Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Sharapova retires, Clijsters returns

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Matt77 Posted: 04:01 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449830
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I meant to make a thread a few days ago when I found out the news, but in case amy of you didn't know, Sharapova has retired effective immediately. It's a shame, because I thought she could've got back to playing well for a few more years.

You may be thinking 'more of the greats of tennis are retiring, who are the dominant well-known players in women's tennis?' But 2 weeks ago Kim Clijsters the I think 7-time GS winner launched her tennis comeback & narrowly lost 2-6 6-7 to 2-time GS winner Muguruza. She will be playing again in a few days in Monterrey against Konta.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
mrgrtt123 Posted: 22:37 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449835
mrgrtt123
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 3
+
It is too early for her to retire on her field.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:42 Mar03 2020 Post ID: 3449851
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Goodbye, My Love. <3
Matt77 Posted: 21:53 Mar03 2020 Post ID: 3449853
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Do you think she could take a year or two off and then come back for a season or two? From recollection she's in her very early 30s and would have time. I'd like to see her back to her best one day.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 08:42 Mar04 2020 Post ID: 3449867
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No, she's done. She probably should've retired years ago due to injuries, but her love for the sport kept her coming back. I'm willing to bet she gets into acting. I'd watch her all day long. XD
Matt77 Posted: 10:40 Mar04 2020 Post ID: 3449869
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You're in love <3

And I swear I'm not even joking this time ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:55 Mar04 2020 Post ID: 3449874
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
She's hot. XD
Sanzano Posted: 03:28 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449921
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
She probably wants to settle down and start a family, she no longer gets the big endorsements like Porsche and Tag Heuer and has built up a personal fortune of $325 Million Dollars so she really doesn't need to play any more. Her body over the years must be breaking down anyway from the continuous pounding from playing games all year round so I don't blame her at all. It's a shame she will be remembered as a cheat.

Matt77 Posted: 07:40 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449922
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I don't think she'll be entirely remembered as a cheat. Of course many will remember her that way, but a decent chunk of fans will let it slide. The substance she took wasn't always banned, so it wasn't like she has been a cheat her entire career. I don't think she could've been that ignorant to not see the emails explaining the changes in supplement regulation, but I don't think there was a direct intent to cheat. It was a substance she claimed she needed to take and surprise surprise after her ban had ended and she couldn't take the substance anymore, her form slowly started dropping off.

It's up to interpretation whether it was the effects of her performance-enhancing drugs wearing off, or her necessary drugs not being able to be taken, that caused her fall from grace, apart from obvious injuries. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, just.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:07 Mar09 2020 Post ID: 3449928
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
For all the guys like me in world, she'll be remember for something far different than her scandal. Wiseguy
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close