Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Super Cheats Times Issue 3

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Rooku Posted: 13:10 Jan22 2006 Post ID: 630293
Rooku
Post Likes: 0
+
Issue 3

[b] [u]GoGo Gone Bye Bye [/b][/u]
Sadly our beloved GoGoBananas is gone. The one who worked hard to get Super Cheats Times into a forum has been banned. He was flamming and spamming. We all will miss the One The Only - GoGo.

[b][u]General Chat Goes Big [/b][/u]
General Chat finally got to 150 pages! That?s bout 3000 topics! We?d like to thank all of you who made that possible. Clearly Super Cheats much more popular than it was. Hopefully we can get it to 250 pages! Congrats General Chat!

[b][u] Many people leaving?[/b][/u]
If anyone has noticed many members have either gone to the wild side or have gotten bored and left. GoGoBananas, and even Superman4u told Super Cheats Times on yahoo messenger quote ? I can't believe I am saying this, I am getting bored of SC Wow.... I just want to watch tv, go outside and play basketball, and do my homework and if I have time play video games like a normal kid and when I need on games, I can just come online to look them up but not actually get obsessed over the net ? ? I might be quitting SC? I will have to see mean if I was Aeshma, and I was going to be like a Vice-Admin there is a reason to stay..but in reality there isn't? Unquote . Yes this is all stated from SM4U. What is the fate of our members? Who will be the next big thing? Who will be the next big spammer? We?ll never know...

[b][u]Retail sales monitor The NPD Group says U.S. PC video game sales sank 14 percent in 2005 to under $1 billion[/b][/u]

Hot on the heels of reporting 2005 was a record year for portable video game sales in the U.S., the NPD Group said today that domestic sales of CD-ROM video games for PCs slumped by 14 percent compared to 2004, to a total of just $953 million. Overall sales volume came to 38 million units, a 19 percent decline from the 47 million units sold in 2004.
The decline came as online gaming grew in popularity, with Blizzard Entertainment's massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft selling nearly 1 million units alone. Other big hits were EA's The Sims 2: University Expansion Pack (574,000 sold), and The Sims 2 (559,000 sold).
NPD points to growing online game play as the major source of decline, noting that an increasing number of games have no so-called "retail box" to be purchased: players instead download necessary software using broadband Internet connections rather than purchasing software and installation materials via retailers. NPD analyst Anita Frazier says that, despite diminishing retail sales in recent years, game-playing on PCs is actually increasing.

Yes it is a bit short but ideas are still sturring! ENJOY!!
ÄßßÉ- well. isn't this just interesting?
Tornado212 Posted: 13:18 Jan22 2006 Post ID: 630314
Tornado212
+
The SC Times First Ever Webcomic!

Made by yours truly, the first ever SC webcomic is now here. Please enjoy the action, comedy and just plain weird things. This issue's comic is not going to have much action, and the sprites need to be confiured but next issue, i'll have them all done!

http://tinypic.com/mb7eo9.png
annefranman52 Posted: 14:08 Jan22 2006 Post ID: 630390
annefranman52
+
Moderators update (Courtesy of graphic disigner)

The list of new moderators:

Graphicdisigner (General Gaming Discussion)
Rooku (The Supercheats Times)
Annefranman52 (The Supercheats Times)
Mask-o-Shiek (General Gaming Discussion)
Annefranman52 (WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 06)
hunter15shadow (Runescape2)
hunter15shadow (education)

Mod spots

The SC staff
were filled with excitement earlier today, as the spot every mod wants was open. That's right, a spot for the staff forum was open. Many mods were talking of who will get the spot, but it turns out that Zelda Fan has kept his spot, due to another misunderstanding.
koolkid24 Posted: 14:47 Jan24 2006 Post ID: 634069
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
New News

You'll like this rumour...
From Teamsupercheats
... quote "Rumour has it we'll be adding a private messaging system to Super Cheats in the next couple of months.

... Details to follow, just thought I would annouce it now as I know some people have been hanging out for this feature.

... I can say it will be totally opt in, so you don't have to receive PMs if you don't want to, or opt to only receive them from certain people etc... Anyway, stay tuned Super Cheaters Smile"
---------
Holy Avatar Batman!From Teamsupercheats
From Teamsupercheats
quote "OK, as requested by loaaaaaaadddddddddsssssssssssss of people on the forum we have increased the avatar file size to 25k! The dimensions must still be 100x100 or less".
----------
New Forum :: Total Cheats
From Teamsuperchea
quote" You may or may not know that Super Cheats is part of Video Gamer Network, and we have a load of other sites as well as this one. One of these sites is http://www.totalcheats.com ( Total Cheats ), it has been around nearly as long as Super Cheats, but has always been in it's shadows... until now.

