Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 83 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:15 May26 2022 Post ID: 3458017
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I wish my Dad taught me to throw a football when I was a kid, my Dad had zero interest in playing any type of physical sport. The only sports I can recall playing with him are Darts and Pool.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:57 May26 2022 Post ID: 3458021
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
My dad isn't too big on sports either, besides hunting.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:21 May27 2022 Post ID: 3458026
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
My dad played basketball and baseball through college, so we've always been active. I've never been big on baseball, but we played basketball and football throughout my childhood. My younger brother has always been better at basketball overall, but I'm a much better deep ball shooter than him. I've always been the football junkie. lol
Sanzano Posted: 02:01 May28 2022 Post ID: 3458029
Sanzano
+
I envy you Warrior13, I wish my Dad played sports with me when I was younger. I now make a conscious effort to help my son with his boxing by basically holding the pads for him while he practices the combos that he learned in his boxing class. When we first started when he was six we'd go in the garden and the residents in our block would watch from their balconies and chuckle under their breath. Now when he goes out in the garden aged 13 and hitting the pads with good form and some pop they politely clap when he finishes his workout.

My son is starting to show an interest in NFL football, a couple of weeks ago I took him down the park and told him to go about forty yards away from me. I then launched a perfectly thrown ball that had a tight spiral that hit him straight in the chest, he just looked at me with his jaw hanging. I spent the next hour trying to show him how to do it.

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:14 May28 2022 Post ID: 3458031
steelersrock01
+
That's really nice Dennis. I have a brother a few years older that was pretty much that for me. My dad was involved and came to all our games and stuff but he's just not super athletic. Really handy around the house and with cars and stuff and outdoors in general, but not a sports guy.
Sanzano Posted: 15:38 May28 2022 Post ID: 3458035
Sanzano
+
That sounds like my Dad steelersrock01, I guess I shouldn't complain, he was a diamond when it came to looking after me and making sure I had everything I needed. Just wasn't an athletic sport crazy Dad. I always wished I had an older brother, never happened, I got a younger sister instead who ended up marrying the owner of SuperCheats.

steelersrock01 Posted: 19:04 May28 2022 Post ID: 3458039
steelersrock01
+
I always thought you and Rich were blood brothers until that thread a while ago when you mentioned he's your brother in law. It's cool having an older brother, especially one pretty close in age. It's like a built in friend in a way, can be a protector if necessary. We haven't always been super close but we've got a good relationship. Growing up I was always happy being the younger sibling/second child since my brother got around to doing all the stereotypical "bad stuff" first and I was usually punished less for stuff. Now that we're older that kind of thing obviously matters less.

It's just my brother and I in my family. My mom has two sisters and they also only have sons. So no female first cousins on my mom's side. So my one grandmom had 3 daughters but not any granddaughters lol, until one of us decides to have a kid. My dad's family is quite a bit bigger.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on May 28th 2022 »
Sanzano Posted: 12:50 May29 2022 Post ID: 3458044
Sanzano
+
It must be great having an older brother to look up to growing up. I found that kids who had older brothers at the schoo I went to didn't get bullied, it was always the single child kids who were a bit nerdy, and didn't play sports, and didn't fit in that got a hard time. I made a point of letting people know the toughest kid in the school was my best friend's brother, and that did the trick, I got left alone. I guess it has its downside being the little brother, you end up with the hand-me-downs when it comes to toys and clothes.

steelersrock01 Posted: 16:57 May29 2022 Post ID: 3458048
steelersrock01
+
Yeah it was usually pretty great. I didn't mind the hand me down toys too much since we were both into video games and books and not stuff that really got worn down. Clothes I usually always had my own cause my brother was always tall and lanky and I went through a pudgy phase as a kid. It did kind of suck never being the first kid to do something, get X award, have a GF, graduate with honors, graduate university, get a job. Pretty much everything I've done my brother did first.

I've noticed single children have some trouble sometimes. Usually in the way of being spoiled. I have a younger cousin who is an only child and he's kind of a mess now. Never told no growing up, always doted on like he was a perfect child, his parents always compared him with my brother and I. Then he went away to an expensive college and lied about doing all his work, failed every class, now he's left with a 25k loan and nothing to show for it. Dropped out, went to community college this year, now he tells his parents he doesn't want to do any schooling. And has no desire to work in the trades, right now he works part time at a liquor store. Definitely not a problem that only single children have, but I've noticed they're usually less well-adjusted. It can be hard when you don't have a built-in trustworthy friend to help guide you.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:55 May29 2022 Post ID: 3458052
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have an older half brother that I never knew. Works at Nike corporate, or so one of my sisters found when stalking the guy online. Wish there was a relationship, but nothing I yearn for at this point.

