Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 03:20 Mar06 2020 Post ID: 3449905
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
After going 0-7 in their first 7 games, Miami finished the season going 5-4, with wins against NY Jets, Indy, Philly (playoffs), Cincy, and New England (playoffs). And remember heartbreaking losses against Washington (failed 2PT conversion while trailing by 1) and NY Jets (horrific non-penalty given which allowed NY Jets to turn a 3rd down incompletion into a massive gain and the game-winning FG). Then there was games against Pittsburgh and Buffalo where Miami had built significant leads.

Make no mistake, with some luck, Miami could've finished 9-7 with the worst roster in NFL history. Let that sink in.

Cam Newton is washed. I think he'll do ok for maybe 1 more season; 2 at a stretch, and then his career will be over due to injuries. Washington need a young QB, whether it's Haskins or Tua. If they trade for Newton, they'll have set the franchise back 3 years.

I have to apoligise for shutting down your Jordan Love theory Dennis. I'm reading more and more that Love is almost guaranteed to be a top 15 pick, and could easily sneak into the top 10. Clearly scouts were more impressed then I initially thought. There's no doubt had Love's 2018 season where he tore it apart been his 2019 season, he would be the 2nd best QB. Essentially Burrow and Love are polar opposites. In 2018 Burrow was mediocre and Love elite, and in 2019 Burrow was elite and Love was very poor.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 07:49 Mar06 2020 Post ID: 3449907
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Dennis: 80%? The goal is to get like 25% correct. If someone can do that, which equates to eight points, they'll probably win. lol

Matt: Don't believe all of those reports. Remember when Lamar Jackson came out? Just like Jordan Love, half believe he is overrated and the other half see the potential. If he's a Top 15 Pick, I'll be shocked. The possibility of him easily being a bust should weigh heavy with these teams. He also comes from a very small school, furthering the chances of that happening. Being a good athlete doesn't make you a good football player, at least not in the Pros.
Matt77 Posted: 09:18 Mar06 2020 Post ID: 3449908
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I agree that he is not 1st round material. But teams reach for QBs, and one will probably do so for Love. Indy and Tampa Bay are the obvious candidates, but other wildcards could be New England (lol) or Green Bay. Also look for a team to trade up with San Francisco into pick 31 and pick Love (SF have zero 2nd and 3rd round picks). You mention the similarities with the Lamar draft situation, and remember Baltimore traded up to pick 32 to pick Jackson.

I'd say we'll all get Burrow and Young correct. Maybe all get Tua correct if Dennis changes his picks in the next 2 mocks. But after that it gets hard. Even Okudah isn't a lock for Detroit anymore. I don't think anyone is going to score higher than 6 on the final April mock. God help us all when it comes to tallying the older mocks Brick Wall

IMPORTANT: Do you think it's fair if for the April mock that we all get double points, since it is the most important one? Let me know what you both think.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 6th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:46 Mar06 2020 Post ID: 3449909
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think a point for all correct picks for each mock will be fine.

I wonder if the Redskins would take #5, #39, #56 and #70 for both Trent Williams and #3? Think

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 6th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:08 Mar07 2020 Post ID: 3449910
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington will get at best, a 3rd round pick for Williams leaving. Everyone knew he wanted out, and now it's official with Washington letting him go. Washington have zero bargaining power. Their only hope is that a bidding war starts between 2-3 teams. I would be stunned if they get anything more, even though they deserve more.

Some (most) NFL.com mocks are awful. Take this one. Tua at pick 2, Love at pick 6, Cleveland trade out of pick 10 and select a DT, and Eason at pick 24. Horrible. I manage to watch half a dozen games per season at absolute maximum, yet I would do better mocks for that website.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:50 Mar08 2020 Post ID: 3449911
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Your dreaming Warrior13, Washington have told Miami it's your 3 first rounders otherwise don't bother calling. Trent Williams will probably like Matt says go for a third round pick which is not ideal but it does help considering Washington don't have a second round pick.

As far as the competition scoring, I'll go with whatever you two decide on.

I'm wondering who the Raiders will go for - Tua, Love, or Herbert. They've got the draft capital to get any of them.

