Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet Cover Art Legendaries Finally Revealed

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:44 Aug06 2022 Post ID: 3458456
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I think I'm good on the trades and stuff, but thanks guys. Actually haven't had a chance to play recently.

Did you guys see the new stuff for Scarlet/Violet? Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed they're giving the legendary early, and the ones run animation is really stupid (why have wheels if it doesn't use them???), but being able to do the gyms in any order you please is kinda cool. It's going ot be a little silly if you go eat the gym with level 40 'mons before beating the one with level 10s, but I much prefer that to level scaling with no sense of progression.

The new Terastalize gimmick seems okay, and great for people that really like finding optimal typings.

Co-op doesn't do much for me these days but I'm sure people will love it.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 17:42 Aug07 2022 Post ID: 3458458
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Despite bonding with the Legendaries, you don't get to catch nor use them in battle until after defeating the three storylines.

No level scaling with the gyms is very disappointing, but I sort of get it in a way. I think they did so to promote doing the other storylines at the same time, which, hopefully, will include battling and raising your Pokemon. Maybe the thought behind it is you can beat a tougher gym by doing all storylines at once. But, yeah, obviously you won't defeat a later gym if you only have Level 15 Pokes, unless you grind, of course (but then the rest will be a cakewalk).

Pseudo Legend will be Dragon/Ice.

Dolphin Pokemon has a gimmick to it. Something about evolving without really evolving. Maybe something like Wishiwashi? idk.

Dog Lines will be Fairy (the one already revealed), Ghost, and Dark.

There will be a Dragon Shrimp/Fish Poke.

Suicune has an Ancient Form and Virizon has a Future Form, but both will likely be in to-be DLC. Guessing many Legends, including the new Cover Bike Legends, will be receiving Ancient and Future Forms in the DLC.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:38 Aug11 2022 Post ID: 3458469
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sub-Legendary Quartet are all part Dark Type, something to do with being the opposites of the Genie Quartet in whatever mythology they are from. One Fire, one Ice, one Ground, one Grass.

Grass Starter evolves into Grass/Dark Magician Cat. Water Starter evolves into Water/Fighting Dancer Bird. Fire Starter evolves into Fire/Ghost Singing Croc.

Ghost Coin Pokemon.

Fire Warrior / Fire Blade Version Exclusive Evolution,

Electric Plasma Frog

Engine Pokemon

Basical no trainer customization. You get to choose between four school outfits. Can only change accessories.

Elite Four starting to be posted too. Craziest leak season ever. This is what happens when you only do two trailors. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Aug 12th 2022 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:58 Aug12 2022 Post ID: 3458471
steelersrock01
+
All seems like pretty cool stuff. I wish they'd go a little crazier with the starter typings though. It seems like they're kinda scared to mix it up a bit. There's ton of type combos that have less than 10 total mons.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:27 Aug15 2022 Post ID: 3458483
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here is an interactive SV Pokedex based on all leaks:
https://www.makio.it/pokemon/sv-dex/

Fan art, of course, but those are all the new lines.

Final Numbers:
105 New Pokemon
4 Paldean Forms (3 of which are Tauros)
8 Past Pokemon Forms (Scarlet)
8 Future Pokemon Forms (Violet)
5 Cross Gen Evolutions
4 Convergent Pokemon (thus far)
darkboarder_77 Posted: 07:13 Aug20 2022 Post ID: 3458498
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
steelersrock01 said:All seems like pretty cool stuff. I wish they'd go a little crazier with the starter typings though. It seems like they're kinda scared to mix it up a bit. There's ton of type combos that have less than 10 total mons.

Hard agree.

On a personal note, the only Pokemon I really care about is Glaceon. Long as they don't gimp her in some significant way, I can probably cope with most changes.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:47 Aug20 2022 Post ID: 3458499
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dolphin Pokemon will be Water Type. Who would've guessed? lol

It's looking like there will be only four convergent Pokemon, as no further leaks have come out about them. These Pokemon look similar to older Pokemon, but have enough changes in their color scheme and design that they have been given a different name. Apparently, there are convergent species in real life. Who knew. Anyway, Diglett and Dugtrio's Convergent Species are that of an Eel, and Tentacool and Tentacruel's Convergent Species have a mushroom design.