That said, middle child here. Two older sisters, a younger sister, and a younger brother. Sisters are all crazy in different ways. No joke. Brother is too at times, too Gen Z or whatever came after millennials (who have a lot of crazies too).

I am an old soul. lol
Sanzano Posted: 16:06 May30 2022 Post ID: 3458059
Sanzano
+
That happens quite a bit Warrior13, one of my friends suddenly found out he had a sister a few years back he never knew about. I said to him, how does that happen.

Back in the 50s being a single parent was frowned upon. My mates mum got pregnant and had to spend the whole pregnancy hidden away in her bedroom so nobody knew. When she had the child it was given away for adoptioon.

Forty years later my mate's mum gets a call and told to sit down by the lady on the other end of the phone. She then proceeded to tell her the agency she belonged to and that she had her daughter beside her, and did she want to talk to her.

Warrior13 your family sounds like the Waltons, do you remember that show, all those brothers and sisters in that typical American household of the 50s. You'll probably have to Google it, I remember watching it as a kid.

Steelersrock01, you are bang on correct what you say about single kids. I put my hand up I am guilty of spoiling my kid, I can't help it. A lot of it is to do with the heartache of my wife having a miscarriage
where she had to go to hospital to have the fetus removed. It's made us a bit overprotective of our son to be truthful.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 30th 2022 »

Warrior13 Posted: 14:36 May31 2022 Post ID: 3458067
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I've known about my half-brother since my birth practically, but I've never met him. From what I heard, my Dad's first wife was a bit a trip, controlling and what not. Real insane, if you ask me. Like I can get changing my half-brother's last name to the next guy she ultimately married, but who in their right mind changes a kid's middle name to match that of his step father (his middle name used to be my dad's first name)? Really, really sick and twisted stuff. Makes me glad that my dad met my mom and she is my mom. lol

If the Walton's is John Boy, then, yes, I've seen it. But my family wasn't like that at all. Have you ever seen the Nickelodeon show Loud House? I saw it once with my nephew, and that craziness is more like the house I was raised in. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:34 May31 2022 Post ID: 3458068
steelersrock01
+
Lol, I've never heard of a guy changing his middle name. Just some women changing their middle name ot their maiden name when they get married.
Sanzano Posted: 16:36 May31 2022 Post ID: 3458069
Sanzano
+
Yes that's the Waltons, never heard of Loud House.

It must feel strange knowing you have a half-brother out there somewhere, and you have never met him. Does he look like you, or have you not seen photos.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:35 May31 2022 Post ID: 3458079
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: That's what I thought. lol It's very crazy, if you ask me.

Dennis: He looks nothing like any of us other siblings, but I see a lot of him in my nephew. Both got the blonde hair, blue eyes.
Sanzano Posted: 01:35 Jun01 2022 Post ID: 3458084
Sanzano
+
The Californian Brad Pitt beach boy look. Lucky kid, I always wanted to look like that. Unfortunately I'm the exact opposite.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jun 1st 2022 »

Warrior13 Posted: 11:31 Jun02 2022 Post ID: 3458090
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Same here. Some people have all the luck. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:29 Jun02 2022 Post ID: 3458093
steelersrock01
+
My hair was blonde like that as a kid but it's gotten darker and darker with time. Still have the blue eyes though.
Sanzano Posted: 00:47 Jun03 2022 Post ID: 3458094
Sanzano
+
You sound like Rich steelersrock01, he had blonde hair when he was a kid and it went darker over time. It's now going grey at an alarming rate, but then again he is knocking on fifty.

Scary how quickly you go grey, before I got married fifteen years ago I didn't have one gray hair, now I've got a full head of them, every time I go to the barbers to have a haircut my head goes more gray.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:53 Jun03 2022 Post ID: 3458102
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: OMG. Dude, I literally had blonde hair until my first couple of haircuts brought in more brunette. My dad also had blonde hair until his early twenties, and then it turned darker. Wild how that can happen.
Displaying Page 83 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close