Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Lock Down

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 23:41 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450238
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Luckily I'm an indoors type of person, so I'm used to it Dancing

But yeah, it's only going to get worse. Not sure if camping is possible in New Mexico, but if I were you I'd take a small holiday while you still can. I'd say there's at least an 80% chance that these measures will eventually be enforced in all US states.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 09:11 Mar28 2020 Post ID: 3450242
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I like being a hermit as well. ;)

Not gonna happen. Violin
Matt77 Posted: 11:11 Mar28 2020 Post ID: 3450243
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lets see if your prediction comes true.

Remember no better than 8-8? ;)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 14:46 Mar28 2020 Post ID: 3450245
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Wasn't I just a year off on my Bears Prediction. Some would say clairvoyant. :P
Matt77 Posted: 23:36 Mar28 2020 Post ID: 3450248
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
But a year later you also surrendered your tipping crown to me Cool

Turns out we're not in full lockdown yet lol. Some businesses and non-essential shops are still open, but that will eventually stop soon. A water truck was being sent rural for the mining exploration camp my dad works for/with, and the police told the driver they had to turn around. They had to apply for special permission. Hopefully it gets passed, or the camp will run out of water for drinking and showering... And to make matters worse, if you drive rural (with special permission of course), you are only allowed to share a car if you live in the same household (even though these guys have been out rural for almost 2 weeks and have a 0% chance of having contracted the virus. There are at least 8 people out there and the company only owns 2 cars. 8 - 2 = 6 people stranded. And if the company gets caught breaking these 'social distancing' rules, they will be fined $50,000.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:55 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450251
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Spain is now in full lockdown from April 30th to April 9th. Spains president was on TV yesterday telling the nation only supermarkets and chemists will remain open and anybody caught without a valid reason faces a 10,000 euro fine. People are dropping like flies in Italy and Spain, it is not unusual at the moment to see an ambulance turn up and take someone away. Worrying times to say the least.

What is going to happen to China when this is all over, they continue to have their wet markets even though the rest of the world has told them to get rid of them. Will they face any repercussions from the rest of the world like sanctions or just become a pariah nation nobody wants to deal with? What makes me laugh is they are blaming Italy for the initial outbreak and also the US military.

Matt77 Posted: 08:33 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450252
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family Dennis Pray

Wow, 344 days of lockdown...sounds rough. Jk, I'm sure that was a typo. I hope that was a typo. The worry is, the lockdown happening in most countries isn't slowing the spread.
In the past 24 hours there have been over 17,000 new cases and over 1,000 new deaths.
32,000 deaths in total.
0.7% of deaths today so far have been as a result of the virus.
One in every 243,000 people have died from the virus so far, or 0.00004% of the population.
Of cases which have currently had an outcome, 18% have died. Two weeks ago that stat was 7%.
One in every 11,400 people currently have the virus (0.0008% of the population).
These numbers will only grow until the so called peak is over in July.

Italy:
92,472 cases
10,023 deaths (10.8% mortality rate)
0.15% of the population have the virus (1 in every 650 people)
0.017% of the population have died as a result of the virus (1 in every 6000)
45% of closed cases were deaths

Spain:
78,797 cases
6,528 deaths (8.3% mortality rate)
0.17% of the population have the virus (1 in every 590)
0.014% of the population have died as a result (1 in every 7100)
31% of closed cases were deaths

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:01 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450255
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Surrendered the Crown? Or passing the torch? Violin

I know it's bad in Spain & Italy, but a number of countries are skewing the numbers. Italy has almost an unheard of elderly population %, and couple that with the fact that overall the region is is more highly populated in terms of per square mile, and you have a very bad situation for any virus, disease, illness, or, yes, flu.

It's almost like how New York City is screwing horribly with USA's numbers. New York City is only 100 squre miles more than where I live, but it's population is almost 20x bigger. Again, very bad for any virus or flu. Add that to NYC not being the cleanest place in the world (I'm realistic enough to admit it) and their government officials not have any sort of reserve on medical supply (they can't keep blaming Trump and previous administrations on that one), and it makes things go from bad to worse.

I continue to believe it isn't a pandemic. I don't think any flu is. Instead, it just goes to show how little every nation in the world has invested in medical supply should something ever break out. History always repeat itself, and this whole situation continues to prove it.
Matt77 Posted: 10:54 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450257
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Surrendered the crown. Sorry :p

I know, I was just pointing out that even though the virus isn't that bad for you and me, it is very bad in those particular countries (where Dennis lives).

(Btw, Italy ranks 2nd in average age at 47yrs. Japan is 1st with an ave of 48yrs. Some other countries of note include Germany & Portugal (46yrs), Spain (45), France (42), Canada (41), Russia & UK (40), and Australia and US (38). Germany and Portugal are doing quite well with their low death counts compared to their high average age)

In my country we have had 16 deaths (0.00000039% of the population), including just 2 in my home state. Yet we are on the verge of full lockdown within 2 weeks. According to the site, Australia had our peak on March 22nd, and daily cases have narrowly fallen ever since. Yet the laws have been getting tougher and tougher ever since we passed that date. The US is definitely getting worse though, and there have been 0 recoveries from the virus in New Mexico.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 29th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:47 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450259
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's just incredibly stupid and extremely rash decision making. What's going happen next year when the common cold or flu breaks when spring/fall hits? Are we gonna board the windows and stash toilet paper again? It's ridiculous.

If you factor out the elderly mortality rate of the virus, what's the rate for anyone under 65? Do we have that number compared to the total number of cases? I'm guessing the percentages are close to your overall percentage Matt where you live.

