Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet Cover Art Legendaries Finally Revealed

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Warrior13 Posted: 08:17 Jun01 2022 Post ID: 3458085
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+

For the first time ever, there will be two different Professors. Not sure if this will play into a past/future theme or one about rivaling schools.

Scarlet Cover Legend is Koraidon, said to be Dragon/Fighting. Violet Cover Legend is Miraidon, said to be Dragon/Electric. Both look like komodo dragons. Probably gonna go Violet, but I will have to see.

Nothing new about the Starters, so we will have to wait some more. New electric mouse, grass olive, and normal pig Pokemon. An NPC was also wearing a shirt that depicted a Tauros, which all but confirms that it will be getting an evolution or Regional Form as expected.

Still no idea about the region name. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jun 1st 2022 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:59 Jun01 2022 Post ID: 3458087
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Trailer looked okay. I like the legendary designs and the other ones they've shown. Graphics, as always, look pretty bad, It feels like Pokemon doesn't really have an artistic identity anymore. The games look like cheap mobile games now, something about the art is just unappealing. Not expecting too much different out of the gameplay from SwSh, I'm expecting them to keep the Arceus gameplay in its own series for the most part. I did read something about being able to fight the gyms in any order, which is a nice evolution from the gym differences between SwSh.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:25 Jun02 2022 Post ID: 3458088
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yes, it seems like you can pick whatever path you'd like. That would be very interesting in terms of what Levels and Pokemon the Gyms have and how they vary with game progression. I still want to see if the rumor is true about there being a Gym for every type. I doubt it, though. Some are starting to believe Gym Leader Teams will have themes rather than be focused on one specific type, sort of like a weather team here and something else there.

Graphics seem okay to me, but I don't really know what to look for with that. You seem much more knowledgeable than myself in that regard, Mike, so I'll take you on your word. As long as the story is good, I will be happy.

It will definitely be more like Arceus than Sw/Sh, but I'm sure they do forward some of the stuff from the latter. The co-op gameplay seems interesting, but I doubt it will truly be like traveling with friends. Like your game has to still active all battles for your player and not the other, right?

Also, it is confirmed it will be a past versus future theme. Professor Sada is derived from the Spanish Word for Past, Professor Turo is derived from the Spanish Word for Future. Plus, the Cover Legendaries, who appear will be ridable motorcycles, names translate to Ride of the Past and Ride of the Future in Japanese.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:27 Jun02 2022 Post ID: 3458091
steelersrock01
+
Yeah I'm interested to see what they do with the levels too. Maybe they'll have some way of doing it so the first gym you decide to fight is always the lowest and it scales from there. The themes would be a very nice change. Weather team, animal type teams like a "monkey" team, that'd be super cool.

The graphics are fine for Pokemon, I'm just salty and miss the charm of the GBA/DS graphics and feel like they'd make a much better game if they weren't trying to make 3D graphics.

I'm not expecting much for the co-op stuff. It's definitely going to limited somehow, there's no way the whole game is going to be open multiplayer. The battles shouldn't be a problem, other players could just see your character in a generic battling animation or something.

As always, cautiously optimistic. I still haven't gotten to Arceus yet.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:45 Jun03 2022 Post ID: 3458099
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I would love themed Gym Leader teams. Actually, it would sort of be an aspect that that moved forward from SwSh, as the last gym leader was more of a weather team than a Dragon Team.

Everyone is talking about the co-op, but Imma just play solo. Pretty sure 90+% of people will do so as well, especially the older players. Playing alongside a friend or family member doesn't really pique my interest now that I think about; it's not like it's real life and we're actually living in the world of Pokemon. lol

You gotta play Arceus, Mike. I'm telling you, it's the best since DPP & BW.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 03:48 Jul01 2022 Post ID: 3458328
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
Holy sh*t, Arceus was good. Gritty, dark (for a Pokemon game), themes of death, adult dialog, and attempts at making the Pokemon world feel more rational and real. (Some ideas were stupid/contradictory, but whatever, at least they're trying to add some dimension to it.) It was cutting compared to everything that came before it. You're constantly in danger and constantly trying to balance resources and your team against the world but in a way that feels natural. It's not hard, but it will punish you if you take it too easily. You're gonna learn to stealth around predators and aim your Poke Ball throws. It's fresh as f*ck.

Edit: The music's not nearly as good as SwSh, but you won't mind this. The midnight environmental theme (sounds like a music box) is the one that'll grab your attention, but everything else is eh. It's fine. I'll take the gameplay over better tunes.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Jul 1st 2022 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Warrior13 Posted: 12:37 Jul01 2022 Post ID: 3458330
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My thoughts exactly. Probably the best game since 4th/5th Gen.
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:42 Jul04 2022 Post ID: 3458343
steelersrock01
+
I will play Arceus eventually lol.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:53 Jul04 2022 Post ID: 3458344
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We shall harass until you do. O.O
darkboarder_77 Posted: 06:33 Jul05 2022 Post ID: 3458345
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Indeed. This is an official, SuperCheats-endorsed harassment resocialization rehabilitation program. You're missing out on life, Steelers -- the sunsets, the flowers, the sh*tty interstate traffic, all of it. Arceus gave you a life and a world to live it in, and you're not maximizing your gains, brother. (Meanwhile, I've been farming outbreaks for the last 30 hours of playtime for shiny Eevee... Two down, four more to go, haha. Arceus postgame is weirdly fun.)

