Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

I don't understand... why is it like this...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
nintendo_dude Posted: 04:44 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565565
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
On 15-Dec-2005 darkboarder_77 said:I don't get it. I'm 13, and in every IQ test I've taken I get 140. Then, i go to school, try my hardest, and everyone masterfully outperforms me in knowledge, intelligence, physical capacity, in their 5 senses, and in speed.

I don't get it. I got 5 A's and 2 B's on my report card 4 weeks ago, and yet in class, everyone finishes before me, always knows what to do, and understands what's being taught at ridiculous speed. For example... every single time in Math class I try my hardest and I know what the hell I'm doing and I work as fast as possible, I get 1/4 of my Math paper finished when another kid named Marlon suddenly finishes. Then, 2 minutes later, eveyrone else finishes, and I'm still only half done with the page. Then, my Math teacher checks over our problems. The outcome? 3/4 of my problems are incorrect, while Marlon scores 100%, and everyone else scores between 90-100%. Unbelieveable. In the middle of Math class, our teacher tends to get us to yell some answers out for some problems he writes up, and before I can begin applying the formula to figure it out, half the class yells out the answer- and gets it right.

In History, we had to cut some things out and glue them onto some paper to turn in. I don't know why on Earth my Honors History class would want us to cut and paste stuff, it seemed pretty childish. So anyway, all the students start the classwork at the same time, including me. I work as fast and hard as I can- and yet, everyone else finishes before me, gets all of their other work done, and I'm still only 1/2 done with my work.

In Language Arts, we had to do some classwork at the beginning of class, and I was the first to arrive in the classroom. I set down my stuff, and begin the work as fast and hard as I can. I might note that I am particularly good at Language Arts, by the way, so what's coming up really doesn't make any sense to me, but 10 minutes later, when everyone has arrived, the people who just arrived 3 minutes ago are already finishing their work and I'm only 3/4 done with my page when everyone else is done. We go over the page, and I find that 50% of my answers were wrong, while everyone else did better than I did, while completing it more than 3 times as fast as I did.

In PE, I see kids who are chubby and out of shape who can do flips and rolls and do tremendous acrobatic stuff, and yet, they aren't the only ones- nearly everyone in my PE class, all the youngsters, the chubbies, and the out of shape kids, are several times stronger than I am, can do certain acrobatic things that I am totally incapable of doing at the moment, and overall outperform me in the class. I am a skinny kid who gets lots of excercise, I might want to note.

Everyone seems to understand things very quickly. It's like they are geniuses. No matter what class I am in- Math, Science, Language Arts, History, Sex Ed, or anything like that, I am always outperformed by 95% of the class.

I possess horrible reflexes, I am extremely physically weak, and from the looks of things, I might actually turn out to be... unintelligent, or an underform of humans.

But why? I get great grades, my elemental abilities notwithstanding, I get lots of excercise, and I have 32 friends at my school that I made within 13 weeks. Why am I so lacking? I am beginning to wonder if either the other humans have begun some form of mental evolution or maybe they were all born that way, or if I'm just stupid.

Can someone help me out here? Please?
Ok I can't help with the P.E. thing because it's just natural strengh really. At least you're faster than most of those other kids right?

Maybe you're a slow writer or you don't feel the need to work mega fast/Marlon-fast. I'm not the most intelligent person in my school year but I know I'm in the top 25 (out of something like 120). People's brain can develop slower than others. Also maybe there's too much information for you to take in at one time. You might be like me and can't take too much information in at one time (this is for getting stuff wrong and the like).

I'm trying to help you out as much as I can Kev, I'm sure one day you'll likely catch up and start beating all those kids like Marlon (what a wimpy name this guy has) but you haven't had your moment yet.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
superman4u Posted: 07:37 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565656
superman4u
Post Likes: 2
+
On 15-Dec-2005 darkboarder_77 said:You didn't read eveyrhting. I'm not talking just about speed. If you read everything you'd know that I not only finished last but also got nearly eveyrthing wrong. I am assuming that Marlon at least has an IQ of 180, maybe higher, but he belongs in 9th grade. I'm in 7th grade now with him.
I did read everything. That's why I said trial and error is your strong point. You try something out, and then you do it wrong, but next time you know what you did wrong, so you can't make the same mistakes. That's why I said, people who are slow, and make mistakes end up to be the smarter and faster ones on SC. One more thing is that anything above 150 IQ is like a genius dude. My IQ is probably around 145 or something. :P. So just keep working at it. As long as you make it through highschool, and college, and get a good job. You are more then good. Smile

