Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Forty Five Hours Over Four Days. . .

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Warrior13 Posted: 18:01 Feb01 2022 Post ID: 3457044
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Yes, I have completed Pokemon Legends Arceus. Main Story? Done. Post Game? Done. Catch all 241 Pokes? Done. Battle and defeat Arceus (thus obtaining it)? Done.

What a ride it was. Best Pokemon Game in quite some time. Terribly tedious at times, but very fun and unlike any other Pokemon Game. Highly recommend.

Could still catch all Unown, complete small requests, and do all the little Pokedex challenges, but for now, I rest.

Dare I say that I am the God of Pokemon?

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 1st 2022 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:50 Feb01 2022 Post ID: 3457050
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
That's crazy man. I figured that's where you've been. I've still been holding off picking it up. Some parts of the game look so fresh but then at times it just seems so tedious.
Warrior13 Posted: 04:06 Feb02 2022 Post ID: 3457052
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It can certainly be a grind at times, especially in the Main Story as it is more about leveling up your trainer while calming the Noble Pokemon. Post Game is literally Legend Hunting, fun but a little boring without anything else. Post Game Final Boss Battle, however, is one of the most difficult ever.

I?m surprised I actually was able to do it all without trading. 242 is rough.
Matt77 Posted: 06:04 Feb02 2022 Post ID: 3457053
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I wish I had that much time Anxious

Your prioritising of Pokemon has allowed me to take your crown of Football Master, so keep it up ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:22 Feb02 2022 Post ID: 3457060
steelersrock01
+
I wish I had that much motivation lol.

One cool thing about this release is you can actually get all the Pokemon without trading. Maybe the first main game ever where you can do that?
Warrior13 Posted: 09:40 Feb02 2022 Post ID: 3457061
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: A weekend where we split on games when I was doing nothing but playing has made you the football master? :P

Mike: Yep, I think it's the first ever, and part of me hopes Game Freak continues to do it moving forward. I get wanting to make extra money with online features, but it's nice to know you can do it all on your own. Plus, it might actually help them in regard to the crazy fans wanting the entire National Pokedex in every new game. Catching close to 250 (roughly the Kanto + Johto Pokedex in size) was already way enough for me.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:48 Feb02 2022 Post ID: 3457065
steelersrock01
+
I think they're definitely gonna keep making the 2 versions for the traditional games. Even if only 10% of people get both games they aren't giving up that money.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 03:35 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457151
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Dude. I stopped playing at the tail end of Gen 3. Been since... beep beep boop... ah... 2007 or 8 when I stopped with Pokemon FireRed. I was slamming Victory Road, and I guess I lost interest. Last I recall of Pokemon.

Idk, trying to be sorta relevant here.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Sanzano Posted: 05:58 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457156
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Sounds like you outgrew Pokemon darkboarder_77, it happens. What is the pull with Pokemon games, they seem to be able to attract new generations of fans when other fads are unable to?

Warrior13 Posted: 06:18 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457159
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Probably because most of the older fans now have kids that they got interested in the same. The company also keeps cranking out new Pokemon every three years or so, keeping it rather relevant.

On that note, Pokemon Day is at the end of the week, and some are expecting the announcement of the 9th Generation.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:08 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457161
steelersrock01
+
Biggest thing with Pokemon isn't the games, it's the merchandise by a long shot. It's perfect for kids, there's nearly a thousand of them now and kids all have their favorite one they want stuffed animals and toys and clothes all that. The games might be what gets them started but it's the merch and the TV show that keeps them going. Pokemon Go was also huge for the brand.

For me at least I think still play because I'm trying to capture those feelings of playing on the Gameboy again. The most recent games haven't really done that for me but damn if I don't keep coming back every single time.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:42 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457167
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, Sw/Sh was lacking for me, but I still played. S/M were good, but S2/M2 was not a ?2? at all but rather a 1A. X/Y had a lot of good stuff, but they missed on significantly Zygarde and AZ. Honestly, before Arceus, I would have said D/P or B/W were the best in the last decade, and both were 10-15 years ago. lol

That said, now that I think about it. I think they could do something similar to Arceus with X/Y. Could you imagine living in King AZ?s time and the war that took place with the ultimate weapon? It would be epic, and they could finally give players the chance to get Eternal Form Floette.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:50 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457168
steelersrock01
+
I fell off after BW2, I didn't get a 3DS until after the switch was out and only played Sun and Moon. So I didn't play X/Y, ORAS, or USUM. I've got the strongest feelings for Gen 3 and really like Platinum, but B/W and HG/SS are probably the "best" games in the series and it's been almost 15 years for them.

