Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2021 NFL Mock Draft Submissions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 13:24 Mar11 2020 Post ID: 3449946
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Miami cut Safety Reshad Jones. Definitely gonna draft one at #18 now. lol
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 02:39 Mar12 2020 Post ID: 3449948
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Really sad to hear. He was a B+ player when fit. But his injuries and age were too big a problem, and it saves us another 5M in cap space.

I don't think it means we'll draft a safety at #18. One may be available at #26, and if not we'd still have pick 56 too.

A question on Miami's picks now. Would it be beneficial to allow desperate teams to trade up and take some of our picks? Jordan Love may be available when we are on the board at pick 26, and we could lets say allow a team to move up and give us their 2021 1st round pick plus an extra mid-range pick. Maybe even try it with pick 18 and get a stockpile of picks, while also getting Tua by ourselves trading up to pick 3.

Our 2021 picks are the following. Anything in green would be what we could get by trading away pick 26:

1st round pick
1st round pick
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 02:47 Mar12 2020 Post ID: 3449950
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
With all those picks you should be able to put together a decent team in preparation for a top rookie quarterback next year. Even if the Dolphins drafted Tua this year it is unlikely he will play in his first year. It would be madness to play him until he has a decent offensive line in front of him and weapons around him. If they do play him you have the Haskins scenario but Tua isn't as big and strong as Haskins and will probably get injured. I didn't realise Haskins out performed Burrow when their two college teams met.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:42 Mar12 2020 Post ID: 3449957
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Love is still on the board at #18, I wouldn't mind Miami falling back if the all the top safeties (Delpit, McKinney) and OL (Wirfs, Wills, Beckton, Thomas) are off the board. I say #18 just because I don't think he'll fall all the way to #26 without some desperate team pulling the trigger. If Love does fall to #26, it would all depend if Swift is still on the board. If another team has already drafted him, they we could definitely trade back and still probably get Taylor in the 2nd Round.
Sanzano Posted: 02:57 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449971
Sanzano
+
There's some really good players in this years draft all across the board but especially wide reciever. I personally think with all those draft picks Miami needs to take advantage of it and not put all their eggs into one basket. When you look at top quarterback draft picks over the years it really has been hit and miss, there is no guarantee Burrow or Tua will be superstars. Baker Mayfield was the number one pick in the entire draft a couple of years ago and I'm hearing talk that the Browns are thinking of moving on from him. And if you remember that was the draft that everyone was saying was the best since 1984 for quarterbacks with Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, and Darnold. Turns out the best of the bunch, Lamar Jackson went with the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft. Who's to say the same thing happens in 2020 and Love turns out to be the best of the bunch, you just don't know.

Matt77 Posted: 04:18 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449974
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I get what you're saying Dennis. That's what I wanted Miami to do in the past 2 drafts. In fact I was very relieved when we didn't draft a QB. But Miami can't keep avoiding the QB position. After all, we drafted Minkah Fitzpatrick with pick 11 two years ago, and traded him away for pick 18. That pick 11 could've been Lamar Jackson if Miami were brave/stupid.

You're right that Tua needs to sit out the season. It's been my view almost as soon as I started following the sport that rookie QBs should start no more than 1 game in their first season. Kansas City didn't play Mahomes until Week 17 when they were resting starters. The following season he dominated the game and won MVP. This year he lead his team to a comeback SB win and SB MVP.

Sometimes rookie QBs do well and can handle the pressure. But not always. Remember Jared Goff's 0-7 rookie campaign with Jeff Fisher? His stats were worse than most backup QBs. Had he played for the Arizona Cardinals, they would've thrown him out with the trash like they did to Rosen, and that would've been another career ruined. It's no coincidence that Rosen had the season he did partly because he started too soon.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 08:09 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449977
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And now all we have left to look forward to is the NFL Draft since a freakin flu is ruining sports...

Thank you crummy media for causing enough false hysteria to turn a cold into a pandemic...
Matt77 Posted: 21:00 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449981
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thank you China for creating coronavirus in a lab as an experimental biological weapon and accidentally releasing it to the world. People say it's from bats, but the Chinese have been eating all sorts of alive and dead animals for centuries.

I hope free agency doesn't get cancelled. That screws up the draft date etc, but also screws up the dates for our mock draft competition. If FA does get moved back, I will also move the due dates back.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:25 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449985
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I love how China is trying to blame it on the US in the last few days. XD

The NFL won't have to do that. Honestly, most of Free Agency is done over the phone anyways. Just discuss deals or have one-on-ones with players. Not hard.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 14th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 11:09 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449988
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yeah, I realised that when I sat down and used my brain rather than the mass hysteria.

