Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Favorite Fictional Characters

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:31 Aug28 2022 Post ID: 3458523
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Volke said:
steelersrock01 said:Yeah stuff like that I have no problem with. My issue is when they retcon existing characters by changing their race or gender just to pander to people. Like in the Harry Potter stage play they made Hermione a black woman. In the upcoming Lord of the Rings Amazon show they have black dwarves and hobbits. It makes no sense because the show is a prequel and there are none in the movies, so where did they all go?

Yeah, stuff like this is majorly p!sses me off. And if you say that in public, some tw@t who overhears will choose to yell 'racist!' rather than mind his own business.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with the Lord of the Rings TV show. I wanted to watch Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, not Lord of the Woke: The Rings of Diversity.

Imagine the reaction if Black Panther country had the odd whitey here and there in the tribes. You'd never hear the end of it! That film was only so highly rated because of the whole black thing, anyway (it really is not that great).

The real funny bit regarding the new LOTR show is that it's a prequel, and there are no black dwarves or elves in the existing movies. Were they genocided? What happened to them between Ring of Power and the movies? Just hamfisted, lazy writing looking to score points and preemptively deflect criticism.

Sane thing with the new Game of Thrones prequel. A house is explicitly described in the books as looking similar to the Targaryens; pale, blond hair purple eyes. One of them is a major character in the new show - let's make him a black guy with silver dreadlocks. Just silly.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 09:01 Aug27 2023 Post ID: 3459653
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Jesus. I did not expect a thread made by yours truly to take off like this. Here for a senseless, bullsh*tty bump. I'm permitted that much once a year. Or twice. Twice per two years? Idgaf. Hello, hi, hope everyone's well-doing.

Relevant to the topic, I'm more obsessed with Glaceon than when I made it, so Glaceon is my number-one now, and my god, I love her. I wanna squeeze and snuggle and do other unmentionionable things because I'm furry as f*ck and do not f*cking care what any of you think even if we were friends 18 years ago.

Also, I'm more skilled than the fifth ranked Glaceon player in the world on Pokemon UNITE, so. Obsession counts for something.

Edit: My user profile on UNITE is here: https://uniteapi.dev/p/%3C%3EGlaceon%3C%3E if you give a sh*t.

Aight, I'm out for... another 12 months or so I guess. Have fun.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Aug 27th 2023 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close