Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

HELP!!! - Bogus Report!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Sanzano Posted: 12:40 Feb25 2005 Post ID: 80313
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I was checking the Supercheats 'Bogus Report' system the other day and I thought to myself; If everyone bogused something they knew definately to be false when they read the Questions and Answers section it would help to clean up the whole site and prevent other inexperienced gamers wasting their time trying to achieve something that is frustrating and pointless.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cross Stinger Posted: 13:05 Feb25 2005 Post ID: 80347
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
But they should provide a legitimate reason for doing so. Are you saying this in response to the 'Corrections' submission that I placed for the Leaf Green Cheats?
liquidbutter Posted: 13:10 Feb25 2005 Post ID: 80354
liquidbutter
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
I think that would be a good idea. Though the sub should be bogified by at least two people before it gets taken away. So that a legitimate submission doesn't get deleted for a spiteful bogification.
Scrotal Safety Tip #3: Purchasing a swimsuit with built-in underpants will greatly cut down on excess scrotal-stress during a spirited game of volleyball and the like.
Dark ShadowPsyche Posted: 13:39 Feb25 2005 Post ID: 80389
Dark ShadowPsyche
Forum GuestMember
+
SANZANO! Hi, Bud! I agree with ya 100%! I've been Verifying the ones I know are true, too.
Sanzano Posted: 06:21 Feb26 2005 Post ID: 80778
Sanzano
+
On 25-Feb-2005 liquidbutter said:I think that would be a good idea. Though the sub should be bogified by at least two people before it gets taken away. So that a legitimate submission doesn't get deleted for a spiteful bogification.
You've hit the nail on the head, our system is geared so that when a particular submission gets bogused at least twice it comes to my attention and then I go and investigate it.

About 80% I can delete straight away as obvious fakes but it's the other 20% which concerns me, these submissions have been verified and bogused by the same amount of people and unless it's been bogused by a name I am familiar with and have faith in their knowledge like Cross Stinger in the Pokemon games for example I am reluctant to delete it.

By more experienced Gamers bogusing fake submission it would help clean up the site because say I came across a submission that has been verified twice but bogused six times I would feel more inclined to delete it.

spideraman99 Posted: 12:07 Feb26 2005 Post ID: 80920
spideraman99
Post Likes: 3
+
But there a lot of people who are competing for ratings. They rate and verify almost every single sub, I'm guessing somethimes without even reading it.

props to pokemonruler for the sweet sig and avatar
liquidbutter Posted: 12:09 Feb26 2005 Post ID: 80924
liquidbutter
Forum GuestMember
+
That is quite the conundrum. I guess, if you had the time you could go to other cheat sites and do some research. I don't mean any disrespect to this site, but when I search for cheats I don't limit myself to any one site. Often times people will submit many cheats to many different sites. So by checking out similar cheats or hints on other sites might help the verification process. Or, if you had alot of free time you could rent the game and try it yourself.

Here's another problem, what do you do when a submission contains multiple cheats or hints and only one of said cheats or hints is bogus? It's not right to bogus the entire sub when only one part is wrong. So how would you go about bogifying it?
Scrotal Safety Tip #3: Purchasing a swimsuit with built-in underpants will greatly cut down on excess scrotal-stress during a spirited game of volleyball and the like.
spideraman99 Posted: 12:19 Feb26 2005 Post ID: 80941
spideraman99
+
Then the admin can probably make notes on the submission.

Cross Stinger Posted: 12:23 Feb26 2005 Post ID: 80953
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
Or do what I did — submit corrections.
spideraman99 Posted: 12:24 Feb26 2005 Post ID: 80958
spideraman99
+
That too, I do that sometimes.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 13:02 Feb26 2005 Post ID: 81029
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
LB has a point. Another thing I noticed in the Metroid Prime section, was the answers to one of the questions. Someone asked how to use the Phazon Beam, and suddenly someone popped up and told where to find the Ice Beam. Now, the answer for where to find the Ice Beam was correct, but it was answering the wrong question. But wouldst you Bogus it?

