Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2019 Novel Coronavirus

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Matt77 Posted: 03:51 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449972
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Yeah, the elderly (with preexisting health conditions) are the main ones affected, but it is infecting people younger than that too.

The thing that's got people worried is that the flu mortality rate is 0.2%, but the coronavirus is 2.0%. And the fact that a vaccine will be available in a few months at the earliest.

All sporting codes have either been cancelled or are playing behind closed doors. The tennis season has been cancelled for 6 weeks. Australian sports are beginning next week, and will all be played in front of no fans. The XFL has also been cancelled completely. NFL teams aren't sending their employees to other areas to do scouting work etc. Europa League R-16 matches were also played in front of no spectators. English 2nd division and lower divisions are only playing in front of fans because if they don't, dozens of clubs will go bust. The Grand Prix in Melbourne was also cancelled today.

It won't be long now until schools and universities are cancelled too.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:02 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449975
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
That 2.0% is heavily skewed because the elderly death rate with the virus.

Schools and colleges are already cancelled in the US.

All because of a type of flu... Ridiculous...
Matt77 Posted: 20:53 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449980
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
But it is still worrying given that I have 3 grandparents; one of which is having (minor) health problems recently.

I guess there's still a lot of unpredictability. The media have created so much panic, but it should still be taken seriously. The Australian government have cancelled all public gatherings of more than 500 people, but not schools and universities, since the PM considers those necessities.

I should also mention that apparently new cases in China are almost non-existent now. If the rumours aren't propaganda, it's promising for the rest of the world. It will be interesting whether the cironavirus ever comes back if it disappears. Not everyone supports vaccines, and even if people do vaccinate themselves and their kids, the virus may come back in a different strain like the flu does every year.

Btw do know that I agree there is ridiculous panic. It is going to spread regardless. If governments wanted to stop the spread, they'd shut off public transport.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 13th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 09:22 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449983
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have no grandparents left. :(
Matt77 Posted: 10:58 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449986
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
:(

I didn't know that, sorry to hear.

Canada have controlled the virus outside of the human body, so they can study it now. It's the starting block for an eventual vaccine (please!).

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 18:15 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449989
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Haven't had one for five years. :(
Sanzano Posted: 04:34 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3449996
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Barcelona is in lockdown, shops, resaurants, and bars have been ordered to close. Only chemists and supermarkets are allowed to remain open. Unless you are going to work, food supplies, or an emergency you must remain at home. Supermarkets have no fresh fruit, meat, pasta, rice, and toilet rolls. The streets are literally deserted, no sign of life anywhere. It's like one of those zombie movies.

My wife's dad is in Italy at the center of the outbreak in Bergamo. People have been told which town they can go to for supplies and when and failing to comply will result in a 21 year prison sentence. Looks like the Italians are taking serious steps to beat this virus.

What stage is in your towns guys?

Matt77 Posted: 04:47 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3449998
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
21-year prison sentence?!?! Surely this is just a scare-tactic. You'd hope that Italy wouldn't actually give someone a life sentence because they went into a particular town.

EDIT - You're right. It isn't as bad as it sounds, but the sentence is actually real to an extent. If you have coronavirus and infect someone, causing their death, you will face murder charges (21 years).

https://www.breitbart.com/e...-murder/

The only restrictions in Australia is that people from China, South Korea, Italy etc can't come into the country, and that public gatherings of more than 500 people are banned. Currently businesses, schools, and universities are still open, but that will change. Our sports seasons started this week and also will start next week. This week the NRL was played in front of fans, but next week the AFL and NRL will be played behind closed doors. I expect the competitions to be cancelled within a fortnight. The NRL has a New Zealand team and they came to Australia for an away game, but now they can't go back if they want to compete in the competition (if they go back to NZ, they have to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks).

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 15th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:17 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3450001
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here? No Toilet Paper. No Paper Towels. No Disinfective Items. School (all grades) cancelled for three weeks (enjoy only half of summer break, kids). Closed activity centers. Stores jam packed. Movie Theaters nicely empty.
Matt77 Posted: 09:34 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3450003
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Ah yes, I should've mentioned that. We still have panic buyers here. Toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, paracetamol, cold & flu products, potatoes, pasta, rice, and hand sanitiser are some of the items disappearing from the shelves. Toilet paper panic buying has been going on for 2 weeks, and every day people go out of the shop with four 48-packs. My parents said people are literally running into the shops and pushing past people with their trolleys. And there were several (8?) checkouts open today. 7 of them had 4-5 people waiting in line, but 1 had the line probably stretching back 200 metres for no apparent reason. People just saw a huge line, panicked, didn't use their f*cking eyes, and joined the massive queue.

Brick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick WallBrick Wall

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 15th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Kaniank Posted: 13:36 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3450005
Kaniank
Post Likes: 0
+
I'm also very scared about the corona virus,
But I diverted it by playing games and im very happy because Unipin supports with her promos
Yesterday I got 50k cashback
Matt77 Posted: 00:12 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450006
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Really? How interesting!

ViolinViolinViolin

mrgrtt123 Posted: 01:56 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450017
mrgrtt123
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 3
+
Community quarantine is taking place in my country.
Numbers of cases are getting higher but there are those that have been cured.
I am so scared for my brother since he works as a nurse, but how can stop him if he has been passionate about his profession. Please pray for the world.
Sanzano Posted: 02:53 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450020
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
We are living in strange time, my Dad says he has not experienced anything like this since World War 2 when he was a boy who got evacuated from London to Manchester because of the V2 bombs that were flying overhead and landing on houses when they ran out of gasoline. He says at least then you could see and hear were the danger was. I know what he means, this virus is a silent killer where you don't show no symptoms for two weeks.

JohnnyJohnny Posted: 09:29 Mar19 2020 Post ID: 3450079
JohnnyJohnny
Forum GuestMember
+
I hope that this too shall pass.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:01 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450122
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm pretty much done with the whole thing. It's a flu. People wanna be crazy, then let them be crazy. People wanna make it the plague, then so be it. Pretty much only the elderly are at a higher risk of dying, which is true for any virus or illness towards that age sector. Pathetic.
Kaniank Posted: 13:32 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450123
Kaniank
+
help break the corona virus chain with fun

let's help the government not to go out of the house first now so that the Corona virus can be suppressed spread. So, so you don't get bored with #dirumahaja, UniPin will faithfully accompany you to play games with discounted UniPin Credits that can make you happy & not boring! There is a big discount that we will give up to 20%!Thumbs Up
Warrior13 Posted: 04:34 Jul14 2020 Post ID: 3451881
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No one cares
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close