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
Y2K Posted: 08:57 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565700
Y2K
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
Ow my gosh what are you talking about those grades are good I mean this one guy i knew failed 3years now thats BAD!!!!!!
Wussup!!!! Y2K is in da house get ready to party!!!!Nobody beats Redman,Methodman and CyprisHill!!!!!!
darkboarder_77 Posted: 10:12 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565741
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
What scares me is that I write really fast, small, and neat... and I still don't get the work done the way I want. Sometimes I do get the work done with an A+, but almost never before a few other people. And the more it happens, the more discouraged I get, and the more discouraged I get the less intelligent I feel.

But yes ND, I run incredibly fast, faster than all of the kids in my PE class, and I jump higher than all of them as well.

There's only one intellectual strongpoint I seem to have- scientific theories. Science and scientific theories. I'm talking Science not just in the classroom but science that I haven't even been taught about yet. I have theories about antimatter and photonic particles, example. Not too fast at it but the outcome is almost always sensible... last year in 6th grade, I had an A every marking period in Science and I was nominated best 6th grade Science student.

But if that's all, if that's the only thing, then I don't know what to say. I can sometimes talk really fast, but it's an almost useless talent. Most of my talents are nigh-useless.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

annefranman52 Posted: 10:21 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565752
annefranman52
+
Well maybe you are in a super-smart class full of Albert Einsteins. I would say i'm in the top 20 in my school year and i finish quickly with my work, but i have a lot of weak points like Science, Geography etc. You seem very smart anyway i had no idea you were only 13, you seem at least 16!
darkboarder_77 Posted: 11:06 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565836
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
What scares me is how I matched up evenly with everyone lest year in 6th grade, but now I've moved and I'm in a different school and evryone pwns me in overall capabilities.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

annefranman52 Posted: 11:08 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565839
annefranman52
+
Well if your class is full of people like Marlon, you must be in the top set. Which is very good anyway.
shiny zapdos Posted: 11:45 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565935
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 15-Dec-2005 darkboarder_77 said:I don't get it. I'm 13, and in every IQ test I've taken I get 140. Then, i go to school, try my hardest, and everyone masterfully outperforms me in knowledge, intelligence, physical capacity, in their 5 senses, and in speed.

I don't get it. I got 5 A's and 2 B's on my report card 4 weeks ago, and yet in class, everyone finishes before me, always knows what to do, and understands what's being taught at ridiculous speed. For example... every single time in Math class I try my hardest and I know what the hell I'm doing and I work as fast as possible, I get 1/4 of my Math paper finished when another kid named Marlon suddenly finishes. Then, 2 minutes later, eveyrone else finishes, and I'm still only half done with the page. Then, my Math teacher checks over our problems. The outcome? 3/4 of my problems are incorrect, while Marlon scores 100%, and everyone else scores between 90-100%. Unbelieveable. In the middle of Math class, our teacher tends to get us to yell some answers out for some problems he writes up, and before I can begin applying the formula to figure it out, half the class yells out the answer- and gets it right.

In History, we had to cut some things out and glue them onto some paper to turn in. I don't know why on Earth my Honors History class would want us to cut and paste stuff, it seemed pretty childish. So anyway, all the students start the classwork at the same time, including me. I work as fast and hard as I can- and yet, everyone else finishes before me, gets all of their other work done, and I'm still only 1/2 done with my work.

In Language Arts, we had to do some classwork at the beginning of class, and I was the first to arrive in the classroom. I set down my stuff, and begin the work as fast and hard as I can. I might note that I am particularly good at Language Arts, by the way, so what's coming up really doesn't make any sense to me, but 10 minutes later, when everyone has arrived, the people who just arrived 3 minutes ago are already finishing their work and I'm only 3/4 done with my page when everyone else is done. We go over the page, and I find that 50% of my answers were wrong, while everyone else did better than I did, while completing it more than 3 times as fast as I did.