So, should correct answers be Bogused if they are answering the wrong question?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Team SuperCheats Posted: 04:44 Feb27 2005 Post ID: 81760
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Just to clear things up.... Whether people verify or bogus anything it does not count towards their own status on Super Cheats (kudos or ranking) - it just helps us clean the site up.

We don't have a comments system yet for people to say if the submission is only partly wrong - we'll try to add this feature though.

If a question is answering the wrong question - then yes it should be bogused.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
darkboarder_77 Posted: 12:46 Feb27 2005 Post ID: 82006
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Oh... because I Verified it, heh...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 12:49 Feb27 2005 Post ID: 82008
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
On 26-Feb-2005 Sanzano said:You've hit the nail on the head, our system is geared so that when a particular submission gets bogused at least twice it comes to my attention and then I go and investigate it.

About 80% I can delete straight away as obvious fakes but it's the other 20% which concerns me, these submissions have been verified and bogused by the same amount of people and unless it's been bogused by a name I am familiar with and have faith in their knowledge like Cross Stinger in the Pokemon games for example I am reluctant to delete it.

By more experienced Gamers bogusing fake submission it would help clean up the site because say I came across a submission that has been verified twice but bogused six times I would feel more inclined to delete it.
I know some bit about Pokemon myself... I KNOW when a code is Bogus, I have years of experience in what is fake and real. ESPECIALLY in Pokemon.

Sanzano Posted: 10:14 Feb28 2005 Post ID: 82703
Sanzano
+
darkboarder_77 I know you're very knowledgable in the game, nobody disputes that fact, I just used Cross Stinger as an example. All I'm saying is that if four or five gamers like yourself bogused the false cheats on the Pokemon games when they read the Questions and Answers the whole section would get cleaned up in no time.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 13:12 Feb28 2005 Post ID: 82885
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
I didn't mean to brag (blushes slightly), but I was meaning to say that I, in the past, visited sites like this one, and collected a great amount of info, so here I am.

I would agree, though, Crossy's knowledge rivals mine...

nintendo_dude Posted: 13:49 Feb28 2005 Post ID: 82931
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
I rarely bogus report things,or verify things.If I know something to be completely false or as Rich said answering the wrong question I bogus report it.I mostly rate subs out of 10 than verify or bogus them.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
Dark_Espeon_1220 Posted: 14:08 Feb28 2005 Post ID: 82946
Dark_Espeon_1220
Forum GuestMember
+
On 27-Feb-2005 Team SuperCheats said:Just to clear things up.... Whether people verify or bogus anything it does not count towards their own status on Super Cheats (kudos or ranking) - it just helps us clean the site up.

We don't have a comments system yet for people to say if the submission is only partly wrong - we'll try to add this feature though.

If a question is answering the wrong question - then yes it should be bogused.
but what if an answer is half right?
should you bogus it too?
In Soviet Russia-car drives you!! Mod of the LG forums! Yoh, Sora, And Ed are MINE!!!!!
Join team SZ, and D$ today!!!!! Join here http://s10.invisionfree.com/Espeons_Cloud
JOIN TEAM STATE ALCHEMISTS!! My b-day is on the 11th of this month!!!!

nintendo_dude Posted: 14:16 Feb28 2005 Post ID: 82959
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
Well I'd rate it 5/10,dont verify or bogus it.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
Dark_Espeon_1220 Posted: 14:17 Feb28 2005 Post ID: 82961
Dark_Espeon_1220
Forum GuestMember
+
but how does that show it's half right
In Soviet Russia-car drives you!! Mod of the LG forums! Yoh, Sora, And Ed are MINE!!!!!
Join team SZ, and D$ today!!!!! Join here http://s10.invisionfree.com/Espeons_Cloud
JOIN TEAM STATE ALCHEMISTS!! My b-day is on the 11th of this month!!!!

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close