Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Podcasts

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Warrior13 Posted: 13:35 May18 2022 Post ID: 3457949
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Do you guys listen to any Podcasts? I do not, unless you count having Colin Cowherd instead of background music some days.

A few of my siblings and cousins think I should start one for football since I'm pretty much obsessed with the sport. lol If I ever do, I already have a name for it in mind.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:50 May18 2022 Post ID: 3457950
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Not really these days. Back a few years ago when I worked in an office that didn't like coworkers talking I listened to some. Mainly history and mythology. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is great, Myths and Legends, Mike Duncan's History of Rome. I never got into the sports ones. There's just too many out there and I need to be able to concentrate on it, if I'm doing anything requiring brain power 15 minutes will go by and I won't notice and I've missed a bunch. Same reason I can't get on with audiobooks.
Sanzano Posted: 08:36 May19 2022 Post ID: 3457955
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I listen to quite a few Podcasts, they are listed below:

- Hotboxin' With Mike Tyson (Boxing)
- Believe You Me with Michael Bisping (UFC)
- Chael Sonnen (UFC)
- Skip and Shannon: Undisputed (NFL)
- Colin Cowherd (NFL)
- Pat McAfee Show (NFL)
- Joe Rogan Experience (General)

Why not Warrior13, have a look at what people are doing and see if you can find a niche that would attract viewers. The easiest one would be to do live commentary on Dolphins games talking about the team and what is happening around the NFL.

The one I listen to is Street Scores, Rico the guy who does it daily literally knows every rumor there is to know about Washington and the different players the team is interested in. It's actually quite interesting.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:09 May19 2022 Post ID: 3457956
steelersrock01
+
How do you manage to listen to so many? That's like hours of content every day.
Sanzano Posted: 13:27 May19 2022 Post ID: 3457957
Sanzano
+
I tend to listen to them in batches when I have spare time to be truthful, or cherry pick the ones that interest me by the title and watch it as soon as it is released. Like you say to sit down and listen to them all daily would take up most of my day. The NFL ones I will listen to more during the NFL season and the boxing and UFC when there is a major event on.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:18 May19 2022 Post ID: 3457958
steelersrock01
+
Fair enough. I've never gotten on with them at all. If I try and listen while I do something else I don't take in any of the information, and I have to just sit there and listen I'd much rather be watching a video.
Sanzano Posted: 00:34 May20 2022 Post ID: 3457959
Sanzano
+
I know what you mean, for me it depends on the podcast. Some hosts like Joe Rogan, Michael Bisbing and Chael Sonnen can hold my attention by the way they deliver what they have to say while others although informative can be a bit tedious to listen to after a while. The best NFL podcasts are those that take snippets of game film to illustrate what they are talking about, that is why I like Street Scores which covers Washington.

Warrior13 Posted: 04:43 May21 2022 Post ID: 3457962
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: Same here. No time unless just in background. Maybe at night, but I'd rather just sleep. lol

Dennis: I like listening to Cowherd in the background some days, but he has been very stale since Free Agency ended. I like basketball and all, but he's been forcing it now ever since April. Very disappointing that he did no draft coverage until the day of.

If I do a Podcast, it would definitely be just focused on football. I love the Phins, but they aren't really ever a hot topic. lol
Sanzano Posted: 13:20 May21 2022 Post ID: 3457968
Sanzano
+
I think they will be this year with what's going on with Tua and Brady in the shadows looking to buy the team and also be its quarterback. Not to mention the team could continue the run they had at the end of last season and go on a Super Bowl run. To me they look as good as anyone, the only team I would have to say they will have real trouble with is Buffalo. Mahomes and the Chiefs are finished, they will win games but now Tyreek Hill gone they won't be able to intimidate teams like before with the long bomb. It will be Miami now intimidating teams with the long pass as team will have to double-team Hill which will open up things for Tua in the middle.

I'm excited about the new season, I can't wait to see what Washington and the Dolphins do, I'm rooting for Tua to be success.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:25 May23 2022 Post ID: 3457980
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Buffalo is clearly the favorite to win it all. I am still on the fence about that. They have the talent, but will they ever get over the hump. Chargers are a definite dark horse.

Would it not be something if the Skins and Phins could go all the way and face off in the Super Bowl fifty years after they did? Never gonna happen, but it would historically epic.
Sanzano Posted: 15:17 May24 2022 Post ID: 3457989
Sanzano
+
The chances of Washington and Miami meeting for a third time in the Super Bowl is very unlikely although not an impossibility. I see Washington and Miami are creeping up the bookies Super Bowl odds at 50-1, in previous years Washington were 250-1 and Miami weren't much better as far as the bookies were concerned.

The early favorite for the Super Bowl hardly ever wins it, it's usually the third or fourth favorite which the bookies have as Kansas or Green Bay. I'm with you though in that San Diego maybe a dark horse, I'm not discounting Denver now either seeing how the Rams suddenly managed to win the Super Bowl this year with a decent new quarterback and Denver have everything in place before except a quarterback.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:17 May24 2022 Post ID: 3457993
steelersrock01
+
Pretty much. All it takes is once injury to completely change all the odds. Same energy as the Strength of Schedule stuff they release based on last years teams. Completely different once the season starts.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:20 May24 2022 Post ID: 3457999
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, one year ago bad or one year ago good could easily be flipped. Like Miami had a tough schedule going into last year, but the last like ten or so were horrible.
Sanzano Posted: 11:49 May25 2022 Post ID: 3458004
Sanzano
+
How would you fellas rank the divisions?

I go

AFC

1) AFC West
2) AFC East
3) AFC North
4) AFC South

NFC

1) NFC West
2) NFC South
3) NFC North
4) NFC East

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:16 May25 2022 Post ID: 3458007
steelersrock01
+
I think the AFC North is maybe a bit stronger than the East, but there's an argument to be made for both.

Outside of the NFC West I think those 3 are up in the air. I don't think the South is particularly any stronger than N or E.
Sanzano Posted: 13:50 May25 2022 Post ID: 3458011
Sanzano
+
I think as a whole the AFC has the stronger teams. The AFC West has to be the best division in football, all four of those teams could win the Super Bowl.

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:21 May25 2022 Post ID: 3458013
steelersrock01
+
Yeah AFC West is 100% the strongest, and the AFC is definitely stronger right now.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:22 May25 2022 Post ID: 3458014
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have:
AFC: West, North, East, South
NFC: West, East, South, North

NFC East has far more overall strength than South or North. Without Packers and Bucs, those divisions are pretty much nothing. Vikings and Saints are good, but far from great.
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 May26 2022 Post ID: 3458019
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, you have taken a different approach to grading the divisions to me. I looked at the teams individually when assessing the division and you've graded them as a division.

To me a division that has either the Packers or Bucs is stronger than the NFC East that has four mediocre teams. I see where you're coming from though.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:26 May27 2022 Post ID: 3458027
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I completely understand where you are coming from as well. Are the Packers and Bucs better than ever team in the East? You bet. But the East will be far more competitive than those other divisions. Similar to how I think the AFC North will be better as a whole compared to the AFC East.

Honestly, the Ravens are one of my dark horses in the AFC. They had a great draft, and they will be much healthier this year. Not sure what they are going to do at WR, but they are stacked like everywhere else. Chargers are another dark horse of mine, but it all hinges upon the play of Herbert. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't see him getting better. He's really good, but does he have the next level? Not sure.
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close