Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Emos

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
yossy666 Posted: 06:25 Jun06 2006 Post ID: 855594
yossy666
Post Likes: 0
+
ok... green day, good charlotte, my chemical romance, they dont cut themselves, but people call them emos... i dont get it. i define EMO as people who dress in black, and put eye'shadow on, studded necklaces/wristbands and stuff. you might call that punk, and so do i, so i guess i think they're the same thing really.

me, i dress in black alot, i love the colour black, but i dont put on the eye shadow, make up, studded necklaces/wrist bands and cut myself, i just like to dress in black. thats it. i have no EMO friends, but i think it would be cool to have one Smile
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
gogobananas Posted: 06:33 Jun06 2006 Post ID: 855611
gogobananas
+
Oh gawd you views are newbish...

Here in simple terms:

Emo- Wears black all the time, has fringe over large percentage of face, often cuts/harms self, has eye shadow and black fingernails, talk about how life sucks, gets dumped by girlfriend, listens to songs about people killing themselves.

Punk- Often have some form of un-natural colour in their hair (red, green, blue etc.) which is spiked in some way. A lot of punks have Cuffs (those black things with studs) around their wrists, or an anarchy symbol. Wears mostly black. Has a black belt with studs.

Goth-
Harder to describe :P. Black hair, black eye shadow, black nails, black lips, pale skin, wears black, often believes in paganism/witchism or some form of nature worship. A percentage of Goths are satanists and worship the devil and preform sacrifices and the like.

Finally, the following bands are not Emo.
Green Day and Good Charlotte
Demonology Posted: 15:13 Jun06 2006 Post ID: 856299
Demonology
Forum GuestMember
+
Not all Emo's have side frindges, I have hair cover most of my face, and I aint emo lol.
Titan_Omega Posted: 20:41 Jun06 2006 Post ID: 856667
Titan_Omega
Forum GuestMember
+
On 06-Jun-2006 gogobananas said:Oh gawd you views are newbish...

Here in simple terms:

Emo- Wears black all the time, has fringe over large percentage of face, often cuts/harms self, has eye shadow and black fingernails, talk about how life sucks, gets dumped by girlfriend, listens to songs about people killing themselves.

Punk- Often have some form of un-natural colour in their hair (red, green, blue etc.) which is spiked in some way. A lot of punks have Cuffs (those black things with studs) around their wrists, or an anarchy symbol. Wears mostly black. Has a black belt with studs.

Goth-
Harder to describe :P. Black hair, black eye shadow, black nails, black lips, pale skin, wears black, often believes in paganism/witchism or some form of nature worship. A percentage of Goths are satanists and worship the devil and preform sacrifices and the like.

Your somewhat correct...and Goth isn't that hard to describe

Emo:Emotional Punk basically
Punk:The original group that branched into the subgroups such as Goth, emo, psychobilly, etc
Goth:Think of it as "dark hippie" (except not all 'peace man, dont over complicate my vibe... keep it simple' & drumcircles & pot like the idiots from the 60's)and they shouldn't be directly associated with paganism,wicka (witchcraft as a religion is called wicka)or satanism... Many of them practice traditional religions (like myself... I'm a catholic goth)

« Last edited by Titan_Omega on Jun 6th 2006 »
Signature Unlocked
snake_dawg Posted: 21:41 Jun06 2006 Post ID: 856735
snake_dawg
Forum GuestMember
+
you guys all act like there's something wrong with emo's.

there isn't.
HATE ME TODAY

BLUE OCTOBER

thanx to graphicdisigner fer the pic

http://teams.supercheats.co...musicman
GameMaster453 Posted: 21:51 Jun06 2006 Post ID: 856741
GameMaster453
Forum GuestMember
+
NOT ALL EMOS CUT THEMSELFS. wow, you guys sterotype pretty hard on here.
my name slillie and i havent been on herefor like a yqear someone talk to me i need a friend :/

me and my cousin shes not as cool as me tho heh

>>>>>>myspace.com/lelye<<<<
morgio7 Posted: 21:54 Jun06 2006 Post ID: 856744
morgio7
Forum GuestMember
+
Im not an emo or goth or punk, but I like dark colors and I dont know if that means anything
Mario+Pokemon+ssb=best game ever!!

I'm a b.l.i.n.d. dragon in team splice, team mario, and team sword! Join us!
Azred Ferla Posted: 09:28 Jun07 2006 Post ID: 856968
Azred Ferla
Forum GuestMember
+
On 06-Jun-2006 gogobananas said:Oh gawd you views are newbish...

Here in simple terms:

Goth-

Not everybody who breaks up with their girlfriend is Emo, you dumbass. Either most of the world's population are Emo or you really, really need to get out more. Any responsible Moderator would have locked this by now, before someone gets offended. Stereotyping is a form of mass flaming, and last time I checked, that's against the rules.

Rant off.

« Last edited by Azred Ferla on Jun 7th 2006 »
Azred Ferla, Black Mage of SuperCheats.
Lygace d'Azred Ferla
annefranman52 Posted: 09:31 Jun07 2006 Post ID: 856969
annefranman52
+
I was going to close it back on page one, the admins didn't have a problem with it though.
Azred Ferla Posted: 09:36 Jun07 2006 Post ID: 856973
Azred Ferla
Forum GuestMember
+
Maybe not back then, but if I'm not mistaken - which I'm not, because I rule - the discussion has since evolved from "Who's Emo?" to "Who hates Emos?", which is most definitely a form of flaming.
Azred Ferla, Black Mage of SuperCheats.
Lygace d'Azred Ferla
annefranman52 Posted: 09:40 Jun07 2006 Post ID: 856978
annefranman52
+
I see your point... and there is a lot of sterotyping, yeah, i guess it is basically flame.

~Closed~
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 243252

Post Top
Click to close