Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Red

missingo

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

hellthing Posted at: 03:27 Mar20 2005 Post ID: 101703
hellthing
Post Likes: 0
+
+
if you chatch missingo will it **** up your game???
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
die_zombie Posted at: 04:01 Mar23 2005 Post ID: 105035
die_zombie
Forum GuestMember
+
+
only if you save it and train it up or give it a rare candy, but the damage isnt permanent, its not a virus
Join this site...http://s14.invisionfree.com/ChaoticRoleplayRealm/index.php?
and this one...http://gameknot.com/?rfr=diezombie...when you sign up the second one, where it says referals by, type in diezombie
Big SMoke Posted at: 04:04 Mar23 2005 Post ID: 105037
Big SMoke
Forum GuestMember
+
+
when i caught it all these little squares came on the screen and my game stoped
Big SMoke
The Ultimate Cheater Posted at: 11:03 Apr15 2005 Post ID: 131343
The Ultimate Cheater
+
+
It messes up your game if you ctahc it and put it into your PC
die_zombie Posted at: 02:28 Apr23 2005 Post ID: 138798
die_zombie
Forum GuestMember
+
+
sometimes the stuff it does is quite funny...
Join this site...http://s14.invisionfree.com/ChaoticRoleplayRealm/index.php?
and this one...http://gameknot.com/?rfr=diezombie...when you sign up the second one, where it says referals by, type in diezombie
pokemonmaster151 Posted at: 02:06 May22 2005 Post ID: 170558
pokemonmaster151
Forum GuestMember
+
+
it is good for duplicating items
can u dig dat Posted at: 22:38 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203748
can u dig dat
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I hate Missingno.
HPR7O7 Posted at: 10:29 Jun13 2005 Post ID: 204393
HPR7O7
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Whos Missingno?
DIE BIN LADEN DIE DIE DIE 8)
DigDug Dude Posted at: 19:57 Jun19 2005 Post ID: 213763
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Here HPR707, I got this in G/S Hints. Take a look at it.

The following is mostly info on Missingno in Pokemon B/R/Y Version...

Missingno is a debugging Pokemon accidentally left in the game by Nintendo when they produced the game. It was used in experiments for hexadecimal altering and such to see how everything worked out and to make sure the game was functioning properly. It is an unstable Pokemon being, capable of screwing you game badly, sometimes even destroying the whole GameBoy in the process. If the graphics during battle get messy as a result of catching Missingno, your chances of the game glitching is much greater. But let me say this: ALL GAME PAKS ARE DIFFERENT. And because of this, different things will happen in everyone's game, so there is no telling what may happen if you catch it.

Missingno is responsible, apparently, for the game's save file and all of the big details in the game. I am somewhat confused, though, because Missingno was merely programmed for debugging purposes. But perhaps Missingno IS the controller of the game's main parts; maybe Nintendo simply forgot to remove accessability to it.

'Missingno' is short for 'Missing Number', and is the 'missing link' in the game. It has a Pokedex number of 000, thus stating that there really is a missing number about this thing. But what is even more mysterious is the fact that there is a person in the game that states that there is a 'missing link in the world'. Well, looks like this dude is referring to Missingno, undoubtedly. It seems to me many months ago a gamer on this site caught Missingno, and his player name changed to 'Link' and the game screwed-up. I was amazed later to find that his name, changed to 'Link', could have been connected to the 'missing link', also known as 'Missing Number', also known as 'Missingno'. So, alas, that must be why his name changed to Link!

Missingno has this ability to duplicate the sixth item in your item slot when you encounter it. Why? I figured that maybe the reason for this was because of the unstable reproducing hexadecimal residue data that was left behind in the making of Missingno. Or perhaps Nintendo put it in there like that for a reason? I don't know as of currently...

Remember the old coffee dude in Vermilion City, and how to find Missingno via him? Well, turns out that coffee dude is Missingno himself! If Missingno is responsible for all the Pokemon encounters and Pokemon stats, and if the coffee dude can just encounter a Weedle or Rattata out of nowhere, then he must be able to produce Pokemon anywhere, thus, he is most likely Missingno himself. In other words, he counts as a patch of grass. And maybe this has some connection to him being within the process of finding and capturing ++M++ or Missingno alongside Seafoam Islands.

In the newer versions of Pokemon Red and Blue and Yellow, Missingno has... well... changed... You see, Nintendo has recognized that many players have discovered how to find Missingno and capture it, so it has returned the blow by changing Missingno's appearance to look exactly like the ghosts found in the Pokemon Tower located in Lavender Town, without the Silph Scope. This may have been so that the game does not go unstable after having Missingno be caught. Missingno, in the older Red and Blue games, though, still continues to take a pixeled hex mess of a form, as most people find.

I have estimated that Missingno is the shadow of all existing Pokemon in the game, using certain hex codes to make itself appear as a secure, stable being that will not screw the game. But if you take away those codes and make the Pokemon unstable... then the Pokemon will become able to corrupt the game, and reveal itself truly as Missingno. A very mysterious thing indeed, that Missingno may actually be the primary compositional core of all Pokemon cyber existence.

