Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

What Happened To All The Creativity In The World?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Warrior13 Posted: 22:15 Dec04 2021 Post ID: 3456390
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
My grandparents would not even touch a computer when they were alive? XD
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:21 Dec04 2021 Post ID: 3456394
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
My moms parents are/were like that, no computer, really basic cellphone for emergencies, basic cable. When my mom's dad died we were going over her finances and she was getting massively overcharged for cable from Comcast and paying almost $100 a month to Verizon for a landline phone. So it was actually way cheaper to just roll everything over to comcast and get her a bundle with internet. So now she's got wifi for when we visit and a fancy cable box she's starting to get the hang of lol.

Plus my aunt was handling her cell phone and was paying $50 a month for a dumb phone that couldn't even text. They finally took care of that and got her a basic smartphone for $25 a month and I showed her how to text yesterday.

It's a real shame how these companies take advantage of the elderly by just adding fees and raising prices knowing they'll just pay the bill that comes in the mail. Verizon had her paying $100 a month for landline phone service we pay $10 for.

My dad's dad, the genealogy guy, was a whiz with computers. He had broadband in the early 2000s and was real active in genealogy forums and eBay. My grandma on that side doesn't use the computer but she does have a tablet she reads and does Facebook on.

It's easy to think they're a little silly but who knows what will come out when I'm 50 or 60, I'm sure I won't be too keen on using all new stuff either.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Dec 4th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 00:57 Dec05 2021 Post ID: 3456400
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I must admit I'm starting to get left behind with technology, something new seems to come out every week which l struggle to get my head around. The latest thing is NTS which Rich is trying to get us involved in, I still can't work out why people are paying large sums of money for those images, particularly celebrities. I saw one sold for $140,000 dollars last week.

Yes I totally agree, old people are being taken advantage of by companies using new technology they don't understand. The days of talking to a human being on the phone when you have a problem are coming to an end. In Spain It tends to be an automated service where you have to tap in codes and passwords and if you do need to talk to someone you pay dearly for it.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:05 Dec05 2021 Post ID: 3456407
steelersrock01
+
Oh the NFT thing? I really don't get it either. I guess it is buying an original copy of something digital, like you would buy an original painting. But to me nothing is stopping me from right-clicking on your "original" NFT and clicking Save As and making my own copy. It honestly seems like a money laundering thing for rich people.
Sanzano Posted: 13:17 Dec05 2021 Post ID: 3456409
Sanzano
+
Lol, never thought of like that. Perhaps that's why these mega rich celebrities are throwing big bucks at it.

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:13 Dec05 2021 Post ID: 3456410
steelersrock01
+
It's really the only thing I can think of. There's nothing unique about a digital image or gif that would make it collectable.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:10 Dec05 2021 Post ID: 3456419
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I feel the same. Maybe the authenticity is what makes it valuable?

Hey, if I had something to make one of, I would do it. Seems like free money. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:59 Dec06 2021 Post ID: 3456428
steelersrock01
+
Maybe, but how do you prove yours is the authentic one if I can just right-click, save a copy, and the 1s and 0s are exactly the same? Now I've got an authentic one too.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:45 Dec06 2021 Post ID: 3456434
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Letter of authenticity. 1/1. ;)

But yeah, that would be it. Unless you never show the exact image, but who would buy it then. lol
Sanzano Posted: 14:12 Dec06 2021 Post ID: 3456441
Sanzano
+
I'm totally confused by it all. All you have to do is stick any image through a filter in Photoshop and you will change it into something unique. I don't get it, thankfully Rich knows what he is doing.

Warrior13 Posted: 18:52 Dec06 2021 Post ID: 3456453
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I cannot design or draw and I am not famous, so I cannot cash in big I guess. lol
darkboarder_77 Posted: 22:32 Mar02 2022 Post ID: 3457252
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Sh*t is more expensive, people are (rightly) scared of COVID, and now there's a f*cking a global war on Russia. Also, new generations, new opportunity to reintroduce old sh*t in new context for new money recycling old ideas.

I'm drunk right now. I don't know anymore. Never knew. Never much cared. Y'all's comments are enlightening though. Thanks.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:39 Mar03 2022 Post ID: 3457255
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Stuff is definitely more expensive, but that's what tends to happen when the government is just printing money like no tomorrow.

I don't know if people are scared of Covid anymore; I think everyone just wants to get back to normal already and let whatever happen, happen.

I also wouldn't say there is a global war going on in Russia, not when all the bigger countries have refused to get involved outside of merely sending supplies and enforcing sanctions. Unless Russia messes with a country in the NATO, I doubt there will be a true widespread war.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 21:16 Mar07 2022 Post ID: 3457308
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Warrior13 said:Stuff is definitely more expensive, but that's what tends to happen when the government is just printing money like no tomorrow.

I don't know if people are scared of Covid anymore; I think everyone just wants to get back to normal already and let whatever happen, happen.

I also wouldn't say there is a global war going on in Russia, not when all the bigger countries have refused to get involved outside of merely sending supplies and enforcing sanctions. Unless Russia messes with a country in the NATO, I doubt there will be a true widespread war.

Truthfully, I don't keep up with this sh*t. I try to focus on my own corner of life. But, no, I'm not heavily educated on the world beyond my little sphere of existence. I just don't have the energy to say more than that.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Mar 7th 2022 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 01:44 Mar26 2022 Post ID: 3457474
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
In response to the original post: everything's about getting coin these days, and if you promote to the lowest common denominator of society, you don't have to be creative to get their coin. Pandering and advertising make up for that.
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close