Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 09:12 Nov19 2021 Post ID: 3456105
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
You are the top man! Thanks

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:17 Nov19 2021 Post ID: 3456107
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I'm sure he'll be able to add more as he plays. I don't think I've met anyone with as much encyclopedic Pokemon knowledge as Warrior.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:03 Nov19 2021 Post ID: 3456111
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I doubt there will be much more to add that is not basic knowledge since they are sadly almost a hundred percent the same, but you could always add some of the more key stuff.

Shiny Pokemon still do not appear in the overworld, you have to enter the Pokemon encounter to find out.

Poke Radar is obtained after completing National Pokedex. Grasses will shine a goldish color if it is a Shiny Pokemon.

You obtain the National Pokedex by SEEING all the Pokemon in the Sinnoh Pokedex.

By completing the National Pokedex and CATCHING every Pokemon, you obtain the Shiny Charm. Increases finding Shiny Pokemon like usual.

All trainers and their Pokemon remain the same as the original Diamond and Pearl. Only difference is that Gym Leader and Elite Four Rematches are crazy strong. Champion Cynthia is strongest trainer ever during second rematch.

Shadow Giratina strongest Wild Pokemon Battle ever at Level 100. Sadly cannot be captured.

Mystery Gift can be activated as soon as first city. But if skipped at that point, it will automatically be gained after defeating the third Pokemon Gym.

You can also obtain what is called DS Sounds. Just allows players to listen to the classic tunes from Diamond and Pearl.

Thats about it, Dennis. If you want any other tips, just use what is in the Diamond and Pearl stuff already on the site. Pokemon Legends Arceus is going to be the big one in February. Breath of the Wild imitation with 7 New Pokemon, 17 New Hisuian Forms, Primal Dialga, Primal Palkia, and most likely Primal/Mega Arceus and Giratina. Contents of Arceus will also connect to 9th Generation, which is rumored to be coming in Fall 2022.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 19th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 02:33 Nov20 2021 Post ID: 3456114
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, steelersrock01 is correct, you are a walking encyclopedia on Pokeman games. Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate your help as I know next to nothing about Pokemon.

Warrior13, if you are interested in producing a guide for the new game that comes out in February for some extra cash let me know and I'll mention it to Rich and see what he says.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:56 Nov20 2021 Post ID: 3456122
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: Just found out Ramanas Park is actually on Route 221. You still need the National Pokedex to access it.

Mike: I?m just about to Sunyshore City. Really easy when Pokemlm happiness kicks in. Random dodges, crits, and status healings. Nice to save on cash, but I am cruising. For fun, I tried to catch Feebas. Found one of its four random tiles in Mt. Coronet in just a half hour. Trying to evolve it before Elite Four, but I seriously doubt. There are like no high level beauty berries. Probably going to end up with Torterra, Staraptor, Garchomp, Manaphy, Jirachi, and Dialga. I was going to do a cool transfer team originally, but that was killed with no Pokemon Home update. :/
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:32 Nov20 2021 Post ID: 3456126
steelersrock01
+
Always funny how the Route 2 Pidgey clone ends up in the team in 90% of runs lol.

It amazes me how they get things like Home integration so wrong. How is that something not ready for launch? How hard can it really be?
Sanzano Posted: 04:51 Nov21 2021 Post ID: 3456128
Sanzano
+
Lol, you two are talking in a foreign language I have no idea what you are going on about.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:23 Nov21 2021 Post ID: 3456135
steelersrock01
+
Lmao. I understand. I was pretty much the perfect age to grow up with the original games and every generation that came after. I think Pokemon is something you kinda had to grow up with to really get the magic of it. A ton of games have come out in the past decade or so with the same monster catching gameplay and none of them see anywhere near the success of Pokemon despite arguably being better as games. Pokemon just has something special going for it, though it's admittedly wearing a bit thin for me these days.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Nov 21st 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 12:55 Nov21 2021 Post ID: 3456136
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I had to go with Staraptor. ACE is my boy.

I was able to evolve Feebas. Trying to get Heracross now. Hoping Champion team will be Torterra, Staraptor, Garchomp, Milotic, Lucario, Heracross.

I heard that BD/SP might not even be compatible with Arceus and SW/SH. That would make no sense. Basically complete Dex with home and thats it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:26 Nov21 2021 Post ID: 3456142
steelersrock01
+
That's a nice team. I try to avoid using legendaries on my E4 teams whenever I can. It feels kinda cheap.
Sanzano Posted: 16:06 Nov21 2021 Post ID: 3456144
Sanzano
+
Pokemon must be a nostalgia thing, I still have a love for comics I can't explain and I'm 52. I got bitten by the comic collecting bug age 7 when the Marvel Star Wars comic was released in 1977 to coincide with the movie, which blew my young mind away when my Dad took me to see it.