And what about all the money countries are losing for all the tests that come back negative? Such a waste to ease the anxiety of flipping hypochondriacs.
Kaniank Posted: 14:37 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450262
Kaniank
Post Likes: 0
+
even now the government is suggesting we play games,
I became addicted hahaha
and often top up happens to be unipin because there is a 25% discountDancing
Matt77 Posted: 23:29 Mar29 2020 Post ID: 3450264
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Kaniank - Shut the f*** up bot.

Warrior - The reason for panic is because:
a) The virus has a far greater mortality rate than the flu
b) The virus spreads quicker than the flu
c) Symptoms only appear after 14 days on average, meaning people spread the virus without realising
d) The media (news and social media) repeat headlines and deaths over and over

I take back what I said about Australia's peak having ended. Yesterday was equally the worst day so far for Aus. But that could easily be a random spike. The US however has trended downwards for the first time ever.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 29th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 08:23 Mar30 2020 Post ID: 3450266
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Double posting because I found this horrifying article. Queensland (a state in Aus) have these laws, which will be in place for 1 month minimum.

- No more than 2 people are allowed in a house (excludes if you are a family/couple who live together)
- If you live alone, you are allowed 1 visitor at a time
- If you and your partner live in separate houses, you are not allowed to see each other
- You are now only allowed to leave home to get food and medicine, go to work, exercise, visit a doctor, or provide care to someone who needs it
- Violating these laws results in a $1300 fine

Welcome to a totalitarian life Queensland! Warrior, these laws will arrive in my home state Western Australia very soon. The only way my best friend an his fiance will be able to see each other is at the shops Brick Wall

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:14 Mar30 2020 Post ID: 3450267
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sounds like the opposite of freedom. Oh yeah, PRISON.

Trump shared in a conference yesterday that one of our labs has designed a test that will give results in as little as five minutes. Should help to slow things down further.

I understand the morality and spread rates are higher than the flu, but it's so small in the grand of schemes, much like the flu.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 30th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 12:02 Mar30 2020 Post ID: 3450268
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Meh, I wouldn't believe a word Trump says. After all, he thinks the virus is a hoax.

From what I've read on various other websites/forums/articles, the US is going to be the worst affected country in the world. You have an extremely large population, and there are poor lockdown measures in place. And it turns out the US currently has the largest number of cases worldwide (146,000).

Italy's mortality rate has increased by 0.6% in 1 day...(11.4%).

Well...in the UK 91% of closes cases have been deaths. That says people aren't recovering quickly, or that their health system is bad (or both). Btw, it will be announced on Wednesday that Wimbledon will be cancelled. That's cancelled, not postponed.

We'll need to keep a close eye on China. They are well past their peak of the virus. But there are strong suspicions that a 2nd wave will appear in all countries after their respective peaks. If a 2nd wave does appear in China, it's very very bad. It would mean the NFL season would be cancelled or postponed by 4 months minimum, no tennis would be played until 2021 at the earliest, and lockdown measures would continue until 2021 at the earliest. Not to mention more deaths.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:35 Mar30 2020 Post ID: 3450269
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The company is shipping out the tests starting today, so I have to believe that's true. XD

Of course the US is gonna be hit the hardest. High population, previous administrations did nothing to be prepared. lol

One so called doctor said the US death count could hit 200,000. That's laughable. On top of it as much a possible right now, and the death count isn't even at 3,000 yet here. -_-

Italy has a very high elderly rate. That number is going to keep going up and up.

Poor Federer. He might as well retire. lol

No second wave. Just completion. Stay positive.
Sanzano Posted: 01:22 Mar31 2020 Post ID: 3450271
Sanzano
+
Same in Spain, you are looking at heavy fines or a prison sentence if you are out without a valid reason. If you go to the supermarket you have to produce a reciept for over 30 euros of goods.

Not sure what is happening in the UK, supermarkets have absolutely nothing on their shelves with long queues outside, the British government are talking about bringing in war time rationing so the vulnerable get supplies and it stop panic buying. In Spain it's the opposite, the supermarkets are stocked full but the Spaniards are too scared to leave their homes, hardly anyone in them.

Matt77 Posted: 01:36 Mar31 2020 Post ID: 3450274
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
(Hello Dennis, we're both viewing this thread at the same time)

Warrior - 2 new deaths in New Mexico. Enjoy freedom while you can lol.

I'm not sure tests will have such a big impact. The average person is not allowed to get tested. You can only get tested if you have symptoms, and people can be infected with the virus 2 weeks before symptoms show up. The tests will hopefully help diagnose the patients in hospitals quickly, but it doesn't help the spread.

That doctor is probably right though. The US have poor measures in place to stop the spread. Lets say the US finally implements some restrictions, and in a bad scenario 15% get infected during the peak. That's 2 million deaths.

To reach that 200,000 death mark, only 6.7 million people would need to be infected (2% of the US population). If no vaccines/improvements are found, it's pretty plausible for 200k to die.

EDIT - You posted just before I did Dennis, so I didn't see your post. Panic buying is still happening here too. There are long queues, but it's partially because customers are told by staff to stand 2 metres apart. Toilet paper is still an antique, and other items are still being panic bought, but it's getting slightly better.

It's quite ironic now that European countries in the EU have lots of supplies, yet the UK who recently left the EU need supplies, but can't ask for them.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 31st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:18 Apr02 2020 Post ID: 3450291
Sanzano
+
There is the possibility if you had the BCG jab when you were a kid you are protected against the virus. The BCG was administered to kids at British schools between the years 1952-2005. I remember having it, a three inch needle that left a white scar I still have on my arm. Apparently they are doing tests and if it does hel it will become available for everybody who didn't have it for 30 pounds sterling.

Matt77 Posted: 03:06 Apr02 2020 Post ID: 3450293
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That makes a bit of sense. India almost have the largest population of any country, yet they have had very few cases considering the number of people in the country. Apparently Indian children get that vaccine soon after birth.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close