Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Pokemon Legends Arceus Announced!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453449
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Pokemon Legends Arceus announced! A brand new style of Pokemon Gaming! A lot like Let's Go, but with seamless catching and battling in the wild! Revolving around the Pokemon God, Arceus!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:19 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453451
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
So I guess this is the Breath of the Wild but pokemon game. It looks alright. The open world is a bit bare and empty, which I know is "the point", but still. I hope there's some kind of story and the whole game isn't just "go out and catch X number of pokemon" and then it ends. I like some structure.

I'm cautiously optimistic but I have a feeling this one is going to be lackluster. It's a first attempt at a whole new thing, albeit an evolution of the Wild Area. I think it's going to end up barebones and once the novelty of a full open world wears off we're going to be disappointed.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:11 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453454
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I can see that as well. I'm hoping it will be good since it does revolve around Areceus, but I'm not going to have expectations (like any Pokemon Game since I don't want them to be a downer). I'm just glad it's not completely like Let's Go and/or it wasn't Let's Go Johto. Hoping it does have some story to it like you, but I think you might be right about the catching part. Rumors leading up to the stream was that there would be a "Let's Go Catching". I had no idea what that would entail, but I think this might be it. I don't know if I would mind having to catch everything in game before being able to battle Arceus, but I do hope it's not go catch everything without any type of structure/quests/story.

I do like how the graphics are different than that of Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, keeps it somewhat fresh by alternating. Guessing Pokemon Direct 2022 will be about Legends Arceus since it likely won't come out before 2/27/22, probably with the announcement of either 9th Gen or Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl DLC Packages for Summer & Winter 2022 (which, if they go with that route, I would think would have to do with the Distortion World).

One thing I don't like: Could we get any worse Legacy Starter Pokemon? lol Wish they had gone with three of the best rather than three of the mediocre.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:41 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453457
steelersrock01
+
Yeah. Don't crucify me for this, but I don't actually catch that many Pokemon when I play. Normally I find my team pretty early on and don't catch too many more. I end up with like 30-40 in my dex.

I never played Lets Go. The motion controls threw me off.

Please no with DLC for the remakes. A $60 remake of a $35 game, plus an additional ~$25 DLC? It's Nintendo so I'm about 95% sure it'll happen, but blah. Just include it all in the base.

Agreed with the starters. I guess I'll be going with Cyndaquil. Rowlet ends up with a cool typing, and Samurott is okay. Empoleon is such a cooler water starter though, so I'll be using Piplup in the remakes and probably won't want to go Water in this too. Plus this is Sinnoh so if it's mostly the Sinnoh Pokemon there's not many fire types.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:54 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453460
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Of course you do. Why do I say that? Because I do the same exact thing. XD XD XD

Let's Go was okay. Not the worse thing ever, but not the best. Pretty much a test run things they wanted to bring forward with the franchise, some of which was seen in Sw/Sh.

Yeah, I'd have to think DLC will be next for them to buy some time with 9th Gen. Pretty much: Arceus Spring 2022, D/P DLC #1 Summer OR Fall 2022, D/P DLC #2 Fall 2022 OR Spring 2023, and then 9th Gen Fall 2023. Obviously, they could scratch the D/P DLC and go 9th Gen in Fall 2022, but if they go that route, I'd have to believe they would do Let's Go Johto in Fall 2022 with 9th Gen still in Fall 2023.

(On the subject of Let's Go Johto... If they do it, I hope they do it only as one game and call it Let's Go Espeon & Umbreon, and make it sort of Colosseum but based in the Johto Region and the second wave of Team Rocket.)

Of course you're going with Cyndaquil. What do I say that? Because I knew I would be going with Cyndaquil when I saw the options. XD XD XD
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:10 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453463
steelersrock01
+
Hahahah.

I can see that being their timeline. I can also see a scenario where Legends is a success and they do a version for another region in Summer 2023. With D/P DLC in Summer 2022 and Gen 9 in Holiday 2022. This might be too aggressive, and I can also see D/P DLC in Spring and Winter 2022 and Legends DLC in early 2023, with gen 9 in Fall 23.

Let's Go Johto in the style of Colosseum and XD would be cool. I think it's time for those games to get some more love. I'd also take a straight-up remake of them.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:34 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453466
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't think it would be too aggressive. Come to think of it, Fall 2022 is probably the date for 9th Gen anyway since they've been doing a new generation every three years since D/P (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019). You might be right.