Apparently if Chase Young goes to Washington Montell Sweat will never see a double team for the rest of his career. He got 7.5 sacks last year with the opposing team double teaming him.

Matt77 Posted: 06:46 Mar08 2020 Post ID: 3449912
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
As I've said earlier, Las Vegas CANNOT draft a QB. It would be madness. Tua and Herbert are out of their draft capital range (picks 12 and 19 wouldn't be enough for LA Chargers to move down). Their only option is to reach for Jordan Love. However, I won't be surprised if Jon Gruden's ego gets the better of him and if he drafts Love at pick 12, or even trade up and lose their pick 19 too.

It's as if all the analysts are forgetting that Derek Carr is an above average QB.

We'll just stick to 1 point for April since you have no preference, and Warrior wants it to stay as 1pt.

7.5 sacks while being double-teamed?!?! I'm no expert on edge rushers, but that seems very high. The combo of Young and Sweat will be huge for Washington. Dak will crumble under pressure, Wentz's chances of injury skyrocket, and Jones is at higher risk of fumbling (he already had fumbles in double figures last season).

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:45 Mar08 2020 Post ID: 3449914
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis:
It all depends how close it gets to the draft and how bad the Redskins want to trade down. They're being unrealistic right now. If they could get #5, #39, #56 and #70 for #3 and Trent Williams that's a heck of deal.

Do remember the level of talent they would have available at #5 rather than #9 or #12 (since the Jags and Raiders are the only other teams that have enough to give up, at least for just this year). At #5, the following players could still be available: Okuadah, Brown, Simmons, Wirfs, Wills, Beckton, Lamb and Jeudy. Most of the guys would be gone at #9 or #12.

The Redskins could even trade back a second time if they fall to #5, since a team might want to deal to leapfrog the Chargers. If the Raiders like Herbert, they might be willing to still give up both of their 1st Rounders. Could you imagine that? Getting #12, #19, #39, #56, #70 just for #3 and Trent Williams - THAT WOULD BE INSANE.

TL;DR: Redskins should stop being greedy and think more like me.
Sanzano Posted: 02:43 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449918
Sanzano
+
You're thinking like a Dolphins fan Warrior13, on paper all those picks look like a good haul but all I see is mediocrity. Washington are in a position to draft one of the best edge rushers the game has ever seen in Chase Young, a position which after quaterback is the most important in the game. If Chase Young joins the Redskins you all of a sudden have one of the most terryfying defenses in the league and the 49rs have shown in recent years what a solid defense can do in the league.

What I'm hoping for is Washington draft Chase Young and get a third round pick for Trent Williams which they then use with their other third round pick to trade up into the second round and get a quality wide reciever to go alongside McCarren. Then in free agency solidyfy the offensive line and get a tight end.

Matt77 Posted: 08:09 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449925
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
As I already said, Washington CANNOT screw up this draft. They MUST select Young as you say. If they don't, they will regret it and you as a Washington fan will have to watch Young dominate the NFL for the next decade in a rival jersey.

If lets say Warrior's insane trade worked and Washington got all those picks, all the elite talent would be gone (Young, Simmons, Okudah, Brown). Washington are a stale franchise in need of some star power. Could you imagine how many shirt sales Young will cause if he is drafted?

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 10:00 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449926
Sanzano
+
Thanks Matt, you are thinking along the same lines as me. Chase Young will be the face of the franchise. The Redskins are not moving for less than 3 number ones, they've literally told Miami that when the Dolphins enquired.

I think we can safely say its Joe Burrow pick 1 followed by Chase Young pick 2. After that I'm leaning towards the Dolphins doing a trade with Detroit to guarantee getting Tua pick 3. It may cost them two number 1 picks but from the footage I've seen on Tua the Dolphins have to do it, Tua reminds me of Steve Young the way he plays. I was amazed how similar their styles are when I was watching Tua's highlights on YouTube, I wonder if anyone else has picked up them having the same skill set as Young retired quite some time ago. Dolphins can't sit tight and hope Tua falls to them, they have to trade up or risk losing him. If I were the Dolphins I'd make the deal now with the Lions and not wait for the Redskins to pick Chase Young were during that 10minute window when Detroit are on the clock all sorts of craziness can happen.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:03 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449927
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: If the Redskins get a haul like that, they will pounce on it. Young might be great, but you simply can't let that amount of picks go, especially in this day and age. Remember Ricky Williams? No matter how much of a generational talent he was, even there was a price to let him go. No one would ever give up three 1st Rounders unless for the next Manning/Brady.