Eh, imo. Why create something brand new if you're only gonna do four? Seems like they are trying to do too much and hope it all comes together. Scarlet and Violet were previously revealed to include many previous ideas that Pokemon decided to pass on, and it's appearing like that more by the passing day. Only four Paldean Forms (three of which to Tauros alone), five Cross-Gen Evolutions, eight Past Pokemon Forms, eight Future Forms, and 4 Convergent Forms. Honestly, I feel like they could've passed on the Region and Convergent Forms and just focused on Past & Future Forms with a few Cross-Gen Evolutions to pull it all together. Too much going on.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:07 Aug21 2022 Post ID: 3458501
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Present Day Form of the Cover Legends is the newly revealed Cyclizar. Not sure how you go from the Scarlet Cover Legend to a little green lizard to the Violet Cover Legend, but alrighty then.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:17 Aug21 2022 Post ID: 3458503
steelersrock01
+
Seems lke a case of a bunch of half-baked ideas. I'm hoping they can pull it together. Gotta figure the game's about done, november will be here soon.
Warrior13 Posted: 05:47 Aug22 2022 Post ID: 3458504
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, a bunch of old ideas that they are finally going back to in hopes of being able to make them work. We?ll see.

Completely agree. At this point, the shell of the games have to be done, and they are just working on initial update that must be done when first starting the game (as they have done with the last few).
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:55 Nov16 2022 Post ID: 3458773
steelersrock01
+
Hey Warrior, you getting excited for Friday?
Warrior13 Posted: 22:50 Nov20 2022 Post ID: 3458782
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Game was delivered at 3PM on Friday. Finished at 8PM on Saturday after eighteen hours of gameplay.

Pretty good game overall. I liked Legends Arceus more, but it was still good. They went for more heartwarming storylines, which was okay. Group of kids forming team to stop bullying, kids trying to save his dying dog, etc. Open world was nice, but they needed more directions since no level scaling. I was over leveled for most of the game, but then it suddenly got way difficult at the end. Made it through with plenty of items. Zero post game whatsoever, just rematch gym leaders and do mini tournament with random selection of key characters. After that, you can only repeat tournament and do raid battles. Unfortunately, five star raids are far to hard to defeat with NPC, so you either need internet nintendo subscription or don?t do at all. However, would still recommend for the newerish experience.

Might post my team if I remember to do so. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:04 Nov21 2022 Post ID: 3458784
steelersrock01
+
That's the vibe I'm getting from it too. The open world is cool but with no level scaling seems kinda pointless if you are soft-railroaded anyway. The technical issues are straight up embarrassing too.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:50 Nov23 2022 Post ID: 3458788
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
You got the game???

Yeah, a lot of bugs alone still to clean up. Tera battles can't keep up, and a few clips in the game had side screen white lines suddenly appear for me. Luckily, I made it through with no real glitches.

I ended up going with Skeledirge (Fuecoco), Palafin (still need someone to connect with and help me evolve), Ceruledge, Baxcaliber, and Tinkaton. Only rolled with five Pokemon for the Main Game. Wanted Bisharp's new evolution, but way too late in the game. Could've gone with Cetitan or Lokix as originally backup planned, but I decided otherwise. Since then, I added Paradox Gallade/Gardvoir (name it Gallevoir).

Post Game seems to be all about doing enough raids to gain Level 6 Raids, where you earn the best ingredients for sandwiches and Shiny Hunting. Ehh.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:11 Nov26 2022 Post ID: 3458793
steelersrock01
+
No I haven't gotten it but I've seen quite a bit of gameplay. I've got a bit too much going on to sink into another Pokemon game. Maybe if they clean up some of the bugs.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:41 Nov26 2022 Post ID: 3458795
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would definitely recommend, if only for the new concept. Maybe wait, though, for the DLC.
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:09 Nov27 2022 Post ID: 3458797
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, we'll see. The concept does seem a little more fresh. The lack of level scaling takes away from it a bit though.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:14 Nov27 2022 Post ID: 3458800
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It definitely does. If you don?t follow the recommended paths, which still sees you going back and forth, you will be over leveled for most of the game before being severely under leveled all of a sudden.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:17 Nov30 2022 Post ID: 3458804
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, that's kinda lame. Hopefully they can work on the formula going forward. And work on the glitches and graphics. I'm not a graphics snob especially for Pokemon but it's embarrassing that Colosseum and XD from almost 20 years ago look better in some ways. Pokemon is the biggest franchise on the planet and they should be putting out top tier games - ridiculous we have to keep saying "oh they'll get it better next time" every time they change the formula a bit.
RainBirds Posted: 22:56 Oct08 2023 Post ID: 3459980
RainBirds
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
It's intriguing to hear about the upcoming Pok�mon game with two different Professors and the introduction of Scarlet Cover Legend Koraidon and Violet Cover Legend Miraidon, both Dragon types. Choosing between them sounds like a tough decision!

As for the Starters and other Pok�mon, it seems like we'll have to wait a bit longer for more details. The mention of a Tauros on an NPC's shirt does raise exciting possibilities, like the potential for an evolution or Regional Form.

The mystery around the region's name adds to the anticipation! Pok�mon games always have a way of keeping us curious until they're released. Can't wait to see what's in store for this new adventure! ??
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close