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Jul 5th 2022 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:52 Jul12 2022 Post ID: 3458384
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dolphin Pokemon coming in SV. Nice.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:40 Jul13 2022 Post ID: 3458386
steelersrock01
+
Eh? Was there a new trailer or something?
Warrior13 Posted: 11:01 Jul14 2022 Post ID: 3458388
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Nope. Some insider has been leaking information with blurred screenshots. Either a beta tester (that is risky) or someone who has access to the new trailer (which will be live action).

There will be three different gimmicks to the games. One has something to do with crystallization that all Pokemon will be able to use, not sure if types will change with this or not. Next is what is currently being referred to as Regional Fakes, something to do with humans trying to alter Pokemon. Amoongus and Jigglypuff appear to have regional fakes. Third gimmick is still unknown, but most believe its either riding legendary as motorcycle or Pokemon being able to time warp (which has been confirmed by leaker).

Region will supposed be called the Paldea or Paidea Region. Wooper, Dunsparce, Giraferig, and Tauros are all said to receive Paldean Forms / Evolutions. On top of the Legendary Cover Trio (third Poke is still unknown), there will be Quad Legendary Pack (similar to the Regis and Birds). Grass Starter will become bipedal Grass/Dark, Water Starter also looks to become bipedal and Water/Fighting, and Fire Starter will be Fire/Ghost (no news on quad pedal or bipedal, but should keep crocodile features and not rumored snake form).
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:53 Jul14 2022 Post ID: 3458389
steelersrock01
+
Huh. Pretty cool. I guess the crystalization will be the main gimmick this time around? Fire/Ghost is a cool typing. I can't help but get excited for new mainline Pokemon games despite Sword and Shield being disappointing for me.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:22 Jul14 2022 Post ID: 3458390
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
So, more news on the Crystallization... Yes, pretty much the new gimmick, comparable to Megas/Z-Crystal/Dynamax... Based on leaker (translation could see a few variations to main aspect), there will be these special balls you can put your in that will turn your Pokemon into a Crystal Pokemon, with each ball specializing in one type. If I understood correctly, the type of ball will give a boost to that type of move for the Pokemon, but only for the first time you use said type of attack with that Pokemon. Sounds like a one-off for an additional STAB attack or a free Adaptability for a Pokemon's original STAB. However, it could be much stronger than STAB, similar to a Z-Crystal. Some are saying it will boost that type of attack until the Pokemon faints, but most are saying the above. Also don't know if the Crystalize Form will come with a boost in stats or if it just changes the appearance to a Pokemon. Won't know for sure until more news comes out. Next week seems likely for trailer.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:11 Jul16 2022 Post ID: 3458394
steelersrock01
+
Huh, that seems kind of minimal for a main gimmick if all it is is really a one-time super STAB move. But also kind of good IMO, I don't really like when the gimmmicks get a huge focus in normal gameplay. I think they're cool for scripted story moments though. In Sw/Sh the Dynamax being used so often and being so slow got very annoying.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:25 Jul17 2022 Post ID: 3458396
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The whole game is basically being leaked four months until release.

Tauros and Wooper seem to be the only Paldean Forms.

Around 5-10 Legacy Pokes getting Paldean Evolution.

Around 5-10 Pokes getting Ancient Forms. These cannot evolve.

Around 5-10 Pokes getting Future Forms. These cannot evolve.

Certain Pokemon getting Regional Fakes Forms. Basically same Pokemon as before but different name and color? Translation a little off.

Cover Legends should be only two Pokemon getting Ancient and Future Form. Might not happen until DLC.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:24 Jul26 2022 Post ID: 3458428
steelersrock01
+
Hey guys - finally decided to play a bit of Arceus this past weekend. Played about an hour and a half, so I'm still firmly in the handholdy tutorial bits, but I definitely like the gameplay. I feel like it might get a bit stale over 30-40 odd hours, but I'm definitely going to get back to it.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 11:43 Jul27 2022 Post ID: 3458429
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
steelersrock01 said:Hey guys - finally decided to play a bit of Arceus this past weekend. Played about an hour and a half, so I'm still firmly in the handholdy tutorial bits, but I definitely like the gameplay. I feel like it might get a bit stale over 30-40 odd hours, but I'm definitely going to get back to it.

Shiny-hunting is kinda fun in this game. I have a few shinies I'm willing to part with if you particularly want'm. A male Ralts is among the mix.

I have about 130 hours clocked and I'm not bored yet. But, I'm also back on Shield for the time being to EV-train a shiny Glaceon. Sigh. The grind never ends.

Warrior13 Posted: 18:44 Jul27 2022 Post ID: 3458431
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: Just make sure you complete a Pokemons Pokedex Tasks BEFORE you evolve them. I made the mistake of not doing so and I had to go back and catch a number of rare baby Pokemon.

If you need any trade, let me know. I doubt it since you can actually catch em all, but I am here to help if necessary. I also have a few Shinies on my saves if you want.
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close