Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet To Usher In Pokemon 9th Generation!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Warrior13 Posted: 08:20 Feb27 2022 Post ID: 3457216
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Just announced during the Pokemon Presents 2022!

Coming at the end of the year!

So excited!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:41 Feb27 2022 Post ID: 3457217
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Looks fine, I guess. Not graphically an improvement over SwSh or Arceus, but that's expected. I really think Game Freak just isn't a very talented developer and the games aren't going to improve graphic or performance wise until a Switch 2 is released. My expectations are pretty low for this to be anything but a minor evolution from SwSh. The region looks nice though, and the starters are fine. The fire croc is a little doofy and the pirate duck a little boring, but the grass cat seems nice.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:39 Feb27 2022 Post ID: 3457218
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Like usual, I do not put much into the graphics. If the story is better than SwSh, then I will be good. Hoping for a big generation, but I think it will be around 100 Pokes again. However, if bigger, than can do as in Arceus and make all catchable. Doubt it, but we will see.

Fuecoco (Fire Crocodile) caught my eye, but I always wait until the Final Evolutions are released to pick my Starter. Sprigatito (Grass Cat) has best design though. Quaxly (Water Duck) seems to be Donald Duck per the internet.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:57 Mar02 2022 Post ID: 3457239
steelersrock01
+
Hopefully it's a big generation but only if the designs are good. It really feels like we're hitting the point where they just can't think of good designs anymore and a lot of the new Pokes are recolors and slight modifications of existing ones. Even this new Grass starter that I actually like is basically Litten.

I try not to put much stock in graphics but it is very disappointing when there's no improvement and the games look worse not just than games on other platforms, but worse than years-old games on the Switch. That along with the ridiculous handholding and railroading of Sw/Sh just has me way down on this new Gen. I know the games are for kids but it really feels like they could do a better job of respecting the entire audience, or at least giving us toggleable difficulty and things like that.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:15 Mar02 2022 Post ID: 3457242
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I saw Sprigatito as a cross between Litten and Shinx, except grass type obviously.

That's actually why I liked Arceus so much. There are so many aspects to it that are for the more experienced players. So many times while I was playing, I thought to myself, "This is just ridiculous in terms of Pokemon difficulty."
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:13 Mar02 2022 Post ID: 3457245
steelersrock01
+
I still need to get Arceus. I just have so many games I'm trying to get to with somewhat limited time and I have other hobbies lol. And I know it's never going to go on sale or anything.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 22:14 Mar02 2022 Post ID: 3457251
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
I saw the leafy kitten thing and melted. Freaking adorable. Need.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:46 Mar03 2022 Post ID: 3457257
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: I don't know how, but my Walmart had it for $49.99 on the release date instead of $59.99. It was nice, especially considering BDSP went on sale immediately after I had purchased it. Factored each other out.

Darkborder: It definitely has the best design of the three. If it continues to be that way through its evolutions, I might just go with it over the Fire Croc. Typing, however, will also play a role in my decision. I'm hoping for some unique typings instead of the usual ones.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:18 Mar03 2022 Post ID: 3457259
steelersrock01
+
I've noticed Walmart's always got the Switch games for $50.

If I get the game I'll probably go with the grass starter. You just know the duck is going to be Water/Flying, though if they take the pirate theme further they could do Water/Dark. The Croc could maybe be Fire/Ground? Grass cat I've got no idea, but hopefully it's not just pure Grass.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:58 Mar03 2022 Post ID: 3457263
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am hoping for some very unique types. There has never been a Grass/Fire or Fire/Fairy. If they do that, they could make the Duck a Water/Bug (only three in existence) to give each an advantage and resistant against the Starter they are weak against.

Doubt it will happen, but that would be cool. If it someone does, they can make the Duck evolve into more like a Hummingbird Hawk Moth, as that is really the only bird insect in existence.

But like you said, Duck will likely be another Ducklet as Water/Flying or the next Water/Dark after Greninja. Fuecoco will probably be Fire/Ground like since the only other Croc Poke, Krookodile, is Ground. And Grass will likely be Poison or Fighting since they seem to be pretty common.

Even making them all Dual Normal would even be against the grain. No real advantage except extra Stab Move, but still.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:01 Mar03 2022 Post ID: 3457264
steelersrock01
+
I could see them finding a way to do Fire/Fairy but Fire/Grass seems a bit too far from the norm. Tbh I'm still not terribly familiar with Fairy. Would Fire/Fairy be a strong combo?

Water/Bug seems unlikely but interesting. Flying or Dark is most likely but Steel could be interesting too if they make the evos into a kind of armored bird thing. Probably unlikely since they did it for Empoleon.

I hope it's not Grass/Poison, that seems so common. Grass/Psychic, Grass/Dark, or Grass/Steel would be nice to mix it up a bit.

Dual Normal could be fun, even if it doesn't add much. The only Normal duals we get are with flying.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:40 Mar03 2022 Post ID: 3457266
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Fire/Fairy would be definitely cool. Not sure if it would be strong competitively, but it would be cool. Now that I think about it, the Grass starter could easily be fairy. It seems cute enough. lol

Yeah, being part normal would be cool. And in that same sense, I would not be surprised if we finally get a new typing and all three and Dual typings of which. I do not know if Disney could be a typing, but it would fit. lol
darkboarder_77 Posted: 09:26 Aug27 2023 Post ID: 3459657
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
They made Glaceon's *ss fatter in these games in an attempt to distract you from the sh*tty background textures. But I'm not complaining.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Warrior13 Posted: 18:42 Sep20 2023 Post ID: 3459727
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Does anyone play Pokemon for crisp background graphics? lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 07:36 Sep21 2023 Post ID: 3459734
steelersrock01
+
Lol. No, but it is a little bit embarrassing how these games that make so much money look and run so poorly. Pokemon should be their flagship game
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close