Still haven't picked up Arceus, my gaming time for the next couple months is kinda booked up, but by all accounts it seems like a fun direction for the series, even if it isn't what I want every main game to be like.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:45 Feb21 2022 Post ID: 3457174
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think the first five generations had good plots, but two and five are definitely the best. Since then, it has gone down a bit, but S/M was a good twist.

Definitely check out Arceus if you can. Tedious, but very fun.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 05:01 Feb23 2022 Post ID: 3457193
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
steelersrock01 said:I fell off after BW2, I didn't get a 3DS until after the switch was out and only played Sun and Moon. So I didn't play X/Y, ORAS, or USUM. I've got the strongest feelings for Gen 3 and really like Platinum, but B/W and HG/SS are probably the "best" games in the series and it's been almost 15 years for them.

Still haven't picked up Arceus, my gaming time for the next couple months is kinda booked up, but by all accounts it seems like a fun direction for the series, even if it isn't what I want every main game to be like.

Oh, man. Gen 3.

Gen 3 was my last, FireRed in particular. Not that I hated what followed or anything. I was still in... mm... late middle school or early high. I eventually traded Pokemon for Halo and other hyped online shooters.

Yeah, I was a basic b*tch.

I'm 30 now and kinda want to get back into Pokemon though...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:35 Feb23 2022 Post ID: 3457195
steelersrock01
+
Basically same here, I'm 26 now so I was like 8-10 when Gen 3 was coming out. So I was like 15 when Black and White came out and just at the very edge of being too cool for Pokemon, and almost 17 when Black 2 came out and I played it out of obligation. Then I was in college for the Gen 3 remakes and X/Y so they got skipped and then I got a 3DS when I was 22 and played Sun and Moon.

If you want to get back into it, I'd find a way to play Platinum or Black/White and their sequels. Those are generally considered the best games excluding remakes. Sun and Moon start to get really hand-holdy and Sword and Shield on the Switch take it to the extreme. I'd avoid those. This new game Arceus is a huge departure from the formula but it might be what you need to get back into the series.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:00 Feb23 2022 Post ID: 3457197
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
6th Gen is where is all starting going down hill for me. Megas were a great concept, but they never built on them. 6th Gen also had one of the more mediocre stories with Team Flare and the Champion; I actually liked the Looker Story better. Plus, Zygarde was just an after thought.

7th Gen had a great twist with the real bad guys, a nice shake up with trials instead of gyms, and a key girl character that was missing in both the 5th and 6th Gen, buy it was lacking basically everywhere else. No good rival, no real antagonist group. Another great Looker story.

8th Gen probably worst thus far as Sw/Sh had only a few good things. Nice twist with Eternatus Ending instead of Cover Legend, but no antagonist group whatsoever. Whenever Rose would cause trouble, Lion literally took care of it. What was the point? Pooh rival. Pooh climate story that had no relevance until the very end. And poor flow to the game. You literally have no gym battles for hours, but then it is almost a rapid fire. Dynamax was nice, but I feel it took over the games themselves.

Arceus has made everything since 5th Gen look so average and without true thought. Different, but very fun.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 00:26 Feb26 2022 Post ID: 3457212
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
steelersrock01 said:Basically same here, I'm 26 now so I was like 8-10 when Gen 3 was coming out. So I was like 15 when Black and White came out and just at the very edge of being too cool for Pokemon, and almost 17 when Black 2 came out and I played it out of obligation. Then I was in college for the Gen 3 remakes and X/Y so they got skipped and then I got a 3DS when I was 22 and played Sun and Moon.

If you want to get back into it, I'd find a way to play Platinum or Black/White and their sequels. Those are generally considered the best games excluding remakes. Sun and Moon start to get really hand-holdy and Sword and Shield on the Switch take it to the extreme. I'd avoid those. This new game Arceus is a huge departure from the formula but it might be what you need to get back into the series.

Hmm. Okay. My roommate was just playing a Pokemon game on his Switch with the TV across the room from me. He said it was the "first game in two decades where GameFreak actually tried" or something. Got me more interested. I don't mind taking steps back through a decade or so and emulating something on my phone if possible. Thanks for the advice. Bounce

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:29 Feb26 2022 Post ID: 3457213
steelersrock01
+
I'm not sure which one he was playing, but it was probably the new one, Arceus, because that's the first game in ever that has changed the formula.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:57 Feb26 2022 Post ID: 3457214
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It was definitely Arceus. I don't think anyone said that about SwSh or BDSP. lol
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close