Pokemon did nothing for me, I was in my twenties when the Pokemon craze started.I guess I missed the boat, the wrong age.

I saw that a Pikachu trading card went for $375,000 dollars at auction recently, I have no idea why it's so valuable. Comics I understand, Action Comics No 1 went for $3.2 million dollars because it is the first appearance of Superman.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 21st 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 19:08 Nov21 2021 Post ID: 3456149
steelersrock01
+
Yeah see I was like 4 when the first games came out and 6 or 7 when I first played them. I was 12 when the games these remakes are based on came out so I'm really fond of them. You were definitely too old lol, if I was in my twenties when I was first exposed to them I'm sure I wouldn't get the craze either.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:25 Nov21 2021 Post ID: 3456153
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Heres an update for you Dennis now that I have played the outside the game:

How To Obtain All 1st, 2nd & 3rd Generation Legendary Pokemon:

In the original version of the games, Pal Park was located on Route 221. Here, players could insert previous Pokemon Games in order to find earlier Pokemon Generations. Fifteen years later, Pal Park has now become Ramanas Park. Similarly, players cannot access the area until after they have obtained the National Pokedex (most likely after completing the Main Story). The main attraction to this updated area is that you can find all the Legendary Pokemon from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generations! To do so, players must first dig in the Grand Underground (again, after obtaining the National Pokedex) in search of Mysterious Shards. These shards can be traded in from the merchant at Ramanas Park for given Slates. These Slates can then be inserted into the machine at Ramanas Park in order to find its corresponding Legendary Pokemon.

Below are what Legendary Pokemon you can find at Ramanas Park and what Slate you need to do such. . .

Kanto Slate (Exclusive To Shining Pearl):
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Genome Slate:
Mewtwo

Johto Slate (Exclusive To Brilliant Diamond):
Entei
Suicune
Raikou

Rainbow Slate (Exclusive To Brilliant Diamond):
Ho-Oh

Squall Slate (Exclusive To Shining Pearl):
Lugia

Discovery Slate:
Regice
Registeel
Regirock

Soul Slate:
Latias
Latios

Oceanic Slate:
Kyogre

Tectonic Slate:
Groudon

Stratospheric Slate:
Rayquaza

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 21st 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:35 Nov22 2021 Post ID: 3456157
Sanzano
+
Brilliant!! Thanks Warrior13

steelersrock01 Posted: 21:56 Nov22 2021 Post ID: 3456167
steelersrock01
+
I had Pearl growing up as a kid, but man the exclusives in Diamond are way cooler.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:31 Nov25 2021 Post ID: 3456178
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I finished the main story in two days. Post game and sinnoh legends took like an hour. I even went the extra mile and rematched all the gyms and elite four, expanded my secret base and filled it with shiny and legendary statues, and caught all the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen Legends at Ramanas Park.

Nothing left to do now but wait for Arceus. Final team was Torterra (Colt), Staraptor (ACE), Heracross (Michael), Milotic (Dawn), Lucario (Aura), and Garchomp (Cynthia). Not sure if it was worth the $60, but it was nice for nostalgia.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 25th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:22 Nov26 2021 Post ID: 3456180
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, you are a hardcore Pokemon gamer! I completed my guide for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl and half the time I didn't know what I was writing about.

steelersrock01 Posted: 16:02 Nov26 2021 Post ID: 3456185
steelersrock01
+
Lmao. Sad to hear the post game is so short. But looking back just going through the main story doesn't take long in any of the generations. A good chunk of time is just spent grinding levels and they just give you so many tools to make it faster now.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:38 Nov26 2021 Post ID: 3456193
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: It actually reads quite nicely. I understood everything, so I am sure most Pokemon players would as well.

Mike: Post game remains just Stark Mountain. Like I said, caught Heatran, Cresselia, and Giratina in less than an hour. Rematches were a little difficult as those level jumps were insane in the membrane, but I was loaded with cash and healing items by then. Ramanas Park Legends took forever since you have to dig for ultra rare shards to purchase the Legends corresponding slate, but I made it through the boringness. Just a shame you could not do it until after the main game, but it is what it is. Wish I had waited to buy the game since I have seen it discounted to $50 already. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:21 Nov26 2021 Post ID: 3456195
steelersrock01
+
I was in Target the other day and they didn't even have any physical copies on the shelf. Sword and Shield were discounted to 50 and Let's Go were down to 40 for Black Friday though.
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close