Matt: The Redskins have so many needs, which would make the scenario perfect for them. Say they can execute it, they could possibly get Jeudy/Lamb at #12 and AJ Epenesa at #19. Bam. Two needs done. And with all those extra picks on Day 2, they can continue to bolster other areas (OL, DBs, LBs). I get Young is the best player in the draft, but if they can still add Epenesa or Gross-Matos to Sweat/Payne/Allen, that would still be a scary D-Line. They could easily be a playoff team next year by doing a double trade back and developing Haskins.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 9th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 10:59 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449929
Sanzano
+
I'm still not convinced Warrior13, I've seen too many players over the years who are busts when they enter the NFL. Young is a sure shot certainty to be a superstar plus he lives in the Washington area and supported the team when he was a kid. I can't see the Redskin management passing him up, I know Snieder loves him and at the end of the day he gets the final call on who the Redskins draft. The Redskins can shore up other weak areas in next years draft. I can't see the point of adding a load of mediocre players that will be out of the league within three years.

Matt77 Posted: 00:00 Mar10 2020 Post ID: 3449930
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - Apologies, when I read your post I thought you were talking about Miami for some reason. If Las Vegas are that stupid to throw away basically all their draft picks for an injury-prone QB, they deserve nothing but 4-12 campaigns. Las Vegas arguably have more holes than Washington, and they would be letting their above average injury prone QB Carr go, in exchange for an above average injury-prone QB in Tua. Mind you, it's a Gruden-type move that could very well happen if Washington are interested.

I get that more draft picks would in theory be better, but they aren't guaranteed to have successful NFL careers. Lamb/Jeudy would be a good pick, but Gross-Matos, Chaisson, & Epenesa aren't guaranteed for success. Washington would have to scout very well, and they don't have the best track record for that. By adding Young alongside Sweat, the Washington edge rushers could put pressure on the spotty NFC East QBs and thus help cover the issue of WAS's secondary.

Also Warrior, factor in that if Washington pass on Young, in this scenario Miami may still have to trade up with Detroit to make sure LA Chargers don't get Herbert. it would leave NY Giants with access to Young. Washington would have to play against him possibly 20 times in his career.

Dennis - Miami can't make the trade now. If they do move up to pick 3, it allows teams like LA Chargers or Las Vegas to do business with Washington and move in front. It would then mean Miami threw away picks 5, 26 and 39 to move up to pick 3. Chase Young would be a great player to get, but it leaves Miami with less draft capital and no rookie QB. And I've already explained the consequences of Miami waiting a year for Trevor Lawrence.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:46 Mar10 2020 Post ID: 3449931
Sanzano
+
I'm hearing rumours that there is a possible trade with Cleveland coming up, Trent Williams for Odel Beckham Jr. Apparently Washington are more interested in doing a superstar for superstar trade as opposed to a draft pick which will be a second rounder.

I'm getting more and more stressed watching interviews with pro football anaylists as nearly all of them are now stating that the Redskins need to move on from Haskins and take Tua like the Cardinals did last year with Kyler Murray. The average Joe in the street like myself wants Chase Young but like I say the experts are saying Ron Rivera has to take Tua as he is a significant upgrade from Haskins and at the end of the day his job is on the line. A great line from Bill Parcels the coaching legend who gave Belichick his start:

'If a coach is going to have to cook the meal, shouldn't he get to pick the ingredients?'

