFL. Haskins is another example.

Looks like DeShaun Watson is going to Miami, the deal is nearing completion. Miami just need to get some capital for Tua which has become a problem as the Dolphins can?t find a team that are interested. Washington have publicly stated they are not interested, they will probably only win 3 or 4 games this season so will be in contention for one of the top college quarterbacks. There is one team that could possibly be interested but nobody knows who it is, I personally think it could be Pittsburgh, Rothesburger will retire this year, the Steelers need to move on.

steelersrock01 Posted: 13:52 Oct21 2021 Post ID: 3455827
steelersrock01
+
Well, Darnold was good those first couple games but has slid right back where he was before in the last 3 games.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:35 Oct21 2021 Post ID: 3455828
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Watson is dealt to the Phins, I am hearing it will still have contingent picks. I hope they do not budge on that since he could literally be in prison next year for all we know.

I am also reading that it will be a three team trade, with picks going to Houston, Watson going to the Dolphins, and Tua going to the Redskins. If so, I have to think the Redskins would be giving up their first rounder. Anything less and the Dolphins will lose that trade. Tua is way better than any QB the Redskins could get in the next two drafts.
Sanzano Posted: 01:17 Oct22 2021 Post ID: 3455834
Sanzano
+
The Redskins don't want Tua, you are dreaming if you think Miami will get a first round pick for him. The cat is out the bag, the whole league knows he is riddled with injuries, makes bad throws and is too conservative. He was only exceptional in college because he had four outrageous wide receivers at Alabama to throw to that covered up his weaknesses. Miami will be lucky if they get a third for him. I don't know why Miami just don't keep him for a couple of years as their backup while he is on that cheap rookie contract. Tua is a bust as far as being an NFL starting quarterback is concerned, the Dolphins will go down in history as the team that should have drafted Justin Herbert. Tua will end being a backup somewhere in the league, it won't be Washingtonn (I hope it's not Washington). Washington will be picking in the top 10 of the 2022 draft, that pick is not going to Miami.

Please tell me this isn't true. Reports are coming in that it will be Washington's 2022 second round pick which will be used to get Tua in the three-way deal. Are the quarterbacks coming out of college this year so bad that Washington has to gamble on Tua? I suppose at least if we get Tua we can use our first round draft pick to get an exceptional talent at cornerback. I'm also hearing that there is a possibility of Brandon Scheriff going to the Texans and Xavier Howard coming to Washington. Not happy with that either, Scheriff is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL.

This is turning into a terrible year for Washington, I read that the front four is putting more pressure up front than they did the previous year. The problem is the Washington secondary can't cover anyone so the opposing quarterbacks can get rid of the ball quicker, which is why there is a lack of sacks and they aree giving up 500 yards each week.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 22nd 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 12:09 Oct22 2021 Post ID: 3455838
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami will not be giving up Tua, three 1sts, and Howard for a 2nd and Watson. lol

Miami wants a 1st for Tua, two 1sts for Howard, and will only give up contingent picks for Watson. I do not see any of which happening.

Now, if the Redskins wanted to give Scherff and a 2nd for Tua, then maybe. That seems more fair since Scherff has an expiring contract and has been banged up in recent seasons. The 2022 and 2023 QB Draft Classes have suddenly become extremely weak; Tua is a better option than all of those prospects.

Howard will not be included unless a fourth team gets involved, say the Chiefs. If so, I could see the following:

Texans Get:
Contingent 2022 49ers 1st (via Miami)
Contingent 2023 Dolphins 1st
Contingent 2023 49ers 1st (via Miami)

Chiefs Get:
Xavien Howard
2022 49ers 3rd (via Miami)

Redskins Get:
Tua

Dolphins Get:
Deshaun Watson
Brandon Scherff
2022 Chiefs 1st
2022 Redskins 2nd
2023 Chiefs 1st

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 22nd 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 17:52 Oct22 2021 Post ID: 3455842
Sanzano
+
I can?t see that happening, no way do the Redskins trade away their franchise player and a second round pick for a banged up quarterback. I?m not sure I?d be happy just giving up a second either. I certainly wouldn?t trade anything more.

Apparently there are still five teams interested in Watson. Makes you wonder if they know something the general public doesn?t. It seems like madness trading for a player who could soon be behind bars.

I can?t see the Chiefs giving up two 1sts for Howard, maybe a first and a second next year if you are lucky. Plenty of defensive talent in the upcoming draft.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:43 Oct22 2021 Post ID: 3455843
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Again, not my prices but the Dolphins. lol

I'm not sure what Scherff's value will be. When healthy, he's one of the best guards in the league. But he's been really banged up. But it doesn't seem to matter since Flores has come out again and said Tua is the Dolphins QB. I'm hoping this is genuine and not some ploy to raise his value.

I don't think any team is really calling the Texans at this point. I think they keep throwing out fake leaks to try to goat a team into pulling the trigger. No one wants him unless the picks they're giving up are contingent upon him not being suspended/jailed. But the Texans don't want that, and their expectations are still way to high. Just because you got burned on the Tunsil and Hopkins trades doesn't mean you can make up for it now. The dude has serious legal and is proving he isn't going to play for your team ever again -- he literally has no real value in my eyes at the moment.
Displaying Page 60 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close