Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Nostalgia, reflections, other feelings

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:53 Aug31 2020 Post ID: 3452127
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
All good things come to an end, that's true enough. I hope the main site and your other ventures remain successful and fulfilling for you and yours.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 07:32 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452128
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Practically all fans want the 4th Gen Remakes. Well, actually, most have wanted them for about four years now (since the tenth anniversary of their original release). Hopefully they come next, would make sense since Sword & Shield were pretty rushed. S&S were so rushed they didn?t include every Pokemon in the coding, blamed on the immense work involved in the animations, which caused enough of an outrage that the creators were forced to add more legacy Pokes in the DLC. Hopefully it all works to their advantage since they could just roll over the Pokemon Animations now created for years to come (which should allow for sll to be included).
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:10 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452129
steelersrock01
+
It's amazing how much trouble they had with the animations since many of them aren't noticeably better than they were on the Gamecube.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:50 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452130
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
So true. lol

It was just an easy way out. They chose the deadline in conjunction with Nintendo, and the way to meet that demand was to cut the Pokes and Story. The whole story revolves Eternatus and Rose, but Leon handles it every time things go awry. You literally have to suddenly battle Eternatus without really knowing anything about it. And you get to play through this cut story with one of the smallest generations ever. Not the worst game ever, but corners were cut. Or as Game Feak might say, "shortcuts".
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:41 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452131
steelersrock01
+
I didn't even mind the cut Pokes so much, since to me the entire point of anew gen is to use new Pokes. What bothered me was that the ones that were left in still looked so bad. Along with the fact that the story was just lazy. And the rival sucked. I hate the new rival where they're basically the MCs best friend. Give me a real challenging rival.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:49 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452132
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I agree. I miss the days of Blue & Silver. They were such antithesis of the main characters that you always wanted to one up them.

Brendan/May were also good, especially in the remakes were you got the relationship aspect for a real change. Sick boy Wally becoming a trainer was also a nice side story.

Barry was awesome in Sinnoh. The best friend approach but still a fierce rival, also felt like a real person.

Cheren was pooh, but let's be real: N made B/W. 5th Gen was really when the rivals started to diminish.

Serena (and friends) was horrible in Galar; she was a much better suited for the Anime. Then again, Galar as a whole wasn't the best.

Hau was crud too, but at least you had Lillie and Gladion. If not for them as supporting characters, along with the first ever "Who's the real bad guys?" approach, S/M would've been a bust.

Hop wasn't that great either. The little brother plot was different, but he basically was a male version of Bianca from Unova. You know, never good enough so I'll just become a Professor's Assistant. Bore.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:40 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452133
steelersrock01
+
Confession: I haven't actually played X/Y. I got a 2DS late in the system's lifespan and went right to Sun. I've been meaning to do a full Poke runthrough (Leafgreen/HG/Emerald/Platinum/Black/Black 2/X/Ultra Sun/Sword) but lost steam when my save got corrupted halfway through HG. Haven't had the time to keep going. I haven't seriously watched the anime since the Orange Islands arc, still wish those were represented in the games.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Sep 1st 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:39 Sep01 2020 Post ID: 3452134
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I've only played 2 Pokemon games; Uranium and Moon. I liked both, so hopefully I'll like Shield too, since I don't have any expectations and haven't played older editions.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:30 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452138
steelersrock01
+
I think you'll like Shield. Afterwards, if you can, grab an emulator or something that can play something from the GBA or DS games. You'll get some perspective on why we look back on them so fondly, and you'll have a new appreciation for all the new quality of life stuff in the recent games.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:13 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452140
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: You didn't miss much with X/Y. Probably the worst game by far from the Pokemon Company. Team Flare was horrible. No true rival. No sequel game. Outside of Mega Evolutions, not much of a point. A huge miss imo with the legendary trio as great as Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.

Matt: As Mike said, try to find the time to play older Pokemon Games. So much greatness in those earlier games.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:51 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452141
steelersrock01
+
I've heard that. I still would like to give them a try because it feels strange not having played a generation. Mega evolutions seem really interesting.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:12 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452142
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mega Evolutions was a really good concept. It's a same they went away from it after one generation, but that seems to be the norm now. 6th Gen had Mega Evolution, 7th had Z-Crystals, and now 8th has Dynamax (which is like Z-Moves except for three turns). 9th Gen will probably have something new, unless they're gonna milk Dynamax until people are sick of it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:21 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452144
steelersrock01
+
I'm already sick of Dynamax lol. The animation just takes so damn long! Let me skip it!
Warrior13 Posted: 14:31 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452145
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I feel the same. I caught all the Gigantamax Forms, and then I stopped with the Dynamax. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:57 Sep02 2020 Post ID: 3452147
steelersrock01
+
I'm sure they'll come up with something equally goofy for next gen. I worry about their DLC policy. $60 is one thing, but then they make 2 versions and the dlc doesn't transfer between games. What used to be at most $70 is now like $180 if you want the whole package.
Warrior13 Posted: 06:08 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452150
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
At least S&S DLC was $30 for both parts. I can see 4th Gen Remakes coming next and players getting to catch both Dialga and Palkia during normal gameplay no matter the version (like Gold & Silver). Post game for Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia. DLC can have two parts once again: first can be distortion world and Giratina, second can be Shaymin and Darkrai on way to Arceus.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:24 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452152
steelersrock01
+
I'm going to be furious if the split the D/P remakes postgame into DLC. If it was there in the original, it should be there in the remake. Especially assuming we are going to be paying $60. It's ridiculous if they do DLC so we end up paying $90 for a remake of a 13 year old game that was originally $30. That's worse than what they did with DK Tropical Freeze, releasing it for $50 on Wii U and then porting it to the Switch and charging $60.

Also, did you see the new Mario announcements? A collection of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy, but only available for 6 months then gone forever? Why is Nintendo like this? The Mario 35 game looks cool too, but again - only available through March. I hate this artificial scarcity stuff. Just release the game for a fair price and let me buy it when I want.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Sep 3rd 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:48 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452155
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I wouldn't mind if there are two DLC in the 4th Gen Remakes and one is specifically dedicated to Giratina and the Distortion World, sort of like paying homage to Platinum. Perhaps Cyrus plans with Dialga and Palkia haltered by main character before preceding to Giratina, where he is eventually arrested by Looker. Breaks free from jail in second DLC where he goes after Arceus.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:30 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452156
steelersrock01
+
If they can build upon the story, I'd be okay with that. I'm fine with spending money but dislike cash grabs which Nintendo especially seems fond of.
Matt77 Posted: 23:23 Sep03 2020 Post ID: 3452158
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Nintendo love porting games to newer, more popular consoles, forcing you to either spend money on a game you have already completed/have unlocked everything, or miss out while people you know buy the ported version. Their decision to port Mario Kart 8 from Wii U (which I owned and no one else did) to Switch (which other people decided to buy) was what put me off new Nintendo consoles/games for a few years.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close