Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

New Blood

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Warrior13 Posted: 22:13 Dec30 2021 Post ID: 3456762
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Last weeks episode was pretty stale. Took forty of the forty five minutes to get good. The last five minutes set up for the final two episodes.

Pretty sure there will be no renewal of Dexter New Blood. Seems more and more like a one and done. If so, you have to think he gets arrested or killed in the process.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 02:51 Jan01 2022 Post ID: 3456769
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Sounds that way, the fans hated how there was no disclosure at the end of the original series so they won't do the same again. I think they will kill the character off in some bizarre twist that makes him look like a hero. Unless New Blood proves to be a success in which case an alternate ending may have been filmed to continue the series.

Warrior13 Posted: 22:18 Jan02 2022 Post ID: 3456780
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Tonights episode was good. You found out where the main killer has be stashing the bodies - one of the best ever - and then Dexter and his son killed him (like everyone expected).

Coming attractions showed him getting arrested. Sad to kill it after reviving it under a new name, but because he will likely be arrested under circumstantial evidence, it could leave it open for more seasons. Unless, of course, they do something crazy that prevents such.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 2nd 2022 »
Sanzano Posted: 05:05 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456782
Sanzano
+
So Dexter's son has joined him as a father and son serial killer team? That's a first, never heard of that before.

If the ratings are good at the end of the season a new one will be commissioned. Sounds like the ratings are so so at the moment otherwise a new season would be underway now.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:32 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456787
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The writer has said that they wrote it to end it once and for all, but still in a way that can be brought back if renewed. I am guessing that this is it. Again, I do not understand why you bring it back under a new name if it was going to be one and done, but it is what it is.
Sanzano Posted: 15:20 Jan03 2022 Post ID: 3456792
Sanzano
+
Seems strange that they brought Dexter back for just a one-off, there must of been the option to make more series if it was successful.

I saw James Remnar and Julie Benz at the London comic marts a couple of years ago, I should have asked them if they knew what was happening with the series.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:01 Jan09 2022 Post ID: 3456834
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dexter just ended, Dennis. And I mean it ENDED.

I think you know what that means.
Sanzano Posted: 19:01 Jan15 2022 Post ID: 3456901
Sanzano
+
They killed him off? How did he die, did he face the death penalty.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:01 Jan15 2022 Post ID: 3456903
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dude, I did not like this ended either.

So, the chick cop Dexter was banging finally figures out that he is the Bay Harbor Butcher. She has him arrested, but Dexter basically kills the case by stating why all her info if circumstantial. She doesn't care, so she puts Dexter in a cell. After a few hours in the cell, she wants to question him again. She tells him that she contacted Batista and that he now knows Dexter is alive and is heading to New York with the Bay Harbor Butcher file. Dexter goes off the record and tells her how the main killer was the real killer of the runaway girls that passed through the small town, and the chick cop goes to confirm. While she is away, Dexter kills the other cop on duty to escape (this was way out of the Dexter norm, he would have never killed an innocent just so that he could talk to his son). Anyway, chick cop finds the main killer's victims, but then she realizes Dexter escaped after no call back from the station. Dexter calls his son to meet him at a spot so that they can flee the city, but when the son finds out that Dexter killed the innocent cop, he realizes that Dexter kills to feed his monster and not help people. Dexter tells him he has to leave with or without him, and then the son grabs his gun. After telling Dexter he is a monster, Dexter realizes that what he says is true and basically tells his son to shoot him. The son does so, and Dexter dies. As he is dying, the imagine of his sister is shown holding Dexter's hand. The chick cop comes on the scene, tells Dexter's son to flee the city as she gives him a handful of cash, and she calls in the death as a police shooting.

So, yes, Dexter is dead. Writer tried saying they did so to keep it authentic, but that's a load a bull. There have been plenty of serial killers never caught, so you didn't have to kill or jail Dexter, you know? But whatever. And I'm not interested in some spin off with his son, as the producer hinted about. Bleh.

I'm just going to get back to writing the fan fiction of Dexter that I was mapping out before New Blood. lol
Sanzano Posted: 03:01 Jan18 2022 Post ID: 3456931
Sanzano
+
I think this is referred to as 'Jumping the Shark' in reference to the Happy Days episode where the Fonz uncharacteristically jumped a shark on water skis when the series ratings plummeted. You are right, Dexter would never kill an innocent. I too have no interest in a series with Dexter's son. Michael C Hall to me was half the reason the series was so good, he can't be replaced.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 01:37 Jan20 2022 Post ID: 3456945
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Popping in to say hi, Dennis. You're not responding to my DMs, so I'm here now.

I, uh... my roommate watched Dexter. Jennifer Carpenter is hot. Her eyes. Oh, man.

That's my contribution here. More a gamer than a show-watcher. Hi. Hello. Sorry to intrude.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:32 Jan20 2022 Post ID: 3456950
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: Exactly. I called it out immediately when it happened. No way the character would have done that, especially when he knew all the evidence was circumstantial.

Darkboarder: Why did you have to go and mention those alluring eyes? lol She's way hot.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 02:41 Jan23 2022 Post ID: 3456972
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Truth though. She's a bit thin for me, but the eyes always get me. I like my women a bit thicc'r. Still. Damn.

Edit: How've you been, Dennis? Been years. I was a sh*tty member here. Just popping in. Not a teen anymore. Hope you and Rich are good. Thanks for responding.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Jan 23rd 2022 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Sanzano Posted: 15:21 Jan25 2022 Post ID: 3456994
Sanzano
+
Hi Darkboarder77, I remember you, whenever there was some kind of controversy going on in the Supercheats forums you were almost always involved somehow.

How has life been treating you, it's literally been years since I last saw you post. If I remember correctly you were a big time Pokdmon player.

Do you know anything about US football?

Warrior13 Posted: 03:56 Jan27 2022 Post ID: 3457008
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dark: She?s perfect in my eyes. lol
darkboarder_77 Posted: 05:32 Jan27 2022 Post ID: 3457009
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Warrior: Oh, I get it. Gets a wee liter of blood pumping in new places when I see'r. Then again, I'm a certified thirsti boi.

Dennis: Did you delete your first response? Haha. Yeah, I was the Pokemon guy, but I posted for multiple Pokemon games, and you were worried it was degrading the state of the site, which, in hindsight, I get.

I was behind probably every gotdamn controversy on here short of the stuff Ozzo and others started, but I was usually there to make something of the drama. I fed on negativity back then; these days, I just laugh at it.

I'm not a fan of American football, but it's strangely interesting to watch when other friends put it on. I don't know a lot about it these days, no.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Jan 27th 2022 »

darkboarder_77 Posted: 04:42 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457153
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
I... I killed this thread?

It's because I said Jennifer Carpenter was too thin, huh?

Ah, f*ck. Shamble back to my shame shack, I shall.

Sanzano Posted: 05:53 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457155
Sanzano
+
I'm not a Jennifer Carpenter fan, she does nothing for me. I find her annoying. Julie Benz who played Dexter's wife is more to my liking. I saw her at a London comic convention a few years back and she looked lovely.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 04:56 Feb23 2022 Post ID: 3457192
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Sanzano said:I'm not a Jennifer Carpenter fan, she does nothing for me. I find her annoying. Julie Benz who played Dexter's wife is more to my liking. I saw her at a London comic convention a few years back and she looked lovely.

(*Google*)

Nah. Carpenter wins with the hot eyes.

Not to say Julie ain't hotness, but... mm. The brunette with the permanent bedroom eyes has this.

Did you know there was a study done on what men most fixate on in women? It's the eyes.

(*weird exhale*)

Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close