Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

Father's Day

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Warrior13 Posted: 13:59 Jun25 2022 Post ID: 3458300
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,054
+
I know this is late--I can't seem to find a time for anything these days--but did all of you have nice Father's Day?

My pops got an executive job recently in a city that is two hours away, and it was required that he gets an apartment up there. I've been keeping up with my mom since I still live near her, and he visits whenever he has a day off. He did so on Father's Day, as well. Went out to dinner with the two of them. Mom and I split on new work attire, as well as this bundle of certified signed baseballs I found online (including Nolan Ryan, Reggie Jackson, Pete Rose, Ozzie Smith, and Johnny Bench).

I think he had a good day.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 15:57 Jun25 2022 Post ID: 3458301
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Sounds like your Dad had a wonderful day Warrior13.

Unfortunately my Dad is in a care home. My wife, son, and me took him out Father's Day, as he suffers from Parkinson's Disease, Altimeters, and Dementia we can't do much with him. It's usually a case of stopping off to get some coffees and donuts and driving to somewhere picturesque or the seafront overlooking the Mediterranean and watching the sun go down while I feed him his donut and coffee. It doesn't sound like much but that always puts a big smile on his face.

On Father's Day my thirteen-year-old son gave me a card with a lovely message inside. That means more to me than anything.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jun 25th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 14:57 Jun26 2022 Post ID: 3458306
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Sounds like you guys had nice days. Nice picture Dennis.

My mom and I took my dad out to a nice restaurant and my brother sent this fancy assorted nut gift box since he's too far to come home conveniently. This coming weekend him and his girlfriend are making the trip home though and we're ordering some live crabs to cook so that's kind of an extension of Father's day.
Sanzano Posted: 16:30 Jun26 2022 Post ID: 3458310
Sanzano
+
Sounds great steelersrock01

I remember seeing lots of crabs in Spain when I was a kid on holiday there. I think they're becoming extinct as I haven't seen one at a beach in Spain in 20 years. The only time I do see them is at a restaurant when someone orders a paella.

steelersrock01 Posted: 19:43 Jun26 2022 Post ID: 3458313
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I live on the bay so there's a good number of independent fisherman that go out on boats with crab pots and sell the catch. My grandfather did it for decades as a side job.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:31 Jun26 2022 Post ID: 3458316
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: I bet that means the world to your pops. ;)

Mike: My gutter mind saw me laugh at fancy nuts for a good a minute. But the double Father's Day sounds nice.
Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Jun29 2022 Post ID: 3458323
Sanzano
+
Warrior13: You are absolutely right, when you get into the state my Dad is in you appreciate every day, the things you take for granted suddenly become appreciated.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:38 Jun30 2022 Post ID: 3458326
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Exactly.

I think it's just naturally progression in life. As we all grow older, birthdays and holidays are great just when you can have a meal with family. It's the smaller things.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close