In PE, I see kids who are chubby and out of shape who can do flips and rolls and do tremendous acrobatic stuff, and yet, they aren't the only ones- nearly everyone in my PE class, all the youngsters, the chubbies, and the out of shape kids, are several times stronger than I am, can do certain acrobatic things that I am totally incapable of doing at the moment, and overall outperform me in the class. I am a skinny kid who gets lots of excercise, I might want to note.

Everyone seems to understand things very quickly. It's like they are geniuses. No matter what class I am in- Math, Science, Language Arts, History, Sex Ed, or anything like that, I am always outperformed by 95% of the class.

I possess horrible reflexes, I am extremely physically weak, and from the looks of things, I might actually turn out to be... unintelligent, or an underform of humans.

But why? I get great grades, my elemental abilities notwithstanding, I get lots of excercise, and I have 32 friends at my school that I made within 13 weeks. Why am I so lacking? I am beginning to wonder if either the other humans have begun some form of mental evolution or maybe they were all born that way, or if I'm just stupid.

Can someone help me out here? Please?
Intelligent Quotient is based upon logic, skill and ability to perform well in every aspect of Academia. Obviously, you're not logical, skilled or academic enough to impress your teachers, but possess suitable smarts to satisfy IQ tests. It really is that simple.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 11:57 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565978
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
On 16-Dec-2005 shiny zapdos said:Intelligent Quotient is based upon logic, skill and ability to perform well in every aspect of Academia. Obviously, you're not logical, skilled or academic enough to impress your teachers, but possess suitable smarts to satisfy IQ tests. It really is that simple.
Hmm? I thought you'd insult me... but no matter, what you said is the truth.

nintendo_dude Posted: 12:02 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565986
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
Well, my suggestion is for you to move back to your old school.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
shiny zapdos Posted: 12:18 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566012
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 16-Dec-2005 darkboarder_77 said:Hmm? I thought you'd insult me... but no matter, what you said is the truth.
I think that was the first ever post I haven't insulted you on, Kevin...
Avengein Posted: 12:25 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566026
Avengein
Post Likes: 31
+
^ Thats a bit mean, hun. Secretly in my head i was saying what SZ said to you... dont all stare my mum said tis' not nice to stare o_O
What the hell am I doing here?
darkboarder_77 Posted: 13:41 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566177
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
If I have an IQ of 140, then something's definitely up with the other kids... 150 is genius level, which I come 10 short of, but for so many people to surpass me like this, I don't know... this is the 7th year in a row they've wabted me in a Gifted and Talented program, though...

shiny zapdos Posted: 16:11 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566459
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
Avengein - Sue me, darling. =P That's the difference between me and the rest of this site - I'm not afraid to say it. =D I mean, take the avatar as a prime example...

I'm smart, Kevin dear. But it doesn't mean I'm quick. I'm a slow writer, but I still rock. Legibility isn't a skill - it's a curse. Remember, whatever you do, just believe that you're better than everyone else. It'll leave you delusion and socially outcast, but at least you'll feel good about yourself. =P
Cross Stinger Posted: 16:18 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566465
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
Well, looking at your post it's a matter of confidence. If you don't think you'll pass, you probably won't. If you do, then study and knock it into your head.
shiny zapdos Posted: 16:19 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566467
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 16-Dec-2005 Cross Stinger said:Well, looking at your post it's a matter of confidence. If you don't think you'll pass, you probably won't. If you do, then study and knock it into your head.
Well said, William honey. =) Do you like my avatar? =P
Cross Stinger Posted: 16:22 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566470
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
+
To be blunt, I don't.
shiny zapdos Posted: 16:28 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566483
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 16-Dec-2005 Cross Stinger said:To be blunt, I don't.
Edit: I do, Holly, but I don't want to wreck my reputation by saying it.

Lol XD of course you love it. The only person who doesn't love it is KoG, and, to be frank, I really don't care what he thinks. I was going to put something a lot worse than free cakes for pwnage... =P
Aeshma Posted: 16:32 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566489
Aeshma
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 8
+
Then I'm the person you should have to give all those muffins...and Dennis as well Smile

And I like the avy XD
Cross Stinger Posted: 16:33 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566490
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
+
You're just funny, Holly.

I agree Annabel was disruptive, but stuff like the avatar is exactly why I had to crash your party on the staff area.
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close