In Pokemon Gold and Silver... Missingno is almost impossible to catch. Even Master Balls have a hard time catching it, leaving without avail most of the time. Sometimes, Missingno will appear in the form of a '?' with a circle around it, but this only seems valid in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen.
On rare occasions, Missingno may cause the massage 'Waiting...!' appear right in the middle of the screen during battle... I have not isolated this cause yet...

I think you can trade it to Gold or Silver Version, I don't know for sure... ?Darkboarder_77

This might also be interesting: As you might know, all Bird Pokemon, or Pokemon that have the type flying, have Flying as their second type, never the first. If the type flying was ever the first, for some reason, it would mess up.

Pidgey is the first Pokemon that is completely flying. Charizard was the first flying, but he HAD to be type 1 fire because, well, he's a fire Pokemon. Since Pidgey was the first Flying Pokemon, Nintendo probably tried to make him type 1 Flying. It probably messed up and they had to start over with a new Pidgey, putting Flying in type 2 and replaced type 1 with Normal. But normal has the weakness of Fighting and the first type is the dominating one. But if you use a Fighting move is not very effective. Meaning type 1 Normal is just preventing it from messing up.

Missingno is therefore probably a Pidgey, type 1 Flying (which is the reason it messed up), and the Normal type is just preventing another Missingno.
Romney '08!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 12:11 Jun26 2005 Post ID: 224529
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
DigDug Dude! DId you ever actually catch missingno.? What happened if you did.

P.s. You are REALLY HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.nicksforum.funurl.com <-- Join today! A great site for everyone who just wants to hang out with a bunch of friendly people.

Linkin Park = Awesome =D. If you want to msg me, my AIM screen name is Lameflame13. =) Again, consider joining my forums!
DigDug Dude Posted at: 20:10 Jun26 2005 Post ID: 224997
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 26-Jun-2005 Mew is the best!!!!! said:DigDug Dude! DId you ever actually catch missingno.? What happened if you did.

P.s. You are REALLY HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I haven't caught it, but thanks. I got that stuff off the internet.

EDIT: Now I've caught it. All it did was duplicate my 6th item. It didn't mess up my Hall of Fame because I hadn't beat the Elite Four.
Romney '08!
Dragon_Victor Posted at: 12:55 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230743
Dragon_Victor
Forum GuestMember
+
+
There are so many beliefs for Missing No. and 'M, but I thint this one's the most logical explanation I've seen so far. One guy said Missing No. was the erasings from Lugia and that's why it was Flying type. If you were to catch Missing No. or 'M, it would probably be better if you catch 'M because I caught it and all it just did was pretty much crash my Hall of Fame and duplicate some items more than I wanted. It did nothing like crash the whole GameBoy or ruin the game, but who knows, like you said, DigDug Dude, all game paks are different, so I don't know.

P.s: But it is pretty interesting to find out what will happen. (My 'M knows Water Gun, Water Gun and Sky Attack and that's even after I gave it a Rare Candy and made it evolve into a Kangaskhan).
Avatar made by me. Yeah! Go uhhh, Skariazutops!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 17:55 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281158
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
I wish it wouldn't be a guess on your game pack to know if your capable of catching missingno. without it crashing your game.
www.nicksforum.funurl.com <-- Join today! A great site for everyone who just wants to hang out with a bunch of friendly people.

Linkin Park = Awesome =D. If you want to msg me, my AIM screen name is Lameflame13. =) Again, consider joining my forums!
Dragon_Victor Posted at: 18:09 Aug02 2005 Post ID: 310811
Dragon_Victor
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I took a chance at catching Missingno. and the only things that changed were that in battle, the pok�mons' pictures were screwed up.
When you look at it in your party, the little picture changes depending on where you are. And when you check it's stats, it will make different sounds depending on where you are also. And I made a team of a Missingno. and five 'Ms and saved it and the next time I played it, I only had my Missingno. and one 'M. Weird eh?
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 20:02 Aug02 2005 Post ID: 311053
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
I think missingno. is a baby kangaskahn, but they decided not to put it in and forgot to take it out. That may be why it evolves into a kangaskahn.

Dragon_Victor Posted at: 18:21 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313413
Dragon_Victor
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, I've heard that once about 'M, and Missingno. was the first Pidgey. They put "Flying" for its primary type, but it screwed up somehow. (That's why normal is Pidgey's primary type and flying is its secondairy type.) And the old Pidgey is Missingno. and the pixel mess was the erasings of it. That's what I heard anyway.
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 18:43 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313452
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
Looks like cotton candy.

DigDug Dude Posted at: 09:16 Aug12 2005 Post ID: 335638
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Doesn't look that way to me. It looks like a scambled up picture of your character (Ash) when he's just entering a battle.
Romney '08!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 09:47 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 338221
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
You could catch yourself!!lol!!

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close