Apparently analysts are saying that the Redskins can still get a second round pick in the draft for Haskins. I think Haskins is worried, reports are coming in that he is constantly at the team facility working out after Rivera has repeatedly said he is not going to anoint Haskins as the team's starting quarterback and that he needs to improve. Rivera has also stated he wants to create 'very competitive competition' at quarterback next season. This all points towards Tua, Case Keenum looks like he is going to be traded and Alex Smith is recovering. That only leaves Colt McCoy who is an unsigned free agent - so where's the competition coming from - Tua. Please tell me I'm wrong, I thought Haskins was looking half decent in his last two games and should be given a bit more time to develop considering he had no weapons around him, just a rookie wide reciever and an aging running back.

Matt77 Posted: 08:04 Mar10 2020 Post ID: 3449934
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington would need to make sure Beckham is motivated, and has sorted himself out. Since Washington are rebuilding, they do NOT want a locker room cancer in their team. If Beckham can sort himself out, that would a great deal for both parties.

Oh dear. Oh dear me. I'm sorry to say, but if Washington do this to Haskins (ship him off for a 3rd round pick after half a season), my like for Washington will disappear completely. What Arizona did to Rosen was nothing short of a disgrace. They ended his career, deeming him a failed prospect after 13 games, despite giving him the worst o-line in the league. I used to like Arizona, but now they're one of the teams I don't mind see losing. Should Washington do this, they miss out on Chase Young, and end Dwayne Haskins' career in the process.

It's ominous, because prior to the draft and after it, Rosen was spending hours longer than any player at practice trying to please the Arizona hierarchy and new coach. And it's also ominous, because to begin with everyone believed Arizona were going to take Nick Bosa with pick 1, as he was a dominant edge rusher who would make an instant impact in the NFL. That bio is identical to Young, and Washington are at the moment predicted to draft him.

Anxious Anxious Anxious

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:13 Mar10 2020 Post ID: 3449935
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Browns won't give up Odell for Williams. Not Happening. They refused to give the Redskins a 1st Rounder even last year when they need an OT most, so why give up more than that now. That said, if they can trade a 2nd or 3rd Rounder for Williams that would be great. If it's a 3rd Rounder, they could draft Thomas or Wills at #12 to play RT, put Williams at LT, and then draft either Guard Kindley or Center Biazez in the 2nd. Instant OL for Baker and the Boys.
Sanzano Posted: 10:17 Mar10 2020 Post ID: 3449936
Sanzano
+
Thanks Matt, now I'm not sure what is happening regarding the number 2 pick in the draft. I do know however that Ron Rivera plans to play a 4-3 defense which means Chase Young would slot in nicely so maybe this drafting Tua is a smoke screen like some people believe. I still think Miami will do a trade with Detroit when it gets a bit nearer, a few days before draft day. Miami are guaranteed a top player whatever happens if they do a trade - Burrow,Young, or Tua. I don't think Miami management would be too upset if they had to settle for Young. It just means delaying getting a quarterback for another year, I'm sure Rosen and Fitzpatrick wouldn't mind either.

Not sure I would be happy with Beckham Jr as a Redskin anyway Warrior13, like Matt mentioned the guy's a locker room cancer, those types of players are not worth the trouble they bring to the club.

Matt77 Posted: 12:18 Mar10 2020 Post ID: 3449937
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Before I start, here's another pathetic mock draft by NFL.com. This time it's the famous Bucky Brooks, who had Buffalo drafting Mason Rudolph with pick 12 last year... If you like comedy, this mock is for you Smile

http://www.nfl.com/news/sto...ry-ruggs

I do wonder what poor Josh Rosen's future is with Miami. Flores clearly isn't a fan and has said Fitz is the starter next season. Lets say the unthinkable happens and Miami don't draft a QB again, would Flores change his approach and give Rosen a chance in a much-improved roster? I genuinely believe Rosen can be an NFL starter. He's just been unlucky to play under horrific o-lines and awful management teams.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:42 Mar10 2020 Post ID: 3449938
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bucky Brooks must be a Chargers Fan. XD

Well, the Ravens need a Guard now with Yanda retiring. HUGE HOLE.

Josh Rosen's destiny will be decided after the Brady domino falls and the draft concludes. If Brady leaves the Pats and the Phins get Tua, Rosen might be a Pat.
Displaying Page 8 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close