But regardless, I can't see the Las Vegas draft night going ahead. Too many people will attend. It will all be done over the phone/webcam and draft picks will be revealed online as they happen, in some sort of live blog.

Hopefully the NFL can still operate properly while this stuff happens. Preseason starts in August, and the virus will not be resolved by then. Reports say that the virus will be at its worst in 2-3 months. The NFL better hope that it wears off in time. Once one player is infected, the entire team is quarantined, that team can't play games and neither can its opposition, and then the league gets postponed. I've recently witnessed this in English soccer. Within days, it went from "games will probably be going ahead in front of spectators" to "the league has been postponed until April 3 at the earliest", with the possibility of being delayed even until September at the earliest.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 18:16 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449991
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The draft doesn't begin until April 23rd. I have a feeling all of this craziness will be over by then. All the other Sports League will be crushed, but the NFL will still go on simply by the calendar.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 14th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:19 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449993
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Unfortunately not. The media have successfully brainwashed 90% of the public to believe that playing games in front of no fans will spread the virus faster than going on public transport, into a pub, nightclub, or to work. It gets worse every day. I honestly won't be surprised if countries including the US eventually shut everything apart from necessary supermarkets. The panic is that bad.

I've heard that a vaccine won't be finished for 18 months. There are then 2 potential outcomes. The first is that 'herd immunity' kicks in, whereby most people contract the virus but overcome it, thus gaining a slight immunity to it (this is the policy that the UK are doing).

The second is that the virus doesn't get better, and that most people contract the virus multiple times, thus increasing the mortality rate. Should the second outcome happen, sports/schools/uni/college/public gatherings will be cancelled until a vaccine is created (until September 2021 at the earliest). That would mean no NFL season, and Rafa and Roger's chances of winning another Grand Slam would be over.

The logical step would be for every sporting code to continue their respective seasons in front of a limited amount of fans (less than 500), provide free streaming of almost every game, and if the situation improves, re-open games to spectators and continue as they were.

EDIT:
BREAKING NEWS - The NFL draft will not be held in Las Vegas, and has been postponed until late May at the earliest.

Double edit - The due date for our 3rd mock draft has been extended until April 30. You can do it earlier than that if you want since free agency ends soon. The date of the final mock being due is unknown. Early reports say late May at the earliest, which likely means September the way organisations are panicking.

Triple edit - Nothing else has come from this. Maybe it isn't true, but it seemed accurate at the time. If it isn't, I'll set the dates back to what they used to be.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 15th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:57 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450007
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I haven't heard anything about the draft being postponed. The NFL is moving forward as planned with Free Agency and the new League Year. Free Agency legal tampering period begins today.
Matt77 Posted: 11:16 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450010
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The story has some truth to it. There will be no draft venue, however it will be televised and will still go ahead. The SC mock dates have gone back to the original ones.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:00 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450014
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Next Mock gonna be WAY different. XD
Sanzano Posted: 02:47 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450019
Sanzano
+
The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the whole season is canceled. Reports are coming in that it will take until next April to beat this virus and things get back to normal. I'm in total lockdown in Barcelona for two weeks, I will get fined 1000 euros if I'm caught wandering around the streets without a valid reason. This virus isn't going away in a couple of weeks like everyone is thinking, it's here to stay for the time being.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 17th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:07 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450021
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
A vaccine will be ready anytime from 1 month away to as long as 2 years. Reports say the virus will peak in 1-2 months time in all countries except China. Which doesn't make much sense, because Summer is coming (warmer temperatures). The real worry will be in southern hemisphere countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile, South Africa, Australia, & New Zealand. It will be winter for those countries.

The NFL season will definitely be postponed. Hopefully it won't be for long, but this debacle will NOT be over by September. I worry for soccer in the UK, where dozens of lower league clubs will go bust without additional financial support (which will not be provided since only 6 teams exist and are cared about by the media in English football). In Australia our main sport AFL has had its season reduced by 5 games, and apparently game duration will also be reduced. Give it 2 weeks and no sport will be played in Aus. Give it 1 month and all sport worldwide will be cancelled.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:17 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450027
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I heard they're testing a vaccine in Seattle, Washington.

Whole thing will be way over before the start of the NFL Regular Season.
Matt77 Posted: 08:27 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450028
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Once a vaccine is successfully tested and trialed, and is perfect, then and only then can things die down. Best case is 1 month. Worst case is 2 years.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:36 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450033
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Best case. I'm positive. ;)

Once again, our Mock Drafts are gonna look so different at the end of this month! XD
Displaying Page 9 of 86
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 84 | 85 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close