Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

Favorite Fictional Characters

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Sanzano Posted: 01:31 Jun07 2022 Post ID: 3458149
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I agree with you steelersrock01, it annoys me too. We are seeing more and more of it. In Marvel alone there is Nick Fury who is supposed to be a white World War II soldier, Marvel are trying to make Captain America black. Johnny Storm (the human torch of the Fantastic Four who is supposed to be Sue Storms sister) is all of a sudden black. Heimdell from Thor, Mary Jane Watson form Spider-man. In DC you have Catwoman. Just a few I can remember of the top of my head. Why don't they create entirely new characters for these black actors to play? I don't have a problem with that. When I see characters like Nick Fury who I remember reading about forty years ago suddenly becoming black it is annoying and trying to turn Captain America into a black Super Hero just ruins the character.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:08 Jun07 2022 Post ID: 3458153
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
That's my issue with it, they always have to "blackwash" existing characters instead of making new original stuff. It's so frustrating. And it's always Black people too. Never Asian or Hispanic. If I was a member of a minority group and constantly saw this stuff I would feel insulted.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:17 Jun07 2022 Post ID: 3458161
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,054
+
Yeah, I feel the same way. Keep the originals how they are, and just find some creativity with new characters.
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Jun08 2022 Post ID: 3458164
Sanzano
+
I wonder why they don't do that, there must be some kind of reason for it. And you are right steelersrock01 what you say about it's never the asians or hispanics complaining, it's always the blacks and if you point that out to them you get accused of being racist.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:28 Jun08 2022 Post ID: 3458172
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, they are lazy and lacking creativity. That is what it boils down to. Otherwise, they would not just slap a new race on an old character and call it a day.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:39 Jun08 2022 Post ID: 3458178
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
It's easier to just change existing properties cause they know people will watch it no matter what than it is to come up with new creative stuff that you then have to market and get people to go see. Stuff is so expensive to make now companies play it super safe.
Sanzano Posted: 01:20 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458185
Sanzano
+
Lol, when I first read your post Warrior13 about being lazy and lacking creativity I thought you where refering to blacks in general. It was only when I read it again I realised you were refering to the movie studios that produce the films.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:51 Jun10 2022 Post ID: 3458209
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
lol

Yeah, just lazy and lacking creativity in general. Bringing back old shows, repeat movie plots. Bleh.
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close