Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

I Have A Full-Time Job!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:12 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456620
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, I guess. Here in Jersey the weather is decent. We at least get 4 distinct seasons, at least usually. Nowadays there isn't always too much of a spring or autumn. We jump right from winter into a week or so of chilly weather and then it starts getting humid, and in the end of the year it goes from being 90F down to 50 something in a week or two.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 11:57 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456622
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I don't get watching the weather channel. I got my parents both smartphones a year ago, and they both know how to check the weather app. And yet, they still watch the weather channel every morning. I always ask why, and they say they want to know what's going on in the rest of the US. Again, I ask why since they don't live anywhere else, and they say because they want to know. It kills me every time.

I feel like I brought New Mexico's weather up with me to Iowa, at least for the most part. Tomorrow is literally going to be 70-75. In what world would Iowa have a 70+ in the middle of December? lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:13 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456629
steelersrock01
+
My parents watch the local news for the weather, but my dad does the same thing with the weather channel lol.

It's been hovering in the 50s here for a while. A bit warmer than average but nothing drastic. We have had the odd day around the 70s though. Normally we start dipping into the 40s by now.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:21 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456635
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I despise local news. It's just trash wherever you live. Half of it is about criminals, and the other half is about anything but news. National news like FoxNews and CNN are it for me.

No offense, and I'm joking when I say this, but if this is what global warming will be like for our generation, I could definitely get used to it. XD
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:46 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456637
steelersrock01
+
Some of our local is alright. But really it is half crimes and half feel-good fluff pieces.

And yeah, it might be selfish but I'm with ya. I can do without the 20 degree winters with snowstorms every week.
Sanzano Posted: 14:58 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456641
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
The news in the UK is always bad, I don't bother watching it any more because it's just depressing. They never report anything uplifting, just viruses, wars, and local crime. So much crime I sometimes wonder how I managed to survive 34 years in London before I came to Spain.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 14th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 22:36 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456642
steelersrock01
+
I really think that's why so many people, especially young people, are dealing with so much depression and anxiety these days. They're online all the time on Facebook and Twitter and everything just scrolling and seeing all these news companies that only post terrible negative news 24/7. The positive stuff doesn't get ratings and engagement.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Dec 14th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:22 Dec15 2021 Post ID: 3456643
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
You may be onto something steelersrock01, never thought of it like that. The unemployment rate in Spain for young people between the age of 18-25 is terrible, literally two thirds of them are out of work. The number of children that still live with their parents who are in their twenties and thirties is staggering, they have been priced out of the housing market, no chance of getting on the ladder. The banks will not give you a mortgage unless you can stump up the majority of what is needed. Crime is everywhere and I'm sure you have seen the riots in Barcelona on your TV with the Catalans wanting to leave Spain and be a country like Andorra. Yes, social media is fueling it.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:07 Dec16 2021 Post ID: 3456663
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I agree with Mike. But in that same sense, I feel like too many people, especially younger people, try to use "anxiety" as an excuse for everything.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:24 Dec16 2021 Post ID: 3456667
steelersrock01
+
Oh dude that is so frustrating. I know there are some people that legitimately get real panic attacks or whatever, but so many people get "anxiety" now whenever they have to do something an inch out of their comfort zone. Having to talk on the phone or in front of people and being nervous does not mean you have an anxiety disorder! You are anxious in the moment! You are nervous! It's completely normal. Everything just has to be made part of your personality nowadays for people to feel special.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 14:12 Jan12 2022 Post ID: 3456872
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Congrats! Pay those bills, get on top of that savings! You're awesome. Keep being awesome. Thanks. - db_77

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Feb 18th 2022 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Displaying Page 9 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close