Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

SuperCheats Nostalgia Quiz

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Sanzano Posted: 14:51 Jun04 2022 Post ID: 3458122
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
It's come to my attention during my time in the forums of SuperCheats that what is common knowledge and obvious for one person maybe totally obscure for another. Below are 19 questions, let me know how many you get right.

Feel free to add your own questions.

1) Why did this man become a household name in 1978?

2) Who is this famous British comic character?

3) Who is this famous Sci-Fi Villain?

4) Who is this serial killer?

5) Name the movie this iconic image is from?

6) What horror movie is this image taken from?

7) Who is this famous singer?

8) Name this cult classic move?

9) What was the name of the 1985 movie this famous NFL star appeared in?

10) What role did this beauty queen become famous for?

11) Who is this famous San Francisco cop?

12) What is the name of the heroine in the Aliens movies?

13) Who is this famous actress?

14) What series did this jewel thief appear in?

15) Who was the first Bond girl?

16) Who is this martial artist?

17) Who are these two living legends playing chess?

18) Who is this famous stuntman?

19) Who is this famous supermodel?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jun 5th 2022 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 22:04 Jun07 2022 Post ID: 3458156
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I only got nine correct, if I am not mistaken. Some are too before my time.

Myers
Jack
Blondie
Warriors (has Harry from Dexter when young)
The Lovely Rachelle
Original Batman Catwoman
Lee
Tyson/Arnold
Evil
Sanzano Posted: 01:16 Jun08 2022 Post ID: 3458162
Sanzano
+
Nine isn't bad Warrior13, there's two or three there I'm stunned you didn't know. Just waiting for steelersrock01 to have a stab at the quiz then I'll go through the answers. I know a few of them are from the 70s but they are so iconic you will kick yourself when you see the answers.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:25 Jun08 2022 Post ID: 3458170
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I wish I knew more of the hotties. ;)
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:00 Jun08 2022 Post ID: 3458182
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Sorry, just saw this.

1. Lou Ferrigno - Hulk
2. Dredd - I know him from the 2012 movie with Karl Urban lol
3. Don't know
4. Michael Myers
5. A Clockwork Orange
6. The Shining
7. Don't know
8. The Warriors
9. Goonies
10. Don't know
11. Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry
12. Ripley
13. Don't know
14. Don't know
15. Ursula Andress
16. Bruce Lee
17. Tyson and Schwarzenegger
18. Evel Knievel
19. Cindy Crawford

14/19, I think? If some stuff is from comics I won't know it, I was never a comics fan.
Sanzano Posted: 15:00 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458190
Sanzano
+
This was actually quite interesting looking at your answers, lots of the questions were from the 70s and 80s when I was growing up and anyone from my era would instantly know the answers to these questions, even my wife got most of them right.

No 1:
A young Lou Ferrignou who went on to play the Hulk.

No 2:
Judge Dredd, if you grew up as a kid in the UK you would instantly recognize Judge Dredd from the weekly comic 2000AD. Most Americans will either know him from the aweful Stallone movie of the 90s or the recent 2012 Karl Urban movie like steelersrock pointed out.

No 3:
How on earth can neither of you regcognize the Emporer Ming from the 60s Flash Gordon TV series and the 80s Flash Gordon movie which was famous for the Queen music.

No 4:
Both of you got Michael Myers from Halloween, I thought maybe one of you would have got him mixed up with Jason Voorhees the Friday the 13th killer who dons the iconic ski mask.

No 5:
Stanley Kubricks cult classic a Clockwork Orange, I was surprised steelersrock01 got that to be honest, I thought that one would have stumped the pair of you as its from the 70s.

No 6:
Even though its form the 70s Jack Nicholson in The Shining is just too iconic not to know.

No 7:
Debbie Harry otherwise known as Blondie. Before Madonna there was the Punk movement and during the late 70s Blondie ruled the airwaves.

No 8:
Looks like the Warriors is one of those movies that everyone has seen, I remember being blown away by it when I first saw it in 1982 on video three years after its release on cinema. I was 13.

No 9:
I was surprised Warrior13 didn't know The Goonies. Sloth was played by John Matuszak the first overall pick in the 1973 NFL draft who died of a drug overdose. He ended his career with the Raiders winning two Super Bowls with them.

No 10:
How on earth can neither of you recognize Linda Carter who went on to play Wonder Woman in the TV series.

No 11:
Looks like Dirty Harry is more iconic than I thought, wasn't sure either of you would get this one as the last Dirty Harry movie was Sudden Impact in 1983.

No 12:
I didn't think Warrior13 would get this one as sci-fi is not his thing. Well done steelersrock01 getting Ellen Louise Ripley. The second Alien movie (Aliens) is by far my personal favorite. Just stress from beginning to end.

No 13:
Warrior gets Raquel Welch from the 1966 movie One Million Years B.C.

No 14:
Julie Newmar as the Catwoman in the 60s TV series. My personal favorite Catwoman actress.

No 15:
Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder, my favorite Bond girl by a mile. Good call steelesrock01.

No 16:
The legendary Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon, still my favorite martial arts movie.

No 17:
It's impossible not to know who those two legends are playing chess.

No 18:
Surprised you have both heard of Evel Knievel to be honest. His last jump was in 1975, I was only 6, but I had the toy.

No 19:
Not sure how Warrior13 doesn't recognize Cindy Crawford, the Super Model whose face was on numerous cosmetic campagins during the late 80s and early 90s.

If I get some spare time I will do some more questions, I actually enjoyed finding out what you guys know and don't know. I'm sure if you did something similar I'd struggle. I'm not too hot on the latest stuff, things were different when I was a kid, TV only had three channels, so everyone basically watched the same stuff.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:55 Jun09 2022 Post ID: 3458198
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I mostly just don't know the comics stuff.

Myers is still big in pop culture - Freddy Krueger would've been a bigger stumper.

I watched parts of Clockwork Orange in school and college

I actually know the Warriors from the video game - Rockstar (the grand theft auto devs) actually made it.

I watched Alien and Goonies pretty recently.

I know Evel Knievel through my parents, whenever my brother and I did stuff on a bike or 4 wheeler our parents would call us that. H's still pretty present in pop culture.

And yeah, there's just a ton more stuff nowadays. I probably wouldn't recognize 75% of current stuff if you made the same quiz. It's just enough time has gone by that we remember the good stuff from the past and all the old crap has been forgotten.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jun 9th 2022 »
Warrior13 Posted: 10:57 Jun10 2022 Post ID: 3458210
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I know of Flash Gordon, but I never watched the movie. Never watched the Goonie either, but everyone knows the truffle shuffle.

I only got Raquel because she was the last poster in the Shawshank Redemption. The other gals were too before my time; I would have only gotten Audrey or Marilyn. lol
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close