I think Let's Go Johto would be the perfect scenario for a Colosseum remake. You could be the main character, perhaps even Silver trying to stop Giovanni, with Espeon and Umbreon as partners. Trying to stop Team Rocket who's latest plan is to use Shadow Pokemon. But a brand new colosseum would also be cool. I know there were a few people wanting that with this announcement, but we all knew it would be fourth gen remakes. I'm sure it will be the next non mainstream game to be redone; Snap has been wanted forever.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:55 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453469
steelersrock01
+
I never played Snap so this new version doesn't really appeal to me. Hopefully they really do do Colosseum next, the format is perfect for the Switch I think.
Warrior13 Posted: 05:43 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453474
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I was still very young with the Nintendo 64, but my siblings and I played it like crazy. Stadium, Snap, Mario 64, Yoshi Story, you name it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:04 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453476
steelersrock01
+
I never had an N64 :( It's the one system (besides Xbox) that I never had from Ps1 till now. Well I didn't have a Wii U either. I've tried to emulate some N64 games but it's not a great experience. A lot of games from the Ps1/N64 era really didn't age well, the devs were so ambitious with the 3D but the tech wasn't there yet.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:55 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453479
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It was awesome playing N64 in its heyday. Many of the games were way ahead of its time. Of course, playing it now, you'd have to really be willing to sacrifice the overall look to play. Just had to be there, I guess. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:02 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453483
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, I feel the same way about a lot of PS1 games and even some of the PS2 mascot platformers. I remember loving some games and then you go back and try to play them now and it's just not the same. NFL Street is a good example, it's so clunky. 2D games tend to age so much better, I can still go back and play GBC or SNES just fine but that first 3D gen is just hard to go back to.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:27 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453488
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I could play Street forever if I were to get it now. Don't even care about the graphics. Loved that thing. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:04 May26 2021 Post ID: 3454356
steelersrock01
+
Release date announced: Jan 28, 2022.

Quite a bit earlier than we expected but also falls in like with the Holiday 2021 release of D/P and probably D/P DLC in Summer 2021.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:55 May26 2021 Post ID: 3454360
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Way earlier than I was thinking. I thought it might be 4-6 months after BD/SP to properly space things, thinking Summer 2022 would be more DLC.

I read somewhere that fans believe Sw/Sh will be getting another DLC (two parts). I can't remember why as I read the article a few weeks ago, but I think that person who always foretells what will be coming mentioned it in the same post as 4th Gen Remakes (turned out to be BD/SP) and something different (Arceus). Last I heard, they were supposedly going to be called The Scepter Sea and the Cinder Citadel. Seriously doubt that with these release dates.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 26th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:11 May26 2021 Post ID: 3454362
steelersrock01
+
More Sw/Sh DLC would really surprise me. That's really packing the schedule with Pokemon, since I'm still expecting a Gen 9 release in Holiday 2022.

I have to admit the trailer for Arceus did not seem like a game that was 11 months from release. I'm really tempering my expectations especially with it releasing on top of D/P. Have a bad feeling Arceus will be a technically-poor proof of concept that they'll refine in later entries. Nintendo games are held to a different standard, I know, but it is almost embarrassing when you put what was shown in the Arceus trailer up against games released on the other consoles and PC in the last 10 years.

I'm part of the problem because I'll be buying this and the D/P remakes as long as they aren't complete disasters, but Game Freak/Nintendo will eventually have to step up to the plate and bring an experience that's on par with other games. The Pokemon brand isn't quite enough for me anymore - I skipped the Sw/Sh DLC after being pretty disappointed with the games.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:43 May26 2021 Post ID: 3454364
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, it would definitely be pushing it. The only way I can see them doing the Sw/Sh DLC 3 & 4 that was foretold by the leaker is if they want to go big with the 25th Anniversary. Again, I doubt it considering the release dates for BD/SP & Arceus.

Oh, most definitely Arceus is just the foundation for future Pokemon Games like it. I expect it to be pretty small in terms of overall plot, but I'm hoping it has more subsistence than just catching Pokemon. We'll see.

I thought the DLC Package was good, but I think it would've been even better if it had been released with the release of the games. With six Level 100 Pokes, I pretty much finished both within hours.

I'm going in with no expectations all around just so I have a good time like always. I still have to play the new Snap before the new games comes; been way busy lately with work to even think about that.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 26th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:51 May26 2021 Post ID: 3454366
steelersrock01
+
I try not to be too much of a snob with graphics and all but I get really frustrated when you look at games like Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank and even Breath of the Wild and compare it with recent Pokemon offerings. Totally different genres, but it just goes to show there's just so much potential not being met because the games sell so well regardless.

I don't think I'll be getting Snap. Not really my jam. I've been a bit busy too and haven't been gaming the past couple months.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:59 May26 2021 Post ID: 3454372
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yep. Why put in the work when people are going to buy regardless? Obviously their thinking.

I have to just for nostalgia sake.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:07 May26 2021 Post ID: 3454376
steelersrock01
+
That's such a loser mindset though, and if other video game developers or authors or artists or musicians did the same thing we'd never have anything nice at all.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close