We have relaunched it a few days ago, and added familiar Super Cheats features, such as a forum, a submissions system for cheats and a question and answer facility. So, if you are the least bit interested, please go check it out, let us know what you think (good or bad)... Please avoid the obvious questions (why another cheat site, or why another forum)... It's just because I thought it would be a good idea.

It is also a chance to make your mark on a brand new community. There will be mod spots up for grabs but not immediately."
I'm Back!!
Tornado212 Posted: 06:38 Jan25 2006 Post ID: 634978
Tornado212
+
Whoamg!

I may not be a reporter on this, but this is urgent news, the totally famous, Aeshma, the super mod we have all come to love, has changed his avatar! This may not be BIG news, but the famouos avatar has been changed to an... angry looking dog! Well I guess he has now clutched the title of, "Mad Dog".

In other news, those who are more frequently on the G&A forum, have realized that the comic Aeshma makes is back in busines. The comic is called, "Double Dragon Aeshma". It focuses on the beating, fighting, and torturing of those who have spammed and flamed on SC. Long, long ago, Aeshma made people attack Justin and now, it just may be our very own Gogobananas. Some people may oppose to this, but Rich seems to like it himself, so the series will continue.

UPDATE: He has changed it, yet again, now it seems to be some sort of fairy.
Rooku Posted: 18:57 Jan25 2006 Post ID: 636151
Rooku
+
SuperCheats Times TeamCheck out our new team! Has about 5 members!
ÄßßÉ- well. isn't this just interesting?
koolkid24 Posted: 22:38 Jan25 2006 Post ID: 636621
koolkid24
+
On 25-Jan-2006 Tornado212 said:Whoamg!

I may not be a reporter on this, but this is urgent news, the totally famous, Aeshma, the super mod we have all come to love, has changed his avatar! This may not be BIG news, but the famouos avatar has been changed to an... angry looking dog! Well I guess he has now clutched the title of, "Mad Dog".

In other news, those who are more frequently on the G&A forum, have realized that the comic Aeshma makes is back in busines. The comic is called, "Double Dragon Aeshma". It focuses on the beating, fighting, and torturing of those who have spammed and flamed on SC. Long, long ago, Aeshma made people attack Justin and now, it just may be our very own Gogobananas. Some people may oppose to this, but Rich seems to like it himself, so the series will continue.

UPDATE: He has changed it, yet again, now it seems to be some sort of fairy.
Adding to Tornado212 post

After a year and a half koolkid24 changes his old and boring metal gear avy into a call of duty avy.

(I am still a metal gear fan just need to change it up alittle.)
I'm Back!!
superman4u Posted: 19:54 Jan27 2006 Post ID: 639722
superman4u
Post Likes: 2
+
Rooku, I know I said those things. I meant it too. Lately, that's somewhat of the reasons that I have not been on as much. But the biggest reason of all, is because of Science fair. For all to know, I am not leaving SC. I might be gone for short periods of time to go hang out with friends, play video games, watch tv and stuff, but I will still post here. I will at least try to get in multiple posts a day, if school doesn't bother me with to much homeowork. But it's nice to see someone actually cares. :D

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
koolkid24 Posted: 22:41 Jan27 2006 Post ID: 639838
koolkid24
+
PS3's 2006 game lineup updated

The PlayStation 3 is supposed to come out this year, but its projected lineup for 2006 is a bit on the thin side. However, third-party publishers are starting to announce their contributions for the year little by little.

The latest issue of Famitsu reveals that Japanese game publisher Success has scheduled to release both of its PS3 games before the end of the calendar year. One is a yet-to-be-named role-playing game, and the other is a simulation game named Hitsuji Mura (Sheep Village). Both games were already announced at 2005's Tokyo Game Show, but their release dates were given the mysterious "To Be Announced" label.

While there are already 71 publishers making 102 games for the PS3, most of the games still carry TBA release dates. With Success' pair added to the list of 2006 hopefuls, there are still only eight titles slated for this year. Koei is the only company that's announced titles for release this spring, when the PS3 may launch in Japan.

The list of PS3 games currently projected for release in 2006 is below:

Fatal Inertia, Koei, spring 2006
Mahjong Taikai, Koei, spring 2006
Ni-Oh, Koei, summer 2006
Shin Ten Makai VI, Idea Factory, summer 2006
Vampire's Rain, AQ Interactive, winter 2006
Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega, 2006
Unnamed RPG, Success, 2006
Hitsuji Mura, Success, 2006
I'm Back!!
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth